Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan (35028 Views)

Tinubu & Allies Walk Out Angrily As APC South-West Leaders Meet - Vanguard / Jumbo Pension: Our Dead Colleagues’ Spirits Won’t Forgive Ex-govs, Deputies – Pe / See How Shitte Members Just Mocked Buhari & Some Of His Appointees(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by tess1(m): 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
Rexyl:

You just expressed conflicts of interest and the needs to make a choice among all odds. Apc or Pdp, all the leaders are found wanting one way or the other. No one of them has a clean record, but we must just conclude and make a choice. For every choice made there must be reason.

This is not a conflict of interest neither am i saying that APC is "clean" as you have said.

I am only giving my vote to perfomance like i`ve said in my earlier post.

What you are relying on is a mere promise by GEJ. How do you expect me to trust a man who promised in 2011 to fix elecyricity problem within 4years but failed to live up to his promise? He also said that if he couldn`t fix the problem within four years, he would not be able to fix it even if he spend 100yrs. To even think that he had first hand information of the electricity problem shows that he can`t fix it. He`s already spent 2yrs on the job as at then.

How then do you expect me to trust him that he`ll implement the report? Come to think of it, the doctored report will still go to the National Assembly before it can become law. What if it gets there and the Assembly members think otherwise? He`ll then be blaming the Assembly members.

This is the time for me to hold GEJ to his earlier promise on electricity in 2011. This will serve as a hard lessons to all politician if he`s voted out that we are no fools.

What if he`s voted in and he decides not to even send the doctored report to the National Assembly? How will we hold him responsible for his failure considering the fact that that will be his last term?

The time can never be right than now to let them know that we are no fools.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by tess1(m): 8:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
Rexyl:

Asking question as if you don't know interests of people are divided and presently the houses are mostly concerned about securing posts or making efforts to be relevant. If the report was thrown away, the struggle for better future will continue for years.

Exactly my point. That shows unseriousness on the part of Pres. GEJ. That report was submitted to him since July 2014. Why not make a copy of the Original copy and send it to the assembly? Then, if they don`t work on it before they go, you re-present to the incoming assembly after they are inaugurated if he`s really serious about the implementation rather than waiting for now to now be using that as a tool for us to seek our support.

If he had presented it to the assembly since July 2014 and the members failed to work on it, we would`ve known that isn`t his fault but that of assembly members. But he felt they should first doctor it before sending it to them.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by papalumi29(m): 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
tess1:

This is not a conflict of interest neither am i saying that APC is "clean" as you have said.

I am only giving my vote to perfomance like i`ve said in my earlier post.

What you are relying on is a mere promise by GEJ. How do you expect me to trust a man who promised in 2011 to fix elecyricity problem within 4years but failed to live up to his promise? He also said that if he couldn`t fix the problem within four years, he would not be able to fix it even if he spend 100yrs. To even think that he had first hand information of the electricity problem shows that he can`t fix it. He`s already spent 2yrs on the job as at then.

How then do you expect me to trust him that he`ll implement the report? Come to think of it, the doctored report will still go to the National Assembly before it can become law. What if it gets there and the Assembly members think otherwise? He`ll then be blaming the Assembly members.

This is the time for me to hold GEJ to his earlier promise on electricity in 2011. This will serve as a hard lessons to all politician if he`s voted out that we are no fools.

What if he`s voted in and he decides not to even send the doctored report to the National Assembly? How will we hold him responsible for his failure considering the fact that that will be his last term?

The time can never be right than now to let them know that we are no fools.

Well said, I prefer that zero tolerance for corruption with or without shoes or certificates Fulani man to stealing isn't corruption guy with Phd in zoology. And no Yoruba leader who doesn't care about my welfare can change that, let me blame myself for my choice like I regretted my mistake in 2011.
God can bring out many things from nothing!...

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by mpowa(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
Sw leaders ko Sw elders ni, I no go blame them sha! this is their chance to share in the national cake.

Abeg make this election come and go quickly before this clueless man finish our money on buying endorsements.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by upsonn(m): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2015
McLuhan:
I will not begrudge anyone their right to endorse a particular candidate. They are well within their rights to do so. What I find annoying is the idea of castigating people simply because they failed to endorse one's preferred candidate. One person might argue, and with some justification, that he or she cannot vote for a man who once condemned an attack on Boko Haram as an attack on northern Nigeria but who now turns around to blame government for not crushing the same insurgents. Another might contend quite vehemently that Jonathan's minority background forecloses the possibility of his return to power. In each case, the person would be entitled to their opinion---which, after all, is the beauty of democracy. For that reason, there is really no need to get worked up and aggresssive, as we sometimes do here on Nairaland, when someone expresses their approval of a candidate who we do not support.

