Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (50896 Views)

Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' / Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant / Pdp-sponsored Documentary On Buhari (shown On AIT) & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by sammybooi(m): 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
For truth dis man na confirm illitrate o,hw him wan stabilize oil price,na him b OPEC ?.carry go jor GEJ

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by cbrass(m): 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
Germeeu:
they want to knw the impact of video on nigerians.

And it didn't work, however this reminds of the 1999 elections Where the dailies Where full of OBJs past. I just have this to say that a soldier is different from a civilian what he did then he can't do it again now and I still don't find him guilty thou wink
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by cbrass(m): 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
sammybooi:
For truth dis man na confirm illitrate o,hw him wan stabilize oil price,na him b OPEC ?.carry go jor GEJ

So has gej stabilized it
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by vislabraye(m): 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
mekaboy:

I know buhari is a man of his words so i am sure he will do all he has promised, including stablizing global oil prices.

This is because :

Buhari came out publicly and said he wont contest again, and has kept his promise in 2015.

Buhari said his documents arr with the military board, were they there?

If someone else ordered that the 53 suitcases should not be searched under buhari's regime, that person would have been sentenced to death by buhari.

Buhari said abacha did not steal. did abacha steal?

Saint Buhari also promised that dog and babboon will be soaked in blood and he kept his promise.

Some people here are not objective at all. Sometings Buhari did were good in the long run example execution of armed robbers.

But he was very bias in fighting corruption. Why place Shagari under house arrest and jail Ekweme? Why did he harrass Fela for the money he held ?

What about jailing Tai Solarin ?
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Rawani: 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
Wikipedia has rules that promote objectivity. It has editors and admins, who watch important pages and enforce the rules.

That does not change the fact that Wikipedia's articles are not reliable or accepted as a reference source anywhere. Objectivity is promoted, not enforced, therefore it is not assured.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by mrbillz(m): 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Say Amen!!!

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
Tintinix:

No! He was utterly corrupt! so GMB may have been correct!!! grin
well gej said stealing is not curroption. Abacha was only corrupt, he did not steal, Lol. GMB is only following gej's theory.

said buhari till gej knows that stealing is corruption
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by ChynoBEATS: 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:

"15th April 1985, Buhari announced the deportation of more than 700,000 foreigners"

Emphasis was just laid on Ghana and other west African countries because they were the most affected due to their population in Nigeria at that time.

Listen and analyze carefully before you talk.

Keep your sentiments aside also.

Hmmm...... Mr know all....... Have you forgotten that in other to Execute his evil plans ..he Had To first clear em all Out............ Do you know how that stuff affected Our relationship With our sister nation??
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Seun(m): 1:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
Rawani:
That does not change the fact that Wikipedia's articles are not reliable or accepted as a reference source anywhere. Objectivity is promoted, not enforced, therefore it is not assured.
What part of the Wikipedia article is a lie in your opinion? Which of the things they said he did in the article did he not do in your opinion?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by CaptainAmerica1: 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Hmmm...... Mr know all....... Have you forgotten that in other to Execute his evil plans ..he Had To first clear em all Out............ Do you know how that stuff affected Our relationship With our sister nation??

What evil plans? No evil plans were intended.

Tell me what's wrong in deporting illegal immigrants.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Collynzo419: 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2015
robinsoncrosoe:
Buhari has a bad history.
The bastard divorced his first wife.
So we want a divorcee,a coupist,a dictator,a terrorist,a tribal and
religious bigot as our president.
God forbid bad things

Before bursting your veins..

Who is the mother of GEJ's children?

3 Likes

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by otigbagba: 1:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
brainbox2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l5gQ1nC5N4

For almost about one hour or more, eyes were glued to AIT yesterday and I must confess that PDP has really tried in their campaign against the opposition. After so many shots, this looks like one final lethal blow, except of course they are not done. Who can blame them? They have enriched themselves well enough to afford the airtime.

