Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,717 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:32 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1028009 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aodis: 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
kennyoguns0509:

Till July

Till july when? But have u got anything now?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hello y'll, I was also at first bank today to find out about the block account transfer matter.
I was told U'll fill form A with all other requirements.

Charges: 1% of the amount Ure sending + #4000...

I Hope this will finally put to rest all questions about block account transfer, most banks does it, the only different is the charges and their exchange rate.

Thanks to all those dat have also dealt with the matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
isidollarboy:
Good day everyone.
Thanks to everyone here, I have learnt alot since I keen my eyes on this thread.
I was the one that ask if HND, would be enough to go for masters direct, but I was given a recommendations to brace up with Bsc, due to time (July 15) , am not sure I will be able to meet up this summer semester, and I have also search for schools that admits on winter semester but i have not come out with a positive answer, but if anybody knows one, should kindly relate to me and also in arrangement to prepare down for the next admission sets, what should I start preparing down? Am I to attend Gothe language institute now(summer) or it's after I have gained admission?
For TOEFL& IELT exams, when it's the best time to write it. Please I need a breakdown of what I should start with.

Thanks, I will be glad if someone could give me a guide through.
@doplaz, @obiwann @pompidoI throw way cap for una contributions to this lovely thread.

I really do not know of any school I can recommend but I know for a fact that daad.de is your best bet at getting the information you require.

That been said, I will share with you the steps I took in preparation for my applications, you have a bit of time to put things together without the stress that comes with the late rush for submission.

Note: If you can, please try and go for Goethe's summer language class this august. It will save you 3 months of language class for the same A1 certification. Since you are going for a B.Sc course, you will need the German language certificates before you can even apply (except the English taught courses if you can find them and I think even those still require A1 certificate).

1. List out all the schools that offer your choice course and select those with the best fit criteria for you. e.g Hustle, economic state of the city, ranking of the school, location of the school. etc. Also list out important details/requirements of each school under them. e.g Documents to be submitted, required test score, application procedure and deadlines. etc.

2. Immediately (maybe not but soon) book your IELTS/TOEFL exam. You do have the option of choosing a later date for your exam so as to prepare appropriately. The result of the exam is valid for 2years so it will surely suffice for your applications come September. Another advantage of taking the exam early is that you have the chance to improve your score if it becomes necessary as you will still have enough time to do that.

3. Get all your documents ready! This is very important because the processing times for some of your documents may be weeks. e.g Transcript (if applicable), certificates, reference letters and notarization. Early preparation also avails you the time to have as many draft copies of your statement of intent as you require to get the best so your best foot comes forward first.

4. Send test emails to the schools to request clarifications about their requirements and selection processes. Also do well to scrutinize the course content of your select course so you don't end up with courses you weren't expecting. e.g. (I took to my heels after realizing that my choice course in TUHH was filled with computer programming when all I wanted were core data communications courses).

5. Once all steps 1 - 4 are set then you are good to go. From experience, it really doesn't matter when your application gets to them, evaluations will only be done when the selection committees sit to make their decisions. So you can send your applications with 2months to spare. Testimonies abound and are varied about the delivery timelines of Nipost but 2 things are sure about them: They are the cheapest (regular nipost and not EMS oo) and they will always deliver! Timelines vary from 10 - 30 working days so you can be rest assured that your applications will get to their destinations before application closes.

The bosses in the house can give more tips to help you succeed.

Best wishes...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dcitizen: 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hi,

i need the guru in the house to advise me before i proceed with my visa processes.

I got two admission letters. One of them (bsc in environmental and resource mangement) is from btu cottbus which is in brandenburg closer to berlin and the other one (beng in engineering physics(partly english and partly german as language of instruction) is from carl von ossietzky universitat oldenburg in the state of lower saxony which is coser to bremen.
I have a background in mechanical engineering (hnd). I prefer the second school and course becos of its specialty in renewable energy but my challenge now is my chance of graduating with good grades and in good time studying the rest of engineering physics with partly german even though i have been learning german language online.

