Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings (32233 Views)

Buhari Begins The Process Of Payment Of N5,000 To Extremely Poor Nigerians -Pic / Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / President Buhari Begins Short Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by bxcode(m): 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
Town hall meeting?undecided
Wonders they say can never end.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by sweetgala(m): 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
I'm GMB all the way but he needs to appear in a presidential debate , it is standard in any democratic process in any society .

A chance to stack your chips beside that of the opposition.
Would the VP debate still go ahead ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by DonaldGenes(m): 11:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
Bevista:
APC teaching PDP how to engage the electorate. The overhyped debate has been demystified by these progressives.

Clueless can go and attend his "arranged" debate where he regurgitates scum written to him by FFK and Indomie brain Okukpe

#TeamGMB2015

Lmào
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
emiye:

Debates in this clime are usually vain, very time limited, an opportunity for throwing needless jabs at each other, and possibly bunch of psychophants will be cheering whatever nonsense or sense said by candidates.
how does this translate to dick measuring contest as you earlier mentioned
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

In the US neutral organisation do these debates

Have you seen Foxnews claiming to organise debates or MSNBC
It's true that neither of those news orgs organize general election debates, but the moderators are usually from PBS, ABC or CNN.
Journalists from those stations are seen as neutral, ditto for Channels TV journalists.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by konos(f): 11:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
APC move to 'town hall meeting' as they call it, is good and innovative. But my questions is this and I need an honest, unbiased answer "how many people, by people I mean the common people (the market women, the street hustlers, students etc,) will be allowed access to theismtown hall meetings not to talk of asking questions?' he should have gone ahead and done the debate, be ready for any questions whether arranged or not. For crying out aloud, you are going to be a leader and you cannot come out and debate on the media? How are you going tomrepresent us in the international media? Begging for answers

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by delors(m): 12:26am On Feb 03, 2015
DesChyko:

Only incapacitated frustrated people resort to insults when they can't drive their points home
Now, who is insulting who? I see how educated you are. Don't be ignorant is an advice, you either heed or bleep. And FYI, your expression here shows you are actually ignorant.

DesChyko:
Evidence of this to buttress your claim at least, especially in a typical Nigeria-like scenario.
That's the point, and the point is that you have refused to open your mind to what's happening around the world. You said in a typical Nigerian environment, everyone holds presidential debates, what is wrong with being unconventional to achieve desire results. We knew right from the on-set that the debates were rigged with Dokpesi being a PDP chieftain, what did you expect? Presidents hold town meetings all over civilised countries; it is a way of reaching the grassroots. GMB debated in all his previous contests. He even floored GEJ in the last one. So, resulting to Town Hall is nothing but a strategy no one saw coming; it should be applauded. It simply shows the difference between being a politician and being a technocrat.

DesChyko:
I'm talking Presidential debate, you're talking Ministry of Health.
Must it be presidential? what is the essence of it being presidential? I cited a very near example by referring to the Ministry of Health, we have heard cases where Obama held town hall meetings, community hall meetings (Canada), and so on. Bro, this is a no-pointer

DesChyko:
Yes. Like fielding an ill-prepared aspirant. That worked wonders
ill-prepared? How? Becuase he will not honour the shoddy debate set to tarnish his reputation, now, you call him ill-prepared? Dude, seriously?

DesChyko:
AIT hosted, APC cried foul play. Channels TV took over and you're screaming foul play. Scaredy cat. That's why we need educated individuals. We worked hard enough to know nothing good comes easy. We expect the worse and take the best as a plus. Well, there's always BBC Hausa with Lai Mohammed as the host if you need a petting session on TV.
Educated individuals? Great. A so-called PhD holder (unverified), ruled this country for 6 years. Please bro, show me the difference he has made so far? Baba Iyabo is not as educationally decorated as Mr. GEJ, yet he made landmark moves in his first few years as civilian leader. I'll take you back to school: Who built all the major infrastructure in Nigeria, and when? 85% under the different military regimes. Who was the most educated of them all? Maybe Gowon. Did he hold a PhD? No. Did he hold an Msc? No. What does the 1999 constitution stipulate with regards to qualify/disqualifying an aspirant? Minimum of WAEC. Does it mean the constitution is flawed to stipulate that? No. A sitting president, with a caricature PhD made a grave and unforgivable grammatical blunder just a few days go...so much for literacy. If you really want educated leaders, you should be campaigning for the likes of Wole Soyinka, Elechi Amadi, Pat Utomi and maybe make a trip to the graveyard, resuscitate late Chinua Achebe to come rule.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by berrystunn(m): 12:32am On Feb 03, 2015
Bevista:
APC teaching PDP how to engage the electorate. The overhyped debate has been demystified by these progressives.

