Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (41541 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

No one is even forcing them to believe but this selective reading is just silly at least come with a decent argument!

Dear, they HAVE to indulge in selective reading . . . if they ever tried to honestly read the bible in context they would have no arguments left.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 2:03am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

Yes he did and he paid! Stop your selective reading abeg!

But isn't that a bit of selective justice on God's part? why God no strike am down immediately as he did to the person who tried to help in lifting the ark of covenant when it stumbled?
If you were a judge and this two people were brought before you who would you kill and who would you give a light punishment?

1. Someone killed a man and started to panaki the wife
2. Your property was about to suffer some damage and someone rescued it

It does look somehow doesn't it, and that is just one example.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 2:08am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

But isn't that a bit of selective justice on God's part? why God no strike am down immediately as he did to the person who tried to help in lifting the ark of covenant when it stumbled?
If you were a judge and this two people were brought before you who would you kill and who would you give a light punishment?

but still had ways he used in asking God for forgiveness,now wait a minute,is it not God that said we should confess our sins and he will forgive us?the same merciful God? undecided so what r u on about,can u dance naked just outside ur door,not minding if people r watching?

abeg,have u not committed sin in this ur life,even worst sin,so wats ur point
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 2:10am On Dec 20, 2008
Dudu your post is flawed.

I cant see what you are trying to drive at.

He had someone killed and he was punished and the one thing he wanted most out of this world he was not given the grace to do the grace was pasted to his son.

God is a merciful God is it us humans (me included) who are blood thirsty wicked and unforgiving.

By all means question Christianity seek answers but please don't argue blindly.

duduspace:

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 2:11am On Dec 20, 2008
busybein:

but still had ways he used in asking God for forgiveness,now wait a minute,is it not God that said we should confess our sins and he will forgive us?the same merciful God? undecided so what r u on about,can u dance naked just outside ur door,not minding if people r watching?

abeg,have u not committed sin in this ur life,even worst sin,so wats ur point

No need to get hot under the collar, I am not saying he should not have been forgiven I'm only asking why the other chap did not get the same treatment.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:11am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

My dear, its "selective" because you want it to be so you can have an argument.
The ark of the covenant and what it symbolises is firmly written in the books of the law. It is expressly indicated that as the symbol of God's presence, ONLY PRIESTS are allowed to handle it. Uzzah made a mistake and paid the price that EVERYONE was well aware of.

Now back to Davidm, why shld God strike him dead for taking someone else's wife? Did God strike Absalom dead for killing Amnon?

duduspace:

Depends on what the constitution prescribes as punishment. Some states in the US sentence murderers to death while others have only life in prison.

duduspace:

lol u dont understand the symbolism of the ark.

duduspace:

It only looks EXACTLY the way you want it to look because if you were to look at it in totality of the bible u'd have no leg to stand on.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 2:13am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

I can't see what you are trying to drive at.

He had someone killed and he was punished and the one thing he wanted most out of this world he was not given the grace to do the grace was pasted to his son.

God is a merciful God is it us humans (me included) who are blood thirsty wicked and unforgiving.

How could you say God is merciful when he has killed millions of people, women and innocent children included, not sparing the poor animals too.  Is this the act of a merciful being, or don't you know the meaning of the word merciful?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:15am On Dec 20, 2008
God does what he likes morality and the bible are mutually exclusive.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 2:15am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

How could you say God is merciful when he has killed millions of people, women and innocent children included, not sparing the poor animals too.  Is this the act of a merciful being, or don't you know the meaning of the word merciful?

maybe u should consider inviting d same God in a law court and ask him dis questions?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 2:16am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

I can't see what you are trying to drive at.

You are now all singing discordant tunes meaning that you are only trying to justify your position at all cost. someone says it is forgivenes, another says it is symbolism of the ark, somebody else says my post is flawed when I only asked a simple question and painted a scenario when God himself gave the commandment saying thou shalt not kill and never gave a commandment saying thou shalt not lift up the ark if it falls.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 20, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

God does what he likes morality and the bible are mutually exclusive.

hahahahahahahaha this people just like to split my sides sha.  grin Enjoy living in spiritual darkness.

huxley:

Unfortunately God isnt beholden to you. You dont have to sweat it struggling to read his book. Just have fun.

