Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why (10688 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by DeBlunt: 11:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
Culture and tribe ain't no barrier, love and understanding is all that matters. Singing "magic" by coldplay.... #exits
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 31, 2015
Y not if not, I cn marry frm anywhere except igbo and I cn marry or love to marry a yoruba man
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 31, 2015
zaragal:
Y not if not, I cn marry frm anywhere except igbo and I cn marry or love to marry a yoruba man
why not igbo and why yoruba
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 31, 2015
Ipledge:
why not igbo and why yoruba

Yoruba my vision, I was already given the name "olanrewaju" igbo?? Dey re distraction frm the start
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by ronald4lif(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2015
zaragal:

Hey Zaragal, good a.m. Please what are your reasons for not wanting to marry an Igbo. I will like to know. Thanks
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

Hey Zaragal, good a.m. Please what are your reasons for not wanting to marry an Igbo. I will like to know. Thanks

I don't knw sha, igbo guys irritates most esp fair guys, Ew! I always want to throw up maybe because am fair! Anyways I don't knw y but anything I discover a guy is igbo it's a total turn off for me....i jst lost interest all of a sudden..i don't knw y, I hav nothing against dem but I barely dated an gbo guy, all my ex re wonderful yorubas...osun, ondo, ogun (ijebu, abeokuta), etc
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by ronald4lif(m): 9:54am On Jan 31, 2015
zaragal:

I don't knw sha, igbo guys irritates most esp fair guys, Ew! I always want to throw up maybe because am fair! Anyways I don't knw y but anything I discover a guy is igbo it's a total turn off for me....i jst lost interest all of a sudden..i don't knw y, I hav nothing against dem but I barely dated an gbo guy, all my ex re wonderful yorubas...osun, ondo, ogun (ijebu, abeokuta), etc

Okay. I was curious to know if there was something particular you don't like about Igbos. But it seems there's none and your choice of who to date or not is yours alone and I respect that. Thanks
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
zaragal:

Yoruba my vision, I was already given the name "olanrewaju" igbo?? Dey re distraction frm the start
so you like yoruba name,that's very cute...I can give u a name
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Wuuworld(m): 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
zaragal:

....ALL YOUR EX ARE WONDERFUL YORUBAS,then what happened,why didn't one of them walk u to the altar....are they just coming to have a share of ur heavenly bouquet and go?.....why so much EX sweetie?

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by tpiah01: 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
that was funny though.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by tpiah01: 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
Ipledge:
i get eyes on one igbo girl,one benin girl and on two whites

you alone?

are you a polygamist?

anyway, @ topic

it would be very difficult.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by tonychristopher: 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
enkay4love:
Why do u guys always attribute the area of sexual prowess to the Efiks besides other attributes? Abeg make I hear word mbok!

Mbong your right but calabar is also on point
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2015
So funny u asked that question, wont work. Im south african and my man is yoruba nd years later im realising how different we are. Hes driving me insane with his jealousy. Isit a nigerian thing?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2015
tpiah01:

you alone?

are you a polygamist?

anyway, @ topic

it would be very difficult.
na one I go take,out of em
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by tpiah01: 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2015
which one?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
Wuuworld:
....ALL YOUR EX ARE WONDERFUL YORUBAS,then what happened,why didn't one of them walk u to the altar....are they just coming to have a share of ur heavenly bouquet and go?.....why so much EX sweetie?

Excuse me? Do u marry everybody u date? Does everybody dat u got into a relatnship wit suppose to end u to marriage, besides who says I was ready for marriage....and abt d bouquet or wateva u knw wat u mean and responsible for that, for I say is wat am responsible for and I didn't mention anythn lyk that u re free to think anythn having ex doesn't mean it's a thousand it's jst 3guys hav been serious wit my whole life so wat much re u talking about?..beside non of them hav carnal knowledge of me less I forget to add, u gav to change hw u reason dear...all gals re not the same undecided
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
Ipledge:
so you like yoruba name,that's very cute...I can give u a name

Yh feel free inasmuch it's yoruba grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
ronald4lif:

Okay. I was curious to know if there was something particular you don't like about Igbos. But it seems there's none and your choice of who to date or not is yours alone and I respect that. Thanks

Thnx sugar, am not tribalist ooo...am jst me
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
katzz:
So funny u asked that question, wont work. Im south african and my man is yoruba nd years later im realising how different we are. Hes driving me insane with his jealousy. Isit a nigerian thing?