So that aside, let's react to the gist they threw in our faces yesterday. I'd give my honest opinion by listing the (1) Bad things he did (2) Good things that he did but have been painted in a bad light (3) Good things he actually did.

Bad things

1) Jailing some 'alleged' innocent politicians.
2) Jailing journalists and activists based on a decree he enacted.
3) Stepping on human rights in a bid to enforce change. No freedom of speech. Strikes were disallowed. Unions (like NMA, NANS) were proscribed.
4) Pardoning Shehu Shagari (his former boss) as he kept him in house arrest while he jailed others.
5) Suspension of the rail project (which I later found out was due to the fact that the money being used for the project was being borrowed and he was bent on paying off Nigeria's debt)
6) Disallowing Monarchs from travelling outside the country, an act many saw as a disrespect to traditional customs.
7) Chasing away illegal immigrants. The same is still done in developed countries though. You can't just reside in places like UK, US... without formal documentations and stuff.

.(± feel free to add & subtract)

Summary: His brief military regime was a draconian rule that made life hot for many.

Good things painted bad

1) WAI: Enforcing discipline with regards to work, sanitation, conduct on roads. This was done the military way and swept Nigerians off their comfort zone.
2) His statement (as the commentary claimed to quote him, as there was actually no video of him saying that) that FG should stop killing his people (northerners) and that instead Boko Haram militants could be given amnesty like the Niger delta militants. Hold on, before you judge at surface value. Reports from Amnesty International and the satellite images that showed the devastation in Baga have collectively proved to us one thing: our soldiers killed thousands of innocent northern dwellers (some in very horrific ways) in the name of fighting insurgency. That was why US raised eyebrows about human rights violation in the North if you can still recall. So Buhari probably has a point but unfortunately the amnesty program that the FG tried didn't work. What he said, he said in good faith.
3) Attempted extradition of Umaru Dikko, one of Nigeria's most corrupt politicians as at then. The PDP in their documentary successfully painted the hilarious method through which Dikko was packaged in a suitcase that was labelled with a diplomatic pass..lol..and the embarrassment attached to the story, but here's the thing they never said...Umaru Dikko deserved to be jailed like the other thieves in his time. People steal little things and get punished severely, some even die. A public official steals billions and you empathise with him when he should have gotten a much more severe punishment. That says a lot in comparison about our justice system today.
4) Drug traffickers were killed. I don't even know why PDP are lamenting about this. In Ghana today, robbery attracts a death penalty and trust me, this law has reduced criminality there. In China, if a politician is caught looting funds or getting involved in any form of corruption, he or she will be executed. My opinion is simple, if you can't do without stealing or going against the law of the land, you can leave. You have nothing to fear if your hands are clean. PDP is simply appealing to the desire in people to be free to do as they like without laws to guide them, but we must not forget that unguided freedom comes at a cost.......CRIME!

Summary: He came to unsettle Nigerians from their relative comfort zones of indiscipline (@public places) and laziness (@work).... and this didn't really go down well with many people. Strict legislation dominates his idea of effective and progressive governance.

Good things

1) Jailing corrupt politicians. That's a good thing for me except you're happy when people embezzle public funds.
2) Eradication of Jihadist group (Maitatsine). We've heard that several times but a few times from his critics.

Other good things they didn't mention in the video

3) 1 dollar = 2 naira... which sparked some irritation from the West. The oyinbos felt it was annoying for the currency of a black nation to be that strong. Foreign politics played a role in his removal later on, for obvious reasons.
4) Cleared the debts of the nation and refused to borrow from IMF despite serious urging from the external community. Part of the reason the rail project was 'suspended'.
5) Nigeria was processing her crude oil...and the price was stable.
6) He's a plain person that does what he says (good or evil). I'd rather deal with plain people than the hypocrites in the incumbent government. Even his political opponents can't take that away from him.

Summary: He ruled roughly for about one and a half years and his major approach to transforming Nigeria from the state that the corrupt leadership of Shagari left it, was through laws. He believed that a lawless nation where people are just allowed to litter the streets, treat work with levity, loot public funds...etc., could not move forward.

