Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram (27665 Views)

Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola / I Renew My Pledge To Crush Boko Haram - Buhari / Jonathan Lacks Will To Crush Boko Haram, Buhari Tells Kerry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by dulux07(m): 11:28am On Feb 08, 2015
Tho am not a GEJ fan, but i pray that one day within dis 6wks der will be an emergency news and GEJ will announce to the world that they ve defeated boko haram n killed shekau, the same way obama announced d death of osama. But 6 wks, well der is noting God cannot do. Even if GEJ suceeds, wil not stil vote for him, cos y as e waited for so long, cos now that is position is at stake, he decides to do the right thing.Do we know how many lifes that have been lost. Thousands.SMH.
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by maclatunji: 11:29am On Feb 08, 2015
appini:
What I understood about the security reports was that there are ongoing operations in the northeast which will reduce the strength of the military during the elections.

They never said they want to crush Boko Haram within six weeks.

If this is true, no need to postpone elections then but it obviously isn't. I watched. Professor Jega's conference live last night and he made it clear that the 6 weeks sought by security agencies was to bring Boko Haram under control. No other excuse was given for postponing the election.

3 Likes

Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by victorD3: 11:31am On Feb 08, 2015
Dagoma:
yHa
Ha
Ha
Ha
Ha
Ha
Ha
Ha
Ha
Ha

We shall see how a 6 yr old war will be fought in 6 weeks!

Yes its now possible because Book Haram commander is now campaigning with broom in each hands.

1 Like

Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by greatdeal1408: 11:34am On Feb 08, 2015
I never thought things will turned out this way.
When Sahara news was acutely talking about election been postponed about two weeks ago I thought its not possible but here we are, not even sure if there will be election again this year.

Following
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by solayd(m): 11:35am On Feb 08, 2015
OBSERVING[b][/b] shocked
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by ribbit: 11:35am On Feb 08, 2015
JideJamez:
PLEASE HOW CAN I MAKE MY NAIRALAND HOME PAGE TO STOP SHOWING JONATHAN PICTURES.........................NOT GOOD TO BE SEEING EVIL FELLOW EARLY IN THE MORNING @SEUN
usE aDBblocK TO Block unwanted imagEs and adverts
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Rooneyboy(m): 11:39am On Feb 08, 2015
I've always believed that the reign of bokoharam is political.

Mark my words "in this special six weeks" bokoharam would be defeated and there will be jubilation in the land(Nigeria).

I remember having an argument sometime in september last year on this "tape" playing out just before the elections.

*6 weeks of local and international watch
*6 weeks of suspense.
*6 weeks of victory for the Nigerian Army.

A result the present govt couldn't achieve in 6years wld be achieved in 6weeks.

Notwithstanding, I pledge my utmost support for the present govt come march 28.

The devil I know is better than the angel I don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Growingboi(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2015
Folded my hands, sit tight n relax for d best news ever on how BH was crushed. Fellow Nigerians, let there be optimism about our country pls nt everytime pessimism.
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by appini: 11:43am On Feb 08, 2015
maclatunji:

If this is true, no need to postpone elections then but it obviously isn't. I watched. Professor Jega's conference live last night and he made it clear that the 6 weeks sought by security agencies was to bring Boko Haram under control. No other excuse was given for postponing the election.

To restore sufficient normalcy in the northeast before the election, meanwhile operations are going on by the joint military taskforce from our neighbouring countries
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Expsbterror(m): 11:44am On Feb 08, 2015
My question. Does this #sixweekspressure bring Chibok girls?
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Expsbterror(m): 11:46am On Feb 08, 2015
maclatunji:
The Presidential election that was hitherto scheduled for February 14, 2015. has been postponed to March 28, 2015 by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) based on the security report given by Nigeria's. security agencies under the coordination of the National Security Adviser (NSA) Sambo Dasuki.

The security chiefs have requested 6 weeks to crush Boko Haram and like Attahiru Jega told us last night, "we should hope for the best".

This thread is dedicated to reporting and monitoring progress being made in the war against Boko Haram or the lack of it as the case may be over the next 6 weeks.

I have not heard of any report yet in this regard on Day 1.