Clueless can go and attend his "arranged" debate where he regurgitates scum written to him by FFK and Indomie brain Okukpe

#TeamGMB2015

It was gathered that President Goodluck Jonathan had, during his recent visit to the Minna Hilltop home of former military leader; General
Ibrahim Babangida, discussed details of Buhari’s health with the former
military leader, a development that was said to have prompted the Minna
General to turn his support to Jonathan.

It was also gathered that prominent Northern leaders have already got wind
of the discussions between IBB and Jonathan, leading to red hot
discussions on the way forward in 2015.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buhari-sick-northern-elders-worried/

Special Assistant to the Governor on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, quoted Governor Fayose as saying at a campaign rally in Omuo Ekiti, Ekiti East Local Government that “Buhari is a car with a damaged engine but being packaged by Tinubu and his cabal whose only interest is the wealth of Nigeria.”He said; “In all the campaign rallies held by the APC, Buhari never spoke for more than six minutes.

“Buhari will just utter some words that he had rehearsed and any attempt to bring in new words always result to confusion in his brain due to senility. That was the reason he called his running mate Osunbade instead of Osinbajo and also referred to Imo State as Ibo State.“This is clear evidence of ill-health, old age and senility. Those packaging Buhari to achieve their personal ambition of gaining unhindered access to the wealth of Nigeria should fear God and allow this old man to take care of his health,” the governor said.Speaking further, Fayose, who insisted that “Buhari is old and sick said; “they had programmed Buhari to travel to the U.S on 26th of this month, but they opted out when the secret trip was reported in the media

http://hibe-online.com/allow-buhari-to-seek-medical-help-abroad-fayose-to-apc/
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by makazona(m): 12:54am On Feb 03, 2015
Now all his supporters will clap for him.but come to think of it

a. How many people will leave their work and attend a town hall meeting?

b. Wont this be a security threat e.g bombs,attacks from others etc?

To be honest,i would have prefered a televised debate.GMB as a soldier should be able to show courage/fish in troubled waters i.e debate even when the odd are against him.

#JustSaying

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Champele(m): 1:58am On Feb 03, 2015
Buhari is a coward and cheater. I wonder how he became a general.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by luvmijeje(f): 2:26am On Feb 03, 2015
Why can't he do both? This is beyond APC Or PDP......I thought APC is all about positive change.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by StunningCEO: 3:12am On Feb 03, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Meihn! See tears of laffta for my eyes!

ashawo mgbeketoto fuckyfucky granmama don enta market grin grin grin grin wink tongue tongue. when ayonge go put him prick join tht old toto. grin wink grin cheesy ;de toto go b like conga now grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by adconline(m): 3:37am On Feb 03, 2015
Can we have both ? National debate and town hall meetings? Why kind of advisers does GMB have? He's going to self destruct!
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by cococandy(f): 3:47am On Feb 03, 2015
Djicemob:
Make this people no kill this man with fatique in a bid to save him disgrace. grin grin grin

Are you telling me APC wants to host a second rally just to dodge a debate?

A stage managed town hall meeting of selected questioners and paper speech reading?

An avenue to mask low intellectual capacity with fellow party members?

APC = Deceit
Whoever still supports this party is been jinxed.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by kennyeast(m): 4:12am On Feb 03, 2015
Do u even have generator to watch the so-called debate? Or u just want to type?