That's my analysis. .(± feel free to add & subtract)..after
after watching that stuff ...I saw more reasons to vote for d general. .pdp campaigning 4 Gmb quietly

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by GODpunishAPC: 1:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
darelar:
You can leave the country once he with the election and became president
READ YOUR MISERABLE ENGLISH, YET YOU WANT TO VOTE FOR BUHARI TO DELVE DEEPER IN ILLITERACY.

YOUR LIBERATION WILL START THAT MOMENT YOU ARE DELIVERED FROM APC.

GODPUNISHAPC....

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by watchindelta(m): 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
some ppl said Nigeria need change but the truth is Nigerian need total revolution, because without it does corrupted elderly n semi elderly politicans will never allow that change to come to pass because they are all corruptend. if Buhari win don,t expect miracles because does guys around him... ok
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Rawani: 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
What part of the Wikipedia article is a lie in your opinion? Which of the things they said he did in the article did he not do in your opinion?

My point which I made very clear in my initial reply, is that Wikipedia is neither an objective, nor a reliable source of information, especially one that could influence an election decision. You are aware of your degree of influence in this forum and it would be unfortunate if anyone is misled to wholeheartedly trust Wikipedia's articles.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by mekaboy(m): 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2015
joseph1832:
You again?. So if the mother is guilty she should be fed fat?.

Did you even read the OP's analysis?.

Yes me again, and i will counter your argument again like always.

Now look at it this way. Those days drug traffickerd were not sophisticated as they r today. So the drugs were found in the womans belongs during the search.

Now every other Nigerian goes through the search at the airport. Why will buhari request that 53 suitcases will not be searched?

What shows that the same drugs for which the woman was sentenced to death were not contained in those boxes?

what shows that the foriegn currency that fela was jailed for were not in those boxes.

As long as buhari did not let the Nigerian customs see the content of those boxes, whatever we assume they contain are correct.

What then is corruption, when u let every other person go through search and u let ur own relatives go without.

Is that how the incorruptible gen will rule Nigeria? Allowing efcc and icpc to search through the documents of those in PDP while those in APC are allowed to go free?

Those suitcases contain drugs, foriegn currency and even illegal arms if u ask me. Let buhari and his supporters prove me wrong.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by MadCow1: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
mekaboy:
Sentencing a mother of 2 children to death by firing squad to me is not cool.

jailing fella for foriegn currency while allowing 53 suitcases is not cool for me.

supporting and comapring bokoharam terrorists with mend is not cool. turning arround to accuse the president of lacking the will to crush the group u sympathize with is not cool.

The hatred ghananians have for nigerians today was caused by buhari.

What did the mother do?
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by MadCow1: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
mekaboy:

Yes me again, and i will counter your argument again like always.

Now look at it this way. Those days drug traffickerd were not sophisticated as they r today. So the drugs were found in the womans belongs during the search.

Now every other Nigerian goes through the search at the airport. Why will buhari request that 53 suitcases will not be searched?

What shows that the same drugs for which the woman was sentenced to death were not contained in those boxes?

what shows that the foriegn currency that fela was jailed for were not in those boxes.

As long as buhari did not let the Nigerian customs see the content of those boxes, whatever we assume they contain are correct.

What then is corruption, when u let every other person go through search and u let ur own relatives go without.

Is that how the incorruptible gen will rule Nigeria? Allowing efcc and icpc to search through the documents of those in PDP while those in APC are allowed to go free?

Those suitcases contain drugs, foriegn currency and even illegal arms if u ask me. Let buhari and his supporters prove me wrong.

Lol... You are a funny character.. It's alright though.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by ProfOwah(m): 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
the video, I did watch it clear. there is no hiding place for buhari. the video has explained everything

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Youngandactive: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
hotgunz:
is it UK dt s doin election? Why nt host the summit here in Nigeria

What is wrong in Nigerians in diaspora lending their voice to the impending doom coming soon.

