Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings (32236 Views)

Buhari Begins The Process Of Payment Of N5,000 To Extremely Poor Nigerians -Pic / Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / President Buhari Begins Short Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by wazobiaN9(m): 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
kay1one:

Your iq is what I'm fascinated with! So low its hidden below tonnes of earth!

yet you found it deep down there... guess thats where u belong. Lol
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Collynzo419: 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
westboro:

Where he can easily fool d illiterates like him
smh

Nigerians are not illiterates.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by joeyekembele: 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ee[quote author=kel4soft post=30365776][/quote]
Who is deceiving who here? In the town hall meeting, he will only gather illiterates like him and tell them blunders. Ye ye se smell shame on Buhari! Shame on APC!!! Shame on blind followers!!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by masseratti: 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
Seriously if I have nothing to lose I will attend a debate,GMB should go for the debate,even though with or without debate he has my vote,but with the mudslinging PDP is throwing,I will advise he go for the debate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by donsap648(m): 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
Please try and come to Port Harcourt....we won't make the mistake we made before...your people attacked Jonathan @ ur place...we are waiting for you

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by kay1one(m): 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
eighTHREAD:
people like you are the reason GEJ is fast losing it. Instead of you guys to advice him to follow buhari's campaign style(even when you know you are not smart in establishing new trends), you tell him to carry on with thesame PDP style that has lost him a lot of love. There's no crime in copy copy. I think GEJ is smart enough to know that organizing a town hall meeting like buhari would be disastrous for him, cos he will be stoned when he does it in the north, booed in the SW, hissed at in the SE and kidnapped in the SS.

When people start blindly supporting folly... madness might not be far off!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Iroh88(m): 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
Lailerh:
He's someone's father you know undecided It's really disrespectful calling him THAT
Only folks who aren't bastards would understand what you are saying.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by DesChyko: 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
wazobiaN9:

I believe the town hall meetings would also be beamed live on TV... stay tuned to the better team by far. smiley

There is a difference between a campaign and a debate.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by kay1one(m): 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
wazobiaN9:

yet you found it deep down there... guess thats where u belong. Lol

Usef a scanner! Iti!
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by ilovecritics(m): 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
COWARD undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Bawss1(m): 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
Even when a party does something that is glaringly wrong its supporters come online to construe it as right. Thats just plain disingenuousness.

People should look beyond the APC /PDP rivalry and see that many of these actions border on questions of character and with the kind of display one sees here one has to agree that a great deal of the Nigerian populace is already lost.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by AreaFada2: 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
berem:
This is far better than debate. Meet Nigerians one on one and interact with them.

APC teaching Jonathan how to campaign properly.

This seems like broom & analogue thinking.

How can town hall meetings totally replace a tv debate televised during premium times?

How many people will have time to attend it?

What makes town hall a taboo if done along with TV debates?

You guys don't have to justify any odd or awkward decision taken by APC/Buhari.

First you guys claimed debate organisers' bias and clamoured for a neutral organiser like Channels TV. Now channels organise one, suddenly you guys claim no need for debate.

Talking from both sides of the mouth is funny.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
How won't he dodge presidential debate when his english is gworo gworo english Come febuary 14, we are sending him on permanent retirement to daura, that's if he doesn't go to jail for forgery and perjury. Nonsense. Shame

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
berem:
This is far better than debate. Meet Nigerians one on one and interact with them.

APC teaching Jonathan how to campaign properly.
It is not a bad thing to do but to shun a debate portrait him as clueless and a man afraid of issue base campaign, debates are important in democracy as for me town hall meeting is where lies are said to solicit for votes. It seems like everyday Mr integrity keep losing his integrity.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by kay1one(m): 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
raumdeuter:
Excellent thinking. This is why I chose APC. Sensible thinking. Whats the purpose of a debate where they just repeat the same thing and argue among themselves

Let them go and meet the people they would govern who would ask them UNEDITED questions that concerns them not moderated questions by the media

I would suggest they split Osibanjo and Buhari so they can cover more locations in the next 10 days

Lagos, Ibadan, Akure(SouthWest), Benin, Port Harcourt, Warri(SouthSouth) Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri(SouthEast), Jos, Minna, Makurdi(NorthCentral)

2 or 3 Cities in each region

Foolish pack! Wonder how you run your life? Up and down?!
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by ssammy: 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
cbay:

I laugh at you silly. It seems you don't know that the power of vote actually comes from the poorest and low lifers. The elites you mentioned don't have time to vote and prefer to watch from their 100” TV rather than queue for hours to cast vote. So my guy keep laughing.
I bet you there is no way GEJ will win without RIGGING
Na only U dey Vote? Imagine o. We shall see
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by callmenow: 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
Sad day for buhari and APC. The demystification of buhari and APC gathers pace. An appt with the high courts for APC and buhari. The small matter of appearing to mess with his certificates. Then the humiliation of avoiding debate with Jonathan administration to prove to Nigeria that he still have his mojo. What were APC thinking when they chose buhari instead of kwakwanso or even Atiku? The delegates scammed atiku for $2000 each and kwakwanso for $1000 each. Yet they went for this charmless man. Nigeria is in trouble indeed. How can this buffoonish man contend with Obama, Cameron or even Merkel? Nigeria is the laughing stock across the civilised world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by DesChyko: 8:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
GARRIx7:

See painment !!!!

