Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari (62875 Views)

Nigerian Army Releases Pictures Of Dikwa Triumph / Photos Of Buhari's Academic Records Released By Nigerian Army / Army Has Buhari’s Academic Records, But Not Original Copies Of His Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by duni04(m): 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
coogar:

i dunno why it's taken nigerians so long to figure this out. nigerians should storm the WAEC office in their millions & demand buhari's certificate. i am sure jonathan's cronies in the army stole that certificate from his file.

and if INEC isn't such a porous, corrupt organisation, they should have caught buhari pants down in his first attempt. why has it taken them this long to find out buhari may have lied in all his forms since 2003?

admit it, INEC is not competent.
Better late than never. Besides in previous elections, the candidates were only required to fill in their qualifications without attaching any documentary proof. INEC just introduced the documentary proof requirement recently, and guess who the first victim is?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by coogar: 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
pekeyim:

From what i've read the electoral act was amended just a few years ago.

Buhari swore that the "Original " of His documents are with the Military.

The Military earlier stated that they do not keep "Original " documents of Officers, they only keep "copies" i.e photocopies and said If, Buhari should request for them they'll hand him these copies.

Yday the Nigerian Army showed all the documents that were in their possession and the "WASC" was never recorded nor probably submitted and they've sent Him all the copies of Buhari's document to Him as requested.

It's not the duty of INEC to do these checks.

INEC's Job is to paste these documents and for the public to scrutinise and bring anything that's "false" to their notice. That is why these forms have been made public and pasted outside all INEC Offices across the Federation.

If you are a PDP - Journalist You can make money by digging up WASCs records of 1961, which i'm sure someone is doing.

Or if You are an APC apologist- it's to do the "Needful" to the WASCs records office. If you get me!!!

in an interview with the Punch on Jan. 4th 2015, Brig.-Gen. Olaleye said: ‘Every serving and retired Army officer has at least a copy of his certificates and credentials kept in the Nigerian Army while that same serving and retired officer has copies of those same certificates and credentials’.

why is general olaleye making a u-turn that they don't keep copies of certificates? can you not see GEJ's fingers in this conspiracy?

duni04:

Better late than never. Besides in previous elections, the candidates were only required to fill in their qualifications without attaching any documentary proof. INEC just introduced the documentary proof requirement recently, and guess who the first victim is?

victim?
how is he a victim? is there any empirical evidence buhari didn't sit or pass his WAEC in 1961?

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 21, 2015
gboss4sure:
Buhari didnt sat for any wasc exam nor does he have any certificate to show us.

I have downloaded all the documents on Premium times, the only thing I could find was a statement from his principal and I quote" I consider that he (Buhari) will pass west African school certificate" He didn't even take the exam talkless of passing. The principal just considered that he will pass.

Apc and Buhari shouldn't take us for fools.

So we should start making use of our principals recommendations instead of our certificates right? APC and Buhari is insulting us. enough is enough. I didn't spend over 15yrs in school studying hard and harder to get all my certificates for an idiott to come and tell me how certificates doesn't matter again. Thunder fire em all there

Wow! I said it yesterday that Buhari likely dropped out b4 SSCE, and it's true. The principal's letter confirms it. Buhari joined the army without SSCE. This is a serious issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by Here2BustnScrew: 1:01pm On Jan 21, 2015
gboss4sure:

I have downloaded all the documents on Premium times, the only thing I could find was a statement from his principal and I quote" I consider that he (Buhari) will pass west African school certificate" He didn't even take the exam talkless of passing. The principal just considered that he will pass.

So we should start making use of our principals recommendations instead of our certificates right? APC and Buhari is insulting us. enough is enough. I didn't spend over 15yrs in school studying hard and harder to get all my certificates for an idiott to come and tell me how certificates doesn't matter again. Thunder fire em all there
I saw that " will pass" stuff.. these guys are beautiful liars...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by Sajio(m): 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
ABUJA—As controversy continues to trail the academic qualifications of the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Major General Mohammadu Buhari, the Army, yesterday, said it was not in possession of Buhari’s credentials.

