Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,156 members, 7,815,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings (32235 Views)

Buhari Begins The Process Of Payment Of N5,000 To Extremely Poor Nigerians -Pic / Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / President Buhari Begins Short Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
Descartes:
[s]You really need a crash course on Personality and Anger Management.I wonder how they cope with you at home. No wonder you've made Nairaland your solace. Very pathetic[/s].

I don't suffer fools like you gladly...since you are not well brought up..outsiders will train you properly...what your parents didn't give you.

Just a social service to help your parents.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
The town hall meeting is more real than the so called debate. Smart move by APC.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Dexema(m): 10:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
emiye:
In all sincerity, the town hall meetings makes more sense than the debates that looks like a dick measuring contest.
If it was a d1ck measuring contest I'm sure Buhari wud win. #abokirooster#
Good and novel move anyway.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by chibas: 10:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
Confuciusng:

Town hall meetings are ok but it can never be substituted for debates in the developed countries.

Reasons:

1. You said it yourself, it's a dick measuring contest, we the people want to know the candidate with the bigger balls. Now, you could say the "general" has more cojones but he has decided to turn tail and run, twice.

2. We want to see the candidates, and compare their policies, ideas and strategies. Show me what you got that makes you a better option than the other guy.

3. We the people need to know their personal take on issues that are important to us like the economy, religion, security, state creation, the confab, resource control, etc. Yeah, they can do that at d town halls but not the same when their opponent is there, they feel relaxed in town halls.

4. You can easily spot and access how each of the candidates will perform under pressure on live TV, there is no better way to know a person's true character until they are under pressure. That is when their true character will reveal itself.

5. We want to see these guys spar intellectually, show us your are smarter than the other guy. Show us you can be creative and innovative.

6. We want to know the issues that are close to the heart of the candidates. We want to read their body language as they respond and be able to say this is what this guy truly cares about.

I could go on. So please enlighten me why this guy feels he can ignore a debate and still win. If this was the US, a candidate running away from a debate twice, that's it for that candidate. He is done and gone.

what if they get there and keep giving u false hope and empty promise with there sweet composed english grammar will that change the reality on ground?to fix nigeria and get it working is what we need regardless of the party.
.mind u to fix nigeria no be by grammar.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
The town hall meeting is like a stage play where d questions & answers re spontaneous or unscripted while d debate is highly scripted & real interaction re limited.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by aresa: 10:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
phreakabit:
Not pro GEJ neither am I Anti Buhari. . . I am non partisan and pretty much think both candidates aren't what the country deserves.
However, they are the best we were able to put forward, so . . .

Question however is : AM I SUPPOSE TO VOTE SOMEONE WHO HASN'T/DOESN'T WANT TO EXPLAIN HIS MANIFESTO TO ME?

I sense something is wrong here. . . Even Obama had a debate with McCain who was clearly not as eloquent or intellectually proficient as Obama. . . We all know GEJ isn't the best orator, heck! He is terrible, also the opposition spare no effort in calling GEJ all sorts of names including DUMB. . . So why is Buhari avoiding this Debate? My intuitions quickly lead me down 2 paths

1, He is clearly avoiding questions regarding his certificate.
2, Are the rumors of memory lapses true?

phreakabit:

Sorry but I am Igbo, We have no business in this. This is simply a classic case of the Northerners ganging up with their loyal Southwestern subordinates to play chess with the outsider. Simply observing things unfold.

We all have sides so why spew your biased and clicky garbage while hiding behind silly disclaimer about not on any side, this depicts as a very deceptive, dishonest and untrustworthy person.

Speak your mind and openly pick your side of the fence, we won't kill you for doing that, but don't think you sound genuine by adding some deceptive and lying disclaimer to your partisan rubbish...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by chibas: 10:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
silvernus0:
actually i will not mind voting for BUHARI but him skippn a debate shows a lot of incompetency,

i cannot vote some who cannot face other aspirate to tell us what economic policies he intend to introduce for a change.

we are not looking at your ascent , or qualification, just let the people have a first hand feel your sincerity that all.

'
but he debated in 2011 guess it does not yeild the desired result so he needed to try other way this time.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by judiciarypalava: 10:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
This is totally unacceptable, how long can this APC shield this illiterate? And these rented APC E-warriors like; berem, collynzo419, bevista, eighTHREAD, GARRIx7, DesChyko, raumdeuter will always support evil and attack anybody with a contrary view.

