Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,160 members, 7,825,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (998752 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 4:38am On Mar 06, 2015
styles2009:

First my guy or girl, you need to decide, where you want to go cos your post is somehow confusing. shocked

I am looking for the best place to succeed in life bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Goodme: 5:08am On Mar 06, 2015
Good morning every. I would like to know who is currently in Lagos studying German language,I need apartment like self contain around Goethe institution please guys help me......
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:36am On Mar 06, 2015
mhen.... i f up o
submitted my online application to uniKiel.
we were supposed to lump all our documents in a single pdf then upload,
i come discover say my during my uploading, a page of the document come miss.
and i don already submit the application.
and the portal de say my application has already been sent/submitted
i no no wetin i go do o.
I don mail them o...still awaiting a reply.
any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Goodme: 6:03am On Mar 06, 2015
Stylee2009 I would like to ask u a question sorry for disturbing,my questions goes like this what's my OND equivalent in Germany university ?coz I knw if I have that I will no longer study studienkolleg....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oladunwo(m): 6:25am On Mar 06, 2015
kciano:
Pls brothers and sista in germany .I have read comments from Part1 till date and I also read traveling to canada thread.i need advise .Please gurus in germany should advise.
1.i hv gotten admission in canada and u hv latest 30th of this month to pay tuition fee for ist semester.i can pay for the tuiton fee but i dnt hv much funds for the rest of my fees and accommodation when u get dia.
2.i am yet to get admission in germany.
My question is dis .since i dnt hv money to finish my 2 years programe in canada but i can afford the germany since its tuition free.i heard a lot about no jobs abd racism in germany.i dnt know if I should beta use the money and apply to germany or just apply to canada so Dat when i get dia.i will sort myself out since there are plenty jobs in canada.please people in germany from ur experience.whts the best bet?
Bros, I won't advise you to leave certainty for uncertainty because admission into German school is too competitive due to no tuition . Canada is far better than Germany in term of survival and integration into the system i.e jobs security and language. Lastly, staying after study in canada is very easy to achieve due to so many programmes by different provinces unlike Germany.
Note: it's just my own point of view coz I knw some peepz view may differ.
My 2 $
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 7:57am On Mar 06, 2015
oladunwo:

Bros, I won't advise you to leave certainty for uncertainty because admission into German school is too competitive due to no tuition . Canada is far better than Germany in term of survival and integration into the system i.e jobs security and language. Lastly, staying after study in canada is very easy to achieve due to so many programmes by different provinces unlike Germany.
Note: it's just my own point of view coz I knw some peepz view may differ.
My 2 $

Thanks bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 8:50am On Mar 06, 2015
kciano:
Pls brothers and sista in germany .I have read comments from Part1 till date and I also read traveling to canada thread.i need advise .Please gurus in germany should advise.
1.i hv gotten admission in canada and u hv latest 30th of this month to pay tuition fee for ist semester.i can pay for the tuiton fee but i dnt hv much funds for the rest of my fees and accommodation when u get dia.
My question is dis .since i dnt hv money to finish my 2 years programe in canada but i can afford the germany since its tuition free.i heard a lot about no jobs abd racism in germany.i dnt know if I should beta use the money and apply to germany or just apply to canada so Dat when i get dia.i will sort myself out since there are plenty jobs in canada.please people in germany from ur experience.whts the best bet?
I remembered a post from one topic I didn't push too much. It will go a long way I guess.

Eke40seven:
Well, its weird, I will have to answer some of my own questions. Although am not in the best position to answer but let me keep the thread alive because of the immense benefits it will have for many.

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY

*Ease of visa =3/5 Because of the blocked account/sponsorship letter
*Quality of Education= 4/5 (more than 35 of its unis are in the top 500 schools in the world)
*General Affordability = 5/5 (if you can afford to school in Nigeria, you can afford it apart from the higher cost of living of course)
*Ease of Admission= 3/5 (You can apply for an unlimited number of school to improve your chances but o'level will 98% of the time not give you Bsc admission neither will less than a 3.0/5.0 CGPA for masters)
*Quality of life as a foreign student= 4/5
* Size of African/Nigerian students= 3/5
*Survival/hustle= 4/5 (German economy is the best in Europe
*Long term benefits= 18 months for graduate job search after school; 2 years after graduate job equals an automatic permanent residence, blue chip for some profession, shengen country which gives access to more than 26 countries and easy access visa to US and Canada.

why Germany: good job policies for foreign students, English taught courses available, the economy.

is it worth the cost? More than one can imagine. Would even break even still while schooling.

If I were to choose another country, it would be Canada.

Fatherland? Home is where my heart is and my heart is where things work.

Roll in your contributions.
Can any other country beat that offer?