I need your advice in terms of economic survival, lucrativeness of both courses in germany and my chances of graduation in due time.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
My Experience @ D German Embassy 2day

B4 una start d ranting is just an advice though I said it b4, it's good to go n certify ur document at d German embassy is not because of the money don't bother abt d stress is just for your own good so u can know n understand d nature n attitude of d workers( both naija n d Germans).

I did my interview 2day thanks to able God with the help of Holy Spirit it was successful I believe. My appointment time was 7:00am n I got there b4 6:30. As usual everybody lined up n oga CSO started checking appointment letter n passport unfortunately he sent abt 2 young sexy beautiful charming lady back home n tell them to rebook

D First Lady came for student visa he asked her where is your passport n appointment letter other document unfortunately d way my Oga at d embassy (d Igbo Man) addressed diz young lady she was under tension already n don't know what to bring out in a nutshell she mixed everything up ok oga calm n relax for some minutes n asked again for d last time arrange your document I need to see them d lady did that but she didn't include her passport photocopy oga moved to another lady

Sir I'm here for family reunion ok your passport and appointment letter . Diz young lady gave her gbam ok your name diz young lady mentioned her husband name tension don dey her body though he pardon her another matter show face young lady come go and book another appointment this is ''o'' instead of ''0'' I swear diz young lady no fit cry all Wetin I hear b say ah again

My turn #Gbam I don sabi diz man no b today because I don come embassy to certify more than 4 times b4 he ask me anything. He said good u can go inside.

Next diz young innocent lady show my oga CSO her document she was under tension too but @ last he allowed her in. Back to business

I was lucky d Chinese german woman conducted d interview for abt 5 of us I was d second person. First she asked me for my passport I gave her sharp sharp because I understand diz woman from day 1 she like sharp sharp thinz no dulling she no like to dey waste time I don study her very well. Immediately I gave her everything she said wow I love that, you are ready and prepare for diz interview I replied back yes ma she said I love d way you arrange all your document we start business from there after d interview we still chat for abt 5 minute

D next person a young lady from Edo diz gurl was given simple arithmetic to solve but unfortunately according to her oo because I was outside waiting for her (as a bad sharp guy no dulling my oga Dolpaz n Eke go understand we go talk for office ). Diz young lady confess dat she failed everything I asked her why she said before she start diz man show up with strong face na zo I forget everything oo Kenny she said.

Lesson: Though I don't blame d victims diz young man is working under instruction I was also a victim d first time I came to certify I av to come back d next day but today I know him very well and I know how he act so I don prepare for that self

Dolpaz was a victim also I remember my Paadi went to embassy for certification ni oo because he mixed B.Sc with School Leaving Certificate something u can correct or re-arrange within 25 seconds my Paadi go home dat day. D next day b4 d man challenge my Paadi my Paadi self don challenge am I was inside dat day. Sir u sent me away yesterday sir plz don't do that today oo sharp sharp Dolpaz refuse to succumb to fear.

Though if you are outside Lagos no wahala. House who is going for interview anytime someone gave me some fact after my interview (1 of d security guys) he told me oga na everything u get oo all d question he told d next guy na only two u miss d guy confirm he said yes fear enter my body n asked oga u b witch ni he explained to me d other guy also he told him u missed just two questions and d guy said yes wow I Sha try my possible best n persuade diz man finally....................

EKE thanks for the 4:00am call I almost slept off devil is a liar. Dat call help ur boi I swear. A good friend with a good heart

Dolpaz thanks so much really appreciate your endless effort we shall all go far by his grace

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
kennyoguns0509:
My Experience @ D German Embassy 2day

EKE thanks for the 4:00am call I almost slept off devil is a liar. Dat call help ur boi I swear. A good friend with a good heart

Dolpaz thanks so much really appreciate your endless effort we shall all go far by his grace

Eke and Dolpaz are such awesome fellas...
Felicitations!!!...Looking forward to Monday!!! cheesy grin cool

Kenny, BSC or MSC? Did you really need that WAEC Scratch Card?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
dolpaz:

Hello,

First of all, My name is Dolpaz nicht doplaz undecided

Now that you know your HND cant apply for M.sc , your best bet is B.sc. what's your initial field and what would you like to study in deutschland? as for this Winter admission, I doubt if you can still make it, simply because most schools, if not all have made their decisions. admission letter have been churned out to successful applicants, but its better to try than not to try at all..