Nothing is wrong with you coming up with one in Nigeria. It is not late you know.

We are doing a lot on peaceful election campaign. we have montage running on TV at the moment calling on youths to shun violence.
A summit in Nigeria will only assemble 5,000 people max. we are reaching out on all social and media platform.

Join the campaign, do your part and not find faults.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by iwaeda: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
In 1985, prompted by economic uncertainties and a rising crime rate, the government of Buhari opened the borders (closed since April 1984) with Benin, Niger, Chad and Cameroon to speed up the expulsion of 700,000 foreigners and migrant workers.[35] Buhari is today known for his gestion this crises, there even is a famine in the east of Niger that have been named "El Buhari".[36]

One of the most enduring legacy of the Buhari government has been the War Against Indiscipline (WAI). Launched on March 20, 1984, the policy tried to address the perceived lack of public morality and civic responsibility of Nigerian society. Unruly Nigerians were ordered to form neat queues at bust stops, under the eyes of whip-wielding soldiers. Civil servants[37] who failed to show up on time at work were humiliated and forced to do “frog jumps”. Minor offences carried long sentences. Any student over the age of 17 caught cheating on an exam would get 21 years in prison. Counterfiting and arson could lead to the death penalty.[38]

His regime drew the critics of many, including Nigeria’s first Nobel Prize winner Wole Syinka, who worte in 2007 a piece called “The Crimes of Buhari”[39] which outlined many of the abuses conducted under his military rule.

The Umaru Dikko Affair was another defining moment in Buhari’s presidency. Umaru Dikko, a former Minister of Transportation under the previous cvilian administration of President Shagari who fled the country shortly after the coup, was accused of embezzling $1 billion in oil profits. With the help of the Mossad, the NSO traced him to London where operatives from Nigeria and Israel drugged and kidnapped him. They placed him in a plastic bag, which was subsequently hidden inside a crate labelled as “Diplomatic Baggage” .The purpose of this secret operation was to ship Dikko off to Nigeria on an empty Nigerian Airways Boeing 707. The plot was foiled by British airport officers.[40]

Buhari mounted an offensive against entrenched interests. In 20 months of presidency, about 500 politicians, officials and businessmen were jailed for corruption charges during his stewardship.[21][41]

Read that too
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
1992 pikin will just be saying sai Buhari. so Pa Ajasin is a criminal?
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by mekaboy(m): 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
MadCow1:

What did the mother do?

The mother did the same thing tbe owner of those 53 suitcases did. drug trafficking.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by bakila: 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
Collynzo419:
The PDP is conducting a very successful and robust campaign on behalf of General Buhari , The APC should send a cheque in appreciation

I especially love the part of Umaru Dikko, whilst many might question his methods, most Nigerians share his desire to eradicate or at least minimize corruption amongst the political class.

Nigerians are tired of Politicians embezzling billions of dollars while Nigerians are suffering and cannot find jobs. They are building houses all across the country and buying mansions abroad while Nigerians are hungry

I prefer a General Buhari who will go to any length to bring thieving politicians to justice rather than a President that consistently makes excuses for corrupt men/women in his administration.
Bold part of your post summarized his government on probity.

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by agabaI23(m): 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
brainbox2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l5gQ1nC5N4

For almost about one hour or more, eyes were glued to AIT yesterday and I must confess that PDP has really tried in their campaign against the opposition. After so many shots, this looks like one final lethal blow, except of course they are not done. Who can blame them? They have enriched themselves well enough to afford the airtime.

So that aside, let's react to the gist they threw in our faces yesterday. I'd give my honest opinion by listing the (1) Bad things he did (2) Good things that he did but have been painted in a bad light (3) Good things he actually did.