In addition to that, the language barrier may not be always a bad thing, knowledge of a foreign language is always an advantage and moving over to any country of your choice is not difficult at all. Since you don't have the funds now, I wonder how you plan to survive and pay for the subsequent fees in Canada.
There are jobs in Canada quite alright but how much can you make for upkeeps and subsequent tuition payments. There are as many job vacancy in Germany as in Canada, in fact more, considering it has a larger economy but of course the language barrier may be an issue sometimes.
The racism thing is just a myth, most Germans are just introverts, there is as much racism in America as it is in Germany, if not less.
Well whether Canada or Germany, a self assessment of your resources, your Bsc degree and GP should determine your final decision.

My 2 cowries!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iscbaba: 9:17am On Mar 06, 2015
Eke40seven:

I remembered a post from one topic I didn't push too much. It will go a long way I guess.

In addition to that, the language barrier may not be always a bad thing, knowledge of a foreign language is always an advantage and moving over to any country of your choice is not difficult at all. Since you don't have the funds now, I wonder how you plan to survive and pay for the subsequent fees in Canada.
There are jobs in Canada quite alright but how much can you make for upkeeps and subsequent tuition payments. There are as many job vacancy in Germany as in Canada, in fact more, considering it has a larger economy but of course the language barrier may be an issue sometimes.
The racism thing is just a myth, most Germans are just introverts, there is as much racism in America as it is in Germany, if not less.
Well whether Canada or Germany, a self assessment of your resources, your Bsc degree and GP should determine your final decision.

My 2 cowries!
a friend has cgpa of 2.89-2.99 can he get admission to study engineering.the €8080 is available and which sch will u advice.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 9:43am On Mar 06, 2015
iscbaba:

a friend has cgpa of 2.89-2.99 can he get admission to study engineering.the €8080 is available and which sch will u advice.

Yes, 2.89 is still 2.5 in German grades but with some digits in front..Even one can get admission with something lower from FEW schools, but the chances are very slim though.
However, check the terms some of the schools use to specify their minimum admission requirements. like "good" ="above average" =2.88/5.0...(3.0 is a safer estimate)."very good" = 4.21/5.00, etc..

Which field of Engineering? 'DAAD-international programmes' is your friend.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iscbaba: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2015
Eke40seven:

Yes, 2.89 is still 2.5 in German grades but with some digits in front..Even one can get admission with something lower from FEW schools, but the chances are very slim though.
However, check the terms some of the schools use to specify their minimum admission requirements. like "good" ="above average" =2.88/5.0...(3.0 is a safer estimate)."very good" = 4.21/5.00, etc..

Which field of Engineering? 'DAAD-international programmes' is your friend.
Environmental Engineering.
thx for ur good response.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 10:48am On Mar 06, 2015
Goodme:
Stylee2009 I would like to ask u a question sorry for disturbing,my questions goes like this what's my OND equivalent in Germany university ?coz I knw if I have that I will no longer study studienkolleg....

please visit uni assist.de and send them a mail,I got no idea about OND as i applied with WAEC.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2015
Please who's in PH? Where did you certify and how much? Was at Obio court and was told 600naira per page shocked shocked Looking for alternatives please...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 5:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
Williamso:
Please who's in PH? Where did you certify and how much? Was at Obio court and was told 600naira per page shocked shocked Looking for alternatives please...

They all say the same thing at the high courts. it is left to you to negotiate and get the best deal you possibly can.

I was at Ikeja High Court today and they started at 500naira per page and I had to negotiate and form a regular customer to get 200naira per page. I almost got 3pages for 500naira if i had pushed harder but I decided not to push it any harder.

Go back there and try another part of the court. Walk in like you own the place.... grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 6:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
kciano:

A bird in hand is worth millions on d tree. How are u sure u will secure the German admission. Canada is d way to go my guy cus dia admission in d ist place no b beans and since u av it, y throw it away for something not certain.

Second is the fact that integration is faster in Canada Dan in Germany cus of the language issue and also d fact that u won't need to learn any language before u can get or hold down a job unlike in Germany.

My guy use d money with u and ppay ur Canada tuition, wen u get dia, u will survive cus many Nigerians dia too survive. Even many of us in Germany already dey eye how to enter Canada .

If I see u in Germany and I recognise u, na beating I go give u oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esdajo: 6:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
nevilbot:

A bird in hand is worth millions on d tree. How are u sure u will secure the German admission. Canada is d way to go my guy cus dia admission in d ist place no b beans and since u av it, y throw it away for something not certain.

Second is the fact that integration is faster in Canada Dan in Germany cus of the language issue and also d fact that u won't need to learn any language before u can get or hold down a job unlike in Germany.

