Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings (32230 Views)

Buhari Begins The Process Of Payment Of N5,000 To Extremely Poor Nigerians -Pic / Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / President Buhari Begins Short Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by vigasimple(m): 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

When Jonathan shunned debates in 2011 did it stop you and all his followers from voting for him?

1. GEJ is the sitting President. He has verified PHD , even his 1st degree as a southern is better PHD holder in the North. Those guys reason like they are in the 17th century.

2. Bhuari is the challenger here, he is the one with his antecedents that need to proof that not only that he went to school but he also have certificate as required by the constitution. Arrogance is on display here.

3. We want to hear from all the candidates via debates why we should vote for them. An average Almajiris only understand sai Bhuari. I and other educated people don't. We understand issues and how they are going to fund their programs.

4. Debates are structured to deal with every areas of governance. Town is for dubious questions.

APCheats can prepare GMB but because he is a dounce he cannot articulate any vision, that is why they are running away from debates.

This 21st century, we don't need rulers but leaders, unfortunately Bhuari is a dictatorship and born to rule Fulani man, he cannot change. We are just bloody civilians, and he is super General.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
zanga420:
why not allow the illitrates to run the country. Educating n enlightening the so called illitrates is what is development, not when they shout hooo! Hooo! And make troubles. We talk of advancing n u're bringing retrogressive mindset more.

Well Nigerians as a whole needs to be trained on democracy and e.t.c right now this illiterates as u mentioned are the majority of the country. Their Voice matters more than people like us. we need to bring them up to our standards, before Nigeria can move forward.. neglecting them is what causes stuff like boko haram and ethnic cleansing, dragging the country down, along with the literates.. only this time literates go elsewhere and get brain drained. undecided
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Descartes: 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
ilugunboy:

Smelly Villager....when would you get sense ?
You've proven to be a certified clown. gringrin
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 02, 2015
cooljude:
It is irritating to see how so many Buhari supporters reason. Illitracy is still a big disease in Nigeria.

Look at this illiterate talking about illiteracy !

NL is a leveller ! grin
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by aresa: 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
Gondonu:
Nigeria will be making a big mistake if MB is elected as president.Something is terribly wrong with this APC of a party.Debate is more important than other sideway strategies as most audience can be reach via the TV or radio within a short time which is effective in all respect.This is a technologically driven world where your ideas & implimentation can be well scrutinized.A government that is not answerable to the electorate has no business in governance.

Coming from another gej apologist...

With gej dodging the 2011 debates, he shouldn't have been allowed to govern right...or your upside down rules applies only to Buhari and not the corrupt and incompetent joker we have in office today...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Whitehorse: 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
I had long given up on APC supporters. The way they justify the absurd is, to put it mildly, mind blowing!

It would have been funny, but it is really pathetic the way these guys reason. You do NOT know how much your tin can messiah is continually rubbishing himself and exposing himself for the charlaten he trully is.

So its now a good strategy to boycott an impartial debate and organise Oluwole town hall meetings? Keep deluding yourself and defending the indefensible.

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by gratiaeo(m): 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
eighTHREAD:
people like you are the reason GEJ is fast losing it. Instead of you guys to advice him to follow buhari's campaign style(even when you know you are not smart in establishing new trends), you tell him to carry on with thesame PDP style that has lost him a lot of love. There's no crime in copy copy. I think GEJ is smart enough to know that organizing a town hall meeting like buhari would be disastrous for him, cos he will be stoned when he does it in the north, booed in the SW, hissed at in the SE and kidnapped in the SS.
Are u this senseless?
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by major466(m): 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear.
Buhari is dodging the Presidential Debate because he has so much Skeletons in his wardrobe. The thing about lying is that ones you do it, you must come up with new lies to back up the first lie for save landing. Failure to do that will land you into unpleasant scandals. Unfortunately for Buhari, it is impossible for a person to lie his way out without getting caught up, especially in Complex Cobwebs of lies.

APC just looking for cheap cover to interact with people on the same level with their candidate - The ignorant Almajiris without school certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
Descartes:
You've proven to be a certified clown. gringrin

Hungry looking goat....go and eat dry leaves.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by biz4realnair(m): 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
emiye In all sincerity, the town hall meetings makes more sense than the debates that looks like a dick measuring contest.
You definitely are on point!!!
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Djicemob: 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

When Jonathan shunned debates in 2011 did it stop you and all his followers from voting for him?
Typical of APC supporters.

Now these are typical defense APC supporters put up when defending their amiable-ever knowing-general over his recent strings of boycotts in regards to the presidential debate.

You hear stuffs like:
1.Where were you when GEJ debated himself in 2011?

