Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,523 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help (43822 Views)

Prostitutes Shamed Man Publicly For Running Away After Night Of Marathon Sex / I Caught My Best Man With My Wife Two Weeks To Our Wedding. / My Best Friend Dating My Ex Pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by 100Cents: 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
mmsen:
Clearly this young lady is not mature enough to be married.

I hope that both of these men see what she is about before they do so something silly.

How many of them mature before ?

It is an intelligence thing not body maturity per say. Some ladies think and behave like children till old age..
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by hitler30: 9:08pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ooooooooooollllllllllleeeeeeeeeeee
dossypretty:
It took me so much courage before I could come out here to share my problem.

It all started in 2012 when I met my ex in Lagos and we kicked it off in a relationship but little did I know that he was still keeping a girl he claimed to have left, along the line we started having issues about the same girl to the point of him beating me.

This guy in question was once married but lost his wife after childbirth and so with this my parents refused me marrying him because he was talking about marriage. So after like 10 months he was still treating me bad I decided to quit the relationship but he begged that he will never do it again. Months later he travelled abroad and I also got a job in another city and left.

We still kept in touch but I met another man in the new city and decided to give him a chance. Though this new guy has no child but his problem is that he gets angry too much and wants to control everything about me but he is very generous . He doesn't even care if I'm sick or not, unlike my former guy who is more caring and always want to pet me.

Now I'm at a cross road because the one here has gone to see my parents and has set a date for the wedding and preparations are on top gear while the one abroad has come back to marry me like he promised. I'm really not happy with the one here because of his attitude and i'm contemplating on running away with the one from abroad because he understands me better.

Please is love enough in marriage?? Help me as your sister
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by mmsen: 9:08pm On Feb 16, 2015
100Cents:

How many of them mature before ?

It is an intelligence thing not body maturity per say. Some ladies think and behave like children till old age..

In my honest opinion many are not worth calling 'wife', at any point.

Those women should be left alone for the good of the community - they will only raise damaged children.
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by 100Cents: 9:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
andromida:

Owk he listens to you but you feel he does not show you enough care?

Do you like him?

Yes, she likes me undecided ..
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by andyanders: 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2015
[b]OP, NOTE CAREFULLY

In fact, this is a dicey situation you are in because the taste of friendship is not the taste of marriage.What matters most here is trust and understanding between you and anyone that you want to spend the rest of your life with.Anger is a serious issue herein and what matters most is attitude. It seems both of them has an anger issue but for a would be husband not to think of your health is a problem here.

Now, one thing about life here is that no perfect man on the entire face of this earth. The worst you can deal with is anger issue.The one home has an attitude problem but proving for your needs without thinking of your health issue is an issue.The most important thing herein is for you to see the one you can manage and be able to handle the bad side of that person.

Also, have you asked yourself why both men always get angry with you? Find the areas of your life that make this men to act the way they do and make amends if any. But note that, the taste of friendship is not the taste of marriage. The guy home seems to lack this attitude maybe when you start making children, he would not be having time to think about your welfare, which is wrong and could turn to be an issue.

The guy that just came back of which you have much love for, could be the right person because his journey outside this country must have impacted positively and he could be a better husband and would not raise his hands on you.
Wish you gudluck

While wishing God's drection and His protection, think well [/b]
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by 100Cents: 9:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
dustydee:
One beats you the other is not caring. hmmmn. Look well before you leap, from your story, both of them may not be right for you.

The first one beats her and cheats on her. That's who she wants to run to. ( mental )..

The second one is not caring but very generous.

This lady is a very stubborn girl. The second guy is a nice man who won't cheat or beat her but she keeps getting him angry.. Blaming him again for getting angry..

1 Like

Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by 100Cents: 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:
If you were my sister I would advise you not to marry any of them. They both do not respect you enough. If they do this before marriage what do you think would happen after marriage?

