Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? (55423 Views)

Outcome Of Meeting By Fayose, Kashamu, Mimiko / 20 Things Nigerians May Experience In 2016 Under Buhari’s Govt, By Fayose / Photo: Today's Punch Front Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by nightrain(m): 11:52am On Jan 19, 2015
Association of Past Criminals headed by Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by akoraye(m): 11:52am On Jan 19, 2015
This guy's DNA needs to be checked to know if he is truly a Yoruba boy cos real yoruba son will not wish a human being like him dead! shioooor!
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by fanex: 11:53am On Jan 19, 2015
we Ekiti are going to eject you from office as soon as the 4years is finished. GEJ remains president or not so invest your money wisely.
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 19, 2015
what a st,upid idea coming from a governor?! undecided this fayose should be laid down flat, hot water poured on his back and 40strokes of horse whip given to him! angry

seriously this is the dumbest analysis I've heard in decades. shehu shagari, babangida, abdulsalam abubakar are also from the northern side but they didn't die in office! He should be careful cos wishing someone dead is as gud as wishing yourself dead.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Dbboy(m): 11:59am On Jan 19, 2015
Firmjudge:
why is that Govnr behaving like a thug.?

I thougt his boss signed an accord not to instigate violence or was he sleeping then.
EL-lrufai started this nonsense.
okuppe, guulak nd abarti took over.
Now Mr Governor.
I totally condemn this modern style of thugery.

Pha.yose read what your Oga said.

Let us not promote sectionalism, disunity,
intolerance, hate, falsehood or the malicious
abuse of political opponents. Whatever we feel or seek, we must have a nation and a people before we can dream of political ambitions. Let us put the nation and the people first.
GEJ New year speech.

this is disgusting
What a shame..!!!

This is an election its not about your emotion that's how it is played if you cant stand the fire get out the kitchen. When your cohort was assassinating GEJ character you were all happy and hailing the opposition now its the other way round you supporter of APC party are now crying or was the advert a lie that's the question you should answer.

You want me to vote some suffering from Alzheimer's dzs its not going to work no wonder those fraudulent west are smiling so they can rob is 'sick'.

Say no to the janja-weed
GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Wahala90: 12:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
[size=14pt]Save Nigeria from the islamized APC's agenda. Note that Vice President has little or no influence on the decision of a President; in that case Osibanjo may not have much to influence if these Islamists, peradventure hijack the highest position in our Nation, and thereafter roll out any agenda that undermines Christianity. Think about this:

1. Party Leader – North: Gen Muhammadu Buhari (Muslim)
2. Party Leader – South: Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Muslim)
3. National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim)
4. Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim)
5. National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah (Muslim)
6. Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim)
7. National Publicity Secretary: Lai Muhammad (Muslim)
8. National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq (Muslim)
9. National Financial Secretary: Alhaji Shaibu Musa (Muslim)
10. National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado (Muslim)
11. National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banie (Muslim)
12. National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim)
13. National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim convert)
14. EX-Officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim)
15. EX-Officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim)

Yet, these people want us to believe they are prgressives and that APC is a national party. Surely, APC has a hidden religious agenda. Be guided people! Share to all Christians you know to vote wisely. I will not want my children to live in a Nigeria where they cannot worship their GOD! Pls send to at least 10 friends who are christians.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Dbboy(m): 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
otosa:
It is truth that Musa Yar'Adua is not more but he still better than our living president.

What an irony its only in Nigeria where you are praised when you die.what yaradua are you referring to the one that couldn't even run his campaign and as soon as he took office got more sick untill he died. Tell me one national budget yaradua presided over.

You are suffering from dementia if not you wont say what you just said.
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by nimsy(m): 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
The advert is absolutely brainless. It is really stupid of him, and this is not how to get people to vote for your candidate. Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organisation should disassociate itself from this advert. And for the Punch newspaper, can they atleast show some respect for the readers too? This advert does not have to be allowed.
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by idu1(m): 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
ichidodo:
Buhari is a dead man walking ..
like your father...

