Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity (21605 Views)

No Christianity, No Nigeria / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. / Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by iamord(m): 6:10am On Jan 21, 2015
olivegirl:

Your God my God was or is in existence, but he look for a way to harmonised us. He started by sending different prophets. Then sent us human spirit jesus. Asking us to behave like jesus. That is how no matter what I feel that that my village god, it cannot be popular. We don't need blood of animal. All we need is making my body a living sacrifice(positive acts) all the time. Jesus teachings is the same law of government. Embrace his teaching .
insightful!! I would have loved to embrace him but I discovered some people with similarities like him.. The likes of buddah and horus. Can I embrace their teachings too?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by stinggy(m): 6:13am On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:

Ofcos Christian doctrines and Fela Kutilifestyle - craves for women were on a parallel lines just like homosexuals today, they hate christianity simply because it doesn't accept their disgusting lifestyle

Were there homosexuals when we were practising traditional religions?
Why is it on the rise now?

About fela's crave for women, he was still a learner compared to your King Solomon or even David.

And lastly, @the bolded: do you know the number of Catholic and Anglican priests practising homosexuality? Do you have a faint idea

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by gudluckgreat(m): 6:16am On Jan 21, 2015
saintopus:

Not all require human blood, goat blood etc. Some use herbs and chanting of various names of Gods to get a better understanding of the problem. You see, African Traditional Religion today lacks credibility because it was not written down in a holy book. Worse, the advent of the influence of foreign religion finally erode the little history and relevance of the ATR. Most of the Actions of the Gods or gods of the Old Testament are not different from African Gods. The different perhaps was that, theirs was written down on a "holy book " while ours was not. African Gods like Amadioha, Ogun, etc. are real to the Africans and their worshippers as much as elohim is a valid God to the christians.
To this end, African have been solving their problems time immemorial using their ways.

God Bless U Ma Bro. That Was Spot On.
U are Truly african
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by AJOT99(m): 6:17am On Jan 21, 2015
Their spiritual problems were not really solved. It was like removing malaria and introducing cancer. Thank God for Jesus!

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by gudluckgreat(m): 6:23am On Jan 21, 2015
buccunmie:

According to religious ethic, some problems are solved while some end up resurfacing after a while. d bottom line is dat, devil can't give you a gift without collecting something else from you. dia must be an exchange.

.No Offence Meant Sir,But Did U study ATR at Least In Sec Sch?
ATR is a Religion that recognizes Good and Evil. So Please Don't Conclude its On its Own,a devilish Religion.
The Difference Is Simply That Jesus Came and Became Our Intersessor and the Link to Our Almighty God which Has Been the Work Of those Smaller Gods.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 21, 2015
lastchild:
were those small gods not solving the problems?

if they did, y do we experience more family inherited probs?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by chidekings(m): 6:34am On Jan 21, 2015
cococandy:
People have always had imaginary spiritual problems. No spirits were after them then and none are after them now.

ur answer just answered the op,allow all this religious bigot deceive themselves

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 21, 2015
iamord:
well the question is simple “How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity”.. Its suppose to be an enlightening and brainstorming session.. But so far I have seen the opposite of what I came here for cos of some peoples“I too know”.. Well if you have an idea you can as well drop it
I don't really have an idea regarding the question but to be honest, the little I have known,seen and learnt from my grandfather then made me believe that their gods answered and provided for them during their time. He was a pagan but believe me, I have never seen an upright, honest and man of good morals like him.

He said things started falling apart when the chief priests out of their own selfish interest misused the power been given to them and lie to their worshippers just like our pastors do now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by iamord(m): 6:36am On Jan 21, 2015
otykay:

if they did, y do we experience more family inherited probs?
because the black mans heart is evil! Witchcraft and traditional practice are to different things. Even tradition does not condone it.. So don't join them together.. Today we also have inherited problems from the church.. The people have become brain dead.. And enslaved mentally.

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by oboyo1(m): 6:49am On Jan 21, 2015
lastchild:
were those small gods not solving the problems?
herbalist
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by iamord(m): 6:49am On Jan 21, 2015
softysparky:

I don't really have an idea regarding the question but to be honest, the little I have known,seen and learnt from my grandfather then made me believe that their gods answered and provided for them during their time. He was a pagan but believe me, I have never seen an upright, honest and man of good morals like him.

