Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,822 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business (200869 Views)

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy / Learn About Plantain Macro-propergation tissue Culture Suckers Multiplication / Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
Regular inspection,monitoring and supervision is important in plantain cultivation or else your farm may not be well managed by your workers.

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
Creating wealth and making money are two different things.
When you dont have to worry about money anymore when you need it,then you are wealthy
wealth is having asset that can be easily turned into money at any time.

Start Creating your wealth by starting your plantain farm

Your asset (plantain farm) can be easily turned into cash year in,year out for decades.

...Create wealth
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by TAJIBADE: 11:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

i will check it and get back to you.

Hoping to hear from you soon
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by oka4nuel(m): 12:46am On Feb 03, 2015
Good evening sir,
How do i contact you, am interested in this venture
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:44am On Feb 03, 2015
oka4nuel:
Good evening sir,
How do i contact you, am interested in this venture
My number are 08164628081,07092034147 or yusuffgbenga@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:04am On Feb 03, 2015
Do agric...create wealth.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:29am On Feb 03, 2015
Start your plantain farm this season.
You will be glad you did.

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by oka4nuel(m): 10:14am On Feb 03, 2015
Plz what would an acer of land cost with the sucker and at which location
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2015
oka4nuel:
Plz what would an acer of land cost with the sucker and at which location
you can send an email to me to give you all you need to get started.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by INFOTECH2: 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
@TAJIBADE:
Harvesting is done once in a year.
Land preparation should have started by now.
Receipts and necessary legal documents are provided.
My management entails everything from setting up,managing the farms and sales of your plantain.

A bit confused here. I thought harvesting can be done about twice a year after the first harvest. The first harvest is 8 months (with hybrid suckers) and the next if four months time from the other suckers that have grown from the main sucker.

Am I right?
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2015
INFOTECH2:

A bit confused here. I thought harvesting can be done about twice a year after the first harvest. The first harvest is 8 months (with hybrid suckers) and the next if four months time from the other suckers that have grown from the main sucker.

Am I right?
The first harvest is 9-12months ( depending on good managerial practices)
With good management, you can have 2 harvest but not necessarily within a year.

Note that if you plant a sucker now,it will take about numerous months before another sucker will shoot out from the one planted

i hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2015
You can not harvest plantain every 3 months
Don't be deceived by some people that want to collect your hard earned money just by selling you crap.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
The demand of plantain is the still far higher than the supply.
Always being disturbed by calls from processing.companies, market men and women to get them quality plantain bunches.
Just wish i have about 2000acres of plantain farm with each acre producing 1000 bunches,How richer would i have become?

Start your plantain farm this season.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
Do agric...create wealth.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:01am On Feb 04, 2015
More employment and more wealth can be generated from agribusiness.
Do agric...it pays
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:24am On Feb 04, 2015
Good morning people,i will continue with my the risks and the challenges to be faced in the business.
....Stay connected for more
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
The right time to Start your agricbusiness wealth empire.is in this season.
To make good money in agricbusiness,you have to be time conscious because the.business is time sensitive.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
Don’t let yourself become paralyzed by information overload, take massive action.

Action is the only guarantee way to success

Start your agricbusiness.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
Disease in plantain is one of the few risks people talked about and one of the greatest risk in plantain farming business.
The best way to overcome this challenge is to adopt preeventive measures and not curative measures;
You have heard the saying "prevention is better than cure", that also applies to agriculture
And the only way to prevent it is to use clean tissue cultured suckers.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:46am On Feb 05, 2015
Do agric..create wealth
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:15am On Feb 05, 2015
Another risks posing challenge to plantain is poor management practices
Apply manure at the right time, Good weeding and other activities.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
Let experience professional help you with your challenges
Post your questions or any challenges you are facing in your farm and i will be glad to help you solve them.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by oka4nuel(m): 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
For 1 acer of land, what will be the total cost including the sucker and management and how many sucker are you giving.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Johnnyessence(m): 1:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
Don’t let yourself become paralyzed by information overload, take massive action.

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Johnnyessence(m): 1:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

yes sooooo action speak louder than voice.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
@johnnyessence
Rightly stated.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2015
Can't wait for the new season

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Johnnyessence(m): 7:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
@johnnyessence
Rightly stated.
yes sooo bro
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
How you manage your farm also depend on how big your plantain bunch is.
Watch out for my articles on how to have bigger bunch.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
Get more questions on starting a plantain business to me by posting it on this thread and will answer you immediately.
Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:44am On Feb 06, 2015
Get your question/challenges and anything you want to know about agribusiness to me.by posting it on this thread.
Get Free mentorship from me as you start your agricbusiness.

Re: Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:28am On Feb 06, 2015
If you dont have time to monitor and supervise your agribusiness,get experienced hands that can help you with that.
I have seen lot of people venture into this business with no time to supervise and little experience and at the end of the day got their hand burnt.

#successtips

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.