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
Wahala90:
[s]Save Nigeria from the islamized APC's agenda. Note that Vice President has little or no influence on the decision of a President; in that case Osibanjo may not have much to influence if these Islamists, peradventure hijack the highest position in our Nation, and thereafter roll out any agenda that undermines Christianity. Think about this:

1. Party Leader – North: Gen Muhammadu Buhari (Muslim)
2. Party Leader – South: Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Muslim)
3. National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim)
4. Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim)
5. National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah (Muslim)
6. Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim)
7. National Publicity Secretary: Lai Muhammad (Muslim)
8. National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq (Muslim)
9. National Financial Secretary: Alhaji Shaibu Musa (Muslim)
10. National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado (Muslim)
11. National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banie (Muslim)
12. National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim)
13. National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim convert)
14. EX-Officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim)
15. EX-Officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim)

Yet, these people want us to believe they are prgressives and that APC is a national party. Surely, APC has a hidden religious agenda. Be guided people! Share to all Christians you know to vote wisely. I will not want my children to live in a Nigeria where they cannot worship their GOD! Pls send to at least 10 friends who are christians[/s].

Utter balderdash!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by waternogetemeny: 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
[size=18pt]Our message is clear, South says no to Born to Rule. South says no to Government being a Northern Industry that they plague the country will chronic violence becos power shifted for a tenure.

South says no to the imposing a sick leaders on Nigerians for the second time round by Tinubu and OBJ Southwest.We have had Yaradua, Muletala and Abacha die in office, say no to Buhari state funeral.

South says no corruption and yes corruption has decreased significantly under GEJ government as noted by Transperancy International(Global Institution) for the first time in Nigeria History.

GEJ must complete his tenure and tan agenda for all Nigeria and leave Office in 2019[/size]

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
donemperor:
Na person papa you call walking corpse?You ll grow old one day ooo hope you know.
Amen, when I am 73 I won't delve into politics knowing fully that my health is in danger.
Would you advice your father at 73 to go into politics? What does a 73 years old man want in Aso rock?
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

And u dont think you are also a corpse walking too
No I am still young, when I hit 70 and above, I will retire to my village to take care of my great grand kids.
Would you advice your grand father to continue with politics even when his health is at risk?
Rubbish
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by olak3: 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
How sure is him not even die before buhari. when does age determine when one will die? fool
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Lyoncrescent: 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Amen, when I am 73 I won't delve into politics knowing fully that my health is in danger.
Would you advice your father at 73 to go into politics? What does a 73 years old man want in Aso rock?

How Old was Nelson Mandela when he became President of South Africa ?
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by afosahid: 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Totally Unacceptable!!! Calling this an 'inciting statement' is an understatement. Useless DSS wont see this one now
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
chigo93:
and to u,ur enemies shall rejoice over ur premature death.why shld u say something lyk dis?
@ 73 It won't be a prematured death.
Blood will be on your hands if tomorrow pa Buhari dies, because you are one of those supporting an old man who is meant to have retired to continue in his quest for greed and power.
May your friends celebrate your prematured death, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
At my age
I have seen it all
Heared it all
Done it all
I just can't remember it all.
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
Clerverly:
PDP has really lost the game!

PDP should minus 2 million votes from whatever they are Expecting from D North. Fayose is Doing More harm than Good & he will surely pay for his stupidity.
Even the PDP supporters in D North will nevr support dis.
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by ephemm(m): 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Gani Fawehinmi said same thing about Yaradua, he died before Yaradua...

Fayojogbon, abi what is your name? Continue!
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Reptyle(m): 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Is that all you can see from the advert?

How about the fact that this is a potential slight on an entire part of Nigeria capable of stirring up another upheaval with attendant loss of lives and property.

How about the senseless allusion to parochial sentiments and unnecessary provocation?

Just yesterday, someone on this forum undertook a pointless pseudo-intellectual analysis on why the North did not riot in the aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo debacle in france.

Since when did we become a people who not only tolerate the shedding of blood, but wish and pray for it?

I am highly disappointed in the management of The Punch Newspaper for agreeing to publish this advertorial. With its reputation as a national newspaper, I am surprised no one on the editorial board saw this advertorial for what it really is: a cheap attempt to stir up crisis in the country that could lead to a heightened security situation and ultimately lead to the cancellation of the upcoming elections.

