Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997585 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
tnx so much @ kelvin n eke 47. i av a b.tech in physics.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
esdajo:

I am yet to leave for Germany even though I already have my visa on my passport. In all, I do not think I made a wrong choice. As a matter of fact, my CGPA in my first degree is not too tantalizing (2.08) but I still got my admission in a private institution for my LLM which is just 18 months and the tuition I paid for the German school would have been just a semester tuition in Canada so I have no regrets whatsoever. Quality education is my main target and God will lead me from there. That certificate is my priority for now and any other thing that happens later will go according to His divine plans for me but I am satisfied I was able to get what I wanted within the means of my little resources. All I spent was about U.S$18,000 for tuition and feeding. However, that would have just been tuition fee for an 18 months program in Canada where you pay semester by semester so where do I get money for my upkeep? Bro think well. Admission no be anything to get anywhere in the world, na money be the koko!

God will see us through bro

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
@ eke47 u said smethg about essay. what is d essay abt?
or wot topic do dey request d essay for? (for TUM)
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
hadassaheke:

It's better you get such information from the school ur applying to. Eke won't be the one to determine your essay topic...

But to the best of my knowledge, the applicant simply writes an interesting essay that reflects intelligence and a passion for the selected course.

You can visit www.study-in.de for more info.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esdajo: 7:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
adenjnr:
esdajo think I saw you at the embassy on Monday.

Lol! How did you know I was the one you saw when there were many people there? Anyways, I was putting on a black shirt that looked like a clergy's (bishop) attire over a black trouser and going about with a black bag like someone from the village and I arrived late both in the morning and in the afternoon for collection. Averagely heighted (5.7), slim built, hairy and light in complexion. We were many sha o! So I no know how you take know say na esdajo you see. Tell me!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
esdajo:

Lol! How did you know I was the one you saw when there were many people there? Anyways, I was putting on a black shirt that looked like a clergy's (bishop) attire over a black trouser and going about with a black bag like someone from the village and I arrived late both in the morning and in the afternoon for collection. Averagely heighted (5.7), slim built, hairy and light in complexion. We were many sha o! So I no know how you take know say na esdajo you see. Tell me!

Lol see your description? It was a guess since you said you were there for collection on Monday and I was there for the same purpose too. I was on a white polo and blue jeans.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
hadassaheke:
Well, different departments have their different requirements and topics but it must be a scientific writing. For instance, A course that you would be eligible for ,Advanced Automation and construction requires applicants to write a minimum of 5000 words on any topic from a range of topics on their curriculum while the Sustainable Resource Management programme only requests for a 800 word long essay on one particular topic they specified.

P.S. Check their website for more details o....I don't wanna be accused of spoonfeeding.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esdajo: 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
adenjnr:

Lol see your description? It was a guess since you said you were there for collection on Monday and I was there for the same purpose too. I was on a white polo and blue jeans.

But you asked for it nau!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
Eke40seven:

Well, different departments have their different requirements and topics but it must be a scientific writing. For instance, A course that you would be eligible for ,Advanced Automation and construction requires applicants to write a minimum of 5000 words on any topic from a range of topics on their curriculum while the Sustainable Resource Management programme only requests for a 800 word long essay on one particular topic they specified.

P.S. Check their website for more details o....I don't wanna be accused of spoonfeeding.....

Lol @ spoonfeeding. . . But seriously, people should conduct personal research instead of asking for everything. Cos if they make a mistake, guess who they're gonna blame. . .
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bosakelvin(m): 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
hadassaheke:
tnx so much @ kelvin n eke 47. i av a b.tech in physics.
try and check d requirement from course website u will be applying for in tum.@eke I am about applying for computational mechanics at tum notin like essay was asked;but they asked for letter of motivation. a programme I applied for at tu hamburg did not include letter of motivation as part of their requirement; do u tink I should apply without it; or should include it despite the fact that it was not asked.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
nairalandist:

Lol @ spoonfeeding. . . But seriously, people should conduct personal research instead of asking for everything. Cos if they make a mistake, guess who they're gonna blame. . .
Lol. That's why I will never answer a question I don't know or put "my two cowries" at the end of my comments or post links.

