Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. (40754 Views)

"Obasanjo Was Wrong About Chibok Girls" - Falana, Odumakin / "Khadijah Didn't Mention ISIS When I Dropped Her @ The Airport"-Nigerian Mum Vic / I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by tete7000(m): 6:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
femy2010:

Frankly, you did buttress the point on the dynamic nature of human being.

My brother, I once read a philosophical book on the mind. The last chapter of the book was about the other minds. One of the point raised in that book is that what makes human beings complex is the problem of the other minds. We don't have access to contents of other people's mind and have to make do with what they reveal to us by way of talking. A man might be thinking A and tell you B. Many hidden motives drive people's actions and words, only time and attentive listening can give us a glimpse of those motives. The changes and cross carpeting we see around us is what keeps telling us that many governing us are unstable and cannot always be relied on. They will change always to suit their fancies while lying they have the good of masses at heart.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by Chigold101(m): 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
GboyegaD:

He has reneged on almost everything and can be said that he is not a man of his words.
mention four things which GEJ said he will do and never did it.
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by Chigold101(m): 7:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
GboyegaD:

He has reneged on almost everything and can be said that he is not a man of his words.
mention four things which GEJ said he will do and never did it...
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by GboyegaD(m): 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
Chigold101:
mention four things which GEJ said he will do and never did it...

You are joking right?
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by Ovamboland(m): 9:18pm On Feb 22, 2015
I never knew Yinka Odumakin is this gullible, and for his years as an activist he still not street smart with whatever ideals he has. To think he was even outfoxed by colorless Goodluck speaks volume about him. can anyone in the house fathom how Jonathan will Ímplement' according to Odumakin, the recommendations of the conference.
Months since the meeting or is it conference ended, which part or whole of the documents has GEJ passed to the appropriate body, national Assembly that can implement anything? Nada.

Of all the positions canvassed and agreed at the conference, can anyone list 3 items of pertaining to restructuring you can say Jonathan is passionate about, State police, State rights, devolution of powers, Railway reform with state control, deregulation of sea and river ports by FG, state control of intra-state power distribution, Ofshore-Onshore dichotomy etc. Has any of these topics remotely crossed his lips in his numerous dour media chats? Has he even pushed one single issue to the National assembly and it got defeated? None.

At what time did Jonathan start believing in National conference? just about a year to the elections he severally promised he will not contest and yet earns Odumakins trust.

And that is the person naive Odumakin is hinging his decades of activism and reputation on to deserve support inspite of the danger his continued occupation of that seat portends to the survival of Nigeria.

I think he enjoys participating in street barricades as that is the way out if Jonathan wins and reneges on even dusting the report from wherever it is kept.
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by Ovamboland(m): 9:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
kalohkaloh:
Odumakin is a huge disappointment and a disgrace to the Yorubas! Which confab is he and Adenifere dealers (sorry leaders) talking about? The confab was a fraud! It has no legal basis and its membership was not democratic at all but reflected the selfish interest of its conveners! Am sure genuine Yorubas know better. Awolowo would turn in his grave in protest over the shameful conduct of Odumakin and Afenifere leaders and their condemnable political sommersault for pecuniary gains!

The guy who called the conference and ensured it had no legal backing or locus standi knows what he wants to achieve with it. One of the dividends is to get naive activist like Odumakin, Okunrounmu and some Afenifere leaders to support him and have hopes that will soon be dashed. Awolowo is too intellectually sound and possees much foresight to be deceived by this type of shenanigans by Jonathan
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by echarlz(m): 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2015
It is no longer news that OBJ's third term agenda was real. He never denied it. He only said he didn't initiate it. Do people still say GEJ pushed the election? Only one body could do that and it was INEC-an independent body which did due to its unpreparedness and the unfavourable security report. I think GEJ is seen as a weakling.if he has been exercising his powers with impunity as many claim, he won't be so tagged. Rather he's accused more of inaction or slow response.
I'm sure you know that OBJ's major grouse with GEJ and PDP is the prominence of place of his sworn enemy Buruji Kashamu in the party. All other ssues he raised were just add-ons to divert attention to his personal interest in it all..
People are applauding OBJ because he has joined the crowd echoing the APC slogan. For that alone, his sins have been forgiven as was done for Bukola Saraki, Oyinlola, Segun Oni, Amechi, Gemade and other self-serving politicians who Odumakin and his group chose to be different from by working for the common good

