Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity (21637 Views)

No Christianity, No Nigeria / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. / Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Profdolaisawiz: 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
iamord:
take me to the future
Are you sure you're up for it? I could tell you what the future holds to save you the stress of time-travelling.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by BabaZehd(m): 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:
It's laughable how the pagans, or whatever they beliefs are are so quick to oppose Christianity because it's the only religion that preach against their immoral nature. They are so ignorant. They believe in Greek imaginary god called zeus but quick to spit rubbish at Christians. Isn't that funny. They defend every other imaginary gods that people worship just to talk down on Christians. Look inward, it says alot about who you really are.
mind u ,de pre-christian African society had well stipulated morals and code of conducts...we were not barbaric ... though we may have our flaws,so also do de flaws of the whiteman's religion abound... the whiteman stopped us from certain ills ,yet,dey brought about many more ills... like exploiting de brother and sister in Christ in de very name of Christ... no one religion is perfect... learn from all of them and u'll bcm wholly....

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by erictoonice: 1:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Honestly i will say that the many replies we get from the Christians here are utterly disappointing and unintelligent.. .
Have heard many say the white brought education and civilization here, oh that is correct they brought their OWN education and taught us to ignore ours.
I am an igbo and i was suprised when i did many research about my tribe and found high rate of intelligence For intance the ancient igbos had knowledge in music, medicine, biology, geography, astronomy and suprisingly have their own mathematics...
the igbos accurately divided the year into 365 days thousands of years before the julian and gregorian calendar was brougth to us.
the days are divided into 4days in a week (eke, orie, afor and nkwor)
then 7weeks in one moon (month)
then 13months in one year and then a 1day added to it and gives you precisely 365 days...am sure most igbos here dont know this.
Before the missionaries came to africa, the african society was diverse, culturally rich, beautiful, morally stable. we had our own unique mythology and religion, our own gods and ways of worship.
We had unique knowledge and relationship with nature and the world and our religion taught universal goodness.nobody ever thought or said the world will rapture or get destroyed, their deep love for mother nature was unmatched...
Then the white men came; they did many magical things, they can kill you just by pointing a stick at you(Gun), they did many wondrous things that were new and strange to us...Then the inferior feelings set it, we saw our selves as the inferior beings, we started listening to them.
They taught us our gods are demons but the one they brought is the real universal god, they threatened us with hell fire and the world's ending... We blindly believed them, they branded our ways demonic endorsed theirs, We fell for it....I am still wondering how the africa gods which are supposedly the evil and dark ones never threatened anybody with eternal fire or damnation or ever threatening to destroy the whole earth, but the one they brought who they claim to be love and just does that and is proud of it...Please who is fooling who
we blindly abondoned our ways and embraced his, now we are lost in his confusion, our own ways are now strange to us...
When are we going to say enough and take back our lives...
Beautiful african utopia is now in darkness claiming to be in the light..
we are blind, blinded by our own ignorance and vainful vanity...
AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE, JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT...

U're a wise man bro

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by onoja12: 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
i ask who is carnally minded,me who believes in the ideology of community or you who believes in the ideology of self

zyzxx:
grin grin u are canally minded

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by iamord(m): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
Profdolaisawiz:
Are you sure you're up for it? I could tell you what the future holds to save you the stress of time-travelling.
take me to the FUTURE.. Btw what does it hold
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Profdolaisawiz: 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
iamord:
take me to the FUTURE.. Btw what does it hold
A bottle of beer in one hand,a packet of cigarettes in the other. grin
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
onoja12:
i ask who is carnally minded,me who believes in the ideology of community or you who believes in the ideology of self

you are own ur own sir
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by iamord(m): 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
softysparky:

No joooor, even now some pagans are mixing all kinds of deadly concoctions and committing atrocities just like same way we have the bad eggs among the Christians.
no doubt About that. U make so much sense

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by onoja12: 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
Wrong i have alot and a high number of people who are beginning to think for themselves outside the box of knowledge the slave master put in you

zyzxx:
you are own ur own sir

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by johnydon22(m): 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
erictoonice:

U're a wise man bro
Thanks brother!!!
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
DuchessLily:
hmmmmm....u so sound like an Atheist.
#no offence

I don't think there's anything offensive about being called an atheist
But I am not
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
Nimen:

nations were better off before christianity? So you can seriously tell me that the world was better then than now? Guy you seriously need to be checked

I ask a question first...answer me
How has christianity solved our problems and made humanity better off?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Frazercrib(m): 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
macof:

I don't think there's anything offensive about being called an atheist
But I am not
So tell me sir (not being rude)
Who or what exactly do you believe in?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
olivegirl:

Your God my God was or is in existence, but he look for a way to harmonised us. He started by sending different prophets. Then sent us human spirit jesus. Asking us to behave like jesus. That is no matter what I feel aboutt my village god, it cannot be popular. We don't need blood of animal. All we need is making my body a living sacrifice(positive acts) all the time. Jesus teachings is the same law of government. Embrace his teaching . If you give ceaser, you have given God

ur Jesus has nothing to do with me as an African, even his brethren in the middle east swear him to be false..why then should an African take a jew who lived his own life as he wanted as his god?

