Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? (41412 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by victorazy(m): 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
billyG:

Here goes a fuul,naban so his God is not also our God.

Ur the fool!
Do u pray ly pastors?
How many souls have u won for god?
How many ppl did u preach to today?
Have u heal someone before?
When last did u fast?
Wlast u go for evangelism?
How many hours can u pray in tongue?
Etc
U can never be as rich as a gud pastor.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by goryorhal(m): 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
pendusky:

If that same man should pop out of Keke and enter Shoprite na u go still leave ur cleaning job at Shoprite and still hiding under ur keypad to post on NL that u saw a popular man of God trekking into Shoprite!

'I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper....'

pls continue ur cleaning work!

What's this one saying ?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
oneda:
[size=14pt]A Pastor can drive a 10 million naira car because he has gone behind like Gehazi and collected the same offer which Jesus rejected in Matthew 4:8...

I see no other reason why hungry man would sow seed to a man who is wearing 200k shoes
[/size]

I love this
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Owiii(m): 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
oneda:
[size=14pt]A Pastor can drive a 10 million naira car because he has gone behind like Gehazi and collected the same offer which Jesus rejected in Matthew 4:8...

I see no other reason why hungry man would sow seed to a man who is wearing 200k shoes
[/size]
It was Elijah that rejected it not Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by pendusky(m): 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
goryorhal:

What's this one saying ?

U won't understand me esp when ur high on ur drugs!

chill
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Stonerobaba(m): 1:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
Before I can approve of my pastor drives such a car, all the church members must be okay. I meant there should be no traces of hunger, homelessness, unemployment, e.t.c among the church members. Then he can even fly a jet
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
because there will always be fools ready to pay for it.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Emasel(m): 1:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
@AllNaijaBlogger

The Golden rule of life says

"Do unto others what you want them to do unto you"

If you were a Pastor and you can afford a N20m car,won't you buy it because you a Pastor?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Wolexdey(m): 1:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
lordizak:
fact is-we are very gullible. any man of God is a soothsayer.. I no even dey go church again self.

What do u mean by any man of God? Please because u av decided not going to Church any longer does not give you the audacity to rubbish the Name's of God's servant.

I am not gullible.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
Billyonaire:
Even when Jesus had no money, he borrowed a white donkey and rode to Jerusalem. White donkey then was like our Phantom Ghost today.

No, a multi-horse chariot would have been the 'Phantom Ghost' of the day.

Any peasant could get a donkey. If the mythical Jesus had to borrow a donkey then he was not a wealthy man, at all.

You people begin with lies and end with lies. How about telling the truth, just for once.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ogbonoeba: 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
Nigerians deserve every form of suffering, slap in the face, insult, currency devaluation, gej, pej, gmb, oil bunkering, political chaos, boko haram, pastors with rolls royce/bugatti, just all of it.

You deserve it because most of you all are just a bunch of gullible muthafkrs.

Oyibo is superior indeed. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by babamadiba(m): 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
zyzxx:
Because his God is not poor and he owns everything.
and also because it is not his father's money
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by pelumiakinboye1: 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
Another fellow who thinks being a christian equal Poverty....Shaking my head for U @OP.....Shey U know Solomon? The Bible says "there was none as rich as Solomon"
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by coverTRadar(m): 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE SAME PASTOR HELPING THOSE THAT DON'T HAVE, SINCE HE'S THE GOD THAT THEY SEE.. HOW WILL HE UNDERSTAND THEIR PROBLEMS WHEN HE HAS SUCH AN ELITIST MINDSET
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
ogbonoeba:
Nigerians deserve every form of suffering, slap in the face, insult, currency devaluation, gej, pej, gmb, oil bunkering, political chaos, boko haram, pastors with rolls royce/bugatti, just all of it.

You deserve it because most of you all are just a bunch of gullible muthafkrs.