He's right if he condemn the attack... We are all alive when the military under ijerika leadership are carry out extra judiciary killing of innocent citizens.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by walexbiz(m): 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
as much as i do appreciate the posistion of this elder state men who are tryimg to negotiate a position for the yoruba race, one thing i would have is that rather than politicise the it should have been open to all presidential candidate rather than select mr jonathan alone because should buhari win what happens, will you be able to seek his attention when you gave preference to a loosing candidate.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by SirShymexx: 10:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
Missy89:

Paid leaders dont speak for anyone. That said, I dont think any party will win outright in the SW. Hopefully, Buhari's Vote will be enough even without a SW landslide.

Personally i am more concerned about local elections at this point. Tired of this GMB/GEJ noise

Nah, the SW needs a landslide vote against GEJ - these miscreants and thugs shouldn't have a say, if the Yorubas are as politically sophisticated as a lot of folks tout on here.

GEJ aside, how can one party hold the darn country on the chokehold like the country is a one-party state? Freaking PDP has been ruling since like forever, and it's basically the same doldrums, with no change whatsoever. They just need to pretend like APC is the "change" and vote in something new. Also, Yoruba interests for regional integration will be best served under APC - not the weasel with fedora hat.

I don't care about the local elections. Lagos is secured. Your folks in Ondo already sold their collective future, and Ekiti folks sold theirs for a plate of rice. Ibadan folks are next - once amala change hands, they'll sell their future as well. grin tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by Charly68: 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
These so called leaders should tell us how much Mimiko has given to them for their fake endorsement agenda. How many of them knows what the masses ate going through in their states . they are privilege few that are living under past glory...in any case they can crusade anything under demon-cracy
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by lastpage: 10:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
eastman11:
One thing that is certain is that PDP will win Lagos and the presidency. For those of you who reside in Lagos you only need to interact with dafo, taxi and okada drivers to understand what i mean. Also interact with non indigens who constitute 75% of the population to understand what i mean. Elections don't take place in social media.

Another "Flat-head" who thinks election are won based on who took money from you! grin grin

BTW, l like that your "censors figure" that said 75% of people who live in Lagos are ....let me see: Yiibos! shocked shocked grin grin

It seems "self-deceit" has been elevated to an art, by my brothers from the East?
Though it seems strange to me that even in 2015, despite our past associations, these Flat-heads have failed to understand the psyche of the average Yoruba person?

"We know when and where to draw the line on matters that affect our future"...... unlike you guys who are political prostitutes.

Quote me after March 28: Jonathan will not win a single state in the whole South West...even his PDP supporters like FFK will work against his interest on that day. Just watch wink

Lastpage!
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by lastpage: 11:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
fkaz:

Who is a leader?

joeyekembele:

A leader is someone who is either conventionally appointed or assumed the position to control, direct, guide, plan coordinate and oversees the affairs of a group,which could either be formal or informal group.

Nice try.. sounds more like you are describing a "Boss"........ as opposed to a Leader.

Basically, the most important and essential quality of a Leader is that "A leader is one who is accepted, respected and willingly given allegiance" by the same people he purports to lead.

In the current case, these clowns who call themselves "Yoruba leaders" are simply "self-appointed" impostors! grin grin
So, essentially, they are SCAMMING the President of his looted money!
undecided grin grin

That is what you get, when you get too desperate.

Lastpage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by Missy89(f): 11:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
SirShymexx:

Nah, the SW needs a landslide vote against GEJ - these miscreants and thugs shouldn't have a say, if the Yorubas are as politically sophisticated as a lot of folks tout on here.

GEJ aside, how can one party hold the darn country on the chokehold like the country is a one-party state? Freaking PDP has been ruling since like forever, and it's basically the same doldrums, with no change whatsoever. They just need to pretend like APC is the "change" and vote in something new. Also, Yoruba interests for regional integration will be best served under APC - not the weasel with fedora hat.

I don't care about the local elections. Lagos is secured. Your folks in Ondo already sold their collective future, and Ekiti folks sold theirs for a plate of rice. Ibadan folks are next - once amala change hands, they'll sell their future as well. grin tongue

There is a difference between what you like to happen and what will happen. You are making a good point but some voters dont really care about this and will vote for Jonathan regardless.

Right now i am spending much of my time following the local elections in Ondo and Oyo where i have F&Fs seeking re-election or trying to get elected across 3 political parties from Labour to APC and PDP. What did Ondo people sell? The actions of the governor does not give Jonathan the state votes and they had legitimate reasons not to vote for ACN in the last guber elections.

