Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity (21571 Views)

No Christianity, No Nigeria / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. / Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 9:37am On Jan 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
Delusional.
God will save u amen.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 9:39am On Jan 21, 2015
onoja12:
Look around you today and does days which is there more light?

grin grin u are canally minded
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by DuchessLily(f): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2015
macof:

Excuse me! Small Gods you say?. Yet these Gods protected our ancestors, kept our lands free from disasters, enabled us build empires, graced us with intelligence and skills to overcome life's huddles, healed us etc.

Surely ur God, Jehovah must be the small ones
hmmmmm....u so sound like an Atheist.
#no offence
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by johnydon22(m): 9:45am On Jan 21, 2015
iamord:
mental slaves! Their treasure is in heaven! That's why their earthly abode is an eyesore. Am surprised at the level of. Stupidity a lot of them showcase up here with confidence..
It baffles me and pains me why people tend to love the unknown and ignore the known. . . Heaven is unknown and so is hell; they all believe cus someone said or an ancient book said. . . Only earth is real out of all this, earth is the only reality that is truer than true. .it saddens me when people ignore the known (earth) even expecting it to get raptured or destroyed(christians), some even blowing it up themselves (muslims) because they put their hopes in the unknow (heaven) and fear their own myth (hell)...
My only concern is the well being of this earth and these religious beliefs is a whole big threat to mother earth...
People should learn to love and preserve the known
look upon the earth and everything in it with love and care
Earth is beautiful
Earth is wonderful
Humanity is wonderfully beautiful
They do not deserve to be raptured or destroyed
neither will they be
Let ua together rebuild this world that our children may share in the days of peace...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by omonnakoda: 9:48am On Jan 21, 2015
DuchessLily:
#no offence
It is easier to label a person than debate them that way you do not have to use your brain. Just find a label that suits and apply it . Obote Man,Radical,Boko Haram ,PDP man,APC man ,vegetarian, cultist ,Ibo,lesbian etc . Once you find the right label that is it end of discussion you have won!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2015
softysparky:

I think the reason some people embrace religion is to extend or escape the punishment for their sins and misdeeds because we were told that our God is a merciful God, people now use that as an excuse to commit all kinds of atrocities and confess to pastor later but during the days of our grandfathers, people are being punished for their sins by their gods immediately.

If not that some evil people misused the power, I kina prefer our traditional religion.

No one.misused nothing. It juat declined due to missionary brainwashing.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:00am On Jan 21, 2015
DuchessLily:
#no offence

Hes a Pagan madame. Know the differrence.

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 21, 2015
zyzxx:
am very very sorry
Accept jesus today before it to late

You don't seem to know what you are saying. Learn to ignore your religious leaders, I wish boko haram did.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by rman: 10:02am On Jan 21, 2015
zyzxx:
Some1 did, and I discover God also

You discovered God? Whao! Truly amazing how far some of you go to look.......
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 10:02am On Jan 21, 2015
ifeness:

You don't seem to know what you are saying. Learn to ignore your religious leaders, I wish boko haram did.
how I wish d truth can set u free.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 10:05am On Jan 21, 2015
rman:

You discovered God? Whao! Truly amazing how far some of you go to look.......
God will help u amen
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 21, 2015
zyzxx:
how I wish d truth can set u free.

You don't sound like you have a brain to phantom what truth is. You are nothing but the bipolar book you read.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 10:10am On Jan 21, 2015
ifeness:

You don't sound like you have a brain to phantom what truth is. You are nothing but the bipolar book you read.
tanks so much.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by johnydon22(m): 10:18am On Jan 21, 2015
Honestly i will say that the many replies we get from the Christians here are utterly disappointing and unintelligent.. .
Have heard many say the white brought education and civilization here, oh that is correct they brought their OWN education and taught us to ignore ours.
I am an igbo and i was suprised when i did many research about my tribe and found high rate of intelligence For intance the ancient igbos had knowledge in music, medicine, biology, geography, astronomy and suprisingly have their own mathematics...
the igbos accurately divided the year into 365 days thousands of years before the julian and gregorian calendar was brougth to us.
the days are divided into 4days in a week (eke, orie, afor and nkwor)
then 7weeks in one moon (month)
then 13months in one year and then a 1day added to it and gives you precisely 365 days...am sure most igbos here dont know this.
Before the missionaries came to africa, the african society was diverse, culturally rich, beautiful, morally stable. we had our own unique mythology and religion, our own gods and ways of worship.
We had unique knowledge and relationship with nature and the world and our religion taught universal goodness.nobody ever thought or said the world will rapture or get destroyed, their deep love for mother nature was unmatched...
Then the white men came; they did many magical things, they can kill you just by pointing a stick at you(Gun), they did many wondrous things that were new and strange to us...Then the inferior feelings set it, we saw our selves as the inferior beings, we started listening to them.
They taught us our gods are demons but the one they brought is the real universal god, they threatened us with hell fire and the world's ending... We blindly believed them, they branded our ways demonic endorsed theirs, We fell for it....I am still wondering how the africa gods which are supposedly the evil and dark ones never threatened anybody with eternal fire or damnation or ever threatening to destroy the whole earth, but the one they brought who they claim to be love and just does that and is proud of it...Please who is fooling who
we blindly abondoned our ways and embraced his, now we are lost in his confusion, our own ways are now strange to us...
When are we going to say enough and take back our lives...
Beautiful african utopia is now in darkness claiming to be in the light..
we are blind, blinded by our own ignorance and vainful vanity...
AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE, JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 21, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

No one.misused nothing. It juat declined due to missionary brainwashing.
No joooor, even now some pagans are mixing all kinds of deadly concoctions and committing atrocities just like same way we have the bad eggs among the Christians.

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by iamord(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2015
zyzxx:
am very very sorry
Accept jesus today before it to late
what. U have shown here is that you do not have love for him.. But the fear of hell is of more concern , hypocrite! Don't let hell catch You unawares like april fl cos you are lost.

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 10:43am On Jan 21, 2015
iamord:
what. U have shown here is that you do not have love for him.. But the fear of hell is of more concern , hypocrite! Don't let hell catch You unawares like april fl cos you are lost.
grin grin
Dis foul assumption, hell ko? Bell ni
Am enjoying my God here on earth and it will last for eternity

Btw U don't need to reach heaven b4 u knw d truth?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by sanali(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2015
buccunmie:

"" Muslim and boko haram" that's the only thing you pick on that, gay.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by tiergodson: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2015
cloudyskyglind:
Read this provocative truth.
Even the respected Chinua Achebe could not convincingly defend the so called damages caused by the advent of the British in Things Fall Apart. He was clearly against them bringing Christianity to Nigeria but failed to clearly defend the Igbo traditional religion. I however comend his professionalism for making a great book not letting sentiments becloud his rational thinking.

what makes this true?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Profdolaisawiz: 11:20am On Jan 21, 2015
I've got a time machine smiley It's only a one-way trip though.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by iamord(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2015
Profdolaisawiz:
I've got a time machine smiley It's only a one-way trip though.
take me to the future
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Abrahamweb(m): 11:45am On Jan 21, 2015
zyzxx:
bro u can't find perfect thing in all d gods u mention, dey lack peace, and dey all av only one hope wich is dis world. Dat there limitation.
But christian God. Is d alpha and omega, the only perfect God, the unchangeable changer, the eternity God.
Mention it, God of peace, God of all possbilty.
No 1 can be compare to him.
Gerrit sir?
They lack peace?
Have you any idea what was done in the name of christianity?
Please go and read about the Great crusade,then you'll know that christianity is as monstrous than any other religion on the planet.

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Abrahamweb(m): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2015
buccunmie:

According to religious ethic, some problems are solved while some end up resurfacing after a while. d bottom line is dat, devil can't give you a gift without collecting something else from you. dia must be an exchange.
And jehova will give you gift + peace?
How about job,samson,solomon.
Don't deceive yourself,they got gift and paid for it in full.