BabaO2:

Postponement of election made me believed that Obasanjo never pushed for 3rd term, ask urself if Jonathan could push election certain to lose with impunity what could have stopped Obasanjo to have 3rd term with the same impunity ?
Sincerity is the soul of business, Jonathan never aspired to be president of Nigeria, but to satisfy constitution he was confirmed president after the death of yaradua a northern slot, to compensate Jonathan again OBJ rose against northners even despite it was their turn/slot to rule. OBJ pacified them, Jonathan will spend only a term. So what is moral justification for Jonathan and his beneficiaries to reneged that promise?. I can feel Obasanjo with shameful, unfaithful and untrustful character of mediocre Jonathan
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by BabaO2: 10:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
echarlz:
It is no longer news that OBJ's third term agenda was real. He never denied it. He only said he didn't initiate it. Do people still say GEJ pushed the election? Only one body could do that and it was INEC-an independent body which did due to its unpreparedness and the unfavourable security report. I think GEJ is seen as a weakling.if he has been exercising his powers with impunity as many claim, he won't be so tagged. Rather he's accused more of inaction or slow response.
I'm sure you know that OBJ's major grouse with GEJ and PDP is the prominence of place of his sworn enemy Buruji Kashamu in the party. All other ssues he raised were just add-ons to divert attention to his personal interest in it all..
People are applauding OBJ because he has joined the crowd echoing the APC slogan. For that alone, his sins have been forgiven as was done for Bukola Saraki, Oyinlola, Segun Oni, Amechi, Gemade and other self-serving politicians who Odumakin and his group chose to be different from by working for the common good

Jonathan is regarded weakling, daft, clueless because he is always lost of answers and confidence to both local and international news media not because he was not acting with impunity. Also his postures and carriage is not always natural, it is like someone that is failing carriage training instructions.
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by derecho(m): 10:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
God Bless Him!!Very sound and balanced reason.No amount of insult can blindfold a clear-minded individual.
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by echarlz(m): 10:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
With due respect, it is wrong to rain abuses on our country's president, calling him names in that manner. I wish many of us knew the implication of this which has gone on for some time now and spear-headed by the opposition party. The office of the president must be respected because someone else will occupy it some day.
This act of insulting others unfortunately dominate online platforms where intelligent discuss should take place. Truth is depending on the kind and degree of opportunities they had, most of our political leaders can't be described as good orators and confident public speakers. I can't even see much difference between him and other contestants in that regard. Again we should attack issues not persons
BabaO2:

Jonathan is regarded weakling, daft, clueless because he is always lost of answers and confidence to both local and international news media not because he was not acting with impunity. Also his postures and carriage is not always natural, it is like someone that is failing carriage training instructions.
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by bamigbadeii: 12:33am On Feb 23, 2015
Thr is nothing like afenifere or pan yoruba group, is afenifowo, who is fooling who you odumakin,fasheun N gani adams, I don't think u should encoUrange a govt. That We don't have a yoruba man in top 8 federal power, a man who promised us stable electricity good roadds N none was compromised, are my not entitle to social welfare,good health N e.t.c. And u are campaign against the moving train of true democracy, you are one of our enemy who will swallow his pride soon onijekuje ole, If jona fail u will mobilize your generaion to protest against him, u aren't an encouraging leader with wisdom and diplomacy to leead yorubaS
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by TheFreeOne: 1:09am On Feb 23, 2015
Many of us know the issues that are stake and can see clearly. We cannot follow the madding crowd. I belong to the Awolowo political ideology. He said Nigeria could only work if we changed the present structure.

God Bless You Odumakin.

Unfortunately herd mentality won't allow those shouting 'sai buhari' reason beyong the noise/propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by Chigold101(m): 1:28am On Feb 23, 2015
GboyegaD:

You are joking right?
no sir am not joking.

I want to hear 3things he promised that he has not done...
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by Chigold101(m): 1:30am On Feb 23, 2015
GboyegaD:

You are joking right?
no sir am not joking.

I want to hear 3things he promised that he has not done.
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by Objektive: 10:04am On Feb 23, 2015
If you are Voting, remember;

If you support PDP, you are paid to do so and apparently a thief;

But if you support APC, you are a patriot who is fighting for Nigeria.