Got my PVC by the way cool Too bad i wont have time to vote this year.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by SirShymexx: 11:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
Missy89:

There is a difference between what you like to happen and what will happen. You are making a good point but some voters dont really care about this and will vote for Jonathan regardless.

Right now i am spending much of my time following the local elections in Ondo and Oyo where i have F&Fs seeking re-election or trying to get elected across 3 political parties from Labour to APC and PDP. What did Ondo people sell? The actions of the governor does not give Jonathan the state votes and they had legitimate reasons not to vote for ACN in the last guber elections.

Got my PVC by the way cool Too bad i wont have time to vote this year.

Do the clowns on this thread wield any influence amongst Yoruba electorates? Anyway, my point is based on how Yoruba folks like to tout how politically sophisticated they're, and this is an opportunity to prove that. Anything less would show their lack of foresight and how crude they're politically.

Let's leave how ridiculously poor GEJ has performed thus far across the board and PDP turning the country to a one-party state aside, voting for GEJ would amount to pitching ya tent with the oppressor. That's just basically Stockholm Syndrome. From the outside looking in, you have got a government where you have no representation whatsoever, despite being one of the major ethnic groups in the country. Why would any sane person/group want continuity with that, especially when you have been ridiculed by the same folks? That's like black folks in America voting en masse for Republicans - or the black community in the UK voting for Conservatives or UKIP - it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

If they ever do that, I'll have to coin a new version of "Uncle Tom" for them. These Yoruba folks need to start acting like "bravehearts" with a voice, and stop making decisions based on the crumbs they will munch. They're not representing ingenious Yorubas the right way. Folks can't be calling you cowards and you keep acting like one. Show that you have got spine for once, and act ya size in terms of population.

Aren't ya Ondo folks majority of the clowns on this thread? Your folks, Ekiti folks, and Ibadan folks are birds of a feather. grin I don't like the politics of the three groups - they're just too crude. tongue

I'll give you a birdcall on the next thread now.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by Missy89(f): 12:08am On Feb 28, 2015
SirShymexx:

Do the clowns on this thread wield any influence amongst Yoruba electorates? Anyway, my point is based on how Yoruba folks like to tout how politically sophisticated they're, and this is an opportunity to prove that. Anything less would show their lack of foresight and how crude they're politically.

Let's leave how ridiculously poor GEJ has performed thus far across the board and PDP turning the country to a one-party state aside, voting for GEJ would amount to pitching ya tent with the oppressor. That's just basically Stockholm Syndrome. From the outside looking in, you have got a government where you have no representation whatsoever, despite being one of the major ethnic groups in the country. Why would any sane person/group want continuity with that, especially when you have been ridiculed by the same folks? That's like black folks in America voting en masse for Republicans - or the black community in the UK voting for Conservatives or UKIP - it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

If they ever do that, I'll have to coin a new version of "Uncle Tom" for them. These Yoruba folks need to start acting like "bravehearts" with a voice, and stop making decisions based on the crumbs they will munch. They're not representing ingenious Yorubas the right way. Folks can't be calling you cowards and you keep acting like one. Show that you have got spine for once, and act ya size in terms of population.

Aren't ya Ondo folks majority of the clowns on this thread? Your folks, Ekiti folks, and Ibadan folks are birds of a feather. grin I don't like the politics of the three groups - they're just too crude. tongue

I'll give you a birdcall on the next thread now.

What is crude about Ondo politics?

Tell me one single thing! angry

By the way , Heard about Boris Nemtsov death? Shocking! He was gunned down in front of the Kremlin shocked
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by Adminisher: 12:08am On Feb 28, 2015
Burger01:
Useless SW leaders. Who knows you you sycophants!? Awon agbaya.

Sai Buhari jare.

Complete politically irrelevant people. Some of them sent into political retirement by Tinubu but still resentful so they are using Jonathan to fight back.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by SirShymexx: 12:18am On Feb 28, 2015
Missy89:

What is crude about Ondo politics?

Tell me one single thing! angry

By the way , Heard about Boris Nemtsov death? Shocking! He was gunned down in front of the Kremlin shocked

Aren't they the face of this loutish group? And their premise for supporting GEJ is based on the promise that he'll implement inconsequential agreement from a useless conference that was more like an owanbe party than anything else. How about make decisions based on group interests and things more practical, not utopia? They've got a better chance under APC to push for regional integration than PDP - why not put ya differences aside and go for that?

Your folks also voted during the last election based on the fear of Lagosians coming over to take their "oil" - when on the flip side the guy contesting to rule Lagos right now, is from Ondo.

^^^I just gave you two examples - what say you?