DesChyko:

Oga park well jare.. When GEJ visited the war torn Borno, what did you say? Alakoba ni yen. No be only town meeting. Make he go village square.
Nigeria is going global and he's hiding in town halls while the world awaits to see him strut his stuff on TV. Did he forget his brains in 1985?
In case you don't know, even backward progress is still change.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Swiftboy(m): 4:14am On Feb 03, 2015
cbay:

I laugh at you silly. It seems you don't know that the power of vote actually comes from the poorest and low lifers. The elites you mentioned don't have time to vote and prefer to watch from their 100” TV rather than queue for hours to cast vote. So my guy keep laughing.
I bet you there is no way GEJ will win without RIGGING
dont be so sure...dont trust politicians,Goodluck might still win. The allegations might just be based on pure propaganda.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by pendusky(m): 5:41am On Feb 03, 2015
Collynzo419:
This is actually a very innovative way of communicating and explaining the manifesto/ policies of the incoming administration.

This is a far better way of engaging with a sizable section of the electorate.

Sai Buhari

Even when APCs organized the debate? A way to avoid disgrace right?
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by thunder74(m): 5:49am On Feb 03, 2015
chibas:
please why do u guys hype this question and answer session as debate?mind u this man in question has been there in the previous year.
Buhari of 2011 is not the Buhari of 2015. He was over-integrityfied, this year election has revealed that he is not clean after all. Since you are screaming change stop taking us back to 2011 unless the change you promise is backwardness. Buhari may not be afraid to debate but his handlers are scared that his real self may be exposed on a live debate.

More so, I watched the town hall meeting on Channels TV, I observed that he was reading from prepared speech and most people in attendance were APC Chiefs, even elder John Oyegun (APC National Chairman) wore suit to disguise as business man.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by DesChyko: 5:57am On Feb 03, 2015
kennyeast:
Do u even have generator to watch the so-called debate? Or u just want to type?

When we get to the bridge, we will cross it. Besides, neither do I know you nor have you been to my house before. Why all these generator talk like we're jolly friends from years back?
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 03, 2015
BUHARI VOTED AGAINST A NIGERIAN BECOMING OAU SECRETARY GENERAL IN 1985 BECAUSE OF TRIBAL CONSIDERATIONS,AND GAVE HIS VOTE INSTEAD TO SOMEBODY FROM NIGER[A FULANI LIKE HIM]. PLEASE, READ ON.

Between 1983 and 1985, Peter Onu of Nigeria was Acting Secretary-General of the OAU. At the 1985 Summit in Addis Ababa, statesmen like Julius Nyerere, President of Tanzania, lobbied for his election as substantive Secretary-General. However, there was a major stumbling block to Peter Onu’s candidature: his Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, was campaigning against him.

Buhari claimed: “This generation of Nigerians and indeed future generations have no other country than Nigeria.” But when the crunch came, his allegiance to Nigeria disappeared. In the election of the OAU Secretary-General in 1985, Buhari voted against Nigeria and for Niger instead. He secured the election of Ide Oumarou, a Fulani man from Niger; as opposed to an Igbo man from Nigeria. By so doing, Buhari became the first and only Head of State in the history of modern international relations to vote against his country in favour of his tribe.

Years later, General Buhari marched all the way from Daura to Ibadan to demand of Oyo State Governor, Lam Adeshina: “Why are your people killing my people?” Again, he was not referring to Nigerians as his people. Instead, he was an advocate for the rights of murderous Fulani herdsmen who killed Yoruba farmers that objected to their cattle grazing on their land and damaging their crops. This same Buhari who voted against Nigeria in 1985, and said in 2003: “Muslims should only vote those who will promote Islam,” is now shopping for votes nationwide. He should be rejected outright.

Ignorance running riot

If APC had wanted to be taken seriously, it would have come up with a better presidential material than Buhari. There is something anomalous about a party whose mantra is change, recycling a 73 year old man as its candidate for the president of modern Nigeria. Buhari has little or no understanding of public policy. That is why APC will always come up with some excuse or the other not to have him participate in a debate with Jonathan. Buhari fought corruption by imposing ridiculous 300-year sentences on offenders. He fought exam malpractices by imposing 24-year prison sentences on school children.

