Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (994266 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
Eke40seven:

Oga sir I have been busy lately and PHCN is not helping issues at all.
When I get home this night I will look into it sir.
Bear with me!

Are you not supposed to be in G-land?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
hollaytan:

pls we need help from those who have crossed the hurdle oooo....there are some sample questions on thier website, but i guess that is just to give an insight of how the question will look like, their question covers the areas of protein synthesis, DNA translation, cellular structures, some areas of bonding in biomolecules, organic chemistr (structures and composition of biomolecules etc just try and read on basic biochemistry, cellular biology, and molecular biology....................na to enter library o since there is enough time to prepare.. cheers we go laff in the end bro wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Thanks Bro for this info. whr do u reside? could u please send me the link of where the question is in their website pls o! Thanks nd one love. I sent u, PM check ur mail.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
Williamso:

Are you not supposed to be in G-land?
Did I ever mention that anywhere? or did I disclose it to you in private?
Bros no fall hand na!.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 12:09am On Mar 03, 2015
Eke40seven:

Did I ever mention that anywhere? or did I disclose it to you in private?
Bros no fall hand na!.
But you posted your interview on Nov 29, and I think it was very powerful.

*EDIT*
Went through your posts again. HOW IN THE WORLD DID IT NOT HAPPEN?? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 8:14am On Mar 03, 2015
Williamso:

But you posted your interview on Nov 29, and I think it was very powerful.

*EDIT*
Went through your posts again. HOW IN THE WORLD DID IT NOT HAPPEN?? shocked shocked shocked
Well, that's what the Yorubas shout 'awon ayeooo!' for. grin. The problem wasn't the interview..it was something which we all might see as inconsequential.
My interview was on October 9. The post on November 29 was just what I did for others to learn. A reflection of prior events that I didn't talk about.
May be you should read my post from October 9 to know the full story.
I'm tired of talking about the past. I'm looking ahead. ;8
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 8:39am On Mar 03, 2015
Haha, the awon ayeooo part was funny.
Anyways, a delay is never a denial. You just gotta shake off the dust and keep on pressing.
This time, hopefully and by Gods grace, things will work out for your good.

Eke40seven:

Well, that's what the Yorubas shout 'awon ayeooo!' for. grin. The problem wasn't the interview..it was something which we all might see as inconsequential.
My interview was on October 9. The post on November 29 was just what I did for others to learn. A reflection of prior events that I didn't talk about.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 10:50am On Mar 03, 2015
ogompaul:
Thanks Bro for this info. whr do u reside? could u please send me the link of where the question is in their website pls o! Thanks nd one love. I sent u, PM check ur mail.

I got ur pm, I reside in lag, surulere to be precised. Chk out this link http://www.mscbmb.uni-bremen.de/en/mscbmb/application/test
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 1:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
Cindino20:

You welcome Boss.....Yes I am in Germany...i think you ve to clarify that with the consulate in lagos..but no worries you wil be fine...

<I'm presently discussing terms with my proposed supervisor. He wants to be sure if i can cope in Germany self-sponsored. He asked me how much do i think i would need to cover my living expenses for the duration of my Phd programme (3 years). He's also offering some assistance.

So, guys, pls, especially those in Germany, How much do you think i would need monthly to survive over there in Germany. Please give me numbers. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
takeastep:

<I'm presently discussing terms with my proposed supervisor. He wants to be sure if i can cope in Germany self-sponsored. He asked me how much do i think i would need to cover my living expenses for the duration of my Phd programme (3 years). He's also offering some assistance.

So, guys, pls, especially those in Germany, How much do you think i would need monthly to survive over there in Germany. Please give me numbers. Thanks.

for masters students..the estimated cost (according to survey) is about 670 euros per mth... thats 8000 euros a year and 3 years is about 24 000 euros...mind you most phd programs normally extend to the 4th yr to enable candidates to finish their dissertation......this estimate is for an average nigerian( person when sabi manage..if u manage wel u fit spend abt 550 euros a mth sef )

About assistance ...he can offer you a stipend (btw 600 to 1000 euros)...just tell him how much u earn per mth in euros ( thats if your company will continue to pay u same amount if you re on study leave).