Let me give my official disclaimer statement now...

DISCLAIMER!
I, Eke40seven accepts no liability for errors and mistakes in the content of my posts on nairaland or personal communication by emails, or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the
basis of the information provided. Most if these posts are either typed in total darkness because of Nigeria's epileptic power supply, when under the influence of alcohol or typed by the able hands of my IT servy 5 year old cousin who occasionally hacks into my account. So all users of the information are urged to carry out further research to confirm the veracity of the information given.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bosakelvin(m): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
abeg @eke abeg check my last post and answer my question. it might look somehow but I do believe in ur contribution. for the spoon feeding tin; make una still dey help us small sha; although we promise to dey carry out proper research.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
bosakelvin:
abeg @eke abeg check my last post and answer my question. it might look somehow but I do believe in ur contribution. for the spoon feeding tin; make una still dey help us small sha; although we promise to dey carry out proper research.
They probably asked for letters of recommendation in lieu of the essays (last year's guideline)
For TU Hamburg, if you have checked and it wasn't required then you can send at your discretion. If it doesn't form part of the basis for their admission decision, they will simply set it aside, no harm done.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bosakelvin(m): 10:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
Eke40seven:

They probably asked for letters of recommendation in lieu of the essays (last year's guideline)
For TU Hamburg, if you have checked and it wasn't required then you can send at your discretion. If it doesn't form part of the basis for their admission decision, they will simply set it aside, no harm done.
thanks bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 7:11am On Mar 08, 2015
Eke I have not heard from u .Pls who will help me with easy german video tutorial.make I start learning plsss
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 10:24am On Mar 08, 2015
I think a lot of guys here misunderstood my response to the guy who has d admission to Canada but less money and I need to set d records straight.

Ist of, I av Neva had reasons to regret my coming to germany. Being in Germany at this time is d best thing to av Eva happen to me and my family. I am having d best time of my life here and despite d obstacles and challenges dat come with being in Germany, it could av bin worse cus I could av being another unemployed graduate on d streets of Lagos moving around with my CV.

That been said, I see coming to Germany as a great stepping stone for me and others that are here and not a bus stop cus many things are involved. My advice to d guy was based on two factors

1 leaving certainty for uncertainty
2 the language discrimination issue we Nigerian students face here before we can integratete

If he already has a German and Canadian admission, I will tell him to come to Germany but y should he leave something half sure for one not sure.

As regards my comment to flog him if I see him in Germany, I was only trying to crack a joke and lighten things up around here cus this room is getting too tense of late due to our ogas stepping on each others toes. Love u all

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Justcul(m): 6:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
nevilbot:
I think a lot of guys here misunderstood my response to the guy who has d admission to Canada but less money and I need to set d records straight.

Ist of, I av Neva had reasons to regret my coming to germany. Being in Germany at this time is d best thing to av Eva happen to me and my family. I am having d best time of my life here and despite d obstacles and challenges dat come with being in Germany, it could av bin worse cus I could av being another unemployed graduate on d streets of Lagos moving around with my CV.

That been said, I see coming to Germany as a great stepping stone for me and others that are here and not a bus stop cus many things are involved. My advice to d guy was based on two factors

1 leaving certainty for uncertainty
2 the language discrimination issue we Nigerian students face here before we can integratete

If he already has a German and Canadian admission, I will tell him to come to Germany but y should he leave something half sure for one not sure.

As regards my comment to flog him if I see him in Germany, I was only trying to crack a joke and lighten things up around here cus this room is getting too tense of late due to our ogas stepping on each others toes. Love u all

Smh.. Bro. sometimes you don't have to explain your self too much. I can attest to 80% of your comment here about Germany to be true. The problem is that most people yet to be in Germany deceive others with false information.. and each time i read such comments, I only shake my head in disgust...