Here is the question that nags me . . . if you hate him so why do you spend so much time talking about Him? Dudu and Chris can think about that too.
you really dont waste so much energy on someone unless He's real no?

There are just as many muslims in the world as christians YET i dont see anyone spending so much time on allah.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ajadrage: 2:19am On Dec 20, 2008
No one living individual can attempt to justify the actions of the creator of existence and I would advice anyone not to attempt such. His ways are unfathomable and waaay beyond the grasping of carnal physical rationalizations. There are so many mysteries that guide the workings of the great eternal and mankind with his limited reasoning faculties cannot claim knowledge of all of them. However, we do know that his ways are justified and cannot be questioned. At the fullness of time, all things and the reason behind them would be revealed to mankind and this we know to be true.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 2:19am On Dec 20, 2008
busybein:

maybe u should consider inviting d same God in a law court and ask him this questions?

grin

duduspace:

You are now all singing discordant tunes meaning that you are only trying to justify your position at all cost. someone says it is forgivenes, another says it is symbolism of the ark, somebody else says my post is flawed when I only asked a simple question and painted a scenario when God himself gave the commandment saying thou shalt not kill and never gave a commandment saying thou shalt not lift up the ark if it falls.

He said thou shalt not kill yes you are very right.  
What is the consequence of killing another?
Selective reading once again.

Can you tell us?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:20am On Dec 20, 2008
But david na wetin you tell me be that na
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 2:21am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

Who has he killed?

Stop making blind statements come out with facts.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 2:22am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

hahahahahahahaha this people just like to split my sides sha.  grin Enjoy living in spiritual darkness.

Unfortunately God isnt beholden to you. You don't have to sweat it struggling to read his book. Just have fun.

Here is the question that nags me . . . if you hate him so why do you spend so much time talking about Him? Dudu and Chris can think about that too.
you really don't waste so much energy on someone unless He's real no?

There are just as many muslims in the world as christians YET i don't see anyone spending so much time on allah.

He may not be real, but people like you who beleive this things without questioning them are very real and we do have to interact with you don't we?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

there are "discordant tunes" because that is EXACTLY what you are straining to see.

1. Uzzah died because he touched the ark meant only for priests.

2. David did NOT touch the ark. He sinned with Uriah's wife and begged for mercy immediately. He still paid the price - lost the first child even after all the prayer, was not allowed to build the first temple and the sword never departed from his family. From his grandson, the kingdom was finally divided.

He may have not been killed but he certainly didnt get away scot-free.

Found any more discordant tunes?  grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 2:22am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

grin

He said thou shalt not kill yes you are very right.  
What is the consequence of killing another?
Selective reading once again.

Can you tell us?

dont mind them,d time they use in studying d WORD OF GOD,even me sef as a xtian have not spent one quarter of it

is it not obvious they love dis same God cool they r so much inlove wt him dat they cant do wtout his word

asinwin undecided
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:23am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT do you honestly believe God will come down in your lifetime?
The kingdom of God has been at hand since or am I missing something here?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 2:23am On Dec 20, 2008
busybein:

maybe u should consider inviting d same God in a law court and ask him this questions?

This does not answer the attrubution of the quality of merciful to such a barbaric monster.  Only such as God would worship and praise this monster.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:25am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

He may not be real, but people like you who beleive this things without questioning them are very real and we do have to interact with you don't we?

another bogus nonsense. grin
dont you equally interact with muslims? cheesy

I also HAVE to interact with athiests . . . do you see me haranguing you every damn day? You dont interact with hindus or sango worshippers?

What is it about "interacting with us" that you must needs talk about the bible? Do we paste it on our foreheads and push the scriptures down your throat?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 2:25am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

Who has he killed?

Stop making blind statements come out with facts.

Clearly, you have never read your bible.