Bad things

1) Jailing some 'alleged' innocent politicians.
2) Jailing journalists and activists based on a decree he enacted.
3) Stepping on human rights in a bid to enforce change. No freedom of speech. Strikes were disallowed. Unions (like NMA, NANS) were proscribed.
4) Pardoning Shehu Shagari (his former boss) as he kept him in house arrest while he jailed others.
5) Suspension of the rail project (which I later found out was due to the fact that the money being used for the project was being borrowed and he was bent on paying off Nigeria's debt)
6) Disallowing Monarchs from travelling outside the country, an act many saw as a disrespect to traditional customs.
7) Chasing away illegal immigrants. The same is still done in developed countries though. You can't just reside in places like UK, US... without formal documentations and stuff.

Summary: His brief military regime was a draconian rule that made life hot for many.

Good things painted bad

1) WAI: Enforcing discipline with regards to work, sanitation, conduct on roads. This was done the military way and swept Nigerians off their comfort zone.
2) His statement (as the commentary claimed to quote him, as there was actually no video of him saying that) that FG should stop killing his people (northerners) and that instead Boko Haram militants could be given amnesty like the Niger delta militants. Hold on, before you judge at surface value. Reports from Amnesty International and the satellite images that showed the devastation in Baga have collectively proved to us one thing: our soldiers killed thousands of innocent northern dwellers (some in very horrific ways) in the name of fighting insurgency. That was why US raised eyebrows about human rights violation in the North if you can still recall. So Buhari probably has a point but unfortunately the amnesty program that the FG tried didn't work. What he said, he said in good faith.
3) Attempted extradition of Umaru Dikko, one of Nigeria's most corrupt politicians as at then. The PDP in their documentary successfully painted the hilarious method through which Dikko was packaged in a suitcase that was labelled with a diplomatic pass..lol..and the embarrassment attached to the story, but here's the thing they never said...Umaru Dikko deserved to be jailed like the other thieves in his time. People steal little things and get punished severely, some even die. A public official steals billions and you empathise with him when he should have gotten a much more severe punishment. That says a lot in comparison about our justice system today.
4) Drug traffickers were killed. I don't even know why PDP are lamenting about this. In Ghana today, robbery attracts a death penalty and trust me, this law has reduced criminality there. In China, if a politician is caught looting funds or getting involved in any form of corruption, he or she will be executed. My opinion is simple, if you can't do without stealing or going against the law of the land, you can leave. You have nothing to fear if your hands are clean. PDP is simply appealing to the desire in people to be free to do as they like without laws to guide them, but we must not forget that unguided freedom comes at a cost.......CRIME!

Summary: He came to unsettle Nigerians from their relative comfort zones of indiscipline (@public places) and laziness (@work).... and this didn't really go down well with many people. Strict legislation dominates his idea of effective and progressive governance.

Good things

1) Jailing corrupt politicians. That's a good thing for me except you're happy when people embezzle public funds.
2) Eradication of Jihadist group (Maitatsine). We've heard that several times but a few times from his critics.

Other good things they didn't mention in the video

3) 1 dollar = 2 naira... which sparked some irritation from the West. The oyinbos felt it was annoying for the currency of a black nation to be that strong. Foreign politics played a role in his removal later on, for obvious reasons.
4) Cleared the debts of the nation and refused to borrow from IMF despite serious urging from the external community. Part of the reason the rail project was 'suspended'.
5) Nigeria was processing her crude oil...and the price was stable.
6) He's a plain person that does what he says (good or evil). I'd rather deal with plain people than the hypocrites in the incumbent government. Even his political opponents can't take that away from him.

Summary: He ruled roughly for about one and a half years and his major approach to transforming Nigeria from the state that the corrupt leadership of Shagari left it, was through laws. He believed that a lawless nation where people are just allowed to litter the streets, treat work with levity, loot public funds...etc., could not move forward.

That's my analysis. .(± feel free to add & subtract)
Just scanning through your response showed one obvious lie or a guess.

You said that the naira ration to dollar was N2=$1. You are wrong. it was 76k to $1 when he assumed office and it became 89k to $1 when he left, a depreciation of 17%.