There is no denying the fact that there are interest groups within this country and maybe outside it, who are working on a plan to truncate the elections as a face saving measure if the elections don't go the way of the powers that be.

Otherwise, why are we going into elections as if we are going into a war?

I hope the PDP distances itself from this faux pax and condemns it in all ramifications immediately.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
sunny4life:

mr man,call a spade a spade .Are u God to determine when som1 will die?I know u as a pdp supporter and i expected u to b honourable enof to condemn this babaric act by gov fayose.How will u feel right now if u were related to these past leaders? How can a whole govnor of a state be using the death of past leaders to be playing politics? what is wrong is wrong period! chai.......d pple close to Gej are indeed his greatest enemies.
you are the person calling a spade a shovel. Both parties are wrong, this kind of campaign isnt good for Nigeria. Stop defending APC hypocritically.
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by waternogetemeny: 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
[size=18pt]NIGERIANS ARE NOT RATIONAL BUT HYPER, APC E-RATS ARE WASTING THEIR TIME..

THIS AD DON ALREADY SELL FINISH

BUHARI CAN KISS THE PRESIDENCY GOODBYE[/size]

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Buhari might outlive the sponsor(s) of that advert.
The young die & the old die, this is a ridiculous base for electioneering.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Reptyle(m): 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
waternogetemeny:
[size=18pt]Our message is clear, South says no to Born to Rule. South says no to Government being a Northern Industry that they plague the country will chronic violence becos power shifted for a tenure.

South says no to the imposing a sick leaders on Nigerians for the second time round by Tinubu and OBJ Southwest.We have had Yaradua, Muletala and Abacha die in office, say no to Buhari state funeral.

South says no corruption and yes corruption has decreased significantly under GEJ government as noted by Transperancy International(Global Institution) for the first time in Nigeria History.

GEJ must complete his tenure and tan agenda for all Nigeria and leave Office in 2019[/size]

If Buhari wins, please feel free to kill yourself or run away from the country.

Nonsense!
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by waternogetemeny: 12:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
Reptyle:

If Buhari wins, please feel free to kill yourself or run away from the country.

Nonsense!

[size=18pt]U mean if Buhari dies in power so southwest can take over. U really think the North will be fooled twice to allow that or who go follow una do that wahala again?