As for Boris Nemtsov, I doubt the hit came from Kremlin - just too close to home. It's most likely a false flag for more smear campaign against Messr Putin. On the grand chessboard - everyone is a pawn, including loyal servants.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by Missy89(f): 12:30am On Feb 28, 2015
SirShymexx:

Aren't they the face of this loutish group? And their premise for supporting GEJ is based on the promise that he'll implement inconsequential agreement from a useless conference that was more like an owanbe party than anything else. How about make decisions based on group interests and things more practical, not utopia? They've got a better chance under APC to push for regional integration than PDP - why not put ya differences aside and go for that?

Your folks also voted during the last election based on the fear of Lagosians coming over their "oil" - when on the flip side the guy contesting to rule Lagos right now, is from Ondo.

^^^I just gave you two examples - what say you?

As for Boris Nemtsov, I doubt the hit came from Kremlin - just too close to home. It's most likely a false flag for more smear campaign against Messr Putin. On the grand chessboard - everyone is a pawn, including loyal servants.

Well the group does not speak for the entire state same way Bode George doesn't speak for Lagos

ACN's candidate during the Guber elections was not as popular as mimiko and some electorates were concerned about ACN's arrogance prior to the election. They were not convincing enough and mimiko didn't do too bad during his first term. Integration can happen even if there are different parties in the SW as long as the leaders have a regional agenda at heart and there is common ground.

Mimiko maintained close relationship with ACN but he did not join the party as he preferred to work with the Fed and his fellow governors at the same time before their relationship went south. If SW leaders really want integration, they will work with any government regardless. I can remember very well the Lag politicians were skeptical and would not agree on a single Yoruba voice during the SNC fearing the transfer of political power away from Lagos despite its economic influence so why are you not talking about that?

Nemtsov is not even a big political player that can be a threat to Putin so i agree. Another liberal Russian politician bites the dust however
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by SirShymexx: 12:43am On Feb 28, 2015
Missy89:

Well the group does not speak for the entire state same way Bode George doesn't speak for Lagos

ACN's candidate during the Guber elections was not as popular as mimiko and some electorates were concerned about ACN's arrogance prior to the election. They were not convincing enough and mimiko didn't do too bad during his first term. Integration can happen even if there are different parties in the SW as long as the leaders have a regional agenda at heart and there is common ground.

Mimiko maintained close relationship with ACN but he did not join the party as he preferred to work with the Fed and his fellow governors at the same time before their relationship went south. If SW leaders really want integration, they will work with any government regardless. I can remember very well the Lag politicians were skeptical and would not agree on a single Yoruba voice during the SNC fearing the transfer of political power away from Lagos despite its economic influence so why are you not talking about that?

Don't start playing funny now. I followed the whole SNC imbroglio and it was between Ibadan and Lagos. The folks in Ibadan selected people to represent the Yorubas without including anyone from Lagos - like the political power-base of the region hasn't moved to Lagos. That was basically what infuriated Lagosians. Lagos run the show right now, and Ibadan needs to fall back. Heck, if we were to go based on historical premise, the Yoruba renaissance started in Lagos in the late 19th century and early 20th century. Egbe Omo Oduduwa and Action Group started in Lagos. It was Awolowo who moved it to Ibadan cos Lagos was the capital of Nigeria back then, and power has since moved back to Lagos. They just need to respect that, and stop having amnesia. grin

Your Mimiko looks more like a snake crossed with chameleon than anyone to be taken seriously. He plays all sides, and you definitely can't trust a politician who's like that. The man only cares about himself, not group interest, and it's basically difficult to work with someone like that. Not holding brief for Lagos politicians cos they're not infallible. However, I'm just posting based on what I've observed.

And don't shift goal post now - part of the campaign during the last election was about Lagosians coming over to take their oil. That's just crude, and you don't play divisive politics among folks of the same ancestry that way.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by Missy89(f): 1:00am On Feb 28, 2015
SirShymexx:

Don't start playing funny now. I followed the whole SNC imbroglio and it was between Ibadan and Lagos. The folks in Ibadan selected people to represent the Yorubas without including anyone from Lagos - like the political power-base of the region hasn't moved to Lagos. That was basically what infuriated Lagosians. Lagos run the show right now, and Ibadan needs to fall back. Heck, if we were to go based on historical premise, the Yoruba renaissance started in Lagos in the late 19th century and early 20th century. Egbe Omo Oduduwa and Action Group started in Lagos. It was Awolowo who moved it to Ibadan cos Lagos was the capital of Nigeria back then, and power has since moved back to Lagos. They just need to respect that, and stop having amnesia. grin

Your Mimiko looks more like a snake crossed with chameleon than anyone to be taken seriously. He plays all sides, and you definitely can't trust a politician who's like that. The man only cares about himself, not group interest, and it's basically difficult to work with someone like that. Not holding brief for Lagos politicians cos they're not infallible. However, I'm just posting based on what I've observed.