My guy use d money with u and ppay ur Canada tuition, wen u get dia, u will survive cus many Nigerians dia too survive. Even many of us in Germany already dey eye how to enter Canada .

lol! But what about tuition fee payment for subsequent years? I had admissions in Canada (US$13,000) for just 1 year and Australia (AUD$20,000) for just 1 year without living expenses but I still applied for admission in Germany and I got even though it was a private institution where I paid about 4.900 (US$6,480) but this is for only 18 months aside the money for upkeep in Deutsche Bank. Your resources should be a guide at this time as education in both countries are highly qualitative but learning and being proficient in another language is a plus too even here in Nigeria as prospective employers would always want to know if you have other skills that your co-applicants do not have which may make you appear better qualified for the job on account of the foreign language proficiency.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
[quote author=Eke40seven post=31351055]

Thanks so much .u hv been a major contributor on this thread .God bless u .I read chemical engineering and I have a CGPA of 3.30.why am Really confused about canada is cos people I asked their said there is no way I can hustle my one year tuiton fee in canada .dat I can only get my feeding and leaving expenses if I want to graduate and make good grades in school.for now I hv just one year tution fee and I'm reading 2 years course
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
nevilbot:

thanks bosss.u r right about wht u said to some extent but when I ask people if I can hustle my school fees.they said it's not possible and stated dat jobs are not easy as it was before .There r lots of competition nw. The money I hv is just for 1 year and I dnt even hv upto my living expenses .dnt forget I will stil pay thr nxt semester fee.so I dnt know hw am gonna do dis knowing fully well dat I hv 2 years course to read and I heard their work load won't give u time to work and they work just 3 hours a day
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
esdajo:

lol! But what about tuition fee payment for subsequent years? I had admissions in Canada (US$13,000) for just 1 year and Australia (AUD$20,000) for just 1 year without living expenses but I still applied for admission in Germany and I got even though it was a private institution where I paid about 4.900 (US$6,480) but this is for only 18 months aside the money for upkeep in Deutsche Bank. Your resources should be a guide at this time as education in both countries are highly qualitative but learning and being proficient in another language is a plus too even here in Nigeria as prospective employers would always want to know if you have other skills that your co-applicants do not have which may make you appear better qualified for the job on account of the foreign language proficiency.

bros did u regret going to germany instead of canada? Do u wish u had used ur money and paid for canada .In my case I dnt hv the canada money for my livin expenses .I hv just one year tuition fee and not even living expenses and housing .and the course is 2 years
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 11:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
kciano:

bros did u regret going to germany instead of canada? Do u wish u had used ur money and paid for canada .In my case I dnt hv the canada money for my livin expenses .I hv just one year tuition fee and not even living expenses and housing .and the course is 2 years

Brother, you don't need to waste too much time. We all always think the grass is greener on the other side, A Canadian student would think America would be better and vice versa. You have done the most important thing by assessing the funds you have at your disposal and knowing your financial strength.
Don't waste further time, your GP is good enough to get you into most courses in Germany. I'm 100% sure you will get admission if you apply the RIGHT WAY.
I hope you have your Transcript at hand now? that's the most important thing.
Get to work in search of school. use www.Daad.de/en

There is no time, just act fast....
Your German gp is 2.2 Its "good"...with this, you can breath easy.
I remembered doing the research for English taught courses in Germany for my family friend who studied chemical engineering but later changed plans. I think I still have the file with me.
Send me a PM and I will forward it to your mail...

If this is spoonfeeding, then count yourself lucky.

p.s. Try to enroll in a language school here to attain some proficiency or get study materials to teach yourself......it could prove advantageous when you cross over.

Good luck!

@Rfella, I will send you a PM.....

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 7:59am On Mar 07, 2015
Eke40seven:

Brother, you don't need to waste too much time. We all always think the grass is greener on the other side, A Canadian student would think America would be better and vice versa. You have done the most important thing by assessing the funds you have at your disposal and knowing your financial strength.
Don't waste further time, your GP is good enough to get you into most courses in Germany. I'm 100% sure you will get admission if you apply the RIGHT WAY.
I hope you have your Transcript at hand now? that's the most important thing.
Get to work in search of school. use www.Daad.de/en

There is no time, just act fast....
Your German gp is 2.2 Its "good"...with this, you can breath easy.
I remembered doing the research for English taught courses in Germany for my family friend who studied chemical engineering but later changed plans. I think I still have the file with me.
Send me a PM and I will forward it to your mail...

If this is spoonfeeding, then count yourself lucky.

p.s. Try to enroll in a language school here to attain some proficiency or get study materials to teach yourself......it could prove advantageous when you cross over.

Good luck!