He dealt with indiscipline by flogging people to queue at bus-stops. He dealt with food shortages by sending soldiers to break into private warehouses and shops. He fought trade imbalances by taking Nigeria back to the stone age of trade by barter (counter-trade). He sought to extradite a Nigerian from Britain by drugging and crating him.

There is so much about Buhari ending the Boko Haram insurgency as he did the Maitatsine insurgency in the 1980s. But the General needs to be advised that Boko Haram is not Maitatsine. Maitatsine was in two towns: Boko Haram is in three states with spillover effects into others. Maitatsine fought with bows and arrows: Boko Haram fights with sophisticated weapons. Maitatsine was a local insurgency, Boko Haram is an international phenomenon.

Anti-corruption hypocrisy: Buhari does not know what corruption means and how to fight it. He became Nigeria’s Head of State through the corruption of a coup d’état and he then tried to fight corruption with corruption. Imposing retroactive decrees and killing Nigerians under them is corruption. Putting an Igbo vice-president in Kirikiri, while placing the Fulani president under palatial house arrest, is corruption.

Detaining people like Michael Ajasin in jail, even after they were discharged and acquitted by kangaroo courts, is corruption. Jailing journalists for telling the truth is corruption. Putting pressure on a judge in order to jail Fela Anikulapo-Kuti is corruption. Shepherding 53 suitcases of contraband unchecked through Customs during a currency change exercise is corruption. Swearing an affidavit that your school-leaving certificate is with the military when it is not, is corruption.....
- See more at: http://
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Atlantian: 6:30am On Feb 03, 2015
I didn't expect the Illiterate to face National Disgress on a National Debate.

All supporters of Buhari are mentally illiterates and they know it.

Useless coupist.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 03, 2015
How can I vote for someone who did not value education. ........

GEJ TILL I MEET THE PRETTIEST GIRL IN NAIRALAND.... undecided
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by AISHBAMBA: 6:31am On Feb 03, 2015
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by DesChyko: 6:33am On Feb 03, 2015
delors:

Now, who is insulting who? I see how educated you are. Don't be ignorant is an advice, you either heed or bleep. And FYI, your expression here shows you are actually ignorant.
Like I said, only incapacitated frustrated people resort to insults because they can't drive home their point. If you feel I insulted you, that's because you feel guilty of insulting 'people'

That's the point, and the point is that you have refused to open your mind to what's happening around the world. You said in a typical Nigerian environment, everyone holds presidential debates, what is wrong with being unconventional to achieve desire results
The wrong things here are
1. He has qualification issues and instead of tackling them head-on, he is manipulating the less-informed to succeed by 'crook' and tear the nation apart if he is found out. So much for a 'saint'.
2. He can't stand head-to-head with his foe, even in the most uncomfortable of fighting positions. What's the military buhaha all about then?
We knew right from the on-set that the debates were rigged with Dokpesi being a PDP chieftain, what did you expect?
What is the relationship between Dokpesi and Channels TV?
Presidents hold town meetings all over civilised countries; it is a way of reaching the grassroots.
Evidence of a town hall meeting in a typical Nigerian scenario, I requested. Buttress your claim.
GMB debated in all his previous contests. He even floored GEJ in the last one.
Like an erudite rightly pointed out, yesterday's mean cannot satisfy today's hunger.
Besides, GMB defeating GEJ in a debate?? Source please?
So, resulting to Town Hall is nothing but a strategy no one saw coming; it should be applauded. It simply shows the difference between being a politician and being a technocrat.
Just like Nigerians applauded Jonathan visiting another country to promote relations while ASUU were on strike right? Talking about misplaced priorities.

