Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives (41283 Views)

Man Curses Out Families Who Squander Money Sent Home By Relatives Living Abroad / Relatives Turning Us Into Their World Bank / My Horrible Experience When My Relatives Came To Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Champele(m): 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
I spend six months in prison for swissland before i could be able to make call from prison.Could you believe that on top my situation i have to send 50k for my granny's burial.Im still baffled at that.

11 Likes

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by judekoffi(m): 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]I will deliver to your door step pine apples Carrots apples banana oranges pawpaws vegetables in GENERAL BUHARI GMB.
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by KanwuliaJara: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2015
iykedare:

Exactly my point. You don't have. Stop the lies. kiss kiss

I nor get!
Na Transcorp bed I get the money!!!
My sugar daddy paid the money!!!

Mumu!!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by KanwuliaJara: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2015
tellwisdom:

650k in 12 years?? ...Are you poor?? sad

You must be MOHAMED BUHARI with fake 1961 WASCC for sure!
You nor fit read? grin

Oya. . . . .
Divide it by 12.
How much GEJ driver dey receive with all im private jets? cheesy
Highest e go dash you ogogoro! Finish!!! grin
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by BERNHARDT(m): 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
Thanks for this info , i will pass this info to my neighbours who are beginning to wonder how family pressure can send five able hard working men to jail.
L2CD766:

oh alsjeblieft!!! have you stopped to ask yourself the psychological foundation, present and futuristic projections they have placed on family members. A whole lot of them, I mean plenty!! make a mountain of unrealistic promises before leaving, they promise to break down shackles and build ELDORADO castles within days, on arriving they begin sending subtle message that they have begun living the good life through their pictures and posts on social media. and last of all is greed, the persevering want of change of status, and the ability to show off. When next a nigerian lands in jail, it is not because of family pressure, psychology, sociological want of class change, and greed are at work

een mooie dag verder

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by tellwisdom: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Divide it by 12.
How much GEJ driver dey receive with all im private jets? cheesy
Highest e go dash you ogogoro! Finish!!! grin

tongue cheesy
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by iykedare(m): 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

I nor get!
Na Transcorp bed I get the money!!!
My sugar daddy paid the money!!!

Mumu!!!! grin

mentally impaired loudmouth. kiss kiss kiss grin grin

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by JayJustus(m): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2015
tellwisdom:

she meant all the 5 kids they had were under 12 years..lol...or am I mistaken?
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by francdec4(m): 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
I came back to Nigeria last November from Texas and till today some people around me at home still carry face because they feel what i got for them was not enough. i had to make sure i got for everyone and even shared some of my own personal items to satisfy all but yet some people still feel it wasnt enough. Bro my advise do your best and dont mind what anyone says. some even started estimating how much i earn in the US as a doctor and comparing to what i gave them lol.

When by chance you happen to make your way out of nigeria and start to make a living abroad some relatives of yours make life not one to be enjoyed here are some of the common ones

Letter of invitation: if you per chance become a full citizen you become inundated with lots of requests. Everyone wants a letter of invitation.

Finance: This is the most annoying. Everybody expects you to be super rich once you live abroad,you keep being asked for money for saundry things that could well have easily been taking care of without your knowledge. Take for instance if you live in america and you earn 700$ a week after paying all your bills and sending money home you have very little savings,you can't afford luxury things for yourself

Spiritual attacks (winch)
Like m.I says 'bad belle is allowed' but the one from people in the villa is too much. Most people won't live and let live they keep looking for whose life to destroy.once you go abroad even if your a janitor who barely makes a living they still send bullets to u

Gift: when during xmas period you see a black person carrying a lot of gifts in his/her trolley that person is probably a nigerian. You buy things for everybody ranging from your siblings to your father's nephew's cousin's sister's stepson's gateman. Everybody must get something or the person woulrd start to spew trash about you

These are some of the ones I know of if you have ever been in this position feel free to add yours[/quote]
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2015
Don't even pray to have a relative in the uk, those wants can beg till they run you down.

Come back to naija if you don't have anything doing
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2015
Champele:
I spend six months in prison for swissland before i could be able to make call from prison.Could you believe that on top my situation i have to send 50k for my granny's burial.Im still baffled at that.
Were you into drugs? Why were you in prison?
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by mattkelly: 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
egariyi:

Well said. I think its more of a habit for some people to always beg. Some of these people may have made so much than you but will not save for the rainy day. At the slightest pressure, they result to begging and if you say you dont have, you are termed 'wicked' and 'stingy'. I have a friend that begged me money to add up to buy a plot whom I turned down due to a recent major expenditures at that time, she termed me 'wicked friend' and stopped calling. She said that of all her rich friends, am the only one that refused to help her even though shes been helped before. cry see me see gbege ooo

Yes ohh..You nailed the nail on the head..Yes on the head
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by ehigie(m): 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
Barselonia:
Were are my France people...... is it true... Because here in ghana ,We don't experience such....
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by JayJustus(m): 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
They don't even bother us...hahaha...my sister and I are like masquerades to em...my parents and siblings that's all! they are the ones that sweat to put me on that flight so noone gon reap where they didn't sow...k,thx,bye!

