Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (50867 Views)

Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' / Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant / Pdp-sponsored Documentary On Buhari (shown On AIT) & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
skak:
TO ALL REASONABLE NIGERIANS: If Buhari was pictured attending a mosque, and it was reported that the Imam said 'he would open the gates to hell upon those who oppose Buhari', and Buhari sat there and said nothing, what do you think many people would be saying today?

If Buhari was pictured going to different mosques and kneeling before Imams, as part of his campaign, what do we think the comments would be?

If Buhari was pictured going on pilgrimage to Mecca, surrounded by a retinue of fawning Imams, what would the response be from Nigerians?

If Buhari invited senior Imams from across the country to a meeting with him, to discuss the elections and his campaign strategy, what would the Nigerian people think?

GEJ has done all the above, and we are told he has a right to do so as a committed christian. Buhari has done none of the above yet he is called a religious fundamentalist with a plan to turn Nigeria into an Islamic nation.

Please examine the facts so we can honestly decide who is acting like the real religious fundamentalist? Who is using religious faith as a political ploy to get votes?

Brilliant piece. The retardeens would ignore this

3 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by DaGC(m): 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
If not that he stifled the press, I'm sure we might have gotten more views about how his dictatorship was. More of our reporters would have covered it objectively. The same way people are able to probe other administrations. But now we resort to BBC archives, NYtimes etc.

Pretend all you want though, the documentary would have swayed many people from voting for him next month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by fefelefe: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
brainbox2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l5gQ1nC5N4

For almost about one hour or more, eyes were glued to AIT yesterday and I must confess that PDP has really tried in their campaign against the opposition. After so many shots, this looks like one final lethal blow, except of course they are not done. Who can blame them? They have enriched themselves well enough to afford the airtime.

So that aside, let's react to the gist they threw in our faces yesterday. I'd give my honest opinion by listing the (1) Bad things he did (2) Good things that he did but have been painted in a bad light (3) Good things he actually did.

Bad things

1) Jailing some 'alleged' innocent politicians.
2) Jailing journalists and activists based on a decree he enacted.
3) Stepping on human rights in a bid to enforce change. No freedom of speech. Strikes were disallowed. Unions (like NMA, NANS) were proscribed.
4) Pardoning Shehu Shagari (his former boss) as he kept him in house arrest while he jailed others.
5) Suspension of the rail project (which I later found out was due to the fact that the money being used for the project was being borrowed and he was bent on paying off Nigeria's debt)
6) Disallowing Monarchs from travelling outside the country, an act many saw as a disrespect to traditional customs.
7) Chasing away illegal immigrants. The same is still done in developed countries though. You can't just reside in places like UK, US... without formal documentations and stuff.

.(± feel free to add & subtract)

Summary: His brief military regime was a draconian rule that made life hot for many.

Good things painted bad

1) WAI: Enforcing discipline with regards to work, sanitation, conduct on roads. This was done the military way and swept Nigerians off their comfort zone.
2) His statement (as the commentary claimed to quote him, as there was actually no video of him saying that) that FG should stop killing his people (northerners) and that instead Boko Haram militants could be given amnesty like the Niger delta militants. Hold on, before you judge at surface value. Reports from Amnesty International and the satellite images that showed the devastation in Baga have collectively proved to us one thing: our soldiers killed thousands of innocent northern dwellers (some in very horrific ways) in the name of fighting insurgency. That was why US raised eyebrows about human rights violation in the North if you can still recall. So Buhari probably has a point but unfortunately the amnesty program that the FG tried didn't work. What he said, he said in good faith.
3) Attempted extradition of Umaru Dikko, one of Nigeria's most corrupt politicians as at then. The PDP in their documentary successfully painted the hilarious method through which Dikko was packaged in a suitcase that was labelled with a diplomatic pass..lol..and the embarrassment attached to the story, but here's the thing they never said...Umaru Dikko deserved to be jailed like the other thieves in his time. People steal little things and get punished severely, some even die. A public official steals billions and you empathise with him when he should have gotten a much more severe punishment. That says a lot in comparison about our justice system today.
4) Drug traffickers were killed. I don't even know why PDP are lamenting about this. In Ghana today, robbery attracts a death penalty and trust me, this law has reduced criminality there. In China, if a politician is caught looting funds or getting involved in any form of corruption, he or she will be executed. My opinion is simple, if you can't do without stealing or going against the law of the land, you can leave. You have nothing to fear if your hands are clean. PDP is simply appealing to the desire in people to be free to do as they like without laws to guide them, but we must not forget that unguided freedom comes at a cost.......CRIME!

Summary: He came to unsettle Nigerians from their relative comfort zones of indiscipline (@public places) and laziness (@work).... and this didn't really go down well with many people. Strict legislation dominates his idea of effective and progressive governance.

