Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity (21604 Views)

No Christianity, No Nigeria / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. / Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by buccunmie(m): 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2015
macof:

Yes am serious. Christianity is bad for humanity and mother earth at large
Mehn, dis macof guy Ehn, am sorry, your case is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Nimen(m): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
macof:

I ask a question first...answer me
How has christianity solved our problems and made humanity better off?

guy you're not making sense at all
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
davien:
Is there even such a thing as "spiritual problem"?..I've noticed that anyone using those terms just refer to difficulties that are re-current.
Edusouls:
you are making a mistake those days they dont easily have spiritual problems, cos they respect the values of life, and adore the principles of nature..we the so called christians are the ones with numerous and chronic spiritual problems, and it gets worse by the day,due to our very rotten and twisted way of life...

nepp:
Science solves my spiritual issues.

I'm out!

Now maybe this religionists can let us go back to the main cause of the thread

That's the point...there's really no such thing as "spiritual problem"
There are problems that we don't understand how they came, why they came and how to get it rid of it, we begin to run...and in the old days Priests had the best answers, they studied and observed nature to understand things and help people..how we go to hospital today for sudden pain in the chest...people go to priests
Because priests (the only ones with solution) are spiritual teachers, others take this problems as caused intentional by some evil spirits...African languages don't even have a word for "spiritual problem"

"Spiritual" is also very erroneously defined today by many due to the infringement of Abrahamic lies
Spiritual means relating to spirits, what are spirits? Sprits are simply energies that grow as integral(obviously incorporeal) parts of certain aspects of Nature

4 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
Nimen:

guy you're not making sense at all

How pls? do I need to rephrase my question to you?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by stinggy(m): 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:
How can one support gods that demand sacrificing of twins? Wasn't that sheer ignorance?

But it is easier for you to support the god that instructed wiping off entire nations/cities?
How more bias can you get

I wish you could judge things without fear or favour for any of the two gods being discussed here.

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by fuckerholic(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
buccunmie:

According to religious ethic, some problems are solved while some end up resurfacing after a while. d bottom line is dat, devil can't give you a gift without collecting something else from you. dia must be an exchange.

And who told you that ? Talk wetin you know bro and stop being over religious

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by fuckerholic(m): 10:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
macof:

Excuse me! Small Gods you say?. Yet these Gods protected our ancestors, kept our lands free from disasters, enabled us build empires, graced us with intelligence and skills to overcome life's huddles, healed us etc.

Surely ur God, Jehovah must be the small ones

Bro do you know the name you just mentioned now saying he is a small God ? I guess you start asking for forgiveness before you are crushed
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by buccunmie(m): 10:38pm On Jan 21, 2015
Abrahamweb:

And jehova will give you gift + peace?
How about job,samson,solomon.
Don't deceive yourself,they got gift and paid for it in full.
Sorry bro, Job case was a deal between God and Satan, I don't think I need to remind u that Satan request to handle him believing he (Job) will curse God (job1:11).
Samson messed himself up by telling Delilah d source of his power. As for the wise Solomon, his love for women especially the foreign ones made him weak towards the end of his reign..........Will you now say God arrange Delilah for Samson or dose foreign women for solomon?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by dajoaneke(m): 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
davien:
Atleast we didn't kill each other that much before those foreign abrahamic religions came

Then why did God flood the earth? Wickedness filled the earth... Why did Christ die? Because the world was sinful and wicked. Back in the days, everybody get juju e de serve. Thats why you hear generational curses, family juju etc. Our forefathers were wicked, believe it
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Frazercrib(m): 10:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
Everyone is entitled to their opinion
From my point of view,religion is doing more harm than good in this country.

4 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by davien(m): 10:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
dajoaneke:

Then why did God flood the earth? Wickedness filled the earth... Why did Christ die? Because the world was sinful and wicked. Back in the days, everybody get juju e de serve. Thats why you hear generational curses, family juju etc. Our forefathers were wicked, believe it
We've reached a point where we can say for certain that a "global flood" as told by the "bible" never happened...otherwise we'd find life-forms like trilobytes and cows on the same strata and we'd also not find geological features unique to certain environments...plus civilizations that were recorded to have existed never ceased existing at the time of the alleged "flood"(e.g The Egyptians )

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
dajoaneke:

Madman.