The APC presidential candidate, Major General Buhari had averred in an affidavit he deposed before an Abuja High Court that all his certificates were with the Secretary, Military Board, while submitting his Form 199A to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
But the Army, yesterday, denied being in possession of the APC candidate’s original certificates or the certified true copies.

The outgoing Director of Army Public Relations, Brigadier-General Olajide Laleye, who addressed newsmen in Abuja, said: “The Nigerian Army does not have the original copy of his (Buhari) West African Examinations Council, WAEC result or a certified true copy.”
But the APC in a swift reaction has warned that those who are bent on destroying Buhari on the basis of his certificates may end up destroying the country’s military.

The army spokesman told newsmen that what the army had and which he displayed were the information contained in the forms Buhari filled at the point of his entry into the military and some letters of recommendation by Principal of Provincial Secondary School, Katsina.

For the record

Olajide said: “Records available indicate that Major General Muhammadu Buhari applied to join the military as a Form Six student of the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina on October 18, 1961. His application was duly endorsed by the Principal of the school, who also wrote a report on him and recommended him suitable for military commission.”

The report which was shown to newsmen, read: “I recommend Muhammadu Buhari fit for military commission.”

Laleye said the briefing was n On Buhari’s result, the Principal also wrote, “I consider that he will pass Maths, English and three other subjects.” ecessitated by deluge of requests from civil society groups and the media among others, over General Buhari’s eligibility for any political office.

He said: “It is a practice in the Nigerian Army that before candidates are short-listed for commissioning into the officers’ cadre of the service, the selection board verifies the original copies of credentials that are presented.

“However, there is no available record to show that this process was followed in the 60s. Nevertheless, the entry made on the Nigerian Army Form 199A at the point of documentation after commission as an officer indicated that the former head of state obtained the West African School Certificate, WASC, in 1961 with credits in relevant subjects: English Language, Geography, History, Health Science, Hausa and a pass in English Literature.

“Neither the original copy, Certified True Copy, CTC, nor statement of result of Major General Muhammadu Buhari’s WASC result is in his personal file. What I have said here is what is contained in his service records’ personal file. We have not added or subtracted anything.”

Director, Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Olajide Laleye during the briefing
by the Nigerian Army In Abuja, yesterday.

Earlier, Brig-General Laleye, said: “Let me state clearly that the Nigerian Army holds the retired senior officer in very high esteem and respect and would not be a party to any controversy surrounding his eligibility for any political office. Suffice it to state that Major General Buhari rose steadily to the enviable rank of Major General before becoming head of state of our dear country in December 1983.”

It’s a dangerous game — APC

The APC in a statement issued in Lagos, yesterday, by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, warned that the PDP and the Jonathan administration are playing a dangerous game by allegedly trying to compromise the military in order to satisfy selfish political objectives, and urged the military, as a symbol of national unity, to beware of those who may be seeking to use it to achieve selfish and divisive ends.

The APC said the statement credited to the Director, Army Public Relations, Brig-Gen. Olajide Olaleye, at a press conference in Abuja, yesterday, that the Army is not in possession of Gen. Buhari’s certificates, is in direct conflict with what he said on January 4, 2015 on the same issue.

“In an interview with the Punch on Jan. 4, 2015, Brig.-Gen. Olaleye had said: ‘Every serving and retired Army officer has at least a copy of his certificates and credentials kept in the Nigerian Army while that same serving and retired officer has copies of those same certificates and credentials’.

“Is Brig.-Gen. Olaleye now saying that he did not make that statement? If he did, what has happened between then and now to make him to recant? It will be interesting to know what has transpired between then and now,” APC said.

The party also said that there was no evidence that the certificates of all those who joined the army in the early 1960s were verified by the selection board.