2 Likes

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by KanwuliaJara: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2015
iykedare:

mentally impaired loudmouth. kiss kiss kiss grin grin

I love you tooooooo!!!
*that toto pisssshure from last year still dey "SME-SMERIZE" some boys for this NL. . . .muchechecheche!!!! notin like the "scent" of an old, maaaaaaaaad pooosie i tell ya* grin
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by swezenberg(m): 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
ijechikky:
Weda na my broda,fada or evn fiancee dey abroad na large expectations o!
i no send any1........

You might even better off than the guy over there. Listen to this https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204755091134734
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by ehigie(m): 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
Abeg make I use star take digest this post.

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Champele(m): 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
3cycle:

Were you into drugs? Why were you in prison?
i was illegal immigrant just like many of your brothers over there.

4 Likes

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by channelz: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
AJOT99:
Hmm....
how do I know you're for real
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by ehigie(m): 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2015
Abeg make I take star lager take digest this post.

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by alaladakosta(f): 3:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
We all face this problem, I just tire. Bn living America for years now, scared of going home. Cus I know much is solo expected of me. And honestly I don't how to satisfy them. Calls every day, money for this money for that, one of my friend ask money to abort his girlfriend pregnancy. Just imagine that.

4 Likes

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by ehigie(m): 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2015
The truth is that, if can give, give without thinking of what the receiver is thinking or receiver's motive for asking. Buy if u nor get to give, abeg my akatarians,nor do pass urself.
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2015
There's nothing like spiritual attack/winch, my cousin came home from Europe and was sick, for his family to take him to hospital they refused because they made up their mind it was winch, he later died, pls you are in developed world while still thinking like village man?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by ehigie(m): 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
alaladakosta:
We all face this problem, I just tire. Bn living America for years now, scared of going home. Cus I know much is solo expected of me. And honestly I don't how to satisfy them. Calls every day, money for this money for that, one of my friend ask money to abort his girlfriend pregnancy. Just imagine that.

That one na one chance motor u enter so(lol)
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by nutislim(m): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
Space booked. This FP se koko. Now let me go read and den comment.

Ryt, OP. The mindset of Nigerians is that, all people living abroad are rich and must provide for the people that they left behind.
Me nitemi, if i go abroad, Na only my parents go know how to contact me u wnt knw hw they'll get ur contact oo
Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Futureprexdent1: 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
U can imagine a friend asking me to send him money for him to go n collect his school result. When i asked him how much he need for d collection of the result... He said about 200 n something thousand naira. May God help us!

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
studio14:
There's nothing like spiritual attack/winch, my cousin came home from Europe and was sick, for his family to take him to hospital they refused because they made up their mind it was winch, he later died, pls you are in developed world while still thinking like village man?

Thank you! Nigerians need to grow up. The world has moved beyond witches and witch hunt. People suffer all kinds of ailments even in advanced countries but they don't blame it on village witches.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by greall1: 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
I always do my best & leave the rest one thing I believe givers never lack.

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by delishpot: 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
tellwisdom:

Eh 650k in 2years..Is she not still poor??

My dear, being " poor" as you put it is not a crime. I know wealthy peopke like you exist but biko dont insult the poor because you are rich.
You can extend your wealthy arms and give that family the #1.2 million and while at it send me like €350,000. I know you can do it.

2 Likes

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by MIB1(m): 4:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
tellwisdom:

Guy please burn ur certificate and go back to school. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by teeghurl(f): 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Too much BEGGING from the BOTTOMLESS PITS! angry
Like you are packing money abroad.

I dash one couple with 5 children under 12 years N650,000 2 years ago, last year dem ask for N1.2Million. shocked
I just delete dem #s sharp-sharp.
Na me say make dem open nyansh and blokos dey born-born like termites?
Mtcheeeeeeew!
inflation things grin

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives by delishpot: 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2015
BERNHARDT:
Five Nigerians rented and lived in one appartment in our building here in Germany,they are really hard working guys i must confess,after two years of intimate friendship with the neighbours ,just like a dream they all started ending up in jail, as a good friend i always visit them and when i ask each of them seperately why he did this or that, they all have the same story family pressure, i can't believe that at this time and age some people still allow themselves to be pushed to the wall by family or friends, now in jail are their people not living their life ? Africans stop acting as if you are God who gives life and sustains your people, every one lives with or without you

Exactly. Its this I must "shine" as my family expects mentality that is making a lot of our people abroad to mess up. The moment you plan to go home, you know that everyone is expecting something from you. From the uncles uncles wife to the great grand aunts aunty. Worse part is, they do not need small money o. Tgey want you to start a business for them, they want you to train their kids, they want you to renovate their homes etc etc. Well, I blame those abroad some times sha. If you make it clear that you dont have, no one will insist you give tHem. Its in a bid to show that you are not surffering abroad that make people give and give and the request list keeps getting longer.
I give if and when I caN. Never said no to a request I know I can help but when I cant, I makebit clear that I cant and just move on. I cant kill myself na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This / Fifteen Stupid Things A Wife Can Do To Mess Up Her Marriage!!! / Friends Mourn As 26-year-old Lady Dies Months After Her Wedding. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.