So what you need to do is start preparing for Summer admission. some schools open their portals for admission as early as August, while most schools starts around september, but deadlines spans across November-Dec 15. in some cases, January 15. that being said, you need to start preparing the following documents asap:

HND/OND Transcripts

Certificates

professional Qualifications

IELTS/TOEFL

But for added advantage, add your work experience, motivation letter and CV.

But please note, even if your course is taught in english, I'd advise you to learn german here, even at the basics level. if you are in lagos, Goethe institute is offering an Intensive one month summer course this august, try and attend so as to boost your chances.

Compile your documents, search for schools offering your courses on DAAD, then send your application.

One more secret, please its advisable you apply to schools under Uniassist so as to boost your chances. Direct applications have stiff and competitive selection process.

These are my humble contribution."Gothe

Gemeinsam sind wir starke ! wink wink
wow!
Thank you very much for this, am so grateful.

I studied mechanical engineering and I will like to go for either mechatronics or physic

As for the "Goethe institute" already planning for it.

As for the name, Noted!

Vielen Dank.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
@kennyoguns0509, I don't know if I'm supposed to thank you for your post, but still, thank you. Very informative... I've never been to the embassy before, in fact, I haven't been to Lagos in over 10years, but I'll be going to Lagos on Sunday to open my blocked account on Monday... Do you have any tips for me?

And I didn't quite get this part of your post.

Though if you are outside Lagos no wahala. House who is going for interview anytime someone gave me some fact after my interview (1 of d security guys) he told me oga na everything u get oo all d question he told d next guy na only two u miss d guy confirm he said yes fear enter my body n asked oga u b witch ni he explained to me d other guy also he told him u missed just two questions and d guy said yes wow I Sha try my possible best n persuade diz man finally....................

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
pompido:

I really do not know of any school I can recommend but I know for a fact that daad.de is your best bet at getting the information you require.

That been said, I will share with you the steps I took in preparation for my applications, you have a bit of time to put things together without the stress that comes with the late rush for submission.

Note: If you can, please try and go for Goethe's summer language class this august. It will save you 3 months of language class for the same A1 certification. Since you are going for a B.Sc course, you will need the German language certificates before you can even apply (except the English taught courses if you can find them and I think even those still require A1 certificate).

1. List out all the schools that offer your choice course and select those with the best fit criteria for you. e.g Hustle, economic state of the city, ranking of the school, location of the school. etc. Also list out important details/requirements of each school under them. e.g Documents to be submitted, required test score, application procedure and deadlines. etc.

2. Immediately (maybe not but soon) book your IELTS/TOEFL exam. You do have the option of choosing a later date for your exam so as to prepare appropriately. The result of the exam is valid for 2years so it will surely suffice for your applications come September. Another advantage of taking the exam early is that you have the chance to improve your score if it becomes necessary as you will still have enough time to do that.

3. Get all your documents ready! This is very important because the processing times for some of your documents may be weeks. e.g Transcript (if applicable), certificates, reference letters and notarization. Early preparation also avails you the time to have as many draft copies of your statement of intent as you require to get the best so your best foot comes forward first.

4. Send test emails to the schools to request clarifications about their requirements and selection processes. Also do well to scrutinize the course content of your select course so you don't end up with courses you weren't expecting. e.g. (I took to my heels after realizing that my choice course in TUHH was filled with computer programming when all I wanted were core data communications courses).

5. Once all steps 1 - 4 are set then you are good to go. From experience, it really doesn't matter when your application gets to them, evaluations will only be done when the selection committees sit to make their decisions. So you can send your applications with 2months to spare. Testimonies abound and are varied about the delivery timelines of Nipost but 2 things are sure about them: They are the cheapest (regular nipost and not EMS oo) and they will always deliver! Timelines vary from 10 - 30 working days so you can be rest assured that your applications will get to their destinations before application closes.