The following are likely:

For your ex:

1) He will continue to beat you. Probably the wife died from complications arising from the beating she received from him while she was pregnant.
2) He will continue to cheat on you.
3) The petting you crave would go out the window cause you are now part of his property.

For your present guy:

1) He may not allow you work and may get angry when you ask him for money casue he may think he has already given you more than enough when you guys were dating.

2) You may most likely be confided to the house. No going out with friends and any male visitor is a potential suspect which may lead to some unhealthy situations at home.

3) You would have no right to say you are tired when he feels like having sex. He owns you and would want you to fulfill his every sexual fantasy whether you like to or not.

4) You may most likely be turned to his maid. You do everything that is required of you as at when due without complaint of tiredness.

If all those await my sister in any man, I would advise her to look the other way. Better to remain single than go through those hassles. So I advise you as a brother not to marry any of them. smiley
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by 100Cents: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:
If you were my sister I would advise you not to marry any of them. They both do not respect you enough. If they do this before marriage what do you think would happen after marriage?

The following are likely:

For your ex:

1) He will continue to beat you. Probably the wife died from complications arising from the beating she received from him while she was pregnant.
2) He will continue to cheat on you.
3) The petting you crave would go out the window cause you are now part of his property.

For your present guy:

[s]1) He may not allow you work and may get angry when you ask him for money casue he may think he has already given you more than enough when you guys were dating.

2) You may most likely be confided to the house. No going out with friends and any male visitor is a potential suspect which may lead to some unhealthy situations at home.

3) You would have no right to say you are tired when he feels like having sex. He owns you and would want you to fulfill his every sexual fantasy whether you like to or not.

4) You may most likely be turned to his maid. You do everything that is required of you as at when due without complaint of tiredness.

If all those await my sister in any man, I would advise her to look the other way. Better to remain single than go through those hassles. So I advise you as a brother not to marry any of them[/s] . smiley

Thank you..
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by 100Cents: 9:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
sheymoni:
Choose the one with the longest dick grin
You'll thank me later

Exactly, that is the wife beater.

She shouldn't also forget to vote for JONATHAN.

Op, wish you GOODLUCK..
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by freecocoa(f): 9:34pm On Feb 16, 2015
[quote author=100Cents post=30796184

This lady is a very stubborn girl. The second guy is a nice man who won't cheat or beat her but she keeps getting him angry.. Blaming him again for getting angry..[/quote]How did you arrive at this conclusion biko?
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by 100Cents: 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
[quote author=freecocoa post=30796716][/quote]

She is actually double dating right now.

With one leg in Nigerian generous guy, one leg abroad with wife beater. Her current relationship is experiencing stress that is always associated with an unfaithful partner. That is why the nice guy is always getting angry.

My dear, I know girls at the back of my palm. Once she submits fully to her fiance, he will stop getting angry with her. Women always call the nice guy a control freak. No be today. The guy is only asking her to remain faithful.

We have gone this road many times..
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by sanbells(f): 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
Tydies:
Pls run away but make sure you don't run away with his money..
lol
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by Champella(m): 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
raayah:
Take a coin and name the two sides. One LOCAL and the other ABROAD. Flip the coin. Easy peesy.

Honestly, i think you will make a very good Centre Referee in football. Your comments just dey make me laugh since morning
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
[size=28pt]Cancel The Marriage, wait for Gods Will. if really married already, then tis for better for worse. ur duty will now be to pray for a change of heart.[/size]
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by eagleeyez: 9:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
dossypretty:

It all started in 2012 when I met my ex in Lagos and we kicked it off in a relationship but little did I know that he was still keeping a girl he claimed to have left, along the line we started having issues about the same girl to the point of him beating me.

This guy in question was once married but lost his wife after childbirth and so with this my parents refused me marrying him because he was talking about marriage. So after like 10 months he was still treating me bad I decided to quit the relationship but he begged that he will never do it again. Months later he travelled abroad and I also got a job in another city and left.