He said things started falling apart when the chief priests out of their own selfish interest misused the power been given to them and lie to their worshippers just like our pastors do now.
lol! You have contributed a good and insightful piece here, and we share similar experiences.. Its the same thing going on today but people tend to point fingers at the minority. People prefer to see an evil pastor than a good pagan.. That's why there is no unity

4 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Nimen(m): 6:59am On Jan 21, 2015
saintopus:

Not all require human blood, goat blood etc. Some...

Okay, Got what i need thanks bye bye
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by jsea(m): 7:03am On Jan 21, 2015
d small gods can solve problems in d odd way just 4 a few time until d situation bcomes abnormal again
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Nimen(m): 7:05am On Jan 21, 2015
macof:

Yet nations were better off before christianity
Nubia, Egypt, Rome etc.
Explain to us how the solutions never came before ur Jesus?

nations were better off before christianity? So you can seriously tell me that the world was better then than now? Guy you seriously need to be checked
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Edusouls(m): 7:06am On Jan 21, 2015
you are making a mistake those days they dont easily have spiritual problems, cos they respect the values of life, and adore the principles of nature..we the so called christians are the ones with numerous and chronic spiritual problems, and it gets worse by the day,due to our very rotten and twisted way of life...

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by bakynes(m): 7:30am On Jan 21, 2015
Some of us Christians are ignorant,they are quick to label Islam as a demonic religion. Today Islamic extremist kill other non-muslims that don't want to take Islam as their religion, in the olden days, Christian crusaders also killed pple and wage war on pple that do not take Christianity as their own religion. Remember Christianity is an older religion to Islam so all wat ISIS, bokoharam and the rest are doing today Christian crusaders did a long time ago. To those calling all African traditionalist evil from the devil are just plain ignorant, Ifa, Orunmila are not evil they just communicate to God differently from the way Christians and Muslim do today.

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by cupidhero(m): 7:35am On Jan 21, 2015
It is realy pointless for a christian to argue with a man who claims to have found a higher knowledge than what is laid down in the bible.
How do you expect to convince him of an invisible but invincible creator? A whole lot of sinners could use the passion and knowledge you put into the preaching you are giving to these people who turned away from God because they think they know more about him than everyone else. Imagine people wey get supernova-hot hanging ball ontop hear dey blow english trying to prove their is no God. Christians need to apply wisdom more these days. I see more a show of knowledge between these atheists and my christian brothers. Pointless arguments!
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by jantavanta(m): 7:41am On Jan 21, 2015
They were not destroying in the name of Gods of Mass Destruction, like we do today.

They were not threatening each other's lives, struggling to retain/increase religious membership.

There were no sects competing for supremacy

There was no need for EFCC

People did not conveniently swear by man-made/printed holy books

Nobody died to see God

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 21, 2015
iamord:
lol! You have contributed a good and insightful piece here, and we share similar experiences.. Its the same thing going on today but people tend to point fingers at the minority. People prefer to see an evil pastor than a good pagan.. That's why there is no unity
I think the reason some people embrace religion is to extend or escape the punishment for their sins and misdeeds because we were told that our God is a merciful God, people now use that as an excuse to commit all kinds of atrocities and confess to pastor later but during the days of our grandfathers, people are being punished for their sins by their gods immediately.

If not that some evil people misused the power, I kina prefer our traditional religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by joeace2020(m): 7:57am On Jan 21, 2015
MissMeiya:
No offense, but Nigerian Christians are the WORST defenders of their faith. Maybe because it's so damn foreign to us.

Because the explanations in this thread are just...

my sister i tire... i feel like crying
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by rman: 8:02am On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:
at some point people will have to introduce people to new things, don't be ridiculous, the same white people also ensure that you are educated today, that you don't kill your twins. Christianity stopped you from killing your twins, killing those who unmask a masquerade and many other atrocities. Be reasonable for once.

You are the one being unreasonable by accepting what was told to you by foreigners hook line and sinker and rejected your own.

Who told you Africans were uneducated?

What gave you the impression that they didn't slow down our development with slave trade rubbish?

What gave you the impression I am a christian?