The bosses in the house can give more tips to help you succeed.

Best wishes...
This is great! I must say the truth. This is the first time to get such a wonderful Tips on Nairaland from you and dolpaz. you guys made my day. as TOEFL/ IELT, I made some confirmations today and was told I will spend the sum of $300 for the exam and registration.
Once again thank you very much. I will always update the house with my progress
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
isidollarboy:
This is great! I must say the truth. This is the first time to get such a wonderful Tips on Nairaland from you and dolpaz. you guys made my day. as TOEFL/ IELT, I made some confirmations today and was told I will spend the sum of $300 for the exam and registration.

Am happy you are makin progress.
Just read through this thread, i practically did from part 1 to this part 2.
AND google search to get answers to some generic questions. Then you'd come back here and you'd be the one answering (instead of asking) people's questions like a BOSS cool
Try it, and thank me later!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
dcitizen:
Hi,

i need the guru in the house to advise me before i proceed with my visa processes.

I got two admission letters. One of them (bsc in environmental and resource mangement) is from btu cottbus which is in brandenburg closer to berlin and the other one (beng in engineering physics(partly english and partly german as language of instruction) is from carl von ossietzky universitat oldenburg in the state of lower saxony which is coser to bremen.
I have a background in mechanical engineering (hnd). I prefer the second school and course becos of its specialty in renewable energy but my challenge now is my chance of graduating with good grades and in good time studying the rest of engineering physics with partly german even though i have been learning german language online.

I need your advice in terms of economic survival, lucrativeness of both courses in germany and my chances of graduation in due time.
Hello, am also applying to same course as you, oldenburg and btu, in fact I just sent my documents today through DHL. Oldenburg, after submitting documents online, did you also send to them via post before getting the admission and how long did it take for your admission to be out? Secondly, how long did btu admission take also. I was able to send only my HND transcript without the ND, do u think it's gonna be enough, did you send both of yours?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tariy: 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
pompido:

This is an addendum to the above information so we are all aware of the timing:

"Hallo,

thanks for your email and interest in our language course.

For the summer course, we just offer classes from 8.30 am – 2 pm daily.

Best regards,"
@Pompido please do you work Goethe Institute and how can I reach you directly....

P.S: I do feel bad that I may not be able to attend due to the timing. embarassed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tariy: 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
pompido:
This is the details for Goethe Institute's Summer Language Course

SUMMER COURSE
Our summer course comes up in August as follows:
Date/Duration: 03. – 28.08.2015
Course fee: 20 000.00 Naira
Books: 5 000.00 Naira
Level: A1 (Elementary Level 1)
Lesson Hours: 120

@pompido oooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
isidollarboy:

$300 for exam and registration shocked shocked

He be like say i go turn agent oo. cheesy grin wink

My guy, shine ur eyes well. you dont need anybody for IELTS

Dedicate 4-5 hrs of daily studies, esp listening and reading

Go to exactly page 7 of this thread where Obiwann posted IELTS materials and download them. towards the bottom

go to http://ielts.britishcouncil.org to register for the examination

Its just 38,000 naira

mein zwei loffel !

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
Obiwannn:

Am blushing embarassed embarassed

Oya now boss..I dey wait you.. undecided undecided

Make you holla me sha ! sad

Peace !

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tariy: 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
dolpaz:

Oga, Oya now..I dey wait you.. undecided undecided

Make you holla me sha ! sad
@Dolapz pls do you attend Goethe
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
tariy:

@Dolapz pls do you attend Goethe

Hey,

Its dolpaz nicht dolapz

und tja, ich lerne deutsche sprache bei Gothe institute.. A2 klasse

und du?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
[quote author=egheoze post=35435821]i am going to ovgu magdeburg not uni magdeburg. let me know if i can help you.