And don't shift goal post now - part of the campaign during the last election was about Lagosians coming over to take their oil. That's just crude, and you don't play divisive politics among folks of the same ancestry that way.

Every state was represented! That statement is not true!
You want integration but you are already rating some Yorubas ahead of others based on their states. Mimiko was right to work with both sides because He is pragmatic. When you are interested in an equal partnership where everyone contributes equally to the common pool then let us know.Till then, Ondo people will work with the everyone cool.

That was a major campaign against ACN everywhere. Oyo people said Ajimobi will send their money to Lagos but he still won the elections regardless. They presented an unpopular candidate at the time when Mimiko was actually working.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by SirShymexx: 1:16am On Feb 28, 2015
Missy89:

Every state was represented! That statement is not true!
You want integration but you are already rating some Yorubas ahead of others based on their states. Mimiko was right to work with both sides because He is pragmatic. When you are interested in an equal partnership where everyone contributes equally to the common pool then let us know.Till then, Ondo people will work with the everyone cool.

That was a major campaign against ACN everywhere. Oyo people said Ajimobi will send their money to Lagos but he still won the elections regardless. They presented an unpopular candidate at the time when Mimiko was actually working.

Lol. Lagosians weren't including on the first list. They added them after protests, hence they decided to ask for something different when they got there. That's what happens when you don't carry people along; discuss issues with them in details; and seek their consent.

Moreover, where did I rate some Yorubas ahead of the others? Every political bloc has its power-base, and that was what I was alluding to. Anyway, someone has to take the lead, isn't it? And who's better to take the lead than the economic/financial/political power-base? Also, nah, your Mimiko looks more like a snake - pragmatism is about philosophical practicality, not individual opportunism.

It's not about the candidate - the divisive politics was uncalled for. And now, you've got somewhere from ya state trying to rule the same place. Heck, he's claiming a place he isn't from. However, have you seen the opposition party in Lagos attack him by alluding to that? That's just pure sophistication the rest of you need to emulate. cool
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by SirShymexx: 1:39am On Feb 28, 2015
Missy89,

Also, from what I know, PDP in Lagos represents indigenous Lagosians than APC cos majority of the folks running the party are from Lagos. However, because of Yoruba interests over individual interests - the folks are riding with APC. Practical sophistication. Other Yorubas also need to emulate that, and stop being crude.

Sermon for ya Ondo, Oyo, and Ekiti folks. grin
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by Missy89(f): 1:44am On Feb 28, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Lagosians weren't including on the first list. They added them after protests, hence they decided to ask for something different when they got there. That's what happens when you don't carry people along; discuss issues with them in details; and seek their consent.

Moreover, where did I rate some Yorubas ahead of the others? Every political bloc has its power-base, and that was what I was alluding to. Anyway, someone has to take the lead, isn't it? And who's better to take the lead than the economic/financial/political power-base? Also, nah, your Mimiko looks more like a snake - pragmatism is about philosophical practicality, not individual opportunism.

It's not about the candidate - the divisive politics was uncalled for. And now, you've got somewhere from ya state trying to rule the same place. Heck, he's claiming a place he isn't from. However, have you seen the opposition party in Lagos attack him by alluding to that? That's just pure sophistication the rest of you need to emulate. cool

Honestly thou, divisive politics is only effective if the candidate does not enjoy popular support. If Lagos was all that, why were they complaining about Aganga when he was nominated for Minster?
If Ambode wasn't attacked about his place of origin how did you hear about it? lipsrsealed

There is no huge bloc of sophisticated electorate in Nigeria lets stop deceiving ourselves. It is all about personal Interest and you have to use every tool in your arsenal to bring your opponent down.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by crossover(m): 1:50am On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=soe post=31135736]Lol
This is not their first time. This kind of game (insincerity and selfishness) had been on since the time of AG that invariably led to civil war. The same game was played by some of this actors and schemed out late Chief Bola Ige (AD) from contesting against Chief O. Obasanjo in 1999. Some of the characters involved have no credibility at all. They are real game spoilers! One thing is sure; we will not forgive any of them and their children if their selfishness and insincerity contribute to our continuity in captivity. This struggle is not about Chief Bola Tinubu or Yoruba leadership. This struggle is not about the past or who erred. Truly, this struggle is all about our conscience. It is a call to reasoning, justice and fairness. Look at these; where are those under-aged boys and guys caught with millions of dollars at our airports including Governor Lamido's sons? What is the outcome of those arrested for Iyanya bomb blasts in Abuja that occurred close to the period NNPC $20b was been probed by the National Assembly? Any latest on Senator Ndume arrested for sponsoring Boko Haram? What happened to the threat by the immediate former Chief of Army Staff to sue the Australian that leaked is involvement in Boko activities? How possible that being a CEO of a bank is automatic ticket to a billionaires' club - remember Elumelus and Adegbolas? How come that a Minister was advised to resign for corrupt practice and the same Minister was replaced with someone close to her - to cover up? Where are the authentic official audit reports of finances of Customs, FIIRS, NNPC, and others?

