Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (68102 Views)

#EdoDecides: Obaseki Boycotts Public Debate / Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Omon605(m): 4:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
I don't see any reason why apc should be there. because i told my time to watch the NTA two day ago, for the 42 mind I was patient enough to watch it was all about PDP campaign. Am not talking about advert but normal news, which means nothing else is happening in this country except the places Mr. President visited for his campaign and those whom where there and what the opposition parties do in the negative ways. If AIT or other media outlets do that I doubt if I will complaint because i know they are out there mainly for the money sake, but for NTA to because a political tool station is just too bad in my own opinion. Anyone that doubt this should please try to watch the NTA for just 30 minutes and see for yourself.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by gateleo(m): 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ovacoma:
If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. If truly APC's candidate is upright and has unmatched integrity, he has no reasons to shun the debate. The righteous is as bold as lion.

Keep that your mouth shut my friend... let a neutral TV station organize a debate and let see if GMB will not present. When your paymaster was absent from the 2011 debate what did you guy say. Nonsense!!!!
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by IVORY2009(m): 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Burhari see debate when tie hair, wear gele, tie two rapper, come rub lip stick, wear brezzar and come wear slippers join, na the general run, fast fast enter express road.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by itetemi: 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
good decision by GMB.if the debate organisers have any shred of credibility,they ought to have even told dokpesi to step down as moderator.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by boujaye: 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
hikmojj:
VOTE BUHARI VOTE CHANGE

[size=13pt]Buhari come for a debate, we want to hear what your plans for Nigerians are. Your reasons for boycott are not cogent enough and is unacceptable, Your teeming fans wants to hear from you, or you loose them cheaply to ... Be warned! don't take Nigerians for granted[/size]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by hassan85(m): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
yes BON, NTA, AIT are all PDP allies de are not
sincere. iits not independent
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), will not be featuring in the presidential debate organised by the Broadcast Organisation of Nigeria (BON). According Garba Shehu, directorate of media and publicity of the APC presidential campaign organisation, the boycott is due to the “unhidden bias and campaign of calumny by some key organisers of the programme, against the corporate political interest of the party (APC) and its candidates”.

Shehu argued that the Nigeria Election Debate Group (NEDG) powered debate was fraught with fundamental errors from the outset, by wearing the toga of government control, especially being composed mainly of agencies and allies of the incumbent Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) administration.

“A salutary inspection of the composition of NEGD brings into focus the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON), National Television Authority (NTA), Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) and the Africa Independent Television (AIT, owned by a PDP chieftain),” he said.

“And going by the avalanche of inflammatory statements, misinformation and blatant lies being propagated by some of these media against our party and candidates contrary to the Koffi Annan-brokered Abuja Peace Accord, and the failure of these aggressors to desist and apologise, have left the APC campaign with no option than to steer clear of any premeditated smear campaign that could be inimical to our prospective electoral success.”

He urged the public not to see the APc boycott as disrespect for Nigerian voters or an alibi for the party to dodge public scrutiny, but to view it as an honourable right not to consent to any activity that could distract, demean, denigrate or derail the fast-moving train of the party.

He described APC as a party of progressive intellectuals, genuine technocrats, successful businessmen and women, and most of all eminent and courteous people of honour who would never condescend to the level of sadistic gutter propaganda, all in the name of political exigency and crass opportunism.

He also noted that many government-controlled media have clipped the wings of APC promotional advertisements on one excuse on the other, and until a court upturned their decision recently, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) shut down some telecom portals for soliciting legitimate campaign funds from members of the public for APC.

“Aside, elements close to sitting President Goodluck Jonathan have commissioned series of derogatory and death threat advertorials against the person, family and associates of the opposition leader, General Muhammadu Buhari, to which the APC had sent letters of complaint to the Inspector General of Police, the Director General of State Security, Advertisers Practitioners of Nigeria (APCON), Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the erring media that published or aired such offensive adverts or documentaries,” he said.