“Is he now saying that all those who were commissioned into the officer cadres in the 1960s did not have their certificates verified? Does this not confirm what we said that in trying to destroy Gen. Buhari, the PDP and the Jonathan administration will end up destroying the army as an institution? Or is it only Gen. Buhari that was commissioned into the army in the 1960s?”

The party also quoted Gen. Buhari as saying in an affidavit on November 24, 2014 that “All my academic qualification documents as filled in my presidential form, President APC/001/2015 are currently with the Secretary, Military Board as at the time of this affidavit.”

APC said: “Those who are behind the latest controversy should now tell Nigerians what happened to Gen. Buhari’s certificates between the time of his affidavit and now”.

APC said further that even if the Army now says it does not have the certificates of Gen. Buhari, he is still very qualified to run for the country’s highest office, as stipulated by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
What the constitution says— APC

The party quoted Section 131 (d) of the Constitution: “A person shall be qualified for election to the office of President if he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent”.

APC said the meaning and interpretation of “School Certificate level or its equivalent can be found in the Constitution under part IV, Section 318. In that Section, a “School Certificate or its equivalent” is defined quite succinctly thus:
(a) A Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or
(b) Education up to Secondary School Certificate Level; or a
(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent.

The party said since Brig.-Gen. Olaleye has confirmed that Gen. Buhari indeed applied to join the Army from form six, that the principal of the school he attended even attested to his suitability, and that the form he filled contained his Secondary School Certificate results, there is no scintilla of doubt about his qualification to run for president as stipulated by the Constitution.

“However, we know that the PDP and the Jonathan administration have constituted themselves into a court of law and will like nothing more than the disqualification of our candidate so they will face no challenge in next month’s election. This is wishful thinking,” it said.

APC said the PDP and the Jonathan administration should expend their energy on how to revive their floundering campaign instead of seeking the disqualification of its (APC) candidate.

On the contradictions in the statements credited to the Army spokesman, the party said: “It is true that our once globally-respected military has now been made comatose by the PDP-led Federal Government, but we believe things have not reached the level where the same military will be engaging in actions that amount to self destruction, just to satisfy some political interests.

“We believe things have not reached a level where we, as a nation, will now be giving the impression that a man who rose to become a Major-General in the Nigerian Army does not have requisite qualifications?

“What really is happening in our country if some politicians have now decided to engage in an action that will amount to dragging the military into politics, dividing an institution that is a symbol of national unity, trivializing the service of those who fought to keep Nigeria one and ridiculing the same country it is supposed to be ruling?

‘’We have said it before and will like to repeat: Enough is enough about this distraction.....