This estimate na for only u minus madam grin

I hope this helps..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 3:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
hollaytan:

I got ur pm, I reside in lag, surulere to be precised. Chk out this link http://www.mscbmb.uni-bremen.de/en/mscbmb/application/test
my man, those questions no be moi moi for me o!, I actually studied applied biology and biotechnology, now, most of the questions are from biochemistry? How do I go about the preparation now? Any hint? Or I should just back off instead of travelling from enugu to osun unprepared.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2015
I was at the embassy today to certify my documents. 2 sets of applications. Both were stamped but only one set contained the seal and was signed. I just noticed it now. Is it normal or an oversight?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
@Ibk1010, this is Val. We saw @ the embassy today.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
Eke40seven:

sad
This year won't pass us by!!!

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
ogompaul:
my man, those questions no be moi moi for me o!, I actually studied applied biology and biotechnology, now, most of the questions are from biochemistry? How do I go about the preparation now? Any hint? Or I should just back off instead of travelling from enugu to osun unprepared.

am in same shoe with you o, i studied microbiology, but i feel there is enough time to prepare, the date is far, i guess you should lay your hands on basic biochemistry test book and see how it goes......me self no too bam for biochemistry but since its a life science course i feel you shouldnt find it so difficult to read....... all the best
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esdajo: 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hello house,

I got my student visa yesterday as expected. Just to keep everybody updated and also contribute by offering useful suggestions and/or advice to the aspirants in the house. Thanks to everybody for your usual support through the trying times. Kelly4top most especially and my fellow brothers and sisters here. Love you all!

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by eldav(m): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
esdajo:
Hello house,

I got my student visa yesterday as expected. Just to keep everybody updated and also contribute by offering useful suggestions and/or advice to the aspirants in the house. Thanks to everybody for your usual support through the trying times. Kelly4top most especially and my fellow brothers and sisters here. Love you all!

Let me be the first to say Congratulations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 12:39am On Mar 04, 2015
hollaytan:

am in same shoe with you o, i studied microbiology, but i feel there is enough time to prepare, the date is far, i guess you should lay your hands on basic biochemistry test book and see how it goes......me self no too bam for biochemistry but since its a life science course i feel you shouldnt find it so difficult to read....... all the best
Thanks Bro. I hope to see u @ osun nd Bremen afterwards, Amen o!, reply my pm abeg o!, so we can talk. thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DANNIEmore: 1:32am On Mar 04, 2015
esdajo:
Hello house,

congrats bro.. I told you !!!
welcome to Germany
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DANNIEmore: 1:35am On Mar 04, 2015
Thank you all

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DANNIEmore: 1:44am On Mar 04, 2015
drdee8:
Halo everyone
Been silently following this thread for a while and it's been very informative and interesting.
My post is directed to you guys currently living in Germany.
I'm a final year medical student in Russia. I'm planning to do my residency in Germany after graduation which is in June 2015.
I'm aware I have to apply for an 'hospitation' program, which is basically a program where you get you shadow a physician[color=#770077][/color]. It's a bit difficult finding a hospital from here since my German is still at the A1 level.
I was thinking of applying for an M.Sc in infection biology and then look for hospitals while I'm I'm Germany. My question is
1.Would I be able to convert my student visa to a working visa just in case I eventually find a job.
2. Is there anyone who has a doctor friend, who can help me in finding an hospitation.
I appreciate your urgent replies

Vielen Dank

As much as I know, you cannot do residency in Germany with A1.
Suggestion: Get admitted into that course or any other medical related course for M. Sc and you continue the German language studies alongside. Hopefully around C2, You should be able to fit in and do whatever...

"My suggestion{s}..Dont forget"

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 3:36am On Mar 04, 2015
DANNIEmore:
And so, I arrived Germany few weeks back and been off here because settling in isn't really easy you know but, in God we trust always. Didn't forget us at all and so, should anyone need help around Hamburg and/or its axis,

Thanks always for your usual help all and, God bless us all..

Welcome to Hamburg, my city, hope you coping with the funny north german weather?