We still kept in touch but I met another man in the new city and decided to give him a chance. Though this new guy has no child but his problem is that he gets angry too much and wants to control everything about me but he is very generous . He doesn't even care if I'm sick or not, unlike my former guy who is more caring and always want to pet me.

Now I'm at a cross road because the one here has gone to see my parents and has set a date for the wedding and preparations are on top gear while the one abroad has come back to marry me like he promised. I'm really not happy with the one here because of his attitude and i'm contemplating on running away with the one from abroad because he understands me better.

Honestly....... None of them is your husband. Wait for him and be patient. If you decide to marry this one that has paid your dowry... You have your self to blame

The first one is selfish and wicked .. This second one is also not caring, his generosity will stop once u get into his house.
Damn consequences and walk out on them all.else you will remember this advise
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by freecocoa(f): 9:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
100Cents:

She is actually double dating right now.

With one leg in Nigerian generous guy, one leg abroad with wife beater. Her current relationship is experiencing stress that is always associated with an unfaithful partner. That is why the nice guy is always getting angry.

My dear, I know girls at the back of my palm. Once she submits fully to her fiance, he will stop getting angry with her. Women always call the nice guy a control freak. No be today. The guy is only asking her to remain faithful.

We have gone this road many times..
You know a few women doesn't mean you know all women, I didn't read the part where she said her fiance complains about her infidelity, plus you don't even know that she's dating the new guy, could be he came back and reached out to her, doesn't mean they are dating, she wants to make a decision based on their relationship before he traveled.

Meanwhile, I just want to clarify that being a control freak or having anger issues has nothing to do with infidelity. If the dude's anger based on her supposed unfaithfulness, I wonder why he wants to marry her.
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by 100Cents: 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
freecocoa:
You know a few women doesn't mean you know all women, I didn't read the part where she said her fiance complains about her infidelity, plus you don't even know that she's dating the new guy, could be he came back and reached out to her, doesn't mean they are dating, she wants to make a decision based on their relationship before he traveled.

Meanwhile, I just want to clarify that being a control freak or having anger issues has nothing to do with infidelity. If the dude's anger based on her supposed unfaithfulness, I wonder why he wants to marry her.

Do you think she will tell you that she is unfaithful even if she is ? Her eyes are still outside hence her misbehaviour..

Unfaithfulness doesn't mean sleeping with another man. That's the height of it. Indecision in itself, comparison, double mindedness, insatiable longings. These are all unfaithfulness..

1 Like

Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by oputa1000(m): 10:09pm On Feb 16, 2015
d guy from abroad don dey confuse u with too much money. Nne u won go enjoy d abroad money and notin more..
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by iamord(m): 10:11pm On Feb 16, 2015
dossypretty:

the two men are hell all together . and a double edge sword. you go for any one u will have to endure a life of sadness, domestic violence. that's if u don't end up dead.. you need to let your brain speak now. and not your heart. you need a fresh start. if possible a change of location. and a much better person that will love and care for u for who you are will come up. your power of yes and no will play a decisive role now. u should know when to call it a quit. as for me I don't see a future with the two guys you mentioned. God bless u and be with u.
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yes I believe my dream and I ve conviction about it that is while I decided ti go ahead with the marriage
Adaeze003:

Uhm... dreams are sometimes what we want to see, other times it's actually our spirit conveying a message. or so I heard.

How do you know you can trust your dreams? Has God spoken via dreams to you before?

Last question, are you happy with this man?
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
Amen and thank u.
iamord:
the two men are hell all together . and a double edge sword. you go for any one u will have to endure a life of sadness, domestic violence. that's if u don't end up dead.. you need to let your brain speak now. and not your heart. you need a fresh start. if possible a change of location. and a much better person that will love and care for u for who you are will come up. your power of yes and no will play a decisive role now. u should know when to call it a quit. as for me I don't see a future with the two guys you mentioned. God bless u and be with u.