Good things

1) Jailing corrupt politicians. That's a good thing for me except you're happy when people embezzle public funds.
2) Eradication of Jihadist group (Maitatsine). We've heard that several times but a few times from his critics.

Other good things they didn't mention in the video

3) 1 dollar = 2 naira... which sparked some irritation from the West. The oyinbos felt it was annoying for the currency of a black nation to be that strong. Foreign politics played a role in his removal later on, for obvious reasons.
4) Cleared the debts of the nation and refused to borrow from IMF despite serious urging from the external community. Part of the reason the rail project was 'suspended'.
5) Nigeria was processing her crude oil...and the price was stable.
6) He's a plain person that does what he says (good or evil). I'd rather deal with plain people than the hypocrites in the incumbent government. Even his political opponents can't take that away from him.

Summary: He ruled roughly for about one and a half years and his major approach to transforming Nigeria from the state that the corrupt leadership of Shagari left it, was through laws. He believed that a lawless nation where people are just allowed to litter the streets, treat work with levity, loot public funds...etc., could not move forward.

That's my analysis. .(± feel free to add & subtract)
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by ikorodureporta: 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
I hereby say a big N-O to GEJ & GMB! WE NEED A REVOLUTION...not jst a change!
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by kingthreat(m): 1:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Would have been much better if Nzeogwu resigned from the Army in 1964....and formed his own party.

Nzeogwu was a fanatic. For him to choose cold-blooded murder of the leaders was extremely wicked.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Adminisher: 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
rozayx5:
cheesy
@op why did Buhari jail Ojukwu?
why did ekwueme go to jail while Shagari sipped champagne at home?
how can Buhari claim to be clean when his government silenced all whistleblowers?
why did Buhari ban NANS?
why did Buhari threaten medical doctors?
why did Buhari pay for a rail project he cancelled?
what did Buhari add to the Nations Infrastructure in 20 months as a dictator apart from filling up prisons with people he was scared of?
no record of roads or major development?
all we hear is kworruption, and 90,000 unemployed graduates out of 110,000 roamed the streets

^^^^

Why are we getting all these parochial Ibo questions? It is almost always as of Ibos are the only people in Nigeria the ways some of these locally minded questions fly and it is becoming annoying?. A lot of other people were jailed. Ojukwu was jailed because he was high risk and the man throughout his life never accused Buhari of being partial against him before he died.

As for infrastructure it is beginning to be really annoying that most young people are very uneducated and lacking in understanding.
In the 1980s, new infrastructure was so COMMONPLACE that you did not even talk about it like you do now. Nigeria was the largest importer of cement during the Gowon Shagari and Buhari regimes because we had thousands of infrastructure projects going on at the same time. Why do you act as if you don't realize yet that you are the poorest generation of Nigerians in all history. The Muritala Muhammad airport, most local airports, refinery expansions, Lagos Ibadan expressway, East West road, Abuja, Ajaokuta, Aluminum smelter, Petrochemical, Gurara dam, Bakolori dam, NAFCON etc were many projects commenced or continued during Bunari regime.

Uncle Jonathan is merely confusing because he knows that Abacha regime destroyed Nigeria and your generation never even saw ordinary trains before. Just think that Shagari started Abuja so Buhari must have continued it, IBB completed most of it because he had more time in office and je started borrowing heavily as well. Abuja is still largest Urban construction largest project in the world second only to some parts of Dubai.

During the 1980s most projects were well planned as part of National Development plans so no government can claim to be the owners of any one project, Nigerians were sophisticated and were even asking for more, underground railways, Odeon airports et.c
Even now in almost all parts of the world, it is hard to see a government praising itself for providing infrastructure. Infrastructure is a right of citizens and the construction goes on whatever government is in power. If military regimes in Nigeria provided ten times more infrastructure why is it that it is the civilians that boast of it more?. Even Buhari, IBB and Obasanjo regimes did not do a quarter of what Gowon did in infrastructure not to talk of Jonathan. In 1970-1975, Gowon laid the highest number of kilometers of new roads ever constructed in four years any where in the world and he never boasted about it because Nigerians were more sophisticated then and were still asking him to hand over to civilians. Compare with how lucky Uncle Jona is with half educated subjects who have not seen trains before.

8 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by iffydave: 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
Buhari shld go and sleep

We dnt want to live in fear again!