Surely if Jesus was spirit sent to the whole world, he should have made international.news in his time on earth
He should have been known in my village, it shouldn't have taken caucasian traders and explorers to first find us deep in Africa, Jesus should have done that himself 2000yrs ago, it shouldn't have taken about 1500years for us to know our so called saviour. Damn! nowhere in Africa was a spiritual saviour from the middle east ever needed.
Your Jesus is a lie, best you realize that soon

We don't need blood of animal?? How ironic you belief we need Jesus blood yet this Jesus was biologically an animal...(humans are animals of the primate family)

I have nothing against ur Jesus teachings but then bleep him, bleep his teachings. we don't need him because we have many teachings of our own...it's silly dumping our own knowledge for some Jewish fantasy sold to us for the price of our mental nd intellectual independence

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 3:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
bodi01:
There have never been a time Christianity has not be known. It has been from the foundation of the world. Every other god came thereafter. In the old and now people still worship these gods but Christianity still standout. In solving problems God Almighty is the best solution because He made everything.

Isaiah 31:1

Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!
Lmao christianity at the foundation of the world?! Where do u place judaism that was evolved into christianity by Romans?
Where do u put canaanite polytheism where Yahweh was first worshipped as Lord of caves, mountains and high places?

Where's do u put African spiritual standards? Being that mother Africa is the oldest inhabited land area

That verse u quoted is borne out of racism, the Jews were and still are bleeping racists...they hate on anything non-jew.
History confirms that Egypt was the site for solution to all problems for those in the Mediterranean...who knows the holy one of Israel?

4 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
iamord:
am boiling as I read all the bs..
grin abeg no boil o

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:
It's laughable how the pagans, or whatever they beliefs are are so quick to oppose Christianity because it's the only religion that preach against their immoral nature. They are so ignorant. They believe in Greek imaginary god called zeus but quick to spit rubbish at Christians. Isn't that funny. They defend every other imaginary gods that people worship just to talk down on Christians. Look inward, it says alot about who you really are.

Wat immoral nature? Pls state them all

But first lemme tell u Pagans are the most moral and law abiding of all people. They follow the laws of the land as these laws are traditions themselves

Oh! Zeus is imaginary, I won't argue that but then tell us how factual is ur god?

4 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:
yes because we believe in the bible as the Word of God and not attempts by those who hate the faith. I'm really sure you believed that when you read it, of course that's because it's condemning Christianity. You don't care how true and valid it is. It's typical of your type so we ain't surprise

In other words you close ur mind to knowledge and reality. You prefer lies nd fraud than truth and clarity which only knowledge provides
Typical of a Christian scum

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:
How can one support gods that demand sacrificing of twins? Wasn't that sheer ignorance?

can you tell us the Gods that demand twins from you? Tell us it's name and what it uses then twins for

You are the ignorant one here, scum speaking of what he knows nothing about, go tell ur useless pastor to stop lying to you just to get u to keep feeding him nd his family with ur tithe and offering

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:

wow! I'm shocked by your response, twins were never killed? In your sentimental mind my friend. How did black magic originate? How did voodoo (juju, witchcraft )originate? Isn't it from your traditional religion practices? Or are you blind?

Tell us where twins were killed and which god demanded their death
You keep talking of killing twins as if you know anything of such...go ask ur idiotic caucasian masters who peddled such lies to tell u the gods that requested for twins

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:

Ofcos Christian doctrines and Fela Kutilifestyle - craves for women were on a parallel lines just like homosexuals today, they hate christianity simply because it doesn't accept their disgusting lifestyle

Fela carves for women...like ur father didn't crave for your mother
How dumb can you get?

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by iamord(m): 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
macof:

grin abeg no boil o
oga I dey boil cos its not something to be happy about, when you have the foresight to see the future of africa if we continue this way. And then look at this people wallowing in ignorance

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:
at some point people will have to introduce people to new things, don't be ridiculous, the same white people also ensure that you are educated today, that you don't kill your twins. Christianity stopped you from killing your twins, killing those who unmask a masquerade and many other atrocities. Be reasonable for once.