The essence of the debate is for candidates to tell the electorate what they are bringing to the table. The townhall meetings will serve the same purpose. Jonadunce should go debate with himself...

Meanwhile the townhall meetings will be broadcasted by major TV stations nationwide.

Once again the APC has proven to be a step ahead of the clueless party...
Stop consoling yourself. Your cohorts were agitating for a neutral host. They are one step ahead..in illiteracy, that is, much thanks to their leader. All the excuses in the world would still not change the fact that two debates have been shied away from.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Freeandfair: 8:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
DesChyko:
Lol.. What class of elites still attend 'town hall meetings'??grin..
Even keke drivers find it outdated. Well, that's where he belongs, amongst the poorly-informed, else he'ld have been better prepared with his certificate issues amongst others.

So Obama that used it in his elections is still outdated abi, see how brain dey work!!
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by tolexy007(m): 8:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
Sentiment apart town all meetin is nt d best for GMB, GMB has a lots of point to tackcle GEJ in any debate, I tink d man is just shy away, may b he will nt b able to answer some logical question if he go for debate, belive me if Osinbanjo or fasola dat is APC presidential candidate, their will b no debate dey will nt attend...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by hensben(m): 8:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
Truth24:
Where he can easily fool d illiterates like him
smh
A wise move I must say....you talk as if GMB have not been debating in his past presidential campaign were GEJ refused to attend....I think GMB feels those debate are all hoarse because he has been there before unlike GEJ.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
[quote author=kel4soft post=30365776][/quote]

Buhari where is ur certificate?
"It is with WAEC". Sorry, "it is with the Army". Infact, I don't
know but I know my exam number.
OK. Buhari come and debate on AIT/NTA, organised by
NEDG...
"No, I won't".
Oya, Buhari come and debate on Channels TV, organised
by AriseTV and NPAN...
"No, I can't".
Hmm. Seriously, am beginning to doubt this CHANGE dat
they are offering me o. I guess I need to count this
"change" again to make sure its complete before I make
mistakes.
# StillSippingMyGokoCleanser .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by danielmichael(m): 8:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
Yu don see thieves where wan lead us

We cnt consider this bullshit animore

Buhari shud shw us his cows certificate..

Idi0t

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Deapexboy(m): 8:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
ONLY BUHARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing buhari Goodluck!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by aresa: 8:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
kay1one:

Party of illiterates!

What other unintelligent crap would you love to share because the one you just spewed is grossly stale and weak.... grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by aigboeben(m): 8:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
danielmichael:
Yu don see thieves where wan lead us

We cnt consider this bullshit animore

Buhari shud shw us his cows certificate..

Idi0t

Cow certificate? At least there is one
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by olatade(m): 8:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
This is a welcome development,APC and Buhari should not attend any PDP debate using NTA,AIT and their pdp gang,these town hall meetings in the 6 geopolitical zones will be live,it is a better opportunity to ask questions and get answers from the great Buhari
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by adedayourt(m): 8:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by IVORY2009(m): 8:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
Collynzo419:
This is actually a very innovative way of communicating and explaining the manifesto/ policies of the incoming administration.

This is a far better way of engaging with a sizable section of the electorate[b]

Sai Buhari

[b]With this method, the APC will not be able to reachout to a large numbers of eligiable voters, on like when its a televised debate, the whole world can get to see and hear them present wat they got to offer Nigerians, that is my take!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by CriticalThought: 8:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
Collynzo419:
This is actually a very innovative way of communicating and explaining the manifesto/ policies of the incoming administration.

This is a far better way of engaging with a sizable section of the electorate.

Sai Buhari

There is nothing innovative about this, town hall meetings have been going on for a very long time, its just not frequently used in the Nigerian political scene, a series of debate will always reach a wider audience because of publicity especially for those who may be outside the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Osinbajo, Akpabio, Saraki, Dogara At The Villa.Photos / The President’s Men: Those Who Do The Legwork In Aso Rock / APC Picks Bolaji Abdullahi As Spokesman, Timi Frank Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.