For starters, who killed millions of people in the flood?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 2:25am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

This does not answer the attrubution of the quality of merciful to such a barbaric monster.  Only such as God would worship and praise this monster.

ive told u to call him down,and ask him,infact he wil most def answer ur questions,all of them from A-Z

his ways r higher tha our ways,his tots higher than ours too,watever he chooses to do,let him,THE ALMIGHTY GOD  cool
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by nguage(m): 2:26am On Dec 20, 2008
I'll stop doubting if God brings my girl back.  cry cry
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:26am On Dec 20, 2008
How about the orders to kill people? Does that not count or did Moses do stuff on his own?
He ordered people who failed tin keep some commandments to be killed,
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 20, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

why does the time of his return bother you if you believe He doesnt exist?  grin

busybein:

don't mind them,d time they use in studying d WORD OF GOD,even me sef as a Christian have not spent one quarter of it

is it not obvious they love this same God cool they r so much inlove wt him that they can't do wtout his word

lol sometimes they bring bible verses that i saw last several yrs ago . . . one found palestine in Exodus . . . i'd never even seen it before until i had to go find the hebrew bible to read the real meaning.

These people who claim to disbelief God even read his word more than us . . .  grin some people certainly love to decieve themselves.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 2:28am On Dec 20, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Here you people go again.  Darling did I state that?

The fact is none of us know when the time will come no date was given.  All we can do is take each day as it comes learn from our mistakes seek the truth and do good.

The only thing certain to me is death that I know will come to me.  God coming down in my lifetime  
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ajadrage: 2:28am On Dec 20, 2008
Someone would start mentioning the wars of cleansing in the old testament as evidence of the barbarity of the creator, but you forget that the ancient Israel nation was a tool in the hand of the Father to cleanse his land from the abominations that were perpetrated by these nations. Blood for blood, as they were wont to sacrifice human lives, so were their lives required of them by the almighty Justce. Yeah, in his own standards too, Jesus' life became a ransom for sinful and fallen man, thus we do not see further bloodshed from the times of Jesus.

And mind you, millions were not killed in the flood, just the armies of Pharoah when they attempted to harm God's people.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:31am On Dec 20, 2008
Oga david which one you dey na, you no want your boy to dey happy cheesy
Me I come here to vent sha plus its fun to interact with you guys abi person need letter from aso rock first
You never still answer me oh, morality and the bible are exclusive abi?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 20, 2008
n-guage:

I'll stop doubting if God brings my girl back.  cry cry

sorry but why shld He? Was she a believer? If she wasnt then sorry God has no dealings with her soul. The bible is more than clear on that.

Besides you have so many living clouds of witnesses . . . you have a choice NOT to believe.

I constantly tell christians . . . salvation is NOT by force. Even Christ said . . . if a house recieve you not, he didnt tell you to stay there begging them . . . he said to shake the dust off your feet and depart.

Let him that will be unrighteous be unrighteous still.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:32am On Dec 20, 2008
Oga david which one you dey na, you no want your boy to dey happy cheesy
Me I come here to vent sha plus its fun to interact with you guys abi person need letter from aso rock first
You never still answer me oh, morality and the bible are exclusive abi?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 2:33am On Dec 20, 2008
ajadrage:

Someone would start mentioning the wars of cleansing in the old testament as evidence of the barbarity of the creator, but you forget that the ancient Israel nation was a tool in the hand of the Father to cleanse his land from the abominations that were perpetrated by these nations. Blood for blood, as they were wont to sacrifice human lives, so were their lives required of them by the almighty Justce. Yeah, in his own standards too, Jesus' life became a ransom for sinful and fallen man, thus we do not see further bloodshed from the times of Jesus.

And mind you, millions were not killed in the flood, just the armies of Pharoah when they attempted to harm God's people.

God bless you!!!

Read that Huxley they were not INNOCENT as you claim.

Even in todays science mad world an earthquake or flood where people die is seen as population control.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

"God Stopped Bullets From Entering My Body"; Man Attacked By Armed Robbers.PICS / "Dead Boy Resurrects At Lord's Chosen Charismatic Ministries" - Member Claims / "Worship Leaders Lie When They Lead Worship Songs" - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.