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2015
fuckerholic:

Bro do you know the name you just mentioned now saying he is a small God ? I guess you start asking for forgiveness before you are crushed
Yes, ur Jesus nd his father are small doGs
You can attempt to prove me wrong

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by fuckerholic(m): 8:25am On Jan 22, 2015
macof:

Yes, ur Jesus nd his father are small doGs
You can attempt to prove me wrong

You better go and read about D lawrence of america,nebukadnezzar of iraq,pharoah of egypt,etc don't in the name of argument make yourself a victim of his wrath.even other religions and your so called blind practice acknowledges the supremacy of JEHOVAH and JESUS CHRIST.don't be too overzealous than your teachers and founders..better go ask them.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Abrahamweb(m): 9:01am On Jan 22, 2015
buccunmie:

Sorry bro, Job case was a deal between God and Satan, I don't think I need to remind u that Satan request to handle him believing he (Job) will curse God (job1:11).
Samson messed himself up by telling Delilah d source of his power. As for the wise Solomon, his love for women especially the foreign ones made him weak towards the end of his reign..........Will you now say God arrange Delilah for Samson or dose foreign women for solomon?
what was the end result?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by TheIkoro(m): 9:30am On Jan 22, 2015
Abrahamweb:

what was the end result?

The end result? Woe unto Man: Woman.

I AM truly sorry for the foolish Alsatian.

- Ikoro Iyineleda.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by uzolexis(f): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
uzoexcel:
It beats me that jesus used a muslim guvnor to effectivelt stop d ebola menace!!!surely d saints must b turning in their graves!!!

I knew I was gonna find u in this kinda thread tongue
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
fuckerholic:

You better go and read about D lawrence of america,nebukadnezzar of iraq,pharoah of egypt,etc don't in the name of argument make yourself a victim of his wrath.even other religions and your so called blind practice acknowledges the supremacy of JEHOVAH and JESUS CHRIST.don't be too overzealous than your teachers and founders..better go ask them.

You are mad to call African practices blind...I thought you wanted to prove ur supremacy nd not continue with the usual threats. I did ask u to attempt...this is quite low undecided
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by uzoexcel(m): 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
face ur studies
uzolexis:

I knew I was gonna find u in this kinda thread tongue
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by fuckerholic(m): 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
macof:

You are mad to call African practices blind...I thought you wanted to prove ur supremacy nd not continue with the usual threats. I did ask u to attempt...this is quite low undecided

Your religion is the most relegated worldwide..doesn't even appear nor listed in option bc of its primitiveness..by your religion I now know your personality.where was your rugu dark practice when christianity came with their development,education,science,research,clothing when you people were busy killing twins and all sorts of wicked acts that kept africa where they are till today which christianity is trying to uproot,clean and sanitize to the fullest ? After all christianity did and is still doing for you,you still have the guts,effontry and impetus to rant against it..nonsense primitive man take a look at your temples and compare to christian churches..u node even shame sef ! Fool.

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Rossikk(m): 12:21am On Jan 23, 2015
omonnakoda:
I do not know if by "Christ" you mean "Jesus" , Certainly there is plenty of evidence that there was a man called Jesus who is the subject of the New Testament and lived shortly before it was written. This whole subject is debated in the so called "HISTORICITY OF JESUS". It is worth studying

I say this not to express any opinion on "JESUS" or what he stood for but to say :THERE IS NO EVIDENCE is ridiculous. Evidence does not mean proof but just data that evokes reasonable conviction. Of course one may argue that there is contradictory evidence which is TRUE but a different claim entirely

Where is the evidence?

excerpt

http://www.alternet.org/belief/5-reasons-suspect-jesus-never-existed

In the words of Bart Ehrman (who himself believes the stories were built on a historical kernel):