Questions for Liar..
1.... So it will be a shame to expose your General misdeeds? But will be okay to classify the president of federal republic as clueless?? a PhD holder?
2.... can you tell Nigerians why ur general preferred Affidavit to his Original document?
3. from the above contest! it's obvious your General was not having is cert. As at d time he joined Cadre...in quote ** On Buhari’s result, the Principal also wrote, “I consider that he "WILL" pass Maths, English and three other subjects.**?
4.. How do correlate the above quote with this... . **Nevertheless, the entry made on the Nigerian Army Form 199A at the point of documentation after commission as an officer indicated that the former head of state obtained the West African School Certificate, WASC, in 1961 with credits in relevant subjects: English Language, Geography, History, Health Science, Hausa and a pass in English Literature**..... a little tip... brief us on the word WILL..
5... Are you trying to confuse us with the constitution??
6.. Is buhari above the Law?
enough of the ranting and do d needful.. Buhari should come and tell Nigerians more about his credentials..!
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by chibuzz89: 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
adaweezy:
Seun, Ngwakwe front page please shame those haters
I remember in JSS 2 I missed the promotion exams because I was on admission for two weeks while others were writing exams.
My friends were sad because they felt I was going to repeat the class since I didn't write the promotion exams to JSS 3 with them.
When school resumed for the new academic session, my class teacher promoted me to the next class. The Commandant summoned her to come and defend her action.
She simply told the Commandant that I had over 75% attendance and my continuous assessment in all subjects was above 90%. If not because I was sick and on admission at the Military Reference Hospital, I would have written the exams and pass. Base on these she has no choice but to promote me to the next class. Na so I take waka go JSS 3 without any evidence abi na certificate or result sef!
In my third term in SSS 1, your's truly was involved in an accident and I was in the hospital for over three months. I did not write the promotion exams to SSS 2. When school resumed for a new session, I just waka straight to SSS 2 and kontinu from there until I finally wrote WAYEC. At least I have two tishas who can tell the Prinspa that if not because of my accident, I would have actually pass the exams that was conducted. So there is no need to hold me back. Na so e just be.
I would have spent two extra years in secondary school due to unforeseen circumstances if my tishas had not given me a special waiver allowing me to proceed to the next class, when I was unable to write promotion exams in two different occasions.
Obviously there are students who wrote the exams and were asked to repeat the class because their body temperature was below optimal level. In fairness to them, I don't know why they failed but I have come to the realisation that exams is not a true test of knowledge. Most times I hardly have time for my books until few days to the exams and after that I try to detoxify my system and forget all the stuff I have imbibed into the medulla oblongata.
In this part of the world we believe so much in paper qualifications. The Prinspa abi na Headmaster of General Mohammadu Buhari stood surety for him and based on that, he was admitted into the Army, according to a statement credited to the Director of Defence Information (DDI) where he stated that the Military do not have Buhari's certificate, after the same military have previously attested to the fact that they have his papers. I don't know what to believe again gaskiya.
What are they looking for? Is it WAYEC?
Now based on the surety by Buhari's Prinspa, he was given an all clear nod to join the military. Did he excel in service? Yes of course. He did not only rose to the rank of a Major General, he held strategic positions and even became the Head of State.
So it is really foolhardy for anyone to question Buhari's academic credentials and eligibility for election when it is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that he has more than the required qualification to run for office as President.
It is indeed a shame that the Military has allowed itself to be dragged into this needless controversy. All institutions in Nigeria has been debased and abuse under the regime of Goodluck Jonathan. The military has been struggling to redeem it's image over the protracted battle against insurgency which she has failed to bring to a logical conclusion. Allowing itself to be used by unscrupulous politicians to advance their selfish aims is another low point for the military.
I dismiss the statement credited to the DDI as partisan and call on the military high command to investigate him and mete out appropriate sanctions if he is found culpable. Our military must be insulated from abuse because we cannot afford to have "an Army of anything goes," as former Chief of Army Staff, General Salihu Ibrahim succinctly described the Army at his pulling out parade in 1994.
On a final note, even if Buhari submit Agege bread label as his certificate, we (Buharists) will vote for him!
Dazzol

BY:SONI AKOJI

You are foolish...I guess you don't know the difference btw professional exam/external exam to your regular internal school exam...even in the university,weda ur the best student student in the department if u don't write ur exam nothing for you...so don't compare your secondary school internal examination to an external/professional exam..

NB
Am not in any political party as ur explanation was an eyesore all cos you support ur political party...I pity our generation...this shows how corrupt you are...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by Sajio(m): 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
Questions for Liar..
1.... So it will be a shame to expose your General misdeeds? But will be okay to classify the president of federal republic as clueless?? a PhD holder?
2.... can you tell Nigerians why ur general preferred Affidavit to his Original document?
3. from the above contest! it's obvious your General was not having is cert. As at d time he joined Cadre...in quote ** On Buhari’s result, the Principal also wrote, “I consider that he "WILL" pass Maths, English and three other subjects.**?
4.. How do correlate the above quote with this... . **Nevertheless, the entry made on the Nigerian Army Form 199A at the point of documentation after commission as an officer indicated that the former head of state obtained the West African School Certificate, WASC, in 1961 with credits in relevant subjects: English Language, Geography, History, Health Science, Hausa and a pass in English Literature**..... a little tip... brief us on the word WILL..
enough of the ranting and do d needful.. Buhari should come and tell Nigerians more about his credentials..!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by olu77(m): 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
saasala:

Your last two paragraphs should be cast into eternal bronze and hung above every Nigerian household door post till FEBUHARI 14

You and the guy you quoted deserve 1000 likes each
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by pekeyim: 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
coogar:

in an interview with the Punch on Jan. 4th 2015, Brig.-Gen. Olaleye said: ‘Every serving and retired Army officer has at least a copy of his certificates and credentials kept in the Nigerian Army while that same serving and retired officer has copies of those same certificates and credentials’.

why is general olaleye making a u-turn that they don't keep copies of certificates? can you not see GEJ's fingers in this conspiracy?

If they don't keep copies How did He manage to show us those ones He did Yday.

"We do not keep Originals " we only keep copies. and they've provided us with the "copies" they have. and from all indication, since Buhari managed to join based on His Principal's recommendation, I doubt if He eventually sat for the WASC.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by dennismukoro(m): 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
question that need answer WERE IS THE 1 COPY OF WASC ENCLOSED?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by saasala(m): 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
olu77:

You and the guy you quoted deserve 1000 likes each
I really am flattered. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by eaglechild: 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
MadCow1:
The Nigerian Army has really fallen to new depths..

Would the U.S Army ever come out in Public to make such unguarded statements about a U.S Army General? undecided

The Nigerian Army has really lost its professionalism.

Something about this press briefing just doesn't speak well about the Nigerian Army.
Welcome to the FOI bill.

No more suppression of the press like in the days of Buhari.

Fresh air enjoy it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by coogar: 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
pekeyim:

If they don't keep copies How did He manage to show us those ones He did Yday.

"We do not keep Originals " we only keep copies. and they've provided us with the "copies" they have. and from all indication, since Buhari managed to join based on His Principal's recommendation, I doubt if He eventually sat for the WASC.

he did & he passed the subjects he claimed to have passed. at least this document released by the army follows that logic.

they said according to form 199A, the documentation presented by buhari after commission indicated he passed those subjects during his exams. his missing document is a conspiracy. a big one manufactured by PDPricks.
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by sheeshakay(f): 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
Trailblazer1:
I pity that guy above me.

Can you allow a doctor without qualification to carry out a surgery on you?

