Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Welcome To My Office - Career (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (147237 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by Emperoh(m): 2:38pm On May 28, 2013
@Jarus, Ajanlekoko,

There are a few agencies that give long term contract in the Development sector.
They are basically the ones with more stable source of funding; OSIWA, Save the Children, Action Aid etc
The likes of UNDP though with a stable source of funding apportion budgets to programmes so that if there isn't any need to continue with the programme, they won't have issues laying off staff.

But that not withstanding, most of them hardly shut down programmes, at least since i came here i have only heard of programme changing direction rather being shut down. Hence i will do the interview and see what it is like.

I will keep the house updated on the result.

On another note, who's observing the growing popularity of Project management?
thinking of doing PMP exam at some point
Re: Welcome To My Office by kennyy123: 11:15pm On May 28, 2013
@tkb147
Thanks very much for the advice I really appreciate d reply but one more thing, how relevant is CIBN in finance generally? Because I already registered for it and hw long does its take too get d CFA cert? Pls reply..waiting..
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 8:50am On May 30, 2013
Emperoh: @Jarus, Ajanlekoko,

On another note, who's observing the growing popularity of Project management?
thinking of doing PMP exam at some point

Yes, also observing. In fact, mooted the idea of writing the exams sef.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 9:49am On May 30, 2013
tkb417: Hi Jarus

I can see i have some PMs (in red) in my profile but they are not in my email...i checked spam and everything.

Ki lo de?

I no be Mod again o. So not sure I know anything about that.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 8:46pm On May 30, 2013
Hey ppl,

been a while, just haven't been able to get myself to post here...

Got offered the new role in Jan, acted(without letter) for four months and got a promotion letter some weeks back, some people were let go that same day, all in the name of restructuring o...smh, that day I'm sure next to no work was done in all the locations of the company, the whole exercise made me resolve to be more strategic, of which someone said something that day: "you cant be passionate about your job if you've seen a retrenchment"...funny statement, sounds sensible at first until your brain processes the fact that it's actually an excuse not to put in your best.

I'm glad I'm no longer in maintenance now o, equipment seems to be breaking down left, right and center esp in my former section. While the proud fool inside me says "it wouldn't happen if I was still there", another part says "better thank your stars o, which english would you have spoken if it happened?"...I'm especially glad that with the way things are setup here it'll be near impossible for them to move me back to maintenance sha...I'm sooooo done with field wahala. These days fuel levels, forecasts and run hours are more my kinda thing grin

Of course the new position has its own wahala:I live in constant fear of hearing my phone ring with NGC-*** being displayed on the caller ID, had some problems with gas over the past couple of months and everytime it happens my costs for the month are ruined cry. I was set to break a record this month by delivering the lowest unit cost of Power since the begining of operation but a vandalised gas pipeline somewhere down south put paid that cry, God dey sha there is still the remainder of the year for me to break records.

Another fear is a power outage o, if the power plant goes down, the losses in production are unholy even if we restore power in less than 30mins, since production crash stopped it'll take hours to restart and ramp up

On a final note, I can see first hand how not having a working power sector is stifling the Nigerian economy...Power costs are not beans o...not in the slightest.

@My Boss

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office by kaboninc(m): 11:29am On Jun 02, 2013
Would like to know what industry you are so I can at least understand you technical terms. Am thinking its the Petroleum industry but I want you to be specific though you may not mention the name of the company. Thanks
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
kaboninc: Would like to know what industry you are so I can at least understand you technical terms. Am thinking its the Petroleum industry but I want you to be specific though you may not mention the name of the company. Thanks

Petro-kini? no o, I'm not chopping oyel money...I roll with his much poorer cousin, manufacturing. Of which, which technical terms are you referring to? me I've renounced technical terms o, these days my weapon of choice is a spreadsheet grin

@thread
Prepared my first forecast from scratch by myself, was pretty interesting...after I was done I was worried about two things:

1. that I will email it to the guy who requested it and he will rubbish it.

OR

2. that it was too realistic and if the plant failed to beat it, na so so red go fill my cost tracking sheet.

The guy seems ok with it(he's a finance guy though, what do they know tongue) as for the second fear, we'll deal with that one month by month.
Re: Welcome To My Office by omisabbey: 6:57am On Jun 05, 2013
Pls can someone in the house kindly get me the past aptitude test of Nigerian Liquedfied Natural Gas question. You can email me : oomisabbey@yahoo.com . Thanks
Re: Welcome To My Office by kaboninc(m): 7:11am On Jun 05, 2013
netotse:

Petro-kini? no o, I'm not chopping oyel money...I roll with his much poorer cousin, manufacturing. Of which, which technical terms are you referring to? me I've renounced technical terms o, these days my weapon of choice is a spreadsheet grin

Thanks for the clarification. Manufacturing or petro-kini, all join so long as you have passion, it brings you food to your table and you also enjoy it. By the way congratulations on your new promotion.

#stillfollowing# even though I may not proffer any solution.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 1:44am On Jun 18, 2013
Hey PPle,

My sleep for the rrst of the night has been killed,

Was woken up a few mins ago cause there was an outage at the power olant means the two product plants would have crash stopped, second time this month and 4th or 5th time this year, wiaiting for them to come and pick me to work to sort some stuff and mennnn I'm feeling the weight now...bigtime. Somehow I cant remember being this tense/stressed when I was in maintenance, I need to go on leave soon o...need to take time to adjust properly.

I can feel the hawks begining to circle...lol.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Emperoh(m): 9:47am On Jun 18, 2013
netotse: Hey PPle,

My sleep for the rrst of the night has been killed,

Was woken up a few mins ago cause there was an outage at the power olant means the two product plants would have crash stopped, second time this month and 4th or 5th time this year, wiaiting for them to come and pick me to work to sort some stuff and mennnn I'm feeling the weight now...bigtime. Somehow I cant remember being this tense/stressed when I was in maintenance, I need to go on leave soon o...need to take time to adjust properly.

I can feel the hawks begining to circle...lol.

Some jobs do have them. . . . . . .risks!!
How the hell am i being woken by 1am to come sort some issues? Hell to the NO!!! angry grin
Anyway, Du Courage like my french people will say. . . . better claim over time!

Na wa ooo
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 10:19am On Jun 18, 2013
Emperoh:

Some jobs do have them. . . . . . .risks!!
How the hell am i being woken by 1am to come sort some issues? Hell to the NO!!! angry grin
Anyway, Du Courage like my french people will say. . . . better claim over time!

Na wa ooo

LOL.
That's what he signed up for.
Re: Welcome To My Office by oweniwe(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2013
Good morning house. .

I would like to ask a question. . .

All the applications i've dropped are titled "APPLICATION FOR GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAMME" . . However, it feels like i'm limiting myself with that coz i know there are other entry level vacancies available that i can competently handle (e.g. Admin Assistant, ICT roles) that doesn't fall within the confines of graduate Trainee.

My confusion now is, whether to continue applying with Graduate Trainee title or apply for other roles. . e.g Admin Assistant or ICT Officer coz from what i'v seen with the HR folks, when they see the "Graduate Trainee" Title, they just shake head, put up a empty look and put aside my application without asking further questions
Re: Welcome To My Office by enesty(m): 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hello,am a serving corp member in abuja in need of an extra job.pls I woud really appreciate any huk up frm this section.I have a bsc in bio
logy science wiith an excellent ability for reserach work.this my email fredblink2003@yahoo.com,thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.