Quietly sit ur ass down. Sick Buhari can only win election in Niger Republic where he originated.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by sunny4life(m): 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
customized13:
you are the person calling a spade a shovel. Both parties are wrong, this kind of campaign isnt good for Nigeria. Stop defending APC hypocritically.
pls quote were i supported APC
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by PStacks(m): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
MESSAGE FROM MUHAMMADU BUHARI THIS
MORNING.
Good morning, my friends. As we continue our
relentless pace campaigning for #Change this
week, let’s reflect on the past few weeks -GMB
I have become seriously disturbed by the
volume of falsehood and desperation from the
opposition campaign of the PDP.
I clearly underrated the panic and lack of
integrity that leads people to tell barefaced lies,
and must confess, it continues to confound me.
I have run for office before, but I have
consistently done so without desperation or
anger, because elections are not war.
Why should candidates tell so many frantic lies
in order to win elections, if truly their purpose is
to ‘transform’ the lives of our people?
It is a tragedy to see the ruling party focus on
pettiness and lies; rumours of cancer, foreign
treatment, and certificates they know exist.
Hundreds, perhaps thousands of Nigerians died
in #Baga days ago. Our unemployment numbers
are rising.
The businesses of our enterprising youth are
being killed by lack of access to finance and poor
economic policies.
This campaign should be about those issues. It
should be about today and the future; about
securing Nigerian lives and Nigerian land.
The desperation is beyond my understanding.
#ThingsMustChange
What is this obsession with lies? What is this
obsession with pettiness? What is this obsession
with threats and attacks?
All of us, citizens and voters need to ask
ourselves – why is our President so desperate?
How can the President of this country be talking
about remembering phone numbers and coup
speeches?
How can his campaign be talking about dead ex-
leaders, jogging around the stadium and outright
lies about my health?
How can a President who has led this country for
six years be unable to run on his own record and
his achievements?
Where is his fabled calm, where is his reserve,
where is his composure? Why is he so ruffled?
Why is he so frustrated and afraid?
We should be deeply worried that a President
who called for calm during governorship
elections has now lost his cool in his own
elections.
Our President and his allies must remember
that he is not only a candidate for office; he is
the President of Nigeria.
We do not have a disinformation or propaganda
wing in our campaign. We have no need to waste
time in driving petty attacks.
We have not spoken about the President's
family, his health, his religion, his ethnic group,
or his phone number.
We are concerned only about his record – has he
secured Nigeria? Has he fought corruption? Has
he truly grown the economy so it can work?
Do our children find it easy to get jobs? Do our
sisters and brothers find it easy to set up and
sustain their businesses?
Can our president keep us safe when we travel
to any part of this country? Is your life better
today than it was six years ago?
We have only presented our record – how we
fought insurgencies, how we stabilized the Naira,
how we tackled corruption.
We have presented our vision and plans –
through our manifesto (available on http://
www.thisisbuhari.com/ ) and our town hall
meetings.
We are lucky to have in this election two people
who have led this country. I am proud to present
our record of solutions and effectiveness.
Imagine the accelerated growth we can now
achieve in a democracy –which the world has
seen to be the most effective way of governing
nations.
Let us focus on those issues, please. Elections
are not war. February 14 is not about politicians.
It is about our country.
I am appealing to you: the damage to this
country is great. The level of unemployment and
insecurity is intolerable, worsened by
corruption.
Therefore, I shall refuse to indulge the smear
campaign. I refuse to allow them take away the
focus from the issues that concern you.
We insist on a campaign of hope, change and the
future. This election is about big, important
issues. We refuse to play it small.
Join us as we continue the relentless pace of our
rallies in Minna and Kaduna today. #Change is
finally here, my friends. - GMB
#CountdownToChange #GMB15

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Heffalump(m): 12:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
Firmjudge:
why is that Govnr behaving like a thug.?

I thougt his boss signed an accord not to instigate violence or was he sleeping then.
EL-lrufai started this nonsense.
okuppe, guulak nd abarti took over.
Now Mr Governor.
I totally condemn this modern style of thugery.

Pha.yose read what your Oga said.

Let us not promote sectionalism, disunity,
intolerance, hate, falsehood or the malicious
abuse of political opponents. Whatever we feel or seek, we must have a nation and a people before we can dream of political ambitions. Let us put the nation and the people first.
GEJ New year speech.

this is disgusting
What a shame..!!!

BE WISE, HE SAID. PLEASE DON'T THROWAWAY THE IMPORTANT FACT. DO YOU WANT HISTORY TO REPEAT ITSELF? THOSE DYING FOR Buhari SHOULD BE WISE BY NOW. AND AGAIN, WHOEVER TELLS YOU THAT GMB WILL MAKE ANY MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE IS A CHEAP LIAR!!

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
jingh:
I saw a poster by someone who is mentally I'll.
he is wishing buhari dead

PDP and their thinking is a slap to human being.

Baba God anybody that wish death on buhari should enter 6 feet before febuhari 14

Sai buhari! grin grin
Re: Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? by Firmjudge(m): 12:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
Heffalump:

BE WISE, HE SAID. PLEASE DON'T THROWAWAY THE IMPORTANT FACT. DO YOU WANT HISTORY TO REPEAT ITSELF? THOSE DYING FOR Buhari SHOULD BE WISE BY NOW. AND AGAIN, WHOEVER TELLS YOU THAT GMB WILL MAKE ANY MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE IS A CHEAP LIAR!!

Stop misqouting me.
I am agaisnt every form of thugery assault and cursing.
But he what did is uncalled for.
That should not be hard for you to comprehend
I am Pro Jonathan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha Visits Prince Arthur Eze In Anambra (Pictures) / Adams Oshiomhole Lands In Benin Airport, Received By Supporters (Photos) / Peter Obi Two-Million-Man March In Rivers State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.