“None of our letters of protest has been attended to by the authorities. So whatever the incumbent president wants to do with the instrument of state to harass members of the opposition into humiliating submission would not work. The APC/Buhari campaign is now a people’s movement. The more they try to rubbish it, the more popular we are with the populace.

“We are not shadow-chasers or moonwalkers. The APC is concerned mainly with the lack of unity and security in Nigeria; plus the growing decimation of lives, property and territory of our great country due to preventable insurgency; the slumbering economy; decaying educational system; absence of jobs; poor public health; and the cancerous institutionalisation of corruption in our national life. You can’t fool the people all the time. Nigerians will vote out their oppressors come February 14.”
http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-buhari-shuns-bon-presidential-debate | TheCable
)

[size=18pt]They think we are all brainless
Who believes this crap?
Maybe brief illness has set in and they don't want to tell us
What kind of campaign of calumny will keep a presidential candidate away from a debate[/size]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
elantraceey:
Not suprised .

He knows people won't understand 70% of what he will say hence the fear .

If he doesn't trust that body the both should put head together and bring up another instead of making excuses.
Were you taught comprehension in school?
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by hansad: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
yetibabe:
Consider this a lesson in Election winning 101. This is a wise and strategic move by the APC. Buhari is currently likely to win the election, there is no need to expose himself or play into the hands of the PDP. The PDP will use the debate medium to discredit him and try to force errors in an otherwise flawless campaig[/b]n. Along with the on-ground campaigning, Google Hangout meeting with the public and TV appearances by APC surrogates, all main issues have already been discussed.

As for me and my household, we have decided for the APC! #ihavedecided

Sai Buhari!

Flawless campaign? Campaign by a party whose flag bearer could not even satisfy the most minimum requirements to contest presidential election. Where is Buhari's Secondary School Leaving Certificate to convince INEC and Nigerians that he attended secondary school?

Or do you think most Nigerians are like you - anything goes?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by thaoriginator: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
Fhuck the debate! FeBuhari 14 we go celebrate, elevate, meditate, incarcerate. We no go hesitate to create jobs for all the 36 states.. APC no be PDP mate! You can go ahead and fhucking hate!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by leo2020: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is a perfect move by APC..AIT &NTA should go ahead to broadcast more malicious documentary..debate or no debate..we are tired of this directionless govt..

Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by callmenow: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
yetibabe:
Consider this a lesson in Election winning 101. This is a wise and strategic move by the APC. Buhari is currently likely to win the election, there is no need to expose himself or play into the hands of the PDP. The PDP will use the debate medium to discredit him and try to force errors in an otherwise flawless campaign. Along with the on-ground campaigning, Google Hangout meeting with the public and TV appearances by APC surrogates, all main issues have already been discussed.

As for me and my household, we have decided for the APC! #ihavedecided

Sai Buhari!

So you want this tragic figure to rule your household. Can you send your mobile number here, so that I can send a one way air ticket for you and your household. So that you can spend quality time with your general.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
noordean:
and d last election was'nt critical for GEJ to av avoided d 2011 presidential debate?
let's face it, this election is the most important in the history of Nigeria, unless you don't to be truthful to yourself.

Buhari has just taken us, we the spectators, for granted.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by VoteWisely: 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
http:///1JNu1ZJ #VoteWisely

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by gateleo(m): 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
I support this decision wholeheartedly

It would be useless attending a debate organised by very biased media organisation including AIT which sought to taunt Buhari with the death of his wife and daughter

In 2011,while Buhari,Ribadu and Shekarau attended a debate organised by a neutral body NN24,Jonothing was conspicously absent without any apologies to the 3 gentlemen.....only to engage in a Monologue with D-Banj

There are few neutral media organisations around amongst whom is CHANNELS which i am aware have organised a debate too........Buhari should attend that one but NEVER any one organised by BON/AIT/NTA/FRCN
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by pat077: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
hazyfm1:
[size=28pt]DEBATE ORGANIZED BY AIT & NTA[/size]

CHAI!! PDP DIA'IS GOD OOOO

THE MUCH AWAITED DEBATE REMAINS...
lol. u won kill persin?
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=18pt]So Fayose was right after all
The man is sick[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by itetemi: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
how can dokpesi,an unapologetic pdp sympathiser be the debate moderator.in the united states,its just like telling a democrat to attend a fox news debate.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by AreaFada2: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
Kai, this Buhari likes boycotting o.