2.AIT is clearly partisan as plans has been put in place to ridicule the general.

3.NTA is also partisan because it is owned by the government.

4.Channels is also partisan

5.Buhari is busy.

6.Buhari is a man of action.

7.Debate or no debate,SAI BUHARI ...and #IhaveDecided

8.Where is our missing $20billion dollar,Jonathan should be more interest in telling us about that.

9.Where are the chibok girls?

10.The wind of change cannot be distracted by mere debates.

Only to escape with a second rally renamed as town hall meeting,which would be staged managed and attended by APC members and supporters.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by aresa: 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
vigasimple:

1. GEJ is the sitting President. He has verified PHD , even his 1st degree as a southern is better PHD holder in the North. Those guys reason like they are in the 17th century.

2. Bhuari is the challenger here, he is the one with his antecedents that need to proof that not only that he went to school but he also have certificate as required by the constitution. Arrogance is on display here.

3. We want to hear from all the candidates via debates why we should vote for them. An average Almajiris only understand sai Bhuari. I and other educated people don't. We understand issues and how they are going to fund their programs.

4. Debates are structured to deal with every areas of governance. Town is for dubious questions.

APCheats can prepare GMB but because he is a dounce he cannot articulate any vision, that is why they are running away from debates.

This 21st century, we don't need rulers but leaders, unfortunately Bhuari is a dictatorship and born to rule Fulani man, he cannot change. We are just bloody civilians, and he is super General.

Na by force to debate ni? We both know you are not voting for the man and debate or no debate, you still won't vote for him so why are you hurting and crying$
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Descartes: 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
ilugunboy:

Hungry looking goat....go and eat dry leaves.
Typical of you, you can't do without insult.Papalolo smh
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Descartes:
[s]Typical of you, you can't do without insult.Papalolo smh[/s]

You are very dense...between you and temitemi1..I don't know who is worse..
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Truth24(m): 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Spray:

what is this son of drug peddler saying?
Who's this Outcast
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by cooljude(m): 10:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
ilugunboy:

Look at this illiterate talking about illiteracy !

NL is a leveller ! grin
As i said earlier, illiteracy is a disease in Nigeria. I would not exchange words with you because you gain some kind of wierd pleasure from E- wars. I don't have time and energy for nauseating arguments. As i have been saying, if you want a sound debate void of abuse and insults, i am ready.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by lagdmark(m): 10:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
Who is interpreting and translating the English for buhari at the meeting.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by stanleyfisher(m): 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
Town Hall meeting?. ..even from the name, it sounds very local showing the kind of local initiative he will fine tune the Keke drivers and market women..seriously this mallam cannot bear this burden of leadership. ..Case closed#

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by stanleyfisher(m): 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
Town Hall meeting. ..even from the name, it sounds very local showing the kind of local initiative he will fine tune the Keke drivers and market women..seriously this mallam cannot bear this burden of leadership. ..Case closed#
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
cooljude:
As i said earlier, illiteracy is a disease in Nigeria. I would not exchange words with you because you gain some kind of wierd pleasure from E- wars. I don't have time and energy for nauseating arguments. As i have been saying, if you want a sound debate void of abuse and insults, i am ready.

grin grin

Keep it up ...I noticed you really took your time to come up with this....you tried this time around.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Elxandre(m): 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
thunder74:
Buhari will not debate simple. I have said it here several times, he has a lot to cover up. You would have noticed that he reads prepared speach these days and cant be allowed to consult his image consultants before answering any live debate questions.
This town hall meeting was an afterthought because the first excuse given was that there was possibility of baise from the organiser. When a more independent bodies agreed to organise the debate, see another maradona excuse. Like I earlier said, it will be too late before many of you screaming change realise that you have entered one chance.
your post cracked me up. ' one chance' grin cheesy
lwkmd
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by putin3: 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
I'm sorry for those that use their time to support APC they can see what's happening to them.if their presidential candidate can't debate how can he convince those will vote him.they still think we re in military reigme.
How can somebody who can't defend his be president of a country
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by gratiaeo(m): 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:
This is damn intelligent. I can see the PDP folks are scared because this is APC schooling PDP in politics. Straight up!

TANiods are now speechless! grin
Schooling PDP on what? Is that the first time you here about town hall meeting during election? I don't blame Olisa Metuh for calling Buhari and his supporters semi-literate
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by phreakabit(m): 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
Not pro GEJ neither am I Anti Buhari. . . I am non partisan and pretty much think both candidates aren't what the country deserves.
However, they are the best we were able to put forward, so . . .

Question however is : AM I SUPPOSE TO VOTE SOMEONE WHO HASN'T/DOESN'T WANT TO EXPLAIN HIS MANIFESTO TO ME?