I hv replied ur pm.just mesage me ..so dat i will get ur contact
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
Obiwannn:

@Obiwann yea M.Sc yes u need the scratch card d woman asked.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
dolpaz:

Hey,

Its dolpaz nicht dolapz

und tja, ich lerne deutsche sprache bei Gothe institute.. A2 klasse

und du?

Oga Dolpaz no dey oppress person with diz ya A2 jor
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XpensiveT(m): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
kennyoguns0509:

@Obiwann yea M.Sc yes u need the scratch card d woman asked.

@kennyoguns0509... Boss, please my interview is fast approaching nd am also going for MSc programme. Were u giving any test/exam to write? Or its just a normal interview.

And if u don't mind, please kindly post some of d interview questions here. I already know the likely questions, just want to know maybe there is any addition to d question we all know.

Danke schön, Chef.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
stuttMan:
@kennyoguns0509, I don't know if I'm supposed to thank you for your post, but still, thank you. Very informative... I've never been to the embassy before, in fact, I haven't been to Lagos in over 10years, but I'll be going to Lagos on Sunday to open my blocked account on Monday... Do you have any tips for me?

And I didn't quite get this part of your post.

Am not trying to create any fear sir, is just dat dey all understand d nature of we young guys/gurls they believe in discipline n to avoid taking others for granted at d embassy so I don't blame d CSO jor. Just go with all necessary document n get there before 9 or if possible 8:00am
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
XpensiveT:

@kennyoguns0509... Boss, please my interview is fast approaching nd am also going for MSc programme. Were u giving any test/exam to write? Or its just a normal interview.

And if u don't mind, please kindly post some of d interview questions here. I already know the likely questions, just want to know maybe there is any addition to d question we all know.

Danke schön, Chef.

I will do that sure. No just normal interview but d only lady who applied for b.sc was given maths.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XpensiveT(m): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
kennyoguns0509:

I will do that sure. No just normal interview but d only lady who applied for b.sc was given maths.

Ah ja, das ist toll. Danke schön !!

Looking forward to read ur interview questions Sir.

Haben Sie ein schönes Wochenende.
#MaximumRespect
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
kennyoguns0509:

Hello dear, plz do u know the type of maths questions that was given to the B.sc lady?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
kennyoguns0509:

Am not trying to create any fear sir, is just dat dey all understand d nature of we young guys/gurls they believe in discipline n to avoid taking others for granted at d embassy so I don't blame d CSO jor. Just go with all necessary document n get there before 9 or if possible 8:00am
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
To all the royal bossness, pls your advice is needed.
My interview is on the 24th of this month, and my enrollment deadline is so close(1st of sept). Am thinking of requesting for enrollment extension from my school. I will like to know if this is very neccessary, If it is, should I make the request before or after my interview.
Thanks for ur anticipated response
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
hollaytan:
To all the royal bossness, pls your advice is needed.
My interview is on the 24th of this month, and my enrollment deadline is so close(1st of sept). Am thinking of requesting for enrollment extension from my school. I will like to know if this is very neccessary, If it is, should I make the request before or after my interview.
Thanks for ur anticipated response
24th of this month to 1st of Sept is roughly 5weeks, and people say the average time for visa processing is 3weeks. I think you shouldn't be bothered...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
Williamso:

24th of this month to 1st of Sept is roughly 5weeks, and people say the average time for visa processing is 3weeks. I think you
shouldn't be bothered...

Thanks a lot bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dcitizen: 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
@galad,

i received my admission from btu after 2months of application sand it was stated in the admission letter taht the only grace given to internation students that need vis to come to the germany is 30th of october and i got my admission letter from oldenburg university after 1month of application. However, i did online application for the latter school and the international representative whose name is martin reck certified my qualification to be okay and ordered me to send him certified copies of my credentials before the admission after he can authosired the issuance of amission letter
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by olompa: 2:08am On Jul 04, 2015
Please Oga kenny, were u able to ask the lady going for bsc the type of maths questions she was given. Can u help with the type of maths question to expect. Danke

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (469)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.