@Rfella, I will send you a PM.....

i have sent u a pm boss. stil waiting for ur reply
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esdajo: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
kciano:

I am yet to leave for Germany even though I already have my visa on my passport. In all, I do not think I made a wrong choice. As a matter of fact, my CGPA in my first degree is not too tantalizing (2.08) but I still got my admission in a private institution for my LLM which is just 18 months and the tuition I paid for the German school would have been just a semester tuition in Canada so I have no regrets whatsoever. Quality education is my main target and God will lead me from there. That certificate is my priority for now and any other thing that happens later will go according to His divine plans for me but I am satisfied I was able to get what I wanted within the means of my little resources. All I spent was about U.S$18,000 for tuition and feeding. However, that would have just been tuition fee for an 18 months program in Canada where you pay semester by semester so where do I get money for my upkeep? Bro think well. Admission no be anything to get anywhere in the world, na money be the koko!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
esdajo think I saw you at the embassy on Monday.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 2:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
my ogas abg my own cgpa is 3.05 on a 5.0 scale n am looking @ m.sc in physics or medical physics as il love to be lecturer thereafter. Do u thnk am eligible or dat i stand a gud chance of getteing admission in germany @ lmu, tum, etc ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
my ogas abeg mk una advise me too o, cos i bin get for canada n even sent sme mails to some schs dere bt d moni plenti......am waiting......tnx eke47 et all
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
sori i mean say i bin gt eye for canada too.......
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iscbaba: 3:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
kciano:

i have sent u a pm boss. stil waiting for ur reply
Broz I sent u mesg.thx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bosakelvin(m): 3:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
@eke and other gurus. abeg when writing a letter of motivation do I need to include d address of the school. cos some have submitted so far; I did not include any address. just followed the format I saw on Google; my co worker here has placed me on serious tension; he said I should have included the school address. abeg make una enlighten me on this; so DAT if an mistake make I know.d format I followed showed why I want to study d programme; wat qualifies me; what interest/knowledge I have to successfully complete d prog. though I started with dear sir/ madam. make una no laugh me sha.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
bosakelvin:
@eke and other gurus. abeg when writing a letter of motivation do I need to include d address of the school. cos some have submitted so far; I did not include any address. just followed the format I saw on Google; my co worker here has placed me on serious tension; he said I should have included the school address. abeg make una enlighten me on this; so DAT if an mistake make I know.d format I followed showed why I want to study d programme; wat qualifies me; what interest/knowledge I have to successfully complete d prog. though I started with dear sir/ madam. make una no laugh me sha.

No fear, motivation letters come in different formats. Its not compulsory...Even more times than not, school addresses are not included. Google had given you a clue already.

hadassaheke:
my ogas abg my own cgpa is 3.05 on a 5.0 scale n am looking @ m.sc in physics or medical physics as il love to be lecturer thereafter. Do u thnk am eligible or dat i stand a gud chance of getteing admission in germany @ lmu, tum, etc ?
What did you study in your Bsc?
Again, note that these schools are very competitive as both are ranked between the first 4 schools in Germany and well within the top 100 in the world.
Let me give you an idea of how TUM select. you are scored currently based on
CGPA 54%-56% (let's say 54%)
Essay (a scientific writing) 30%
motivation letter: 16%

Based on the GP of 3.05/5.0 you have 61% of 54 (maximum) = 32.9%
You are left with a maximum of 46% in your essay and motivation letter combined
Now, if you score 70%, you will be given automatic admission.
if you score 60-69%, you will be called for an interview (mostly done virtually)
Anything less than 60%, will earn you a sweet "bye bye! try again next year"
So, assuming you are going for TUM, you should be hustling for at least 27.1% of 46% to qualify for interview or a whooping 37.1%of 46% to qualify for automatic admission.
Just choose more schools beyond TUM and LMU.

I hope you find it useful.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bosakelvin(m): 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
hadassaheke:
my ogas abeg mk una advise me too o, cos i bin get for canada n even sent sme mails to some schs dere bt d moni plenti......am waiting......tnx eke47 et all
some schools tuition no too high; but if ur pocket fit cover d expenses I go advise u make u try; if not follow d German train where tuition na zero for most schools except for block account wen be 8050euros or there about. if u no get d money try find some one in Germany wen go sponsor u; but he go at least 1500euro every month; d person no go get debt profile sha. like me I no know anybody for Germany; I be done deal hussle some moni so as I see dis Germany thread I come reason say dere is no better way to invest did mini than to run go Germany by God's grace go study. I no get moni for cana tins unless I hussle more . and my oga at the top here wan use work kill my enemy and he no dey pay higher. I pray I get admission for Germany by Gods grace d rest na fire down. tank God say eke and co son virus me wit did German dream.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bosakelvin(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
Eke40seven:

No fear, motivation letters come in different formats. Its not compulsory...Even more times than not, school addresses are not included. Google had given you a clue already.
DAT is my chairman na man u be God don already answer ur prayer did year just go mark it. thanks again.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 4:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
iscbaba:

Broz I sent u mesg.thx

I didn't receive any bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.