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Abrahamweb(m): 11:49am On Jan 21, 2015
davien:
Atleast we didn't kill each other that much before those foreign abrahamic religions came
You just read bible,then forget to read history!
Read the chronicle after the death of Christ.
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by zyzxx(m): 11:56am On Jan 21, 2015
Abrahamweb:

They lack peace?
Have you any idea what was done in the name of christianity?
Please go and read about the Great crusade,then you'll know that christianity is as monstrous than any other religion on the planet.
can u establish any current fact about christian?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Onyiibazz: 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
johnydon22:

Please bro how is all these things you mentioned here different from the attributes of the old testament yahweh? Human sacrifice (almost used isaac, jesophaths daughter, and even his own son jesus) animal sacrifice and ethnical cleansing, infanticides... why dont you start condemning from here... This is one thing with religion. everybody so quick to point out the flaws in others but ignore that same flaw existing within their own order, i think somehow they think theirs is different...

Such wisdom! Good to know that ppl are beginning to note the fakeness of the christian god and christianity itself!

2 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Abrahamweb(m): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
bodi01:
There have never been a time Christianity has not be known. It has been from the foundation of the world. Every other god came thereafter. In the old and now people still worship these gods but Christianity still standout. In solving problems God Almighty is the best solution because He made everything.

Isaiah 31:1

Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!
So says the Holy Bible?
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
softysparky:

No joooor, even now some pagans are mixing all kinds of deadly concoctions and committing atrocities just like same way we have the bad eggs among the Christians.

Very rare. Im yet to see a proper example. Most of these ppl r just ritualists making business.

The priest is just for guidance. You can set up your own shrine at home for daily purposes. Where you can conduct daily prayers or rituals. Why not do that?

1 Like

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Abrahamweb(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
softysparky:

I don't really have an idea regarding the question but to be honest, the little I have known,seen and learnt from my grandfather then made me believe that their gods answered and provided for them during their time. He was a pagan but believe me, I have never seen an upright, honest and man of good morals like him.

He said things started falling apart when the chief priests out of their own selfish interest misused the power been given to them and lie to their worshippers just like our pastors do now.
ATR are the most honest people.

3 Likes

Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by BabaZehd(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
Fabrications, claims and counter claims... God is 1... any effort to breed a distinction generate confusion... Isaiah 45:5-7... one god doeth good and evil... Satan,Yahweh,Amadiora n so on is but One Spirit viewed from diverse dimensions... de way de worshipper view his God determine how ds God will work for/with him... don't get it twisted,the Lord our God is One!!! No one way is de only way to spiritual unfoldment... just like in physical existence... a location may have diverse routes to that very location,yet,all these paths lead to the same location... to say dat one religion is absolute and ultimate is pure Fallacy... which ever means/way dat seemeth right for thee to commune with de beyond,abide by it... Religion is made for man and not Man for Religion... religion is meant to meet de requirements of man and not vice versa.. he dat comprehend ds truth,is forever liberated from the shackles of religious slavery and prejudice... One love One heart One understanding... One God... "Chineke anyi,Amadiorah bu Otu"... Udo !
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by BabaZehd(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
Fabrications, claims and counter claims... God is 1... any effort to breed a distinction generate confusion... Isaiah 45:5-7... one god doeth good and evil... Satan,Yahweh,Amadiora n so on is but One Spirit viewed from diverse dimensions... de way de worshipper view his God determine how ds God will work for/with him... don't get it twisted,the Lord our God is One!!! No one way is de only way to spiritual unfoldment... just like in physical existence... a location may have diverse routes to that very location,yet,all these paths lead to the same location... to say dat one religion is absolute and ultimate is pure Fallacy... which ever means/way dat seemeth right for thee to commune with de beyond,abide by it... Religion is made for man and not Man for Religion... religion is meant to meet de requirements of man and not vice versa.. he dat comprehend ds truth,is forever liberated from the shackles of religious slavery and prejudice... One love One heart One understanding... One God... "Chineke anyi,Amadiorah bu Otu"... Udo !!!
Re: How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
Abrahamweb:

ATR are the most honest people.
What's ATR please?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wife, Folu, On Her 73rd Birthday (Photos, Video) / Difference Between Christmas And Xmas / Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.