My question. Does this #sixweekspressure bring Chibok girls?
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by lorddannie: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2015
We are counting down:

1. Scores of BH members killed in Borno in an attempt to attack Damboa

https://www.nairaland.com/2136430/scores-boko-haram-terrorists-killed

2. Escalation of military activities in the North-East

https://www.nairaland.com/2129364/military-escalation-ne

3. https://www.nairaland.com/2146792/sambisa-forest-mission-military-destroy

4.https://www.nairaland.com/2150531/nigerian-military-retakes-monguno-other.

5.https://www.nairaland.com/2151453/military-seize-food-logistics-meant

6. https://www.nairaland.com/2154232/nigerian-military-kills-over-300

7. https://www.nairaland.com/2154585/terrorists-incur-heavy-casualty-2/6

8. https://www.nairaland.com/2156432/more-terrorists-die-air-campaign

9. https://www.nairaland.com/2138445/nigerian-airforce-drone-strike-shatters

10. https://www.nairaland.com/2156412/boko-haram-158-kidnapped-victims

11. https://www.nairaland.com/2157062/boko-haram-attacks-adamawa-village

12. https://www.nairaland.com/2156943/breaking-news-air-force-storms

13. https://www.nairaland.com/2159947/fleeing-boko-haram-terrorists-drown

14. https://www.nairaland.com/2159774/nigerian-troops-recapture-baga-after

15. https://www.nairaland.com/2161649/dhq-military-captures-arms-caches

16. https://www.nairaland.com/2163436/troops-arrest-terrorists-disguising-women

17. https://www.nairaland.com/2166036/good-news-21-boko-haram-terrorist

18 https://www.nairaland.com/2166021/video-soldiers-dancing-after-pounding

19 https://www.nairaland.com/2170924/photos-chadian-military-captures-suspected

20. https://www.nairaland.com/2170679/nigerian-military-recaptures-two-more
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by maclatunji: 11:49am On Feb 08, 2015
Collynzo9:

You should start the counting from February 14th, that is 6 weeks for you.
You guys have started your nonsense voodoo mathematics again.

Today is the day after which the military confirmed that there will be no election on February 14 to "distract" them, going by your logic, they even have 8 weeks not 6 weeks.

By the way, this administration has been pointing at recent battles as evidence of its ability to defeat Boko Haram within the next few weeks.
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by immortalvoices(m): 11:49am On Feb 08, 2015
I am in....

I will be positive and also commit the lives of our security heroes in God's hand

Goodness in the end!!!
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Skywalker5(m): 11:50am On Feb 08, 2015
dulux07:
Tho am not a GEJ fan, but i pray that one day within dis 6wks der will be an emergency news and GEJ will announce to the world that they ve defeated boko haram n killed shekau, the same way obama announced d death of osama. But 6 wks, well der is noting God cannot do. Even if GEJ suceeds, wil not stil vote for him, cos y as e waited for so long, cos now that is position is at stake, he decides to do the right thing.Do we know how many lifes that have been lost. Thousands.SMH.

That's what GEJ wants. Boko harem's death will boost his presidential campaign
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Rooneyboy(m): 11:50am On Feb 08, 2015
joseph1832:
Bros sorry no be today yansh dey back. If the Nigerian Military can not destroy Boko Haram all this time, I fail to see how they'll do it in just six weeks! Everything done is just delaying tactics... When March 28 finally arrives, we'll prepare ourselves for another cock and bull story.

Nope bro !!!

U are wrong bro, its a "victory alas" tactics.

The world is watching.
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Collynzo9: 11:52am On Feb 08, 2015
maclatunji:

Today is the day after which the military confirmed that there will be no election on February 14 to "distract" them, going by your logic, they even have 8 weeks not 6 weeks.