The situation on ground is not about GEJ or GMB. It is about the PDP and Nigerians. It is about democratic structure and process that will encourage and guarantee the use of electoral power to make an anticipated change.

I sincerely appeal that we should exercise our electoral power now and earnestly start the change process, by 2019, with the mercy of God, we would have enhanced our choice ability and entrenched our prestige in the eyes of politicians by making them to work their talk.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by SirShymexx: 1:58am On Feb 28, 2015
Missy89:

Honestly thou, divisive politics is only effective if the candidate does not enjoy popular support. If Lagos was all that, why were they complaining about Aganga when he was nominated for Minster?
If Ambode wasn't attacked about his place of origin how did you hear about it? lipsrsealed

There is no huge bloc of sophisticated electorate in Nigeria lets stop deceiving ourselves. It is all about personal Interest and you have to use every tool in your arsenal to bring your opponent down.

Lol @ trying to do some Eddie Guerrero stunts by deflecting it away from Ondo folks. grin Once you start playing divisive politics, it basically shows how crude you're. And that was what I was alluding to.

There's absolutely no correlation between Aganga's case and this one. The Aganga man isn't from the SW - he's from Edo. A different region entirely. And despite Edo taking a slot - the man also took Lagos' slot as well. That's unacceptable and obviously they had to protest it.

Well, we heard about it cos he claimed a place where he isn't from, and there's no one with an ancestral name from the place called, "Ambode." If he had claimed other parts of Lagos - I doubt anyone would've bothered about questioning his claims. But on the flip side, the guy you lot attacked Lagos about is from Ondo. That's just madness! grin

Err, but Yorubas tout sophistication all the time - and they need to put their money where their mouth is. Nigeria can't be in the doldrums forever due to food/crumbs politics. Someone has to take the lead - and since I'm Yoruba, it will be an honour to see my folks do that. C'mon we need one prosperous black country on the darn planet. Dammit! These folks better wake up and get with the 21st century, or get their ar.ses whopped to wake them up. They can't keep sleeping forever!
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by klbakare(m): 2:55am On Feb 28, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Buhari will lose, and I see d fall of tinubu reigns in southwest. South west shld ve nufin to do wif buhari, buh d fools will always be ranting change undecided

You dis boy! Sumtin is wrong wif you...u no insult yoruba but u insult south westerners? Something is definitely wrong wit u,no doubt. Na fools lyk you full pdp.

N.B: if u quote me again, ogun laka aye osinmole, olomi nle fejewe, o la so nle fimokimo bora GO FIRE YOU. (AMEN)

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by camplenigeria: 5:21am On Feb 28, 2015
[size=14pt]Yorubas must pay Buhari back. We are no fools![/size]

Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by aitiola: 5:28am On Feb 28, 2015
Believe this at your own peril.Yoruba nor go vote Gej...Them just dey collect jona money...I am Yoruba and I knw how we dey behave. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by mpowa(m): 6:30am On Feb 28, 2015
GEJ! Our favourite ATM, keep on dolling out the cash, it will still not stop your journey to Otueke come May 29th.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by porka: 9:23am On Feb 28, 2015
alaoeri:
SW leaders that can't win their wards talkless of local council. undecided 90% of those listed lost in 2011 general election mtscheeeeeew.

Yet Mimiko decimated your candidate in Ondo.

The guy came third.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by alaoeri: 11:55am On Feb 28, 2015
porka:

Yet Mimiko decimated your candidate in Ondo.

The guy came third.
Can't you comprehend, I said 90% aside Mimiko, mention another person that contested & won.
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by SirShymexx: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
Missy89,

Come in here, I just found this on the internet. Is this the genesis of the sour grapes, and why these folks would rather ride with selfish interests utopia against group interests? Aren't these folks too old to be this spiteful? Honestly, in politics, you don't have to be all friendly with someone - to work for group interests. They can't claim to be working for Yoruba interests, while their decision making is induced based on sour grapes. They're a disgrace!

Yes, I can't stand the Tinubu man, he has this overbearing attitude that's somewhat off-putting. However, he has the bragging rights since politically in the Nigerian context, the guys has been maestro, and he always play his cards right.