Really? You owe caucasians ur intellectuality? Well u are lowly intellectual...it doesn't surprise me

Christianity stopped nothing, killing of twins in Africa is as exaggerated as Jesus being saviour of the world...all lies by coning missionaries
Tell us about killing of twins in Africa let's see what you know about it and how true the tale is
You seek to compare us to barbaric Europeans who killed children on claims of witchcraft nd burnt the young bright futured on the stake all out of some religious superstition

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by rman: 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Honestly i will say that the many replies we get from the Christians here are utterly disappointing and unintelligent.. .
Have heard many say the white brought education and civilization here, oh that is correct they brought their OWN education and taught us to ignore ours.
I am an igbo and i was suprised when i did many research about my tribe and found high rate of intelligence For intance the ancient igbos had knowledge in music, medicine, biology, geography, astronomy and suprisingly have their own mathematics...
the igbos accurately divided the year into 365 days thousands of years before the julian and gregorian calendar was brougth to us.
the days are divided into 4days in a week (eke, orie, afor and nkwor)
then 7weeks in one moon (month)
then 13months in one year and then a 1day added to it and gives you precisely 365 days...am sure most igbos here dont know this.
Before the missionaries came to africa, the african society was diverse, culturally rich, beautiful, morally stable. we had our own unique mythology and religion, our own gods and ways of worship.
We had unique knowledge and relationship with nature and the world and our religion taught universal goodness.nobody ever thought or said the world will rapture or get destroyed, their deep love for mother nature was unmatched...
Then the white men came; they did many magical things, they can kill you just by pointing a stick at you(Gun), they did many wondrous things that were new and strange to us...Then the inferior feelings set it, we saw our selves as the inferior beings, we started listening to them.
They taught us our gods are demons but the one they brought is the real universal god, they threatened us with hell fire and the world's ending... We blindly believed them, they branded our ways demonic endorsed theirs, We fell for it....I am still wondering how the africa gods which are supposedly the evil and dark ones never threatened anybody with eternal fire or damnation or ever threatening to destroy the whole earth, but the one they brought who they claim to be love and just does that and is proud of it...Please who is fooling who
we blindly abondoned our ways and embraced his, now we are lost in his confusion, our own ways are now strange to us...
When are we going to say enough and take back our lives...
Beautiful african utopia is now in darkness claiming to be in the light..
we are blind, blinded by our own ignorance and vainful vanity...
AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE, JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT...

Brilliant! 1,000,000 like!!!

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by iamord(m): 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
macof:

In other words you close ur mind to knowledge and reality. You prefer lies nd fraud than truth and clarity which only knowledge provides
Typical of a Christian scum
I posted something directed @ people that point fingers at other beliefs , feeling theirs is. Perfect, I don't know why they have been passing it
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by duruallwell25(m): 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
Religion as introduced to africans by the colonialists has only done two things
1. Turned the Bible reading fellows into Hypocrites
2. Turned the Koran reading fellows into extremists
The resultant effects of the hypocrisy and extremism are hatred, and disunity amongst the people. Back to the topic, before the advent of religion not just Christianity to dis part of the world, our tradition was potent. Our culture was rich and vibrant and very well practiced and these solved many of our problems ranging from physical disputes to spiritual problems. Religion (Christianity and Islamism) is just a distraction from our rich culture, a tool d colonialists has used to label our african practices as demonic, fetish, and discouraged us from practicing it yet they came here and carted away all our oracles and deities for their own benefits having realised its potency. Those days wen we practiced our tradition, there was love, peace, security and fear of destroying lives and property unlike today where amidst Religious indoctrinations there is no regard for life. Neither Christianity nor Islamism has helped d Nigerian situation. Political office holders swear with the bible and Koran yet they still steal and kill the citizens and gullible religious bigots say God is merciful instead of admitting that the so called holy books are just menu lists, they have no potency unlike d oracles that are incorruptible. I challenge all political office holders to swear with Ogun, Okija, Amadioha, etc and see if they won't govern us with their conscience. Religion and its practices is the bane of all our problems.

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
AJOT99:
Their spiritual problems were not really solved. It was like removing malaria and introducing cancer. Thank God for Jesus!

Can you give instances where problems were never solved..cus as I Yoruba I can tell you the only problem traditional unsolved was Sickle cell and small pox which caucasians can't solve either but we Africans find ways of prevention
Nothing like cancer in our time, I can say cancer came with christianity

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
otykay:

if they did, y do we experience more family inherited probs?

Like which? State the family inherited problems you have
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
Frazercrib:

So tell me sir (not being rude)
Who or what exactly do you believe in?
I believe in myself, I am African, and so I believe in all things African

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
Nimen:

nations were better off before christianity? So you can seriously tell me that the world was better then than now? Guy you seriously need to be checked

Yes am serious. Christianity is bad for humanity and mother earth at large

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 5:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
zyzxx:
can u establish any current fact about christian?
Fraud, lies, blackmail, threats, laziness(both mentality and physically), disunity, hatred, utter idiocy...jst to mention a few

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by macof(m): 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
zyzxx:
grin grin u are canally minded
Do u even know what that means?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome’s Theory Of Alcoholism And Smoking / The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music / Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.