Last time he boycotted OPUTA PANEL to investigate human right abuses.

The man doesn't feel he owes Nigerians (his slaves-in-waiting) any explanation, he just wanna win. Like a feudal lord.

I guess he will send "Osinbade" to go use his court process skills to debate. Monkey (Southerner) dey work........finish the rest.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by callmenow: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
leo2020:
This is a perfect move by APC..AIT &NTA should go ahead to broadcast more malicious documentary..debate or no debate..we are tired of this directionless govt..

Sai Buhari

Cowardly Buhari supporters has been exposed. Hit and run olodos.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by silvernus0: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
Pataki:
Where is that egift picture comment of GEJ and debates?

Let me go fish it out possibly.

EDIT: Back in 2011........

That first pix was in yaradua's election debate stop deceiving pple, jonathan was his vice then.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by saaedlee: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
tolexy007:
i swear if buhari no come for d debate, make he forget my vote. dat means he is clueless dan d clueless

When did you leave PDP?
Anyways, welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
[s]
thaoriginator:
Fhuck the debate! FeBuhari 14 we go celebrate, elevate, meditate, incarcerate. We no go hesitate to create jobs for all the 36 states.. APC no be PDP mate! You can go ahead and fhucking hate!
[/s]Its not all about APC/PDP, its all about Nigerians

I hope everybody is foreseeing the kind of Government APC will bring .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by verygudbadguy(m): 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Point taken. And I know this isn't the first time. However, this is a debate where, I assume, they will be asked similar questions. I see little need for Buhari to choose a boycott...he already has so many question marks on his candidature and should have taken up the challenge, unless he clearly has nothing to say.

I would love him (GMB) to pertake in the debate but trust politicians, they go extra mile to prove their points. I'm sure some other groups would come up with debate ideas if he eventually boycotts this one.

This country cannot afford to remain like this. I pray for God's intervention in the incoming administration so that we can have leaders who would consider the interest of the masses rather than theirs.

#LetTheBestManForNaijaWinFeb2015

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
Why does he want to chicken out?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=18pt]Mixed feelings..... The truth is even if expo is given to your classmate, and you read very well on your own, your classmates result does not affect yours..... If buhari is prepared, i think he should be able to answer any question regardless of if jonathan has the expo or not, the questions are not in Spanish or french na, its English........ If you are good you are good......

I am actually highly disappointed.......
[/size]

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by silvernus0: 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by thaoriginator: 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
customized13:
[s][/s]Its not all about APC/PDP, its all about Nigerians

I hope everybody is foreseeing the kind of Government APC will bring .
Abeg go sidung for ground jare
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by menesheh(m): 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
wunmite90:

Please help us answer this question.

Will GEJ attend a debate organized by sahara reporters, the nation newspaper and premium times?

If your answer is no. Then shut up. Thank you

yes why not.

is it not to air his view

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
Estellar:
Thank goodness he's boycotting the debate,save me d time and energy to listen and comprehend his english.
Are you that slow?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
thaoriginator:
Abeg go sidung for ground jare
APC na dictators in democratic clothing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by gateleo(m): 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
What a wonderful move by APC ! Let's leave the pro-government media outlets to debate in favor of their pay-masters, we are not party to it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Photos Of President Buhari Receiving His WAEC Certificate. / Rivers Lockdown: Port Harcourt Roads In Pictures / My Visit To The EFCC Carpark (photos) - Ajayiwrites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.