A lot of posters before me have pointed out how you guys throw logic and common sense out and come up with lame reasons for claiming Christianity is the best.

Do some research and you would have found out in your bible, human sacrifices were made. Is the ultimate sacrifice not crucifixion of Jesus anymore? Is Jesus a plant?

Same thing you condemned in other religion is right there in yours but you are too blind to see it or mentally lazy to figure it out.

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by menxer: 8:06am On Jan 21, 2015
[KJV] Daniel 11:32 ...but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

the above quote made no mention of Jehovah, elohim, Zeus, Amon Ra, Ogun, Abasi, Allah, etc, but that knowing your GOD, by whatever name called, you will be strong and do exploits.

the Chinese are not a Christian people but they are leaders in technology, they still hold fast unto their traditional religion and beliefs, same with the Indians; they have transformed their knowledge of traditional medicine into modern medical applications.

let's not digress too much from the OP

5 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by nepp(f): 8:18am On Jan 21, 2015
Science solves my spiritual issues.

I'm out!
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by omonnakoda: 8:33am On Jan 21, 2015
Rossikk:

There is no evidence that there was a 'Christ'. There were no contemporary witnesses or eyewitness accounts of this personality. The new testament was written around 70 AD by people who claimed a man named Jesus had lived 70 years earlier.
I do not know if by "Christ" you mean "Jesus" , Certainly there is plenty of evidence that there was a man called Jesus who is the subject of the New Testament and lived shortly before it was written. This whole subject is debated in the so called "HISTORICITY OF JESUS". It is worth studying

I say this not to express any opinion on "JESUS" or what he stood for but to say :THERE IS NO EVIDENCE is ridiculous. Evidence does not mean proof but just data that evokes reasonable conviction. Of course one may argue that there is contradictory evidence which is TRUE but a different claim entirely

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by DobleO7: 8:59am On Jan 21, 2015
macof:

and this is absolutely idiotic, you might nt realize it but ur extremism is on the high, I wonder why people like u condemn boko haram for the same religious extremism

Now anything non-Christian is devil orientated? Shows how ignorant u are about other religions and spiritual standards...did muslims tell u they worship ur devil? Did hindus tell u they know ur devil? Did African traditionalists tell u a devil exist?

You ridiculous dogmatic parasites never seem to realize ur actions and silly hateful comments are bad for society and the world at large

Why are you bitter and insulting?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by omonnakoda: 9:10am On Jan 21, 2015
iamord:
because the black mans heart is evil! Witchcraft and traditional practice are to different things. Even tradition does not condone it.. So don't join them together.. Today we also have inherited problems from the church.. The people have become brain dead.. And enslaved mentally.
Unlike the Chinese and Japanese hearts that are full of goodness and virtue

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 21, 2015
2015 and black people still believing in a Jewish messiah? How lame angry

5 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by johnydon22(m): 9:30am On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:
yes because we believe in the bible as the Word of God and not attempts by those who hate the faith. I'm really sure you believed that when you read it, of course that's because it's condemning Christianity. You don't care how true and valid it is. It's typical of your type so we ain't surprise
No it is pure history...Facts remain so whether you believe it or not.
So christianity's own history is condemnation unto it?...Now thats not a good historical activity indeed... why dont you research more about christianity and how it all came to be on ur own... and also how the emperor constantine and other church fathers compiled the bible at the council of nicea!!

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 9:33am On Jan 21, 2015
rman:

Who introduced you to this Christian God?

Logically, the poster you quoted made a lot of sense.
Some1 did, and I discover God also
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 9:34am On Jan 21, 2015
iamord:
say no more cos you don't know what you are saying
am very very sorry
Accept jesus today before it to late
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 9:36am On Jan 21, 2015
Rossikk:

If sacrifice is evil why does your supposed salvation depend on the human sacrifice of 'Jesus' to your bible 'God'? Why could your god not forgive humanity their sins without requiring human sacrifice? What is the difference between your god and the other gods you claim are 'demonic', since presumably, they all demand blood sacrifice?

Don't bother answering - save your excuses... and your double standards.
well
He who reject wisdom....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anglican Church Members Protest Against Their Bishop In Delta For Looting (Pics) / Satanic Suggestions While Serving God / Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.