Must it be presidential? what is the essence of it being presidential? I cited a very near example by referring to the Ministry of Health, we have heard cases where Obama held town hall meetings, community hall meetings (Canada), and so on. Bro, this is a no-pointer
I believe you must have carried out a case study before. Just itemize one with close resemblance to a typical Nigerian setting.

ill-prepared? How? Becuase he will not honour the shoddy debate set to tarnish his reputation, now, you call him ill-prepared? Dude, seriously?
Nah.. Ill prepared because the basic fundamental qualification required to be legally fit to contest is in question. His advisers surely suck at planning. And goodluck for him, there are many who don't know the value of such.

Educated individuals? Great. A so-called PhD holder (unverified), ruled this country for 6 years. Please bro, show me the difference he has made so far?
Lol.. Like seriously, there is nothing worth telling a biased mind on issues like this. Even recently, APC commended his decision to privatise PHCN. Then, there's FOI.. Like, where do I end, where do I begin??
Baba Iyabo is not as educationally decorated as Mr. GEJ, yet he made landmark moves in his first few years as civilian leader.
Yes. I remember OBJ's first 'landmark move'. Remember Odi 1999? Cost Nigeria over 20,000 displaced lives, millions worth of properties and N37bn compensation from the FG pocket. That's what it took to give OBJ brains.
I'll take you back to school: Who built all the major infrastructure in Nigeria, and when? 85% under the different military regimes. Who was the most educated of them all? Maybe Gowon. Did he hold a PhD? No. Did he hold an Msc? No.
Back to school? You call information of the 1980s today's school? Compare the number of Ph. D degree holders now to then. This is a no-brainer. In the eyes of the blind, a one-eyed man is the king. Today is the civilian rules and we go by civilian standards.
What does the 1999 constitution stipulate with regards to qualify/disqualifying an aspirant? Minimum of WAEC. Does it mean the constitution is flawed to stipulate that? No. A sitting president, with a caricature PhD made a grave and unforgivable grammatical blunder just a few days go...so much for literacy.
When was that constitution made and how much has Nigeria transformed since then 'academic-wise'? I'm advocating for a review so that misfits can stop baring their buttocks in the face of Nigeria. Let him go to school. 30 years after service and Buhari hasn't deemed it fit to improve himself as a civilian.
If you really want educated leaders, you should be campaigning for the likes of Wole Soyinka, Elechi Amadi, Pat Utomi and maybe make a trip to the graveyard, resuscitate late Chinua Achebe to come rule.
Of course, those are the kinds we want to see up there. People who knows what it means to want something really bad and 'sweat' to get it. Not archaic sailors riding of favours from their past. However, we must make do with the best available option we have now!
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by DesChyko: 6:42am On Feb 03, 2015
damipayne:

so where do u place Obamas town hall meetings?
thats a thinking mind and a progressive one just like APC
US and Nigeria are two countries in two different stages of development. Don't be so quick as to imitate them without the enabling environment for such to be a success. A typical Nigerian townhall meeting is no different from the campaigns;to be attended by the less busy. Nothing more.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by VolvoS60(m): 6:46am On Feb 03, 2015
There's nothing that says we can't have town hall debates AND a televised presidential debate. Nothing whatsoever. Those posters claiming Mr. Buhari's decision (not to participate) is a masterstroke are simply being dishonest.

Unlike some posters here, I actually watched the NN24 debate in 2011 where Messrs Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau all explained to Nigerians what they intended to do as president. (The debate Dr. Goodluck refused to attend angry). Farida Waziri? moderated that debate and she did a fair job. There were two areas in which things could have been done better in that debate of 4 years ago:

1. The candidates should have been given a lot more time to respond to Farida's questions. The allotted time for responding to questions was simply too short - politicians should be discouraged from treating answers (to questions on policy) as soundbites. Voters shouldn't be forced to make a trade-off between brevity and depth.

2. The candidates should have been given the opportunity to directly engage and challenge one another with pointed questions or statements about performance or non-performance. That's the way it is done in mature democracies.

