Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,686 members, 7,955,557 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:16 AM

A Wife's Greatest Weapon. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Wife's Greatest Weapon. (12623 Views)

See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day / What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / A Husband's Greatest Weapon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

So comparing the number of people you have counselled to millions of others you have not, is that enough to conclude that most issues are as a result of unsubmissiveness?

Please, stop it already! Being noisy and aggressive is not what makes you intelligent! I just dont understand why you have distract us from the original purpose of this thread. Please stop, and go find yourself another way of feigning intelligence.

Thank you.

#At topic...I'm here to read comments....

5 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

The role of the husband is to be there for his wife, to love, respect and support her and the role of the wife is to be there for her husband, to love, respect and support him. They should be each other's biggest fans and most sincere critics. wink They should also be like best friends.
could you by chance explain how the criticisms should come about?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
blublahd:
could you by chance explain how the criticisms should come about?

In Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, English or Chinese, depends on the couple ... tongue
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
crackhaus:

If after my earlier comment you still ended up typing the bold texts, then you're definitely still missing it by a long shot.

However, why did that woman agree to marry a man less intelligent than she is only to hold it against him after the wedding?
She didn't know he was less intelligent, no?
My understanding of marriage is obviously different from yours
If she knew that the man is so interested in her being submissive despite being less intelligent, and went ahead to marry him then she must ready to submit to even his most foolish decisions. I know some ladies would do that but real ladies won't, and I wouldn't encourage any woman to. A lady should be able to put her intelligence to use in making decisions in her home. Personally, I can never marry a dummy who can't make good mental contribution in our home or correct me when I am about to make wrong decisions.

3 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by ArewaSweetheart(f): 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
you will agree with me that disrespect is something most men can't live with.

Sure. But what i meant is that submission alone doesnt guarantee happy marraige. Most men desire more than mere respect/submission from their woman. To some, submission might just be what they want, while for others, submission alone aint enough.

Modified:

@lateralmaths, you can see that no two men are the same even from donpeey's post below

donpeey22:

Personally, I can never marry a dummy who can't make good mental contribution in our home or correct me when I am about to make wrong decisions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

In Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, English or Chinese, depends on the couple ... tongue

i believe we are conversing in english.....sincerely madam,in what manner would you do it?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by 2CatWoman: 7:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
blublahd:
i believe we are conversing in english.....sincerely madam,in what manner would you do it?

Partners should be comfortable discussing issues with each other even if it ends with the occasional row or what are you getting at?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
blublahd:

It's difficult to talk about it in abstract terms. We would have to have a specific scenario to describe it.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:
A wife's greatest weapon? Are women now soldiers fighting imaginary wars? So if women have weapons do men have weapons too?
This is veeeeeerrry far from
sophyrocks: constructive criticism
Take note

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
Driven:

Please, stop it already! Being noisy and aggressive is not what makes you intelligent! I just dont understand why you have distract us from the original purpose of this thread. Please stop, and go find yourself another way of feigning intelligence.

Thank you.

#At topic...I'm here to read comments....

So asking questions is aggressive? I can see how far your intelligence has taken you. I am not addressing you but the Op. He was patient enough to answer my questions. So mind your business and answer the Op's question or you zip it! if you have nothing intelligent to contribute. Your attacking me isnt an intelligent move either. Hypocrite! The Op was more intelligent than you are.

7 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
This is veeeeeerrry far from
Take note

Is that your problem?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

You have not answered my question. How do you know that all issues in marriages are as a result of unsubmissiveness? Give proof. give surveys conducted on that.
So, if a mechanic said, "car tyres are to be well-gauged to avoid accidents", you'd ask "if all accidents are as a result of bad tyres". Is this another example of your legendary
sophyrocks: constructive criticism
, madam?

2 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Is that your problem?
I would appreciate it if you put in an effort to make sense, even if it might seem difficult. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
So, if a mechanic said, "car tyres are to be well-gauged to avoid accidents", you'd ask "if all accidents are as a result of bad tyres". Is this another example of your legendary
, madam?

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
I would appreciate it if you put in an effort to make sense, even if it might seem difficult. Thanks.

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

It's difficult to talk about it in abstract terms. We would have to have a specific scenario to describe it.
take for example a man who spends alot to his family including extended family and distant relatives, he has now become like everyones safe deposit, just has a problem to say no....how do you intend to go about it before the inevitable happens?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
donpeey22:
If she knew that the man is so interested in her being submissive despite being less intelligent, and went ahead to marry him then she must ready to submit to even his most foolish decisions. I know some ladies would do that but real ladies won't, and I wouldn't encourage any woman to. A lady should be able to put her intelligence to use in making decisions in her home. Personally, I can never marry a dummy who can't make good mental contribution in our home or correct me when I am about to make wrong decisions.

Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
2CatWoman:

Partners should be comfortable discussing issues with each other even if it ends with the occasional row
fair enough....
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
blublahd:
take for example a man who spends alot to his family including extended family and distant relatives, he has now become like everyones safe deposit, just has a problem to say no....how do you intend to go about it before the inevitable happens?

I will become the Finance Minister of the marriage institution. cool tongue

You are asking me questions like I am a marriage counsellor when in fact I am very far from it. grin

However, what he does with his money is his business at the end of the day. I will have my money, he will have his money and we will hopefully equally contribute to the shared budget so when he meets his responsibilities, I have no right telling him what to do with the rest of the money.

1 Like

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by crackhaus: 8:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
donpeey22:
You are actually typing a lot and saying nothing, whilst confusing yourself in the process.

Let's do a recap:
- First, you equated submission to intelligence and I corrected that by explaining what submission entails...you even said your understanding of it was about yielding and letting one partner lead.

- On your next response, you went back on the intelligence talk by stating that if you were a woman, you would not be submissive to a man less intelligent than you are - I subsequently asked you why a woman (who has a thing for intelligence) would marry a man less intelligent than she is in the first place.

- On this particular retort, you're now going on about your understanding being different...which is entirely off point as we're still talking on intelligence.

The point is this:
If intelligence is a prerequisite for submission (as this is your own understanding of marriage), then it's up to the woman to either marry a man she is more intelligent than to avoid submitting to him or marry a man who is more intelligent than she is and submit totally to him - can you see the direct result of your logic?

For more clarity on what submission entails, refer to my earlier explanation - it is not about who is more intelligent, neither is it about being a slave.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by crackhaus: 8:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArewaSweetheart:

@lateralmaths, you can see that no two men are the same even from donpeey's post below
Except that submission isn't about being a dummy.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
crackhaus:

You are actually typing a lot and saying nothing, while confusing yourself in the process.

Let's do a recap:
- First, you equated submission to intelligence and I corrected that by explaining what submission entails...you even said your understanding of it was about yielding and letting one partner lead.

- On your next response, you went back on the intelligence talk by stating that if you were a woman, you would not be submissive to a man less intelligent than you are - I subsequently asked you why a woman (who has a thing for intelligence) would marry a man less intelligent than she is in the first place.

- On this particular retort, you're now going on about your understanding being different...which is entirely off point as we're still talking on intelligence.

The point is this:
If intelligence is a prerequisite for submission (as this is your own understanding of marriage), then it's up to the woman to either marry a man she is more intelligent than to avoid submitting to him or marry a man who is more intelligent than she is and submit totally to him - can you see the direct result of your logic?

For more clarity on what submission entails, refer to my earlier explanation - it is not about who is more intelligent, neither is it about being a slave.
I agree with you.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
crackhaus:

Except that submission isn't about being a dummy.
true. submission is not foolishness.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

You are asking me questions like I am a marriage counsellor when in fact I am very far from it. grin
better than that, you would become an intelligent wife that will match or outmatch her partner....who you wouldnt submit to.

However, what he does with his money is his business at the end of the day. I will have my money, he will have his money and we will hopefully equally contribute to the shared budget so when he meets his responsibilities, I have no right telling him what to do with the rest of the money.
what if it affects the financial stability of the family and invariably you are required to contribute more and more and more at which point he is now broke?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArewaSweetheart:

Sure. But what i meant is that submission alone doesnt guarantee happy marraige. Most men desire more than mere respect/submission from their woman. To some, submission might just be what they want, while for others, submission alone aint enough.

Modified:

that's why the topic is a wife's greatest weapon. there are other weapons
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

what do you think is a husband's greatest desire from his wife?
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by crackhaus: 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
true. submission is not foolishness.
This has been made clear countless times on this board, but scoffers and Sadducees refuse to pay heed cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
what do you think is a husband's greatest desire from his wife?

There is nothing like A husband! People are different and have different desires.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by ArewaSweetheart(f): 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lateralmaths:
that's why the topic is a wife's greatest weapon. there are other weapons

Well its obvious our views differ, but i'm still of the opinion that wisdom is the greatest weapon in the hierachy of weapons cheesy; not submission. cool
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
blublahd:
what if it affects the financial stability of the family and invariably you are required to contribute more and more and more at which point he is now broke?

The possibility that I will marry this kind of a man does not exist.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
ArewaSweetheart:

Well its obvious our views differ, but i'm still of the opinion that wisdom is the greatest weapon in the hierachy of weapons cheesy; not submission. cool
Ok I get you now. Wisdom is the greatest because wisdom is the right application of other weapons. Without it other weapons could be misused.
Re: A Wife's Greatest Weapon. by Lateralmaths(m): 9:06pm On Jan 27, 2015
carefreewannabe:

The possibility that I will marry this kind of a man does not exist.
why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Married Men Paranoid About Undrawn Curtains And Undressed Wives / Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / How Do You Treat Your Maid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.