Seeing is believing, if the guy gains admission and comes arround; then, it would be left for him remember your wise saying.. for the records, i applied to seven schools last year and got turned down by five (even with my second class upper=2.0 german grading system), and at the last minutes, received 2 admissions (it was a relief).

We have guys whose finance (8k euro) has dropped considerably (eg 2,500 euro) cus they could not obtain a sustainable means of supporting their expenses on time; due to language barrier (mind u, A2 level is not even enough for you to flow in the job market here).

For some of us, God has indeed been faithful. like nevilbot, I can't exchange a canadian admission for uncertainty...

My take: @kiano, Pay your tuition fees, and process both ways (Germany & Canada), afterall, it is not immidiate you block your 8k euro.

As always.. My 2 euros grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Justcul(m): 6:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
kciano:

bros did u regret going to germany instead of canada? Do u wish u had used ur money and paid for canada .In my case I dnt hv the canada money for my livin expenses .I hv just one year tuition fee and not even living expenses and housing .and the course is 2 years

In this case, I would say come to Germany first! may God grant you admission... Amen cool
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 8:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
@Nevilbot
please ignore many post on this thread as Iit's mostly annoying.
I have notice so many assumptions from some posters here regarding to certain topic especially regarding to survival in Germany.
All I'll say is this,if you come here as a student ill-prepared and no enough funds to sustain till you get a job,don't blame the country or start shouting racism.
Let's be frank,you want to come and have a red carpet treatment you didn't get in your home country.
Hell No
styles

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
Iscbaba and connoisseur, nairaland says u sent me a mail, abeg, i no see am. Can u tell me what its about?.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 2:00am On Mar 09, 2015
Justcul:

Smh.. Bro. sometimes you don't have to explain your self too much. I can attest to 80% of your comment here about Germany to be true. The problem is that most people yet to be in Germany deceive others with false information.. and each time i read such comments, I only shake my head in disgust...

Seeing is believing, if the guy gains admission and comes arround; then, it would be left for him remember your wise saying.. for the records, i applied to seven schools last year and got turned down by five (even with my second class upper=2.0 german grading system), and at the last minutes, received 2 admissions (it was a relief).

We have guys whose finance (8k euro) has dropped considerably (eg 2,500 euro) cus they could not obtain a sustainable means of supporting their expenses on time; due to language barrier (mind u, A2 level is not even enough for you to flow in the job market here).

For some of us, God has indeed been faithful. like nevilbot, I can't exchange a canadian admission for uncertainty...

My take: @kiano, Pay your tuition fees, and process both ways (Germany & Canada), afterall, it is not immidiate you block your 8k euro.

As always.. My 2 euros grin

thanks u hv am spoken well.i am really learning here.
Like I said before .canada is very expensive and I dnt even hv the fund to dia .Their school fees is outrageous and living expenses is something else.so from my calculation germany suit my financial difficulties cos I can afford the 8k euros living expenses.so I pray I get the admission to germany and join u guys .where am only scared is dat when u tell someone u r going to germany in nigeria .He will bluntly discourage u and tel u dat it's a racist country and u wwon't get Job easily unlike canada where it's easier, just like they say
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 5:20am On Mar 09, 2015
kciano:
Eke I have not heard from u .Pls who will help me with easy german video tutorial.make I start learning plsss
I have responded to your request sir. It consist all the courses you are eligible for as a chemical Engr both your core courses and non related courses.
Good luck!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 7:53am On Mar 09, 2015
Eke40seven:

I have responded to your request sir. It consist all the courses you are eligible for as a chemical Engr both your core courses and non related courses.
Good luck!