Is this man this dull? What kind of question is he running away from. APC is just using this town hall thing to boost his self confidence that he has lost as a result of series of failures on his part.

It is not by multiple accounts on social media that buhari will win. You can open more accounts for all l care. One thing is for sure, 14 february is sacrosanct and will be;
ONE MAN ONE PVC ONE VOTE!
ONE WOMAN ONE PVC ONE VOTE!

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by damipayne(m): 10:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
DesChyko:
Lol.. What class of elites still attend 'town hall meetings'??grin..
Even keke drivers find it outdated. Well, that's where he belongs, amongst the poorly-informed, else he'ld have been better prepared with his certificate issues amongst others.

so where do u place Obamas town hall meetings?
thats a thinking mind and a progressive one just like APC
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by melvin0004(m): 10:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
GARRIx7:

See painment !!!!

The essence of the debate is for candidates to tell the electorate what they are bringing to the table. The townhall meetings will serve the same purpose. Jonadunce should go debate with himself...

Meanwhile the townhall meetings will be broadcasted by major TV stations nationwide.

Once again the APC has proven to be a step ahead of the clueless party...
arrangee town hall meeting,only apc members wud attend such.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by engrhorla(m): 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
eighTHREAD:
people like you are the reason GEJ is fast losing it. Instead of you guys to advice him to follow buhari's campaign style(even when you know you are not smart in establishing new trends), you tell him to carry on with thesame PDP style that has lost him a lot of love. There's no crime in copy copy. I think GEJ is smart enough to know that organizing a town hall meeting like buhari would be disastrous for him, cos he will be stoned when he does it in the north, booe
d in the SW, hissed at in the SE and kidnapped in the SS.

Guy, u too much..I owe u one Orijin...

Up up Buhari, down, down Jonathan
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by chibas: 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
duality:
Absolute rubbish!!

Now its obvious the APC are not tired of talking to themselves. A town hall meeting where 99% attendees will be party supporters organised by their party men and women.

A situation where Buhari and Osinbajo will not face on the spot scrutiny and broad appraisal without party sentiments. Always swimming in their comfort zone. The so called town hall meeting is not different from the rallies being done so far. This guys just want us to go for election without us having something concrete to hold them to. Its so unfortunate.

Have we not seen even governorship debates before in various state. Politics is about our choice based on superior ideas. Now after the so called town hall meeting held today, have the media been able to report any meaningful thing?

Nigerians must break out of this spell. something is not just right. How can we be so weak when it comes to APC

God have mercy.
what makes u to had the feeling that only the party faithful we there .
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by ceeethru(m): 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
eighTHREAD:
people like you are the reason GEJ is fast losing it. Instead of you guys to advice him to follow buhari's campaign style(even when you know you are not smart in establishing new trends), you tell him to carry on with thesame PDP style that has lost him a lot of love. There's no crime in copy copy. I think GEJ is smart enough to know that organizing a town hall meeting like buhari would be disastrous for him, cos he will be stoned when he does it in the north, booed in the SW, hissed at in the SE and kidnapped in the SS.
senseless reply. this is not the time of town hall meetings. take a good look at those supporting buhari and tell me what you see. as for me I see hell in leadership if buhari wins.. moreover, taking innocent citizens for town hall meetings is deceptive at this point in time when elections is days ahead.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by phreakabit(m): 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2015
aresa:

We all have sides, to spew your biased and clicky garbage while hiding behind silly disclaimer about not on any side depicts as a very deceptive,m dishonest and untrustworthy person.

Speak your mind and openly pick your side of the fence, we won't kill you for doing that, but don't think you sound genuine by adding some deceptive and lying disclaimer to your partisan rubbish...