“What sorts of things do pagan authors from the time of Jesus have to say about him? Nothing. As odd as it may seem, there is no mention of Jesus at all by any of his pagan contemporaries. There are no birth records, no trial transcripts, no death certificates; there are no expressions of interest, no heated slanders, no passing references – nothing. In fact, if we broaden our field of concern to the years after his death – even if we include the entire first century of the Common Era – there is not so much as a solitary reference to Jesus in any non-Christian, non-Jewish source of any kind. I should stress that we do have a large number of documents from the time – the writings of poets, philosophers, historians, scientists, and government officials, for example, not to mention the large collection of surviving inscriptions on stone and private letters and legal documents on papyrus. In none of this vast array of surviving writings is Jesus’ name ever so much as mentioned.” (pp. 56-57)
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 2:08am On Jan 23, 2015
fuckerholic:

Your religion is the most relegated worldwide..doesn't even appear nor listed in option bc of its primitiveness..by your religion I now know your personality.where was your rugu dark practice when christianity came with their development,education,science,research,clothing when you people were busy killing twins and all sorts of wicked acts that kept africa where they are till today which christianity is trying to uproot,clean and sanitize to the fullest ? After all christianity did and is still doing for you,you still have the guts,effontry and impetus to rant against it..nonsense primitive man take a look at your temples and compare to christian churches..u node even shame sef ! Fool.

All this bullpoo in one post
Now where do I start with all this ignorance?
You religious parasites and ur complete lack of knowledge. All u posted here are caucasian lies from the deepest pits of hell, that u moronic slaves believe over ur own people
I never told u I have a religion did I?
Christianity brought education Damn! You best seek christianity for better education cus only a slowpoke would utter such. Do u even know what education is? Ur brain is so puny...this is why christianity is bad for kids...it shrinks their intellectual capacity nd turns them to morons.
We Africans have had education from the very first point of our humanity...if anything pagans gave Christians education.
Then if you mean western education...wats so special about Western education? We got much of that knowledge and more in African education..btw Western education in Africa was pioneered by colonialism not religion...all this cms grammar school nd the rest were not religiously motivated, go read up on it.
Christianity put science back so drastically in the dark ages...why do u think the time of imperialism of the church is called the DARK AGES? Why the movements of free thinkers against religion became known as ENLIGHTENMENT? Have u asked ur useless pastor why?
Seriously now..Christianity gave Africans clothing? grin grin this guys case is worse than I thought..chai! Ur pastor has fried ur brain
You mean u don't know the slightest thing of African history? Too bad

This accusations of killing twins is old already..why not just prove it and shame me?
You keep embarrassing urself with this lies

Pagans aren't holding Africa back, we created empires and Great Kingdoms here...ones which caucasians marvelled at nd sought us to trade with and teach them
Africa's destruction came at the advent of christianity. Our Kingdoms scattered, empires fell all because of religion especially christianity, at least we had Mali, Morocco and Songhai strived for a while with large numbers of Muslim natives but christianity came only to destroy what Islam didn't finish

I am not primitive, I am so much more than a moronic slave like you.

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by omonnakoda: 3:10am On Jan 23, 2015
Rossikk:

Where is the evidence?

excerpt

http://www.alternet.org/belief/5-reasons-suspect-jesus-never-existed

In the words of Bart Ehrman (who himself believes the stories were built on a historical kernel):

“What sorts of things do pagan authors from the time of Jesus have to say about him? Nothing. As odd as it may seem, there is no mention of Jesus at all by any of his pagan contemporaries. There are no birth records, no trial transcripts, no death certificates; there are no expressions of interest, no heated slanders, no passing references – nothing. In fact, if we broaden our field of concern to the years after his death – even if we include the entire first century of the Common Era – there is not so much as a solitary reference to Jesus in any non-Christian, non-Jewish source of any kind. I should stress that we do have a large number of documents from the time – the writings of poets, philosophers, historians, scientists, and government officials, for example, not to mention the large collection of surviving inscriptions on stone and private letters and legal documents on papyrus. In none of this vast array of surviving writings is Jesus’ name ever so much as mentioned.” (pp. 56-57)
Like I said before "evidence" does not mean proof but data and does not have to be convincing. Also the fact that I say there is evidence does not mean I believe the "evidence" so first of all let us be clear on what that word means.

