Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

A Wife's Greatest Weapon. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Wife's Greatest Weapon. (12208 Views)

See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day / What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / A Husband's Greatest Weapon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 11:39am On Jan 27, 2015
anthoniaz:

If that's a compliment, thanks.
its a compliment
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 27, 2015
5minsmadness:

Yes ma! grin
Op you are on ya own grin grin grin

Correct!
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by anthoniaz(f): 11:43am On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
its a compliment
Thanks smiley
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 11:45am On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

This is still not the answer to my question. We know this scripture very well but very few people practise it.
My wife and I practice it.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 11:46am On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

This is still not the answer to my question. We know this scripture very well but very few people practise it.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 11:47am On Jan 27, 2015
5minsmadness:

grin grin grin

Calm doooooooooown.
The op created two threads. One for men and one for women. No one is arguing here. The op is asking what is the greatest thing a woman can do to keep her home happy. Check out the male thread.

This is my question o. thanks
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 11:49am On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Then what are you doing in this thread? Are you a wife? im not addressing you but the Op. I am not arguing with anybody. we are simply discussing. U dnt like it? Head to your thread made for you. Oya!!
husbands are also allowed here
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
My wife and I practice it.

Thats commendable. you would amount to the very few people who practise it. Do you use the bible to counsel?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
This is my question o. thanks

I dnt have a problem with your question. I have a problem with the way you presented the post. You didnt present the thread for males that way. Did you accuse them of lagging behind in their use of 'weapons' to keep their marriages? No. But you did that here. Biased you are!

7 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

I dnt have a problem with your question. I have a problem with the way you presented the post. You didnt present the thread for males that way. Did you accuse them of lagging behind in their use of 'weapons' to keep their marriages? No. But you did that here. Biased you are!
I don't see any bias here. men also lag behind in their use of weapons.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 12:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Thats commendable. you would amount to the very few people who practise it. Do you use the bible to counsel?
Yes. The bible has answers to everything.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
I don't see any bias here. men also lag behind in their use of weapons.

You didnt state it in their thread and that shows you are biased. anyways, have you counselled a woman who has gone through domestic violence before?

6 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Yes. The bible has answers to everything.

Cool. I agree.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

You didnt state it in their thread and that shows you are biased. anyways, have you counselled a woman who has gone through domestic violence before?
Why do you ask?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Why do you ask?

A Yes or No will do.

6 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 12:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

A Yes or No will do.
not yet.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
I am not a supporter of the 'wife must submit' syndrome ravaging some Nigerian homes.
My reason is not far fetched and is given below:

Those who proposed that a wife must submit to her husband's whims and caprice must have had a generalized view that men are more Intelligent than women which in reality is not the case.
Therefore, if all men are not more intelligent than all women, it will be very foolish to say that a woman must submit to her husband regardless of who is more intelligent and can make a better decision, unless the submission we are talking about here is a kind of artificial one that's only meant to make the men feel better.
So, op I don't agree with you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 5:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
donpeey22:
I am not a supporter of the 'wife must submit' syndrome ravaging some Nigerian homes.

Those who proposed that a wife must submit to her husband's whims and caprice must have had a generalized view that men are more Intelligent than women which in reality is not the case.
Therefore, if all men are not more intelligent than all women, it will be very foolish to say that a woman must submit to her husband regardless of who is more intelligent and can make a better decision, unless the submission we are talking about here is a kind of artificial one that's only meant to make the men feel better.
will you agree with me that men and women are wired differently and so have different needs. What a man needs most from his wife is respect and what a wife needs most from her husband is love.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by crackhaus: 5:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
donpeey22:

I think you have missed the concept of submission by a long shot, bro.

5 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by lilmax(m): 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
5minsmadness:

Don't worry, be patient. The 'wives' will soon come and exhibit the weapon on this thread angry
grin patiently waiting
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
A man with ego issues? No thanks, I will pass.

3 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
will you agree with me that men and women are wired differently and so have different needs. What a man needs most from his wife is respect and what a wife needs most from her husband is love.
Everybody needs respect and love. If you think otherwise, don't respect your wife and don't expect her to love you, and then enjoy a 'blissful' marriage.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by ArewaSweetheart(f): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
I think the reason most wives have issues in their marriages is because they don't put to use their greatest weapon.

A wife's greatest weapon is stooping to conquer. It sounds foolish but that's the truth. Men have ego and the solution to that is stooping to conquer. A man responds to a submissive woman.

Find the secrets of wives whose husbands listen to them.You will find out that such wives understand this mystery.

What do you think is a wife's greatest weapon?

lol at stooping to conquer grin

Maybe i dont really get your question sha, but in my opinion, a wife's greatest weapon in her marraige is wisdom. She has to always apply wisdom in whatever decision she makes. She should avoid acting before thinking.
So to me, wisdom is key; & not necessarily stooping.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 5:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArewaSweetheart:

lol at stooping to conquer grin

Maybe i dont really get your question sha, but in my opinion, a wife's greatest weapon in her marraige is wisdom. She has to always apply wisdom in whatever decision she makes. She should avoid acting before thinking.
So to me, wisdom is key; & not necessarily stooping.
wisdom will make her know the importance of submission.

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
donpeey22:
Everybody needs respect and love. If you think otherwise, don't respect your wife and don't expect her to love you, and then enjoy a 'blissful' marriage.
men respect naturally that's why you can't find guys having issues amongst themselves like ladies. Women love naturally that's why you see ladies greet each other with hugs,pecks etc.
In marriage above all a man must learn to love more and a woman must learn to respect more.

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:
A man with ego issues? No thanks, I will pass.
all men have ego. you hear?

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
all men have ego. you hear?

But not every man has got ego issues. wink

3 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
crackhaus:

I think you have missed the concept of submission by a long shot, bro.
I had to do a quick search for the meaning of submission to be double sure of what I already knew it to be which in the context of marriage relationships is yielding to and letting one partner lead and make decisions in the relationship while the other abides by such decisions. However, I wouldn't mind if you bare your own understanding of the concept of submission.

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by ArewaSweetheart(f): 5:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
wisdom will make her know the importance of submission.

Submission is one out of the many other attributes men desire from their women. Mind you, what is good for one might not be good for all. Thus, a wise woman will study the likes & dislikes of her hubby & try her best to maintain peace & tranquility in her home. cool
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
men respect naturally that's why you can't find guys having issues amongst themselves like ladies. Women love naturally that's why you see ladies greet each other with hugs,pecks etc.
In marriage above all a man must learn to love more and a woman must learn to respect more.

The bolded is very funny to me. Men naturally respect? With the many instances of female discrimination and absolute unbridled dominance? thats respect to you? Are you kidding me? Do you know what 1st peter 3 vs 7 says? Husbands are told to show their wives honour. What is honour? If you scan through the bible, you will see that it preaches mutual respect for both husbands and wives. Its not a quality restricted to just wives.

9 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

But not every man has got ego issues. wink

True. And i avoid such men at all cost!! A man who is always about you massaging his ego to make him feel better about himself, a major turn off.

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
A wife's greatest weapon is her mouth angry
How soft n pliable it is when on the mic. If she deep-throats then she's set for life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? / Can You Marry Your Third Cousin? / Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.