Don't think i'd be far off if I were to refer to you as a dimwitted adult, who's half as intelligent as a zygote. Since when did an ethnic group become a political body, let alone being solely linked or affiliated to a political party . If you were smart enough, you'd know your comment was rather stereotypical.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by emiye(m): 11:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
soe:
can u shed more light pls cool

Debates in this clime are usually vain, very time limited, an opportunity for throwing needless jabs at each other, and possibly bunch of psychophants will be cheering whatever nonsense or sense said by candidates.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Gpres(m): 11:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
How many town hall meetings can he attend before the election day ? How many states and LGA can he cover ? Maybe the election will hold in August for him to go around the country
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by aresa: 11:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
[s]
phreakabit:

Don't think i'd be far off if I were to refer to you as a dimwitted adult, who's half as intelligent as a zygote. Since when did an ethnic group become a political body, let alone being solely linked or affiliated to a political party . If you were smart enough, you'd know your comment was rather stereotypical.
[/s]

You bore me. You are not only partisan, you are also a freeking bigot and people like you I find utterly despicable and irrelevant...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by chibas: 11:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
Whitehorse:
I had long given up on APC supporters. The way they justify the absurd is, to put it mildly, mind blowing!

It would have been funny, but it is really pathetic the way these guys reason. You do NOT know how much your tin can messiah is continually rubbishing himself and exposing himself for the charlaten he trully is.

So its now a good strategy to boycott an impartial debate and organise Oluwole town hall meetings? Keep deluding yourself and defending the indefensible.

God bless Nigeria.
same scenerio play out in the pdp camp in 2011 according to report but jonathan won as u can see there is nowhere in the nigeria constitution that says u must debate b4 u contest 4 elections.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by genearts(m): 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2015
tolexy007:
Sentiment apart town all meetin is nt d best for GMB, GMB has a lots of point to tackcle GEJ in any debate, I tink d man is just shy away, may b he will nt b able to answer some logical question if he go for debate, belive me if Osinbanjo or fasola dat is APC presidential candidate, their will b no debate dey will nt attend...

I beg to disagree with you. I think the debate is a waste of time, did you watch they did on sunday?? He attended a debate in 2011 did he win?? GEJ didn't attend but he won. There are just 12 days to the election, instead of wasting time preparing for and attending a debate that doesn't really carry weight why not focus on other strategic campaign measures and I think this town hall meetings is a good one. Honestly speaking its better than a debate.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by nduchucks: 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2015
We are showing the clueless one how to run a very effective campaign.

The clueless one will not have the advantage of using 2 minute photo-ops and wicked one-liners to discredit Buhari. The people will hear directly from the General, they will have the opportunity to ask their own questions directly and not through any paid hacks.

SAI BABA
SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
The man of the moment at the town hall....

Honestly I prefer this format of dialogue....as long as there is enough press coverage.

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Locapito(m): 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
eighTHREAD:
people like you are the reason GEJ is fast losing it. Instead of you guys to advice him to follow buhari's campaign style(even when you know you are not smart in establishing new trends), you tell him to carry on with thesame PDP style that has lost him a lot of love. There's no crime in copy copy. I think GEJ is smart enough to know that organizing a town hall meeting like buhari would be disastrous for him, cos he will be stoned when he does it in the north, booed in the SW, hissed at in the SE and kidnapped in the SS.
you really made my day with ur post, God bless you. Let the clueless one continues with his arrangee one man debate, with D'banj, oritsajafor, tompolo, edwin clark, indomie brain okupe and reno omoKIRIKIRI as
Moderators while Buhari is winning the hearts of many nigerians. Change must surely come.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by phreakabit(m): 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

You bore me. You are not only partisan, you are also a freeking bigot and people like you I find utterly despicable and irrelevant...

Using the best words out of your vocabulary chest (which are funny enough "commoners" ) trying to keep up, and yet you are miles off target at driving your point home. You are and epic failure, an inconsequential being and thus a flea to me. . . Shoo be gone pest. BTW, thats not how to spell freaking.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Confuciusng(m): 11:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
Missy89:

So when did Nigeria become a developed country?

The margin of voters that can be swayed with public debates in Nigeria is still very low because they are not ideological voters. They consider power, ethnic and religious affiliations.

Most voters already know who they are voting for no matter what happens between the next 12 days and the margin of undecided voters are are too low to sway the result of the elections. If APC can get the stakeholders of each region to attend their town hall meetings and deliver a coherent plan, The fallout from not attending the debate will be mitigated and wont affect the final result of the elections.