Oyibo is superior indeed. angry

I understand your frustration but let's not pretend as though the Catholic Church did not build it's wealth on the back of European ignorance and gullibility.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by DrAify(f): 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
Seriously if we all read our ‪#‎Bibles‬ ourselves and ask the ‪#‎HolySpirit‬ for illumination, we'd kick some of these false-preaching, perverse 'bishops' and 'senior pastors' out of business within a week. Study to show yourself approved of ‪#‎God‬, not your pastor.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

Any peasant could get a donkey. If the mythical Jesus had to borrow a donkey then he was not a wealthy man, at all.

You people begin with lies and end with lies. How about telling the truth, just for once.
What makes you think your intepretation of the bible is right and mine is wrong ? This is the problem with Christianity. Why did Jesus borrow a donkey anyway ? Why didnt he just trek ? Now he is causing argument between you and I. Sorry my good friend. We cant fight because of Asian Religion.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Jennifer89(f): 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
I don't see anything wrong for a pastor to own such car perhaps he may be pastoring a big church.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ogbonoeba: 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

comparing horses to cars? naija, na wa o.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by udemzyudex(m): 1:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

smh for you bro... Sometimes i wonder whether you guys always want pastors to wear rag,drive a third hand car or trek to where they want to go..

So pastors can't leave a wealthy life right?they are meant to suffer and beg to eat i guess?

When a pastor drive a good car and have a large congragation,people like u will say he is a fake pastor but when a pastor trek,wear okirika cloths and have a small congregation you will say he is a real pastor...

Smh for some Nigerians...
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Joe88(m): 1:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
As far as poverty is still having a front seat in Nigeria, no true man of God in this country has the moral justification to own a car of ten million naira for personal comfort, when a lesser one of two million naira can provide almost the same comfort and can move from one place to the other. It is not morally ok, but that has nothing to do with the Pastor's anointing. (My opinion)
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Daniel6(m): 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

for even noticing it u are materialistic too. Maybe u want make e dey trek or drive 504. U dey do bad belle reach man of God body again?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
Billyonaire:
What makes you think your intepretation of the bible is right and mine is wrong ? This is the problem with Christianity. Why did Jesus borrow a donkey anyway ? Why didnt he just trek ? Now he is causing argument between you and I. Sorry my good friend. We cant fight because of Asian Religion.

This is about your claim that a donkey was perceived as a sign of wealth.

A chariot is what the wealthy or high ranking Romans used for travel, not a donkey.

That is an issue of historical fact, not literary interpretation.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by richidinho(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
Edusouls:
why should he drain the account of poor his followers to live big at their expense? then he is a correct theif...

Shut up

Tithe and offering is not by force

Stop giving offering and tithe and watch if the new Church project will stop or whether the pastor will go hungry

Don't spend ur time searching for Biz to invest on

Campaign against pastors upkeep...u will soon see the result

Like father like son
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by tsdarkside(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
pastor need bodguard

what,is he afraid of,,,,boko haram?

i thought god is his protection.. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Lexusgs430: 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
Assuming he has other things he does to raise money, that's fine !!!
But if he is a full time pastor, unfortunately his tithe and offering paying members has accorded him that luxury, so why would he not bask in their kingdom?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
Edusouls:
why should he drain the account of poor his followers to live big at their expense? then he is a correct theif...

And the followers are magas.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by notoriousbabe: 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
zyzxx:
Because his God is not poor and he owns everything.

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ogbonoeba: 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
Matthew 19:24

You'll find your answer.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Neplusultra(f): 1:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
No, d question shud be; Y shudnt a pastor drive a 10 millon naira car?? undecided U pple'll just be attacking pastors
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
ogbonoeba:

comparing horses to cars? naija, na wa o.

Learn to read.

This is about comparing the Middle East of then to the world today.

You do realize that the people who wrote the Bible did not have cars, right?

P.S.
What is 'naija, na wa o'?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ogbonoeba: 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
pelumiakinboye1:
Another fellow who thinks being a christian equal Poverty....Shaking my head for U @OP.....Shey U know Solomon? The Bible says "there was none as rich as Solomon"

And he had 300 bytches to nack...you want to emulate him?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / Celestial Church Of Christ Pastor, His Wife & Son Die In Fatal Accident In Kogi / Father Mbaka Praises Completion Of Abakpa-Emene Link Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.