Excerpts here:

Why Afenifere and Tinubu parted ways –Falae

But some progressive are teaming up under All Progressive Congress (APC), why don’t you and your group team up with them?

In politic you don’t rule out any option. In 2007, as the National Chairman of Democratic People’s Alliance (DPA), I was the chairman of Buhari’s campaign in the South West. We arranged a rally in Ibadan, the type Buhari said he has never seen in his life. All I am saying is that I have personal links with the leading members of APC. We don’t rule out any possibility. But the SDP is the one we are trying to revive and by the grace of God when that is operational very soon, all options are open because the bigger the better. We would be open to genuine progressives but who is a progressive? You press men allow us to get away glibly with the term progressive. In my book titled: The way forward: The economy and the polity, I defined progressive as someone who recognises the need for change and improvement in the society and that it is through change that progress can take place. Although, he knows that not every change is improvement, but improvement is not possible without change.

What I am asking is, why are you not part of the moves by the likes of former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu , Bisi Akande and others to bring the progressives under the newly formed All Progressives Congress (APC) because you shared some ideological views?

The names you mentioned, if you remember, were in Alliance for Democracy (AD) in 1999 where I was a leader as the presidential candidate. I have said publicly and I have not been contradicted that I was the one that God used to get Bola Tinubu nominated as governorship candidate to run under AD in my house in Lagos, unconditionally. Late Funsho Williams who won the primary of AD backed down after my intervention and told his supporters that he has promised the leader his support for Tinubu, hence they rallied round him. I pleaded with Funsho Williams that by the grace of God if I become the president, I will give him legitimate recognition and opportunity to serve the country if he allowed Tinubu to become AD governorship nominee to save our leader, Pa Abram Adesanya, the late leader of Afenifere, who announced him as the winner. Pa Adesanya was fired nine times by the late head of state, General Sani Abacha’s men. His children prevailed on him to stop leading NADECO but instead he replied that the struggle had just started. Ironically, Tinubu turned round to destroy Afenifere. It was Williams who won the AD primaries but there were some disagreement in parts of Mainland local government and Ikorodu. Pa Adesanya settled for Tinubu as the winner of the governorship primaries simply because he was a key leader during the NADECCO movement against the military government under Abacha. Tinubu was a sufferer in consequence and was exile abroad while I was detained with others for two years in Nigeria. Pa Adesanya insisted that one of us who suffered should be governor so that he could rehabilitate others. General Alani Akinrinade’s house was completely destroyed. My farm was over grown with weed when I returned from detention. When we set up a committee headed by Professor Bolaji Akinyemi to document the performance of the AD governors before the 2003 elections, the governors said we cannot controlled them. They said we were no longer their leaders. They broke away from Afenifere and became rebels. They teamed up with another rebel group within the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) led by former Vice President Atiku to form the ACN. I am not a rebel. That is why I am not in ACN. I cannot work with Tinubu because they rebel against our leader. Thank God the youths they misled to form the Afenifere Renewal Group (ARG), many of them are now back within the fold of original Afenifere because they have seen the light. They now know that we are serving without selfish motive. I will be 75 in September, at my age, what am I still looking for? My son is already a commissioner. I believe that Yoruba land and Nigeria can still be better governed.

We understand that there were several moves to reconcile Tinubu and his group with Afenifere, why didn’t you people allow the process to succeed?

For 12 years, despite all Tinubu did to us, we tried to reconcile with them for the sake of our people. We have held more than 16 meetings both in Ijebu Igbo at the home of our late leader and thereafter in Akure, at home of Chief Fasoranti, the current leader of Afenifere and again at Ibadan. We got late Justice Kayode Eso, Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi and Bishop Ladigbolu to reconcile us. Eso chaired a committee of eminent people to reconcile us but they never showed up. We tried through over 12 bi-lateral meetings. They did not make that possible. We got justice Eso, they never showed up. Finally, we got Mama HID Awolowo to intervene at Ikenne, they preempted the meeting by going there a day before the scheduled date. They vowed they would never sit with us on planet earth. Later, they themselves took an initiative to invite us to a meeting at Premier Hotel in Ibadan. Those who invited us to the meeting did not show up but we were there. Tinubu, Segun Osoba, Niyi Adebayo were not there. Only late Lam Adesina and Bisi Akande were there. So when we endorsed Governor Mimiko for second term, they began to insult us. When they formed the ACN, we did not insult them. We have right to belong to political association of our choice and we did. So can you now understand why we are not together?

Any regret for being part of Afenifere movement that built a political platform for the likes of Tinubu, Akande and Osoba as AD governors, since these people are no longer with Afenifere?