Not a Nigerian tin but a man's tin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Wuuworld(m): 10:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
zaragal:

Excuse me? Do u marry everybody u date? Does everybody dat u got into a relatnship wit suppose to end u to marriage, besides who says I was ready for marriage....and abt d bouquet or wateva u knw wat u mean and responsible for that, for I say is wat am responsible for and I didn't mention anythn lyk that u re free to think anythn having ex doesn't mean it's a thousand it's jst 3guys hav been serious wit my whole life so wat much re u talking about?..beside non of them hav carnal knowledge of me less I forget to add, u gav to change hw u reason dear...all gals re not the same undecided
All girls are not the same,is ur name all girls?....My dear,if ur pattern of dating is strictly NO SEX,then forget about having igbo dude,we don't go to london to snap pictures.....

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 31, 2015
Wuuworld:
All girls are not the same,is ur name all girls?....My dear,if ur pattern of dating is strictly NO SEX,then forget about having igbo dude,we don't go to london to snap pictures.....

Seriously?..is sex everything in life?...and who was looking for igbo dudes, dey re total turn off for me. am an akwaibom gal and I ll rather stick to the yoruba guys I think dey hav better understanding to sex, life and everything..dey don't force u to sex, dey respect ur decision and dey re jst cool wit hw u roll..provided u re faithful, loving and always dere..i mean dats all dat matters not sex!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 31, 2015
zaragal:

Yh feel free inasmuch it's yoruba grin
i will give u my sister name "Omowumi"
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by ronald4lif(m): 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2015
zaragal:

Thnx sugar, am not tribalist ooo...am jst me

Okay good to know, maybe you would have a different perception when my good igbo brothers handle you smiley
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 01, 2015
ronald4lif:

Okay good to know, maybe you would have a different perception when my good igbo brothers handle you smiley

Lolzzzzz...... grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by ronald4lif(m): 12:56am On Feb 01, 2015
zaragal:

Lolzzzzz...... grin grin

You never sleep ni
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by tpiah01: 3:27am On Feb 01, 2015
zaragal:

having ex doesn't mean it's a thousand it's jst 3guys hav been serious wit

you mentioned four people though.

zaragal:

all my ex re wonderful yorubas...osun, ondo, ogun (ijebu, abeokuta), etc
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 01, 2015
tpiah01:

Hw did I mention four pple??...I called 3 states, the ijebu or abk am not certain which of the LGA but BTW the 2, so I didn't mention 4 pple

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by ChristyG(f): 10:34am On Feb 01, 2015
zaragal:

Seriously?..is sex everything in life?...and who was looking for igbo dudes, dey re total turn off for me. am an akwaibom gal and I ll rather stick to the yoruba guys I think dey hav better understanding to sex, life and everything..dey don't force u to sex, dey respect ur decision and dey re jst cool wit hw u roll..provided u re faithful, loving and always dere..i mean dats all dat matters not sex!!
correct girl,u are on point.
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by khia: 10:51am On Feb 01, 2015
Ipledge:
do you have straight hair?

My hair is wavy, why do you ask?
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by tonychristopher: 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
mhyra:
The last thing on my mind is marrying someone from my state. . . So help me God!

What's the mame of your statw
Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by tonychristopher: 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
tpiah01:

For all your ex to be Yoruba why did they not marry you. Something is wrong somewhere

Spill it out

Beside that for a man that doesn't give a damn how you roll the man is taking you for a ride

Every man that loves a woman is very protective of her . No man wants waka waka

Re: Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why by tonychristopher: 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
ronald4lif:

She said that a Yoruba man will give her the freedom
She desires .she wants a man that can just be there to watch her galivant without asking questions

Well her reasons are cogent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am In Love With Misspicy / I Slept With A Girl On The 2nd December 2020 / Naija Lady Mistakely Upload Her S@x Tape With A Naija Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.