By the way, this administration has been pointing at recent battles as evidence of its ability to defeat Boko Haram within the next few weeks.
INEC chairman clearly said that the securtiy chiefs informed him that the operation is scheduled to begin on the 14th of February.
Start counting from then.
Stop being deceptive.
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by tonididdy(m): 11:57am On Feb 08, 2015
if they can bring back the chibok girls in 6wks that be a great news

for crying out loud Mr.president...200+ missing kids since more than 9months now?, Jesu...how clueless and irresponsible can a president and his military be and they have no shame but to campaign and postpone an election.

our military need real tough hands like that on an old, ruthless general in the man of buhari...the military get mind to threaten jega but what about the police force and nscdc...ha...am so bitter

ordinary Sudan won't do this...do you know the number of international media that trooped into naija just to cover 'the supposed feb14th election''...Chai naija...which way...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Rooneyboy(m): 11:59am On Feb 08, 2015
elantraceey:

Army that haven't been able to deliver in four years and you expect me to believe miracle will happen in six weeks?

Watch and see how things will unfold in the said six weeks.

I repeat, its going to be a total success for the Nigerian army.

2 Likes

Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by bimbor(m): 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
rayval:
It is time to take our chance" not give us our chance.....nobdy can give us exept we take it either by violence or what ever means...Nigeria has no youth. We re dead-nt rite, no power, no unity, nothing**we allow some old fools.. Some beasts of no nation, some thieves to gamble with not just our future but that of our children..and we stupidly come out with empty brains to campaign , argue, fight, and eventually vote for those two selfish people**where is the youth, where is the leader of tomorrow, where re you..you'v sold your value..and one silly thing we fail to realise is that..They fear us. They re scared..they knw d power is actually in our hands..but the Nigerian youth knws nothing abt d definition of freedom, d Nigerian youth knows nothing about democracy. We re afraid of Living..Oh God....Jesus wept-i'm doing same**It is time to create a future our parents never did..it is time to build a home, a country and a fatherland..I stand for a movement, I stand for the truth I stand against Buhari and Jonathan..I stand against pdp and Apc, I stand against christians and muslims, I stand against the north, south, east and west. I stand for one Nigeria, I stand for the youth and I stand for the truth, I stand for for change-you nd I....we need a total cleansweep..we need revolution..social revolution precisely..we have the power we shouldn't fail our children**#MOVEMENT OF THE PEOPLE# this is our home we need to recreate it..there is no weapon stronger than our voice, our unity, our zeal, our value, our right and our dream.....we can do this**they cn alws kill us but cn nva kill our dreams**It is better to die for something than live for nothing***We need change-we don't need buhari, we need change we don't need Jonathan...time to rewrite History**it is time to redeem d national pledge to Nigeria our country-If is see any bloody youth campaigning or telling me shits abt APC nd PDP, I will blow of his brains nd bury him with pride-nd I'd hope to gt a virgin for dat in heaven..Bleep any one of you who clamour for chnge via those old men..*nd I would see u born in hell wen my dream is born**movement of the people#

This guy must be high on some cheap Skunk!
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
4rm what I see Ppl want diz elections to hold regardless of d insurgency, Itz even bad when some are praying nothing should happen Nd BH should still remain by d end of d 6weeks.. D truth is d tension created by d Feb 14 election date was even felt on nairaland FP, regardless of d results dea may b chaos.. Insurgents feast on chaos in fact dey love an unstable nation, d security agencies would b stretched to dea limits!! Letz stop d name calling Nd b nationalistic in our opinions.. Let d joint operation continue without d election as a distraction...

GOD HELP US
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Rooneyboy(m): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
Collynzo9:

INEC chairman clearly said that the securtiy chiefs informed him that the operation is scheduled to begin on the 14th of February.
Stop being deceptive.

But what's so special about 14th of feb

Don't get me wrong boss , I'm strongly under ur umbrella with u.
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by femorocafella: 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
BREAKING NEWS.

Just got this message 2weeks ago : " We are just 15 days to go to the elections but sadly the indicators on ground points to the fact that there will be no election that day into the office of president. The PDP strategists have already filled four cases in court to stop Buhari based on the certificate issue. They will get a 'friendly' judge to sit over the case. This announcement will come on the eve of the elections since courts are closed weekends. First hand information I have is the president is planning to handover on May 29, but not to Buhari. The plan is to Hanover to Chief of Defense Staff Alex Badeh. The plan is for the CDS to head an interim govt for six months. Badeh has reached mandatory 35 years retirement service limit.He is only being retained for the purpose of the interim govt. He is a northerner from Adamawa state and his home town has been sacked by BH. It is hoped he will be an acceptable interim president by the north. We say no to all these wicked plans and we must pray against them. The details are being finalized as we speak. The Fed govt have privately acknowledged this election will end in massive defeat for the incumbent but rather than let that happen, plan is to hand over to Badeh."
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by darlenese(f): 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
Even if God does,NT exist , the devil will never be an option,
I give my vote to GEJ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by joseph1832(m): 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
Rooneyboy:

Nope bro !!!