A few other posters before me have given excellent reasons why a presidential debate serves the public good. I have nothing more to add to those reasons. Mr. Buhari's team may have legitimate reasons for doubting the impartiality of debate organisers put forward this time round. But that risk can easily be mitigated. NN24's Farida Waziri is alive, isn't she? And if she isn't available or considered suitable, surely out of 160 million Nigerians we should be able to find a few men and women who can organise a presidential debate worthy of the name?

A presidential debate is in the public interest, pure and simple. Dr.Jonathan cut and ran 4 years ago and he was roundly (and justifiably) criticised for doing so. There is no reason why Mr. Buhari should turn around to do the same thing this time and some people on here are calling his decision a masterclass in strategy and tactics. Do you think we are children? angry
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by rhymz(m): 6:46am On Feb 03, 2015
Collynzo419:
This is actually a very innovative way of communicating and explaining the manifesto/ policies of the incoming administration.

This is a far better way of engaging with a sizable section of the electorate.

Sai Buhari

You are such an !d!ot whose nuisance is buttlicking Buhari and his minions. Which town hall meetings, very convenient for him, he would rather sit in a setting whose audience has been largely hand picked by his handlers, who will ask him all the very comfortable questions and make him look like an Einstein. The man is very dense and has nothing original besides noise and deception. He can't stand the prospect of his opponent shooting down the loopholes and questioning his oversimplification of Nigeria's problems, he wouldn't want to make the same ignorant statement like stabilizing international oil prices or feeding every primary school children and giving a N5000 pittance to unemployed people, idealistic nonsense with no concrete plan.
Abeg pack one corner with your sucker idiocy, let us know when Buhari is up to the task.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by crackhouse(m): 6:49am On Feb 03, 2015
taharqa:
Am cuming.....
u are cuming? Na wa o, na this thread dey make u cum?.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by olas24u(f): 6:52am On Feb 03, 2015
Elan83:
Nigeria is overdue 4 division,, wot is all dis? Share dis con3 lets us've peace! D sem ppl dat ate d food since 1960 're stil d sem ppl lickin d plates til nw, wot a lifeless country i've found maslf!

GEJ had the chance to change things but he could not do it.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by pekeyim: 6:58am On Feb 03, 2015
raumdeuter:
Excellent thinking. This is why I chose APC. Sensible thinking. Whats the purpose of a debate where they just repeat the same thing and argue among themselves

Let them go and meet the people they would govern who would ask them UNEDITED questions that concerns them not moderated questions by the media

I would suggest they split Osibanjo and Buhari so they can cover more locations in the next 10 days

Lagos, Ibadan, Akure(SouthWest), Benin, Port Harcourt, Warri(SouthSouth) Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri(SouthEast), Jos, Minna, Makurdi(NorthCentral)

2 or 3 Cities in each region
Nobody argues In a Presidential debate. If u watched the US or VP presidential debate, u won't be saying this.

The town Hall meeting is for Osibanjo to answer questions!!!
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by zendy: 7:07am On Feb 03, 2015
I find it funny that APC supporters are coming up with different reasons why Buhari shouldn't come live to showcase his illiteracy and bad English. The very same reason why APC chose Buhari as presidential candidate is the very same reason why he is unelectable. Buharis dark past would have ruled him out of contesting for the presidency if Nigeria was actually a progressive nation. How is it that people want to elect an accomplished coup plotter,renouned autocrat and religious bigot as their president? Oh I know the answer! He is not Igbo or from the south-South lol!
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by humberjade: 7:12am On Feb 03, 2015
I am sure the PDP will still plant their people in the audience to ask the questions they intended asking during the cancelled Presidential Debate.

because when u have nothing concrete to offer d masses, u go extra mile in making sure u portray ur more popular opponent in bad-light.

But no matter what they do to derail this train of CHANGE; if God is involved, there is nothing mere mortals can do.

Unless the LORD
builds the house, They labor in vain who build it...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Describe Buhari's 2 Months Presidency ... In One Word Or Phrase!! / Bode George To Bisi Akande: Withdraw Your Book, Apologise To Yoruba Elders / I Have Fulfilled My Promise To Retire Akume - Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.