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by mentorandfriend(m): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
Jonathan and his campaign team have once again proven to Nigerians that they are not yet ready to analyse and tackle the issues confronting us as a nation. They rather, spend all their energy on things that mean nothing to the poor, the unemployed, the pensioner, the health sector, the educational sector, the bankrupt economy, insecurity, and so many other things facing us as a nation. They are saying a lot about austerity measures, but only heavens know how many people who just became billionares right now by receiving heavy money that belongs to all of us to go and dig up unneccesary, idiotic, unintelligent things. If anyone votes PDP in this election, that person must write an apology letter to the future generations unborn for being so heartless, sentimental, and stupid.

4 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by webincomeplus(m): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
robinsoncrosoe:
Buhari has a bad history.
The bastard divorced his first wife.
So we want a divorcee,a coupist,a dictator,a terrorist,a tribal and
religious bigot as our president.
God forbid bad things
Going by your words, did you mean Chris Oyakilome and Chris Okotie are basta.rds too? Remember, they both divorced their wives.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by otunbakolawole(m): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
Here is MY opinion!

The era of cut throat politics is here. We all should be wise to the ways of the pundits, and jobbers. If one is going to be honest with himself, the problem of Nigeria didn't start with GEJ, nor did it start with OBJ, and it won't end with Buhari's emerging victorious or GEJ's return. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. Any attempt to gloss over serious difference in policy and performance of this government or any other government before it is just an exercise in futility.

Whether, you are APC or PDP, APGA or LP, you can feel the dishonesty, the smoke and dislike our choices at what our politics has become. Christian, Muslim, Pagan, Northerners or Southerner, you can sense that the nation's most significant challenges are being ignored.

When you sit back in the corner of your house, and examine your experience as a Nigerian, and stir you own conscience, you should be able to decide who to vote for even though they both aren't perfect.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:

Oponu!
I'm not surprised cos you are just like your ilk Buhari and Tinubu that have certificate in forgery and
doctoring a real document. embarassed

GEJ till 2019!!

You should return your certificate if you have one

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
kingthreat:

Nzeogwu was a fanatic. For him to choose cold-blooded murder of the leaders was extremely wicked.

Wasn't much different from most African coupists then.

Fanatic? Not too sure. Pan Africanist.? Certainly

But...that does not mean I endorse what he did. Again....if he felt there needed to be changes....there were far better ways available than the barrel of a gun.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by robinsoncrosoe: 1:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
hotgunz:
u re high on cheap drugs, thank God u said allah,and nt Allah slowpoke
Pls read what u wrote and tell who is high on cheap drugs.

F**k off
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by CaptainAmerica1: 1:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Oh they are illegal immigrants shey? .... His niger-ian brothers who flood. Lagos n the whole of north Wat are they??... Has anybody questioned their stay In nigeria??....... Those pathetic youths. From niger who do. Notting buh flood this country n cos problems in the north n hide over here in the south has anybody kicked them out??...

Be serious please

"15th April 1985, Buhari announced the deportation of more than 700,000 foreigners"

Emphasis was just laid on Ghana and other west African countries because they were the most affected due to their population in Nigeria at that time.

Listen and analyze carefully before you talk.

Keep your sentiments aside also.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by iwaeda: 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari <-- read every word of this page before you vote; it's 100% objective.

Seun, thanks for this; I hope fear no dey catch you because of this:
In 1984, Buhari passed Decree Number 4, the Protection Against False Accusations Decree,[29] considered by scholars as the most repressive press law ever enacted in Nigeria.[30] Section 1 of the law provided that “Any person who publishes in any form, whether written or otherwise, any message, rumour, report or statement […] which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Military Government or the Government of a state or public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offense under this Decree”.[31] The law further stated that offending journalists and publishers will be tried by a military tribunal, whose ruling would be final and unappealable in any court and those found guilty would be eligible for a fine not less than 10,000 naira and a jail sentence of up to two years. Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor of The Guardian were among the journalists who were tried under the decree.[30]

Vote wisely; GEJ allow for FOI!

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by sam13(m): 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=datguru post=30178397]About the man Buhari
I have never seen any school built in his name Buhari, I
have never seen any borehole constructed by him. There is
no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor
through him. I have never seen him use his popularity to
canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort,
not even at the height of the polio scourge where other
purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for
immunization.
No single text book has been

Thank you for the long campaign as for me Buhari is ma man*yimuuu* NEXT!
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by rozayx5(m): 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
Adminisher:

As for infrastructure it is beginning to be really annoying that most young people are very uneducated and lacking in understanding.
In the 1980s, new infrastructure was so COMMONPLACE that you did not even talk about it like you do now. Nigeria was the largest importer of cement during the Gowon Shagari and Buhari regimes because we had thousands of infrastructure projects going on at the same time. Why do you act as if you don't realize yet that you are the poorest generation of Nigerians in all history. The Muritala Muhammad airport, most local airports, refinery expansions, Lagos Ibadan expressway, East West road, Abuja, Ajaokuta, Aluminum smelter, Petrochemical, Gurara dam, Bakolori dam, NAFCON etc [s]were many projects commenced or continued during Bunari regime.[/s]

ole your trying to attach buhari to Gowons strides in infrastructure
did you not read the part were buhari cancelled all capital projects, or your brain went off undecided
refinery expansion indeed and he was shipping out crude oil to brazil in exchange for petrol undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
GEJ is the president and He will remain the President till 2019.