Very unfortunate, but they were the ones who were ready to run for governors as at 1999. They won election not because they were popular but on the strength of Afenifere. I was the one that raised the hand of late Adebayo Adefarati before he emerged as governor in Ondo State in 1999. The AD was formed by the Afenifere two months to the election. The South West people voted for the name Awolowo and because of Afenifere.

Some said your emergence as AD’s presidential candidate fueled Afenifere crisis as well after the elections of 1999; do you have regrets for contesting against Bola Ige?

I don’t have regrets for doing the right thing. I have been contesting for the office of president since 1990 before General Ibrahim Babangida distorted the process and we started all over again. Abiola emerged in 1993 as the presidential candidate of SDP, Shonekan came, Abacha took over and General Abubakar Abdulsalami became head of state and the process to choose president began in 1999. I continued my journey. Bola Ige was my coordinator in the South West in 1992. When he said he was going to contest for president against me, I went to him and said, sir, but you have been supporting me. Well, we went into the primaries. The AD primary was in his favour and obviously was biased against me because he was among those that chose the committee for electoral college being the Deputy Leader of Afenifere. When Chief Omole was nominated, Ige objected and said they were sworn enemies that he would not vote for him. His name was substituted with Chief Adewale Thompson. Despite those obvious clauses against me, I got 14 votes and he got nine votes. After winning the primary, I went to his home in Ibadan to appeal to him. Colonel Oluwole Rotimi, Chief Adewale Thompson, Biola Morakinyo and others were there. I told him that if I win the election, I would implement the programme of the progressives which all subscribe to. In the presence of journalists, Chief Ige said he would lead my campaign in the South West. The following day, I was surprised that he denied he never said so. That is just to show you how I went to show humility. Well, Afenifere later became polarsised to the extent that Ige said nobody in Yoruba land could defeat him in an election. He was welcomed to that opinion but the fact was that I won the election even though it was pre-determined against me. I have no regrets at all.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/03/why-afenifere-and-tinubu-parted-ways-falae/
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by SirShymexx: 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2015
Missy89,

And this:

Afenifere, A Disgrace To Yoruba Race —Akinrinade

The endorsement of President Goodluck Jonathan by the pan social-cultural Yoruba group, Afenifere, has been described as disgraceful, self-serving and an embarrassment to every Yoruba living or dead. Yoruba leader, General Alani Akinrinade (retd) who condemned the endorsement, said: “if this old men that are shouting marginalization a few months ago, can sit today to endorse the same man that is marginalizing them, then their brains need medical examination.”

He observed that the emergence of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as APC vice presidential candidate, (an in-law to the Awolowo family) is enough to unite Yoruba to work for a common interest.

He described the endorsement of Jonathan, against the Buhari/Osinbajo ticket as a serious disservice to the Yoruba race.
“How can these people be speaking for Yoruba, when they abandon their own son to celebrate a man that sees them as nothing for complete four years? He continues to deceive them with implementation of National Conference, as if that is where our future lies.

Akinrinade charged Yoruba youths to take their destiny in their hands, as the old men are not good role models. He described them as a group of sadist working assiduously against Yoruba interest because of their hatred for a single man.

He advised members of Afenifere to use their last days wisely since they will be answerable to God Almighty who created them one day.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/04/afenifere-a-disgrace-to-yoruba-race-akinrinade/

^^^This Yoruba don put it aptly and described the legion of doom better than anyone else. He should know them better than anyone. grin Thank God there are still upstanding Yoruba old heads out there worth emulating.

BTW, what part of Yorubaland is General Alani Akinrinade from?
Re: We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
quote] Frankly speaking, the Yoruba agenda was anchored on
regional autonomy, restructuring, parliamentary system or
Westminster model, fiscal federalism or resource control,
unicameral legislature, a ceremonial president and a prime
minister with full executive powers, a special status for
Lagos state, state police and deletion of the Land Use Act
from the Constitution. Those were the items which
constituted the core Yoruba Agenda. The items were
defeated in toto at the confab. Of course, the
establishment of State Police scaled through on the basis
of the role of the civilian joint task force in the fight
against insurgency in the north east region. I challenge the
authors of the Yoruba Agenda to point to other items that
were adopted by the Confab. That is not to say that the
confab was a failure. [/quote]

www.nairaland.com/2170496/supporters-jonathan-south-west-self-serving

What exactly are these yoruba leader fighting for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Objective Assessment Of Kadaria Ahmed, Moderator Of The Atiku/Obi Interview / Nigerians React To Yomi Shogunle Transfer To Nkalagu, Ebonyi State / "Nigerians Take Too Much Rubbish From Politicians" — Sanusi Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.