I sense something is wrong here. . . Even Obama had a debate with McCain who was clearly not as eloquent or intellectually proficient as Obama. . . We all know GEJ isn't the best orator, heck! He is terrible, also the opposition spare no effort in calling GEJ all sorts of names including DUMB. . . So why is Buhari avoiding this Debate? My intuitions quickly lead me down 2 paths

1, He is clearly avoiding questions regarding his certificate.
2, Are the rumors of memory lapses true?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by Descartes: 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
ilugunboy:

You are very dense...between you and temitemi1..I don't know who is worse..
You really need a crash course on Personality and Anger Management.I wonder how they cope with you at home. No wonder you've made Nairaland your solace. Very pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by chibas: 10:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
Sajio:
hahahahahahahah............... How many town halls can he meet up with b4 the election?? ChannelsTv is the best where all Nigerians will b able to hear and ask questions if need b! why is this man taking us backward na?? is the presidential election a village affair.. that they will be discussing in the town hall? Imagine Obame ignoring a debate for a town hall meeting!! God save Nigeria..
have u take time to asked urself this questions
1)how many nigerians understand english?
2)don't u think is better to interact to there target electorate in the local languages they best understand?
3)what stops a town hall meeting to be aired?
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by zanga420: 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
ikp4succes:

Well Nigerians as a whole needs to be trained on democracy and e.t.c right now this illiterates as u mentioned are the majority of the country. Their Voice matters more than people like us. we need to bring them up to our standards, before Nigeria can move forward.. neglecting them is what causes stuff like boko haram and ethnic cleansing, dragging the country down, along with the literates.. only this time literates go elsewhere and get brain drained. undecided
yeah n that's what the enemies of this country likes for them to keep wallowing in their ignorance n illiteracy. Shame
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by elixirnina: 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
Adminisher:
This is a POWER MOVE. Very audacious. The APC has rendered the debates useless and increased the mystique of their presidential candidate.. Many town hall meetings should be held in Abuja, Lagos, Enugu and Porharcourt. It is just as important to showcase the party's manifesto as it is to attract ideas from the audience. Let PDP continue with their own drab, poor English debates that I have been painfully watching the past few days.
when I read comments like this and more I weep for my generation, what have we as electorates asked from Gen. Buhari that he responded. He couldn't show us his certificate, now he can't come and tell us through debate what he will do for us as president. He is always feeling he is not owing anybody any explanation and everybody feel it's okay. Time will tell. Note am not interested in any prqrty

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by OYAY(m): 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
Whoever still think APC and PDP are the same should begin to rethink his\her thought now! What. an innovation! God will bless these strategists,that is why they are progressive! PDP has totally lost it this time arround. Up GMB ! Get your PVC and cast you vote for Buhari and all other APC candidates for smooth running of the programmes on ground.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by chibas: 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
asiwajumi:
After listening to his 2 min speech campaign in each state he have reached.is nt up to 15min all2gether saying same tin.I will kill corruption,I will eradicate corruption,I will stop corruption.then I laugh I see nigeria sinking wit this politician. healthwisely this man is too slow for us.let him swear with quran that is feet. I'm neutral here
what caan i say oh you want someone with sweet mouth to read out lies and empty promises to u abi?see e this period we are in now we need someone with less talk more acting.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by CriticalThought: 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
chibas:
i think the town hall meeting organised by APC is far better than the question and answer session u called debate,because not everybody understand english that they used in the question and answer session yesterday sunday as i believe local language will be use in the town hall interactive session which i believe to be more effective.

Can you tell me where exactly I said I was in support of a "question and answer session" as you called it. You mention local language, so when APC goes to Enugu for a town hall meeting, will GMB speak igbo? or will he need a translator.

If a translator is required, then why not have them for all (or major) languages on different tv stations as well while both candidate speak in English in a proper debate on national tv. We have translators for sign language, this is nothing new.

It is essential that we hear both candidates speak on the issues that affect everyday Nigerians and have a chance to query each other face to face.

Going town hall style only attracts party loyalists, People will not leave their job/take a day off to attend this meeting, but if you have a debate on tv. It is a guarantee that everyone will get a chance to see what both candidates are made up of, straight from the horses mouth.
Re: Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings by gratiaeo(m): 10:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
barcanista:
Sure bro, I have seen and very impressive.
What is impressive about running away from his fellow contestants? Btw; is this the first time u heard about town hall meeting during election?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Imo Mob Lynches Suspected ESN Member Trying To Enforce Sit-At-Home Order / Major Roads Gov Soludo Is Constructing In Awka(photos) / Bode George To Bisi Akande: Withdraw Your Book, Apologise To Yoruba Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.