PDP should stop posting opposition words against any party.

GEJ is the President***[i][/i]
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by kingthreat(m): 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
bushdoc9919:

But...that does not mean I endorse what he did. Again....if he felt there needed to be changes....there were far better ways available than the barrel of a gun.

Excactly Bro.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by ogene007: 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
omostrugle:
we are unmoved by this cheap and frivolous propaganda.

GMB we know! GMB/PYO 2015. Join the train.
We are sure it is propaganda that Buhari, under PTF, appointed Afri-Projects Consortium (APC) as the sole consultant to PTF with the following mandate:

- Initiate Projects
- Assess and Approve Cost
- Execute the Projects
- Assess the Quality of Execution

At the end of the day, 25 billion naira out of the total 100 billion naira PTF operating capital was missing, with the money traced to the consultant. I guess that is the CHANGE that Buhari and APC want to bring into nigeria in the management of our resources, probably with Tinubu's companies replacing the NNPC in the following areas:

- Initiate Projects
- Assess and Approve Cost
- Execute the Projects
- Assess the Quality of Execution

It is very important that the gullible followers of this evil man, ask him to provide them with the details of the change he wishes to bring. It is just a tragedy of our society that such a fellow, who in other climes would be serving time in jail, is being propped up by heavily corrupt politicians in their plan to extend the frontiers of the corrupt empire to the national level. By the mercies and grace of God, they will receive a devastating defeat in the coming elections. GEJ till 2019.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by GODpunishAPC: 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
sam13:

And what has your phd Otuoke oko mama peace na only you waka kome done to Nigeria confusion,stealing and corruption please tell him to practise what he preaches
WHAT HAS YOUR SENILE BUHARI DONE TO IMPROVE HIS LIFE FOR 30YEARS NOW? BEFORE WE GO INTO HOW HE WILL IMPROVE NIGERIA.

GODpunishAPC.....

2 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by CaptainAmerica1: 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
dragan:

They need to respond on TV because the targets of this video arent people who use the Internet.

I agree with you 100%. Let's see what they do, I'm sure there's a plan.

Probably that last minute type of plan where PDP would be too late to do anything. grin
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Rawani: 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari <-- read every word of this page before you vote; it's 100% objective.

How can you call a Wikipedia article objective when it can be edited by anyone with an internet connection?
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by sam13(m): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
nairalandbuzz:
They are sick....

O shi n rin won ni...

Ti o ba ya, a ma ja won je...

We want CHANGE

Thank you ma brother from another mother shey if your tv dey only show one channel you no go tire fo am CHANGE thats what we want menh
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by johnnybelove(m): 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
sammieblaize:
This should be on the FP... Anddddd he promoted others in the army including his mates to higher ranks except himself he left the army as a Major General.. Thts humility to me

Sorry to say, but to me that is stupidity and greed, he knew he was'nt qualified in the first place, so he choose to put his people there. Which sound like corruption to me. tongue

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by darelar(m): 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
GODpunishAPC:
GO AND ASK YOUR PARENTS ABOUT DECREE 4 AND 10, THAT SENILE BUHARI NEARLY FINISHED NIGERIA, YOU THINK YOU CAN CAJOLE US INTO VOTING A SENILE OLD MAN WHO DOESN'T HAVE SSCE CERTIFICATE? THINK TWICE.

GODpunishAPC.....
You can leave the country once he with the election and became president
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
Firefire:
Mr. Buhari can never rule Nigeria again. Never! angry
If he rules go and die.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by hotgunz(m): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
robinsoncrosoe:

Pls read what u wrote and tell who is high on cheap drugs.

F**k off
u jst anoda religious lunatic, I don't associate wit low life mascot like u.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by atlwireles: 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
The buharist should have known, his past will be the campaign of 2015. Even before this video, Buhari's Oluwole certificate issues finished him already.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Seun(m): 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
Rawani:
How can you call a Wikipedia article objective when it can be edited by anyone with an internet connection?
Wikipedia has rules that promote objectivity. It has editors and admins, who watch important pages and enforce the rules.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

22 Soldiers Declared Wanted By Army For Running From Boko Haram / No Marriage Between Buhari And Zainab Ahmed - Ministry Of Finance / Mohammed Umar Named Acting EFCC Chairman - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.