If an APC governor award a km of road for N1.2billion, he is prudent and God sent;

If a PDP governor award same km of road for N500million, he is a thief.

If Fani Kayode joins PDP, he is bastard;

If Atiku joins APC, he is a democrat.

If Jonathan spends N7billion for his office par year, he is a criminal;

If Fashola spend same amount in a year, he is a saint.

If Akpabio approves N200Million as pension, he must be stoned;

If Fashola approved N300million for Tinubu he is a change agent.

If you cancelled toll gate as PDP government, you are an enemy of progress;

But if you build a road in Lagos, with tax payers money and toll the road, you are genius.

If you increase school fees as PDP government, you must be crucified;

If you do same as APC government, there must be a reason, cuz Education is not cheap anywhere in the world.

If you share Okada to the poor as PDP, you are poor peoples enemy;

If you ban Okada after election as an APC government, you are only helping the poor to stay alive, so you mean well.

If you single handedly make your daughter a market woman leader in APC state, it is for the progress of the people;

But if your wife is made a permanent secretary in your state by your state government of PDP, you are a greedy fellow.

If you spend N16billion on electricity without power and then support APC, you a navigator;

If you raise N500million through unbundling of same power, you are clueless.

If you fail to pay your workers for a month, but in APC, it is not your fault but someone up there;

But if you failed to pay your worker for a month and still in PDP, you are wicked human being.

If you force your family, in-law and girlfriends as senators and lawmakers on the rest of the party members, you a progressive leader;

But if you act like you don't care in PDP, you are dullard

If you tried to get a third term fraudulently by bribing the legislatures but failed, then support APC, you are democrat and the father of the nation;

If you try to get a constitutional second term in PDP, without their blessings, you an ingrate and silly.

In their time we had Halliburton scandal, ID card scandal, Siemens scandal, we have subsidy scam scandal, we have national stadium contract scandal, we have health budget financial scam, aviation sector scam, we had power sector scandal. How many people did he jail to prove he fought corruption? Rather EFCC was his big stick against his perceived enemies.

In their time we had a sitting governor kidnapped by a thug working for the president. We had a whole region of the country rigged in favor of his party. Morris Ibekwe, a wanted international fraud star won election under PDP.

They are part of those who stole Nigerians blind under PDP; Atiku, Obasanjo, Baraje, Saraki, Wammako, Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Oyinlola, Segun Oni, Okorocha, Ngige, El Rufai, etc, but are today the same people financing APC and calling for "CHANGE".

Flashback to 1999, who were these people? Billionaires ? They where nobody. Today, they spend billions and no one dare to ask a question. If you do you are enemy of progress.

They started with "New PDP" when that didn't fly, they joined a cult group called ACN to become APC. Same character with different nam

1 Like

Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by DzTzl(f): 9:10am On Jun 23, 2015
dBard:

Nairaland as a semblance of the society, is Disgraceful.
You go to other (foreign) sites, you come across people arguing intelligently with facts and figures, here it's insults upon abuse on top baseless, not well thought out points.

It's ridiculous.
The moment I find a fair alternative, am outta here.
NL presently is Rubbish.
morning, errrm have you found an alternative?
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by dBard: 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
DzTzl:
morning, errrm have you found an alternative?

Lol...not really

Just a couple of intellectually inclined blogs
Beegeagle n co
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by akinszz: 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
Same applies to you for quoting the whole interview.
automaticcars:
[s][/s]

Nonsense from a deranged lunatic.
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by Uchek(m): 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
After 6 years of Buhari's administration, l am curious to know your assessment.

omenka:
You can NEVER fiind anyone disputing that!! That is why I support him. An honest and upright leader is all Nigeria needs at this critical point in her journey to redemption; we need an honest man to nip corruption in the bud.

Thanks for the confession Mr Turncoat.
Re: Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. by kayusely70(m): 1:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
Uchek:
After 6 years of Buhari's administration, l am curious to know your assessment.

He's a misguided fellow who is supporting Buhari blindly!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Police With Big Stomach- Can He Still Do His Job? See Photo / 8 Facts You Should Know About The Release Of 21 Chibok Girls - Naij.com / Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.