Why won't the naira depreciate when he banned the entry of foreign currency creating scarcity so that a huge volume of naira was chasing the unavailable dollar.

Another lie is that he cleared the debt of the nation. Gush, who fed you this crap? I will come back with detailed report.
agabaI23:
he came for my jugular grin and I defended myself with a central bank link

year  rate
1973 0.66 - n.a - n.a
1974 0.55 -20.0 n.a - n.a
1980 0.55 0.0 0.90 - 63.6
1982 0.67 17.9 1.14 21.1 70.1
1984 0.76 11.8 3.25 64.9 327.6
1985 0.89 14.6 3.79 14.20 325.8
1986 2.02 55.9 4.17 9.1 106.4

1987 4.02 49.8 5.55 24.9 38.1
1988 4.54 11.5 6.05 8.30 33.3
1989 7.39 38.6 10.55 42.7 42.8
1990 8.04 9.3 9.61 -9.8 19.5
1991 9.91 18.9 13.04 26.3 31.6
1992 17.30 42.7 20.03 34.9 15.8
1993 22.05 21.5 36.23 44.7 64.3
1994 21.89 -0.7 59.79 39.4 173.1
1995 81.20 73.0 59.79 39.4 3.1
1996 81.20 0.0 83.09 -0.7 2.3
1997 82.00 1.0 85.00 2.2 3.7
1998 84.00 2.4 87.90 3.3 4.6
1999 93.95 10.6 99.20 11.4 5.6
2000 102.10 8.0 112.00 11.4 9.7
2001 111.93 8.8 132.36 15.4 18.3
2002 121.0 7.5 137.42 3.9 19.1
2003 129.3 6.4 n.a n.a n.a
2004 133.5 3.1 n.a n.a n.a
2005 131.1 -1.8 n.a n.a n.a
http://www.cenbank.org/OUT/PUBLICATIONS/BULLION/GOV/2007/BULL%20JUL-SEPT06.PDF

This is taken from central bank report.

And the value there corresponds to your earlier value from Wikipedia.  The authority of this overrides those from your newspaper articles.
Do not try to make Buhari what he is not to score political point.

There were two 'policies' under Buhari which actually affected the exchange rate at the time.

1. The banning of foreign currency
2. The changing of the naira notes.

The first one devalued the naira because of the scarcity of the foreign currencies while the second one created scarcity of naira which should have increased the value of naira.

Both of these measures were artificial and were not sound economic policies.
Unfortunately the effect of the second policy was not strong enough to counter the effect of stifled forex flow  so the
value of the naira kept depreciating.

There is no way you can explain that away.

The value of the naira when he took over was 0.72 to a dollar which you accepted and when he left office, it was  0.89. That was 36.4% depreciation from when he took over and he could not do anything about it with his draconian policies.

I support GEJ because he is the all round best amongst the lot.
He has clear road maps which BB does not have except for his flawed claim to sainthood. I read through his Kaduna campaign speech and there were no clear solutions. Everything was vague! There was no road map on how to tackle all the issues he raised. He was able to point out the problems like all of us can but he ended up criticising PDP without proffering any solutions.

Instead of apologising to you, I will thank you for informing me.
I did not blaspheme BB, the over all context was that the Forex depreciated under his regime and that has not changed.
https://www.nairaland.com/2055709/discussion-buharis-economic-policies-corruption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by dre11(m): 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
skak:
TO ALL REASONABLE NIGERIANS: If Buhari was pictured attending a mosque, and it was reported that the Imam said 'he would open the gates to hell upon those who oppose Buhari', and Buhari sat there and said nothing, what do you think many people would be saying today?

If Buhari was pictured going to different mosques and kneeling before Imams, as part of his campaign, what do we think the comments would be?

If Buhari was pictured going on pilgrimage to Mecca, surrounded by a retinue of fawning Imams, what would the response be from Nigerians?