Buhari should be stripped of all his honours and sent to jail for deceiving Nigerians since 1961. :-/
if dat doctor has more experience than dat doctor who has more qualifications but lacks experience! y not
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by Gideonmi(m): 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
adaweezy:
I remember in JSS 2 I missed the promotion exams because I was on admission for two weeks while others were writing exams.
My friends were sad because they felt I was going to repeat the class since I didn't write the promotion exams to JSS 3 with them.
When school resumed for the new academic session, my class teacher promoted me to the next class. The Commandant summoned her to come and defend her action.
She simply told the Commandant that I had over 75% attendance and my continuous assessment in all subjects was above 90%. If not because I was sick and on admission at the Military Reference Hospital, I would have written the exams and pass. Base on these she has no choice but to promote me to the next class. Na so I take waka go JSS 3 without any evidence abi na certificate or result sef!
In my third term in SSS 1, your's truly was involved in an accident and I was in the hospital for over three months. I did not write the promotion exams to SSS 2. When school resumed for a new session, I just waka straight to SSS 2 and kontinu from there until I finally wrote WAYEC. At least I have two tishas who can tell the Prinspa that if not because of my accident, I would have actually pass the exams that was conducted. So there is no need to hold me back. Na so e just be.
I would have spent two extra years in secondary school due to unforeseen circumstances if my tishas had not given me a special waiver allowing me to proceed to the next class, when I was unable to write promotion exams in two different occasions.
Obviously there are students who wrote the exams and were asked to repeat the class because their body temperature was below optimal level. In fairness to them, I don't know why they failed but I have come to the realisation that exams is not a true test of knowledge. Most times I hardly have time for my books until few days to the exams and after that I try to detoxify my system and forget all the stuff I have imbibed into the medulla oblongata.
In this part of the world we believe so much in paper qualifications. The Prinspa abi na Headmaster of General Mohammadu Buhari stood surety for him and based on that, he was admitted into the Army, according to a statement credited to the Director of Defence Information (DDI) where he stated that the Military do not have Buhari's certificate, after the same military have previously attested to the fact that they have his papers. I don't know what to believe again gaskiya.
Now based on the surety by Buhari's Prinspa, he was given an all clear nod to join the military. Did he excel in service? Yes of course. He did not only rose to the rank of a Major General, he held strategic positions and even became the Head of State.
So it is really foolhardy for anyone to question Buhari's academic credentials and eligibility for election when it is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that he has more than the required qualification to run for office as President.
It is indeed a shame that the Military has allowed itself to be dragged into this needless controversy. All institutions in Nigeria has been debased and abuse under the regime of Goodluck Jonathan. The military has been struggling to redeem it's image over the protracted battle against insurgency which she has failed to bring to a logical conclusion. Allowing itself to be used by unscrupulous politicians to advance their selfish aims is another low point for the military.
I dismiss the statement credited to the DDI as partisan and call on the military high command to investigate him and mete out appropriate sanctions if he is found culpable. Our military must be insulated from abuse because we cannot afford to have "an Army of anything goes," as former Chief of Army Staff, General Salihu Ibrahim succinctly described the Army at his pulling out parade in 1994.
On a final note, even if Buhari submit Agege bread label as his certificate, we (Buharists) will vote for him!
DazzoI AKOJI
huh watin I fit du dis poster ooooo.gud oya gimme ya acct number....na joke too.u du well ...feBUHARI
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by duni04(m): 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
coogar:

victim?
how is he a victim? is there any empirical evidence buhari didn't sit or pass his WAEC in 1961?
Oga\madam but you saw the recommendation from Buhari's principal saying he "will" not he "has" completed his WAEC. Means as at the time Buhari enlisted in the military, he hadn't passed his WAEC. Its possible that the military is trying to cover its own back by covering the fact that Buhari got enlisted through the backdoor and with the recommendation of his principal instead of a School certificate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by ichidodo: 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
Why is Buhari reluctant to show Nigerians his WAEC? For how long do we have to ascertain his culpability to a crime committed under oath?? Why do we want to enthrone fraudsters,illiterates and hypocrites in office?? This isn't question about Buhari but it is a question of doing the right thing to move this great nation forward.If you say you are anticorrupt let your past records speak for you and not PR teams and paid image laundrers.......Nigerians are tired of those who speak from both sides of their mouths which means you are no better if not worse than what we have on ground. The devil we know is better than the hypocritical angel we don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by Fezchima: 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
Mr Akoji,
1. Do you think it is relevant to insist on minimum requirement for any position whether elective or appointment? Shouldnt we do away with requirement and push everybody in.

2. Again does it make sense you use the fact that one planned a coup and succeeded as a qualification or an indication of being qualified?

I am old enough when Mr Buhari overthrew the govenment of Nigeria more than 30yrs ago and there are quite a few people who believe that his regime was the most disastrous regime locally and internationally.

If you understand political growth, we will not be here and having this discussion, if politicians were left to make their mistakes and correct themselves. There is no way our dearly beloved country will be the way it is today. Younger elements would have seen a better country.

At 72 you think this guy should eat his cake and have it? Really. If you are not ambidextrous or left handed can you learn how to use left hand at 40+? I dont think so.

Mr Chima

adaweezy:
Dazzol

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by coogar: 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
duni04:

Oga\madam but you saw the recommendation from Buhari's principal saying he "will" not he "has" completed his WAEC. Means as at the time Buhari enlisted in the military, he hadn't passed his WAEC. Its possible that the military is trying to cover its own back by covering the fact that Buhari got enlisted through the backdoor and with the recommendation of his principal instead of a School certificate.