U are wrong bro, its a "victory alas" tactics.

The world is watching.
"Victory alas" tactics? Bro you should know "only a fool celebrate the victory of a battle when the war rages on"
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by deeptesting(m): 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
Collynzo9:

Stop being deceptive.

The operation can even start by March 28th, we will still be counting.
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by hushmail: 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2015
in the end, the elections will still hold;

everyone should rather concentrate on supporting the

govt and army on this present fight against BH

BH is the common enemy not APC or PDP
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by chibas: 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2015
official countdown!
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by doctokwus: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
I don't see this ending well for GEJ and the architects of this plan.Nigeria may be on the verge of something so much sinister and devilish that it cudnt even have been imagined when this man took power just 5yrs ago.
GEJ is standing against a moving train and history shd tell every sensible person how it always ends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
He cannot defeat the insurgents for 6 years and now want to destroy them for 6 weeks.

GEJ I hail your cluelessness. The worst president in Nigeria history.
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by ollyruffy: 12:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Crush boko haram in 6 weeks? What they failed to achieve all these years is not possible for them in 6 weeks.

BTW, we all know they only used that as an excuse to have 6 more weeks to plan how to rig the elections or disqualify Buhari.
Re: Thread To Monitor 6-Week War To Crush Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
rayval:
It is time to take our chance" not give us our chance.....nobdy can give us exept we take it either by violence or what ever means...Nigeria has no youth. We re dead-nt rite, no power, no unity, nothing**we allow some old fools.. Some beasts of no nation, some thieves to gamble with not just our future but that of our children..and we stupidly come out with empty brains to campaign , argue, fight, and eventually vote for those two selfish people**where is the youth, where is the leader of tomorrow, where re you..you'v sold your value..and one silly thing we fail to realise is that..They fear us. They re scared..they knw d power is actually in our hands..but the Nigerian youth knws nothing abt d definition of freedom, d Nigerian youth knows nothing about democracy. We re afraid of Living..Oh God....Jesus wept-i'm doing same**It is time to create a future our parents never did..it is time to build a home, a country and a fatherland..I stand for a movement, I stand for the truth I stand against Buhari and Jonathan..I stand against pdp and Apc, I stand against christians and muslims, I stand against the north, south, east and west. I stand for one Nigeria, I stand for the youth and I stand for the truth, I stand for for change-you nd I....we need a total cleansweep..we need revolution..social revolution precisely..we have the power we shouldn't fail our children**#MOVEMENT OF THE PEOPLE# this is our home we need to recreate it..there is no weapon stronger than our voice, our unity, our zeal, our value, our right and our dream.....we can do this**they cn alws kill us but cn nva kill our dreams**It is better to die for something than live for nothing***We need change-we don't need buhari, we need change we don't need Jonathan...time to rewrite History**it is time to redeem d national pledge to Nigeria our country-If is see any bloody youth campaigning or telling me shits abt APC nd PDP, I will blow of his brains nd bury him with pride-nd I'd hope to gt a virgin for dat in heaven..Bleep any one of you who clamour for chnge via those old men..*nd I would see u born in hell wen my dream is born**movement of the people#

E-activist, huh?

We know all these things so stop making it sound as if you just found a magic golden tab in an Egyptian tomb.

But sitting back wherever you are and typing this hoping some people with two heads each will march out in protest after reading it doesn't make you any different.

Step out and we'll follow you or you might as well save your e-ink!

Nice write-up by the way.

More power to your elbow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Write Nigerians / Saraki And Tinubu Spotted Talking,laughing At NASS Presidential Dinner (photos) / EndSARS Riots: Sanwo-Olu In TVC, Consoles Management And Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.