You have a point, but if team Jonathan can use his declines to paint him as a coward and justify some other believable bullshit, or anything meaningful out of it. That could help. The thing with the town halls is, the further south they come, the emptier those halls will be. We Nigerians are more sentimental than logical. But come to think of it, both parties are useless sef. No concrete feasible plans, just rhetorics all the way, typical third world politics. Smh
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by aresa: 11:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
nduchucks:
We are showing the clueless one how to run a very effective campaign.

The clueless one will not have the advantage of using 2 minute photo-ops and wicked one-liners to discredit Buhari. The people will hear directly from the General, they will have the opportunity to ask their own questions directly and not through any paid hacks.

SAI BABA
SAI BUHARI

They banked on that advantage and potential TV optics, but the APC cornered them, outsmarted them and took the advantage away from them.

They basically got outfoxed by the APC once again...

#CHANGE#GMB2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by tolexy007(m): 11:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
genearts:

I beg to disagree with you. I think the debate is a waste of time, did you watch they did on sunday?? He attended a debate in 2011 did he win?? GEJ didn't attend but he won. There are just 12 days to the election, instead of wasting time preparing for and attending a debate that doesn't really carry weight why not focus on other strategic campaign measures and I think this town hall meetings is a good one. Honestly speaking its better than a debate.
c u, u are tryin to defend wot u urself know dat is nt owk, how many hours will d debate take? can't he attend d debate and after dat go for his council meetin? imagin if it apc dat is challengin gej for debate and gej says he would go council meetin am sure u guys will nt gej rest, because u will say he ran away for d debate because he dos nt hav anytin to defend.
let's call a spade a spade, is big shame on apc dat they cannot tackle gej in debate will all d flaws of gej which visible to d blind.
u said gej dodge debate 2011, yes he does and now can all c its result, dat is y we need dat debate, we can't make same mistake twice.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by aresa: 11:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
[s]
phreakabit:

Using the best words out of your vocabulary chest (which are funny enough "commoners" ) trying to keep up, and yet you are miles off target at driving your point home. You are and epic failure, an inconsequential being and thus a flea to me. . . Shoo be gone pest. BTW, thats not how to spell freaking.
[/s]

phreakabit:
Fulani na animal! Why slit their throats? F**k this African oneness, we are not all the same! Some Africans are animals.

^^^^^ Another of your many ignorant and bigoted utterances.

I wasn't joking when I said you bore me so why keep boring me...? Bigots, liars and deceptive clowns I find very very disgusting...
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by ayifey(m): 11:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
I wonder why its a problem for GEJ supporters when GMB avoids the debate. In 2011 GEJ avoided an independently organized debate and wasn't crucified.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by ludot(m): 11:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
While GMB is holding town hall meeting in Nigeria, GEJ is holding meeting in London.

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by genearts(m): 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
tolexy007:

c u, u are tryin to defend wot u urself know dat is nt owk, how many hours will d debate take? can't he attend d debate and after dat go for his council meetin? imagin if it apc dat is challengin gej for debate and gej says he would go council meetin am sure u guys will nt gej rest, because u will say he ran away for d debate because he dos nt hav anytin to defend.
let's call a spade a spade, is big shame on apc dat they cannot tackle gej in debate will all d flaws of gej which visible to d blind.
u said gej dodge debate 2011, yes he does and now can all c its result, dat is y we need dat debate, we can't make same mistake twice.

God bless Nigeria

Attending the debate is not just the 1hr but the time spent to prepare for it. The debate will only make the build up to the election interesting but it doesn't have much impact. Also nobody will flaw anybody in that debate its just qstn and answer. The debate is good but seriously overrated!
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by innocent1(m): 11:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
This is a clear example of what Buhari tend to do. Bringing back the old outdated way of life. If possible he will ban the use of computers, cars, and mobile phone because he does not know how to use them. Sai Buhari!
#OldFool!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by raumdeuter: 11:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
innocent1:
This is a clear example of what Buhari tend to do. Bringing back the old outdated way of life. If possible he will [size=14pt]bound[/size] the use of computers, cars, and mobile phone because he does not know how to use them. Sai Buhari!
#OldFool!

Mr not outdated, What does the bold mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Female Kidnapper Apprehended In Ikorodu / Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Dangote, Ayiri Emami Attend SGF Son's Wedding In Abuja / Buhari Meets With Osinbajo, Akpabio, Saraki, Dogara At The Villa.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.