1 Like

Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
I am not that stubborn just that he wants everything done his way no high way options [quote author=freecocoa post=30796716][/quote]
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by popson1st: 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
See woman..

1 Like

Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by cap28: 10:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
Steer clear of both.

The first one is a playa and an opportunist and does not mean well, he has already shown you a glimpse of what life will be like if you marry him. He is also a potential wife beater which should be a complete deal breaker for any sane woman. It seems as if you have issues with low self esteem.

The second one is emotionally unavailable and also has anger issues which are likely to escalate if he doesn't get his way, marriage to such a man will mean having to suppress who you are and pander to his every need, it will be like walking on eggshells 24/7 - can you live like that? If he doesn't get his way he will take his anger out on you violently, he will expect you to be docile and submissive 24/7 - can you do that?

If he is generous as you say he may lavish you with expensive gifts but you will be starved of actual love and affection - isn't it better to have a man who values and respects you rather than a cold distant and emotionless man?

If you marry guy no 1 your life will be filled with misery and pain but you will not fare much better with guy no 2, the main difference is that guy no 2 may provide you with a more comfortable lifestyle - you are young and attractive wait for a good man who will place you on a pedestal and value you - the choice is yours. wink

1 Like

Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
dossypretty:
Yes I believe my dream and I ve conviction about it that is while I decided ti go ahead with the marriage

So, why are you here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by Eberex(m): 10:55pm On Feb 16, 2015
interesting advices
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by eyeqpee(m): 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
Please house! Let no one be angry about this my question please. I have seen this statement times with out number on this thread "IT'S CLEAR THIS LADY IS NOT YET READ OR PREPARED FOR MARRIAGE ". Please advice me how to know that a lady is ready for marriage. Thanks. Please i didn’t mean to digress from the thread.
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yes I mind what I say or do with d guy here and that is a very big problem for me because it seems I don't ve a life of my own. Am so unhappy because he seem not to think he is doing the wrong thing.
cap28:
Steer clear of both.

The first one is a playa and an opportunist and does not mean well, he has already shown you a glimpse of what life will be like if you marry him. He is also a potential wife beater which should be a complete deal breaker for any sane woman. It seems as if you have issues with low self esteem.

The second one is emotionally unavailable and also has anger issues which are likely to escalate if he doesn't get his way, marriage to such a man will mean having to suppress who you are and pander to his every need, it will be like walking on eggshells 24/7 - can you live like that? If he doesn't get his way he will take his anger out on you violently, he will expect you to be docile and submissive 24/7 - can you do that?

If he is generous as you say he may lavish you with expensive gifts but you will be starved of actual love and affection - isn't it better to have a man who values and respects you rather than a cold distant and emotionless man?

If you marry guy no 1 your life will be filled with misery and pain but you will not fare much better with guy no 2, the main difference is that guy no 2 may provide you with a more comfortable lifestyle - you are young and attractive wait for a good man who will place you on a pedestal and value you - the choice is yours. wink
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by Tymax(m): 11:09pm On Feb 16, 2015
Lol. She is planning to marry the "generous" guy with anger issues. When he was spending money on you, you didn't mind his anger and bossy attitude. Now that marriage is looming, you eyes have been opened.

You cannot run anywhere. You don chop. You must pay. grin

Even if you want to run sef....why must it be with someone who would always cheat on you?

Ladies sha.
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by KLand(m): 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
Going by what you said, I would say none of the two guys will make a good husband for you. You deserve someone better than any of them. Avoid regrets: do not marry someone that you are not convinced loves you enough. In the same vein, don't marry a wife beater. Wait for a good husband, he will come along.
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by janny89: 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
My dear am also in the same mess with u I decided nt to marry any of them.
Re: Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
Really? I have this fear of starting all over again.
janny89:
My dear am also in the same mess with u I decided nt to marry any of them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dating A Girl In Her Early 20's. Experienced And Mature Response Needed. / Pls Help A Nairalander.... Help Save A Life / Upload Your Sunday Selfie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.