I also mentioned that the subject has been debated in the so-called historicity of Jesus so if you are looking for evidence that would be the basis to begin your search. There are actually accounts in non biblical sources within 100 years of a person called Jesus and his crucifixion. I am afraid you will have to search these out yourself.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by fuckerholic(m): 7:01am On Jan 23, 2015
macof:

All this bullpoo in one post
Now where do I start with all this ignorance?
You religious parasites and ur complete lack of knowledge. All u posted here are caucasian lies from the deepest pits of hell, that u moronic slaves believe over ur own people
I never told u I have a religion did I?
Christianity brought education Damn! You best seek christianity for better education cus only a slowpoke would utter such. Do u even know what education is? Ur brain is so puny...this is why christianity is bad for kids...it shrinks their intellectual capacity nd turns them to morons.
We Africans have had education from the very first point of our humanity...if anything pagans gave Christians education.
Then if you mean western education...wats so special about Western education? We got much of that knowledge and more in African education..btw Western education in Africa was pioneered by colonialism not religion...all this cms grammar school nd the rest were not religiously motivated, go read up on it.
Christianity put science back so drastically in the dark ages...why do u think the time of imperialism of the church is called the DARK AGES? Why the movements of free thinkers against religion became known as ENLIGHTENMENT? Have u asked ur useless pastor why?
Seriously now..Christianity gave Africans clothing? grin grin this guys case is worse than I thought..chai! Ur pastor has fried ur brain
You mean u don't know the slightest thing of African history? Too bad

This accusations of killing twins is old already..why not just prove it and shame me?
You keep embarrassing urself with this lies

Pagans aren't holding Africa back, we created empires and Great Kingdoms here...ones which caucasians marvelled at nd sought us to trade with and teach them
Africa's destruction came at the advent of christianity. Our Kingdoms scattered, empires fell all because of religion especially christianity, at least we had Mali, Morocco and Songhai strived for a while with large numbers of Muslim natives but christianity came only to destroy what Islam didn't finish

I am not primitive, I am so much more than a moronic slave like you.

Continue spewing trash..how many of your forefathaers can write and speak like you ? Just go thank God if you bilieve in him for coming into this era.you are now allying with moslems bc of their relative nature to yours and now attribute education and civilization to your traditional dark age,your psyche is so messed up..you need help !
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by stinggy(m): 11:03am On Jan 23, 2015
fuckerholic:

Continue spewing trash..how many of your forefathaers can write and speak like you ? Just go thank God if you bilieve in him for coming into this era.you are now allying with moslems bc of their relative nature to yours and now attribute education and civilization to your traditional dark age,your psyche is so messed up..you need help !

And how many early christians speak/write english like he did too?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by dajoaneke(m): 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Madman.
Ignoramus
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 2:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
fuckerholic:

Pagans invented all Alphabets and languages, the Latin alphabet you use today was first used by pagans
So you should be grateful to the Gods that you can write and speak..not some illiterate dead jew called Jesus

Bleep you and ur accusations... Muslims are jst as moronic as Christians but at least they don't engage in hypocrisy as often as dead jew worshipers

There's no such thing as "traditional dark age" the only known dark age is attributed to christianity...why don't u pick up a book nd read?

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
dajoaneke:

Ignoramus
you are the real ignoramus. all these words you use against people...yet u don't even know what it means
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by dajoaneke(m): 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
macof:
you are the real ignoramus. all these words you use against people...yet u don't even know what it means

Yimu! Goat face!
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
dajoaneke:

Ignoramus

Nincompoop
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
dajoaneke:

Yimu! Goat face!

Id.iot face.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by fuckerholic(m): 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
macof:

Pagans invented all Alphabets and languages, the Latin alphabet you use today was first used by pagans
So you should be grateful to the Gods that you can write and speak..not some illiterate dead jew called Jesus

Bleep you and ur accusations... Muslims are jst as moronic as Christians but at least they don't engage in hypocrisy as often as dead jew worshipers

There's no such thing as "traditional dark age" the only known dark age is attributed to christianity...why don't u pick up a book nd read?

Fetish people..may that jesus name you are ridiluling mess with your career and life..amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anglican Church Members Protest Against Their Bishop In Delta For Looting (Pics) / Satanic Suggestions While Serving God / Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.