If Buhari invited senior Imams from across the country to a meeting with him, to discuss the elections and his campaign strategy, what would the Nigerian people think?

GEJ has done all the above, and we are told he has a right to do so as a committed christian. Buhari has done none of the above yet he is called a religious fundamentalist with a plan to turn Nigeria into an Islamic nation.

Please examine the facts so we can honestly decide who is acting like the real religious fundamentalist? Who is using religious faith as a political ploy to get votes?

God bless you for this your insightful words
You just make valid points to those people wanting to break the country with reglious appellation

GEJ is a crook and he default in all these things and the followers will be quick to call GMB a religious bigot
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Cholison(m): 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
This propaganda will not fly, we shall give him our votes on Febuhari 14th 2015
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by deejayterabyte(m): 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Knight1:
@op

Remove House arrest of Shagari from the list of bad things please.
As an ex number citizen of a country, You don't go to general prisons when convicted, by convention.

You are subjected to house arrest in honor of the Office you once held. Some of you saw this in the series 24 with President Logan

Another Valid point! cool

God bless you
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Seun(m): 1:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
Rawani:

My point which I made very clear in my initial reply, is that Wikipedia is neither an objective, nor a reliable source of information, especially one that could influence an election decision. You are aware of your degree of influence in this forum and it would be unfortunate if anyone is misled to wholeheartedly trust Wikipedia's articles.
I didn't say all wikipedia articles are objective. I said that Buhari article is objective. If this is wrong, please show us which part of it is wrong.
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by agabaI23(m): 1:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
Again, he did not pay off any debt. see below
agabaI23:

Yes by fixing price goods: You are as a business man bought a can of milk at the cost of N5, displays it in your shop and a customer comes in to ask for the price and you say N6 and he brandishes his military and you are under arrest. Why? The government price is N4 per can of milk. You are detained! That surely had a good effect on the economy. Do you the amount of money lost while he was controlling inflation by price fixing? Did that help the economy?

Oh no that is not true. Nigeria external debt increased from 5% of GDP in 1980 to 23% of GDP in 1985
Moser et al link above (p69).

You may wish to read Nwaobi's  scholarly write up. See an excerpt - start from page 8

[url=http://quanterb.org/N%20POVERTY.pdf]Nwaobi[/url]

What Buhari did was to cut Government spending in line with austerity measure which Shagari had already lauched in 1982. You do not have to thank him for that.

Debt payment was carried out through reconciliation and this was initiated in 1983(Shagari) and completed by IBB administration in 1988. You cannot give him credit for that.
Adesola
It was not Buhari. BTW january 1984 to August 1985 = 20 months and not 18 months(1.5 years) as you claimed.

It was worse than it was when he came. At least you accepted 14.6% depreciation under a government controlled exchange rate programme that grossly over valued the naira. Shagari even faired better than him that aspect.

How will he do that? He did not tell how he will do any of those.
It easy to say I will and I will but the problem is how to do that.
Let him tell us my friend wink

1 Like

Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by Thinkr(m): 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:

What evil plans? No evil plans were intended.

Tell me what's wrong in deporting illegal immigrants.
did you know the deportation cause problems? Hey, right now as we discuss there are 11million illegal immigrants in the USA and nobody is flogging them out. You don't just do things like an illiterate. You apply wisdom
Re: PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis by ichidodo: 1:55pm On Jan 27, 2015
Rawani:

I don't think it is upto you to decipher the objectivity or otherwise of Wikipedia as in the long years it has become a veritable trove of information and history.....History that can allow an ordinary voter make categorical and well informed electoral decision therefore we don't see how Seun can be denied research tools to enable one with massive influence to analyse issues,perspectives and summations as far as this electoral exercise is concerned..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FCTA Demolishes Patience Jonathan’s House In Abuja (Photo) / Programme For Ademola Adeleke's Swearing-In Ceremony As Osun Governor (Photo) / Pictures Of Ikeja After Few Hours Of Rain Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.