"he will pass WAEC" is not any different from reference letters we get that we would be of best behaviour. this does not prove he didn't sit for the exams.
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by pekeyim: 1:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
coogar:

he did & he passed the subjects he claimed to have passed. at least this document released by the army follows that logic.

they said according to form 199A, the documentation presented by buhari after commission indicated he passed those subjects during his exams. his missing document is a conspiracy. a big one manufactured by PDPricks.

No now they said in the form "He" Buhari filled, He wrote those subjects but never submitted any document to back that.

It's not so Hard, I'm sure if someone Should as me for My Certificate which I truely have, I'll make it available immediately.

Truth be told. He doesn't have it.
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by Sajio(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
Adminisher:
There is no case here. All the documents with the Nigerian Army proves it. The man was educated to WASC level, joined the Nigerian Army voluntarily and was accepted on the recommendation of his school principal (a British man), attended many courses and obtained a PSC in India. Further advanced trainings in the US.
There is no case. This is a professional military officer.
Questions for YOU
1.... So it will be a shame to expose your General misdeeds? But will be okay to classify the president of federal republic Nigeria as clueless?? a PhD holder?
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by OLUJAY4REAL: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
[quote author=joan1 post=29990469][/quote]

I think the fact has been twisted by some media outfits. The Army has never reversed its position has alleged. What was earlier said was that they had records of officers that passed through Nigerian military trainings (and that individuals had the original copies of their respective certificates) The fact is that on checking through record no copy of his O'L certificate was there. There was a form where he filled in that he had credits in some O'L subjects and also a note of recommendation by his secondary school principal while still in form 6. The story implied that he was admitted into the military based on his principal's recommendation 'cos he was yet to write his O'L final exam then. The questions are: Did he eventually complete his O'L? If he did, where is the evidence - the certificate or even the photocopy? He can go back to that school if it still exists or the body that conducted the O'L exam that he wrote. I don't think proving that someone has acquired a certificate should be difficult if one really did. The whole thing is becoming too shady!!!
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by duni04(m): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
coogar:

"he will pass WAEC" is not any different from reference letters we get that we would be of best behaviour. this does not prove he didn't sit for the exams.

Ok where is the WAEC result to prove that he eventually did pass the exam? Let's even forget the fact that he got into the military without it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by coogar: 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
pekeyim:

No now they said in the form "He" Buhari filled, He wrote those subjects but never submitted any document to back that.

It's not so Hard, I'm sure if someone Should as me for My Certificate which I truely have, I'll make it available immediately.

Truth be told. He doesn't have it.

it begs the question - why would buhari lie about his documents as far back as 1961? christ - he was just about 18 then. you mean people could make fake claims and just walk into nigerian army without proper verification?

the 60s cannot be compared to the level of moral decadence that obtains today. WAEC should come out and clear this air. nigerians deserve to know the truth about this, politics aside.

duni04:

Ok where is the WAEC result to prove that he eventually did pass the exam? Let's even forget the fact that he got into the military without it.

