Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business (200846 Views)

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy / Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication / Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by condi1704(m): 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
Well done for the good work. please which herbicide can be used to combat weeds in plantain farm that will last longer. And how often can it be applied because Iweed has been a major problem for me and cost of manual labour is high. I have tried paraquat but the plantation get bushy 2 weeks or less after application. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
condi1704:
Well done for the good work. please which herbicide can be used to combat weeds in plantain farm that will last longer. And how often can it be applied because Iweed has been a major problem for me and cost of manual labour is high. I have tried paraquat but the plantation get bushy 2 weeks or less after application. Thanks.
Ok.
Paraquat is only active and kill weeds within 12 hours after application and therefore within 1 week new weeds have started growing and regenerating.
The only solution is to use slow acting herbicides like the gramozone or glyphosate but Note that these herbicides can take 2weeks before weeds die off and make sure it does not get in.contact with the plantain.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by INFOTECH2: 8:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
I also set-up and manage farm plantation for farmers and intending farmers.
You can Contact me through my email and phone details

#Looking forward to a profitable season

I came across an article that says boiling of Plantain Suckers for 30 seconds will kill nematodes in the transplanted suckers.

Have you tried this process before?

The link is below. (IITA)

http://r4dreview.org/2011/04/a-hot-bath-for-the-suckers/

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
INFOTECH2:

I came across an article that says boiling of Plantain Suckers for 30 seconds will kill nematodes in the transplanted suckers.

Have you tried this process before?

The link is below. (IITA)

http://r4dreview.org/2011/04/a-hot-bath-for-the-suckers/

Yes,rightly stated.
I will explain more better in my tissue cultured thread.
please stay connected
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Johnnyessence(m): 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
thank you bro lesgupnigeria for ur undiluted message here I really appreciate it well done sir,keep on d good work.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Johnnyessence(m): 11:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
ANOTHER HIDDEN INFORMATION ABOUT PLANTAIN

To get a good bigger bunch,you need to do THINNING

Some farmers produces small bunch of plantain.because they do not practise thinning.
When your plantain tree is about bringing out fruit, you should remove some suckers and leave one or two suckers that will replace the mother plant.
If you dont do that, there will be competition of suckers for food,nutrients,and the mother plant will not be able to access nutrient to produce big fruits.
I hope this help intending and established plantain farmers
waoooooo nice advice av experienced it it happens to one of d local suckers .well done coach I celebrate u sir for ur advice and info.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:17am On Feb 18, 2015
Do plantain...it is less risky and profitable

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
How do.you get contact of buyers for your produce?
stay connected to my marketing threads for answers later today.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
Johnnyessence:
thank you bro lesgupnigeria for ur undiluted message here I really appreciate it well done sir,keep on d good work.
Thank you sir.God bless you.
..Stay connected to this thread for more
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
Do agric...the surest way to create wealth
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
padreinc:
Hello sirs I am from benue state and I am a student of agricultural extension and communication. And I will love to go into plantain this year. Pls I want to know if I could plant in my state and yield good products
Yes you can cultivate in your state.
Where in benue state do you want to site the plantain farm?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
Do agric...create wealth
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by condi1704(m): 2:45am On Feb 19, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

Ok.
Paraquat is only active and kill weeds within 12 hours after application and therefore within 1 week new weeds have started growing and regenerating.
The only solution is to use slow acting herbicides like the gramozone or glyphosate but Note that these herbicides can take 2weeks before weeds die off and make sure it does not get in.contact with the plantain.
glyphosphates can stay in soil for some period. won't it affect the plantain if rain wash the chemical to plantain base. please expanciate. thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:34am On Feb 19, 2015
condi1704:
glyphosphates can stay in soil for some period. won't it affect the plantain if rain wash the chemical to plantain base. please expanciate. thanks.
Glyphosate will only kill the plantain if it touches the leaves.
After apllication,it kills weeds and the weeds that are yet to come up.
It cannot kill the plantain even if washes by the rain except you allow it to touch the leaves during application.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:33pm On Feb 19, 2015
I once ask myself 'why would i not want to invest in an agribusiness that will generate good cash flow for me year in,year out"
Plantain farming business will giarantee sustain cashflow for decades.
Do plantain farming business...its less risky and very profitable.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2015
Watch out for more hidden truth on plantain farm.
....Stay connected

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
Some people unfortunately find they spend too much time gathering information on how to succeed. When people do this too much, they can struggle with what is known as information overload. When you have too much information, you can suffer from paralysis by analysis and all of the research you have done can actually hurt instead of help.
Nothing is as powerful as TAKING ACTION on the ones you know and GETTING STARTED.

This is the time to acquire your land and start land clearing in preparation for the season.
Contact me today.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:06pm On Feb 19, 2015
Do and Invest in agribusiness....it pays
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:04am On Feb 20, 2015
Watch out for my new articles on how to invest in agricultural business.
most people dont know how to,it promises to be impactful
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:15am On Feb 20, 2015
Do not be like the local farmers that are more into production and no knowledge about how and where to sell their produce.
...Know your markets.

Or you can leverage on my network of buyers by helping you to set up your farm.
By setting your farm for you, you will have access to free consultancy and my network of buyers ( can.be assured of ready made buyers for your produce )
No management fee but only 20% of the after-sale profit will be charge.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
With experience professional by your side, you will be glad that you venture into agribusiness this season.
Land clearing should have started by now
Start early to be able to reap good profit.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
Agricbusiness is the way forward....Take.massive action today to.enjoy the prosperity agriculture presents in this country.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
Agricbusiness is the way
forward....Take.massive action today to.enjoy
the prosperity agriculture presents in this
country.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
You can never get it wrong in plantain.
Do plantain farming business.

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Mustack: 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
waoh
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
Mustack:
waoh
thanks for checking by
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Hardeyholla: 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
Good work GM, land clearing on the run
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by dotmoth4life: 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
ARE FARMERS RICH?
Can Agricultural Business or farm work Alone make you wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga

If you go into agriculture from the scratch with little capital as will have said, in NIGERIA? You would even be struggling to pay your bills talk less of living above average, talk less of becoming a millionnaire and talk less of being a Dangote and Adenuga, Who told u those 2 guys are farmers in the 1st place?
You will be making common mistakes if you call Dangote a farmer, Dangote is an Agri-businessman not a farmer.... to view know my opinion on this Question... visit the link below www.myagricworld.com ..
i render consultancy service for any intend agribusiness. mainly AGRONOMY..no livestock I also help my client prepare a comprehensive feasibility study on their intend project.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:54am On Feb 21, 2015
The window of opportunity to make money is about to close,
The earlier you start,the better the chance of getting a good market price for your produce.
By now you should have acquire your land in preparation for land clearing.
Get in touch with me to help you secure your land,so you can start land clearing on time for a profitable season.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:46am On Feb 21, 2015
Do agric...it pays
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
The ability to learn only from successful farmers will take you far in agribusiness.
Expand your capacity and knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (62) (Reply)

Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.