Holla back, am free for 2 weeks,we could hang out.
cheers
styles
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RFella(m): 5:22am On Mar 04, 2015
Hello everyone, am grateful for the continual info in this thread, thumbs up to all of you...please this is my issue: I finally obtained my transcript after so much headache, but this is my question: do I just take it to the court and give them this original copy, then they can stamp and seal it, before making photocopies, or do I open it myself, photocopy as many as, then take it to the court....secondly, is it possible to get admission with just the proficiency letter from our ministry of education, since I don't want to write toefl or ielts....thanks, expecting answers...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by drdee8(f): 6:20am On Mar 04, 2015
DANNIEmore:

As much as I know, you cannot do residency in Germany with A1.
Suggestion: Get admitted into that course or any other medical related course for M. Sc and you continue the German language studies alongside. Hopefully around C2, You should be able to fit in and do whatever...
"My suggestion{s}..Dont forget"

Thanks for the reply @DANNIEmore. Actually I'll be graduating in June and by then I should have my B2 certificate. That's why I'm looking for a six month hospitation, before applying for residency. So I get to study the language more during that period. I need some who's quite fluent with the German language to help communications communicate with the hospitals or do you think they'll respond if I contact them in English.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iscbaba: 8:45am On Mar 04, 2015
DANNIEmore:
And so, I arrived Germany few weeks back and been off here because settling in isn't really easy you know but, in God we trust always. Didn't forget us at all and so, should anyone need help around Hamburg and/or its axis,

Thanks always for your usual help all and, God bless us all..
good bro....I'm abt sending my document to hamburg university of tech.pls can we chat IP..I sent u a mail .thx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DANNIEmore: 8:50am On Mar 04, 2015
drdee8:

Thanks for the reply @DANNIEmore. Actually I'll be graduating in June and by then I should have my B2 certificate. That's why I'm looking for a six month hospitation, before applying for residency. So I get to study the language more during that period. I need some who's quite fluent with the German language to help communications communicate with the hospitals or do you think they'll respond if I contact them in English.

No harm in trying please..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DANNIEmore: 8:54am On Mar 04, 2015
styles2009:

Welcome to Hamburg, my city, hope you coping with the funny north german weather?

Holla back, am free for 2 weeks,we could hang out.
cheers
styles

Really nice but, very busy at this time sir.. However, I'm at Nettelnburg and yourself?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DANNIEmore: 8:55am On Mar 04, 2015
iscbaba:

good bro....I'm abt sending my document to hamburg university of tech.pls can we chat IP..I sent u a mail .thx

And I replied too sir..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mokaz: 10:52am On Mar 04, 2015
Hello RFella, your transcript is an official document from your school to the school you are applying to.....it doesn't need to be certified any further..... You might open it to have some personal copies if u desire......but don't roughen it also.....it is not supposed to be in your possession in anyway but better for safe delivery to the intended institution....... Just my knowledge..... Ciao
RFella:
Hello everyone, am grateful for the continual info in this thread, thumbs up to all of you...please this is my issue: I finally obtained my transcript after so much headache, but this is my question: do I just take it to the court and give them this original copy, then they can stamp and seal it, before making photocopies, or do I open it myself, photocopy as many as, then take it to the court....secondly, is it possible to get admission with just the proficiency letter from our ministry of education, since I don't want to write toefl or ielts....thanks, expecting answers...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 11:02am On Mar 04, 2015
Cindino20:

for masters students..the estimated cost (according to survey) is about 670 euros per mth... thats 8000 euros a year and 3 years is about 24 000 euros...mind you most phd programs normally extend to the 4th yr to enable candidates to finish their dissertation......this estimate is for an average nigerian( person when sabi manage..if u manage wel u fit spend abt 550 euros a mth sef )

About assistance ...he can offer you a stipend (btw 600 to 1000 euros)...just tell him how much u earn per mth in euros ( thats if your company will continue to pay u same amount if you re on study leave).

This estimate na for only u minus madam grin

I hope this helps..

Thanks. I've replied him. Told him how much i would be earning from company for the duration of the programme, and how much my company would offer as study grant. He promised to check out with the foreign unit of the school and see what assistance they can render. He also assured me of his reply by next week.
Good news all the way, i pray!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 1:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
DANNIEmore:

Really nice but, very busy at this time sir.. However, I'm at Bergedorf and yourself?

I live 10 mins from Uni Hamburg (Dammtor) ,send me a pm,when you are free.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
mokaz:
Hello RFella, your transcript is an official document from your school to the school you are applying to.....it doesn't need to be certified any further..... You might open it to have some personal copies if u desire......but don't roughen it also.....it is not supposed to be in your possession in anyway but better for safe delivery to the intended institution....... Just my knowledge..... Ciao

When transcript in my school is 30000 naira. And I'm applying to 4 schools. What do I do in such situation?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
ogompaul:
Thanks Bro. I hope to see u @ osun nd Bremen afterwards, Amen o!, reply my pm abeg o!, so we can talk. thanks.

amen oooo, I will do DAT sire

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (469)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.