WAEC should present that.....
the fact that a man lost his certificate does not prove he never had one.
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by MAYOWAAK: 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
I insist I have A Certificate - Buhari
Live In Kano;
Press Statement by General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, on the School Certificate Issue
Good Morning , Gentlemen of the Press. I only consented to address you this morning because of the genuine concern expressed by many supporters and other well-meaning Nigerians that the issue be addressed. Otherwise, I would have dismissed it for what it is—sheer mischief and would not have considered it an issue worth the nation’s while. I had assumed all along that all my records were in the custody of the Military Secretary of the Nigerian Army. Much to my surprise, we are now told that although a record of the result is available, there are no copies of the certificates in my personal file. This is why I formally requested my old school the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina [which is now known as Government College, Katsina] to make available the school’s copy of the result of the Cambridge/West African School Certificate. This will be made available to the press the moment this is available. However, before we obtain that, let me say for the record that I attended Provincial Secondary School, Katsina. I graduated in 1961 with many prominent Nigerians, including General Shehu Yar’adua, former chief of staff at the Supreme Headquarters, and Justice Umaru Abdullahi, a former President of the Court of Appeal. We sat for the University of Cambridge/WASC Examination together in 1961, the year we graduated. My examination number was 8280002, and I passed the examination in the Second Division. And although the ruling party may want to wish this away, the issue in this campaign cannot be my certificate which I obtained 53 years ago. The issues are the scandalous level of unemployment of millions of our young people, the state of insecurity, the pervasive official corruption which has impoverished our people and the lack of concern of the government for anything other than the retention of power at all costs. Thank you very much. General Muhammadu Buhari
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by PBundles(m): 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
If I dream of having sex but never really had it, am I still a virgin? cheesy grin cheesy grin

This certificate thing is getting interesting. If one cannot be honest about obtaining a certificate or not how can he be honest about anything else since it could mean that he may have entered the Army under false pretense and anywhere in the world would mean that your degrees obtained using false pretense are void. To be honest, its a small issue but for someone who CLAIMS to be honest, this doesnt look good. He also stated that he UPLOADED it when applying as a candidate, well I think we can all agree that cant be true since he later claimed he didnt have a copy, which is possible but what was uploaded.

On the other hand when one hears the First lady speak, you wonder the true value placed on certificates. As far as I know Bill Gates or Zuckerberg never graduated. Just saying.
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by cococandy(f): 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
Are you kidding me?

He considered 'he would pass'?
Why didn't he just go ahead and take the exams to prove that he would have passed instead of using his uncle AKA school principal to get into the army via backyard way?

Nonsense

gboss4sure:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
D man has contested 3times already y is dis an issue now. Was INEC sleeping den.
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by duni04(m): 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
coogar:

it begs the question - why would buhari lie about his documents as far back as 1961? christ - he was just about 18 then. you mean people could make fake claims and just walk into nigerian army without proper verification?

the 60s cannot be compared to the level of moral decadence that obtains today. WAEC should come out and clear this air. nigerians deserve to know the truth about this, politics aside.

WAEC should present that.....
the fact that a man lost his certificate does not prove he never had one.
Or buhari should request for it?
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by leo1234(m): 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
adaweezy:
Dazzol

WAEC is a certificate examination and is different from school internal exams.
If you miss waec for any reason the only option is to take the exam the following year.
Can you be admitted into the university with your teachers recommendation
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
It is only in Nigeria that the army sings like a drunk bird. No military in the world would divulge information listed as confidential. This shows that there is a big fish finger pulling some dirty strings somewhere. This is the kind of dirty politics that makes me puke and curse the day PDP came into existence. The army has made 2 contradictory statements in just a matter of days and nobody sees this? First they said the army keeps copies of all records and qualifications and now they turn around and say they couldnt find buharis records in his file. DOES THIS NOT WREAK OF ESPIONAGE TO ANYONE? This means the records were in his file but suddenly they no longer are.

Like cooger said Jonathans corrupt allies in the military must have taken them out of his file and this must be investigated. The question i must ask is who started this certificate rumor in the first place. Get to this person and you are not far from the truth of what happened to buharis records. I wish i was a top officer in the Nigerian intelligence i would have cracked this in 2 shakes.

Last shot: I cant believe i am actually on the same team as cooger especially since our royal rumble here on NL sometime back. APC does make change happen!!
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari by duni04(m): 1:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
Reolam:
D man has contested 3times already y is dis an issue now. Was INEC sleeping den.
Apparently they were but now that they're awake, Buhari is in trouble, big trouble!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

IPOB Members Searching Buses For Hausas To Kill In Aba (Video) / Osinbajo Goes To Buy Ice Cream After Shettima Said He Should Sell Ice Cream / How Ejike Mbaka Disappeared And Reappeared In A Motorcade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.