I hvnt seen anything bro. Send it to kciano2005@gmail.com
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XketchDesigns(m): 8:28am On Mar 09, 2015
Guys please I have a very serious issue. I don't have a room/place to stay. Couldn't secure one. Please what should I do? Urgent!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 8:57am On Mar 09, 2015
kciano:

I hvnt seen anything bro. Send it to kciano2005@gmail.com
Is that so? Is your email address not changing something something @ yahoo.com?
I had so many PMs at same time so I sent you a message to reply if you were the one with that particular request on Saturday. I had sent the whole package to someone else. Let me see if I can resend to you.
XketchDesigns:
Guys please I have a very serious issue. I don't have a room/place to stay. Couldn't secure one. Please what should I do? Urgent!
Where is your school? You can start from there

use this to search for accommodation for the time being.
https://www.wg-gesucht.de/en
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 9:01am On Mar 09, 2015
Working, and at the same studying, can be a bit stressing - I'd recommend you go for Germany though. Your CGPA is good and I'm a very positive person so I strongly believe that you can ace admissions with your preferred institutes.

All the best, and remember nothing is Impossible.
kciano:
Pls brothers and sista in germany .I have read comments from Part1 till date and I also read traveling to canada thread.i need advise .Please gurus in germany should advise.
1.i hv gotten admission in canada and u hv latest 30th of this month to pay tuition fee for ist semester.i can pay for the tuiton fee but i dnt hv much funds for the rest of my fees and accommodation when u get dia.
2.i am yet to get admission in germany.
My question is dis .since i dnt hv money to finish my 2 years programe in canada but i can afford the germany since its tuition free.i heard a lot about no jobs abd racism in germany.i dnt know if I should beta use the money and apply to germany or just apply to canada so Dat when i get dia.i will sort myself out since there are plenty jobs in canada.please people in germany from ur experience.whts the best bet?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 9:43am On Mar 09, 2015
DanIndia:
Working, and at the same studying, can be a bit stressing - I'd recommend you go for Germany though. Your CGPA is good and I'm a very positive person so I strongly believe that you can ace admissions with your preferred institutes.

All the best, and remember nothing is Impossible.

I would just like to chip in here that the Canadian policy you mentioned has changed starting Jan 1, 2015 with the introduction of Express Entry Programme in Canada. I am not fully equipped with the details but I know that a lot of students in Canada have started complaining about the new policy which sort of places them in the same pool as immigrants. A lot of awareness and how to's are going on to enlighten students and prospective students on what they need to do to put themselves in good stead to be eligible to stay back after studies.

I am sure further research will reveal more.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 10:10am On Mar 09, 2015
XketchDesigns:
write to the studentenwerk of your city in Germany or go there with your luggage,they'll know you are serious.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Princebrightn(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
pls am nelson selekere i graduated from uniport with a c.g.p.a of 3.12/5.00 in geology.i applied to tuebingen,gottingen,freiburg,kiel,and bremen.pls want are my chances of been admitted.thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Princebrightn(m): 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
i also applied to the m.sc in tropical hydrogeology and environmental engineering darmstadt.....pls i really wanna knw my chances cos i must leave nigeria dis year.am 26 years old.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iscbaba: 3:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
Princebrightn:
i also applied to the m.sc in tropical hydrogeology and environmental engineering darmstadt.....pls i really wanna knw my chances cos i must leave nigeria dis year.am 26 years old.
pls let relate,I'm applying for environmental Engr.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 4:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
Princebrightn:
pls am nelson selekere i graduated from uniport with a c.g.p.a of 3.12/5.00 in geology.i applied to tuebingen,gottingen,freiburg,kiel,and bremen.pls want are my chances of been admitted.thank you
No one can give you a 100% assurance of getting admission.
Firstly, you have a GP of 3.12 which is well above 2.5 in the German grading system. On that basis you are crossed the first stage generally. Other questions are:
(i) the compatibility of the courses you have chosen (whether they are related to or compatible with your Bsc)
(ii) Did you apply with all the right and required documents and are they in the right format?
(ii) For schools that requires motivation letters, did you write an excellent motivation letter as a way to convince them of your suitability?
(iii) for those that compulsorily require language certificate even for Nigerian students, did you meet the minimum score required?
If you answer these questions perfectly, then you should look forward to at least one admission letter.
All things being equal, the more schools you apply to, the higher your chances of getting admission.

my 2 cowries!

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.