Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? (41413 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Defcon1(m): 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
EngrRolly:
God hath blessed 'us' with all the good things of the earth.
He own the Heavens n the Earth,so we his children shd inherit our Fathers ownings
so those who are poor are not God's children...since they have no "onwnings" to inherit
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by notoriousbabe: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
udemzyudex:

smh for you bro... Sometimes i wonder whether you guys always want pastors to wear rag,drive a third hand car or trek to where they want to go..

So pastors can't leave a wealthy life right?they are meant to suffer and beg to eat i guess?

When a pastor drive a good car and have a large congragation,people like u will say he is a fake pastor but when a pastor trek,wear okirika cloths and have a small congregation you will say he is a real pastor...

Smh for some Nigerians...
moderation is the key word,Jesus lived a very very moderate life.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

This is about your claim that a donkey was perceived as a sign of wealth.

A chariot is what the wealthy or high ranking Romans used for travel, not a donkey.

That is an issue of historical fact, not literary interpretation.
Again, what makes you think your interpretation is right and mine is wrong ? Chariot was was meant for war those days. Will it be right for a Jesus to drive Armor Tank to Jerusalem ? Donkey, and a white one at that represented our today's white Phantom Ghost. I stand by my assertion. And again, we are brothers, and Africans. We need not fight because of some strange religion from the Asians. Jesus is NOT even recognized as God where he was born. Why we dey carry am for head here ?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by nogames: 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
udemzyudex:

smh for you bro... Sometimes i wonder whether you guys always want pastors to wear rag,drive a third hand car or trek to where they want to go..

So pastors can't leave a wealthy life right?they are meant to suffer and beg to eat i guess?

When a pastor drive a good car and have a large congragation,people like u will say he is a fake pastor but when a pastor trek,wear okirika cloths and have a small congregation you will say he is a real pastor...

Smh for some Nigerians...
and what about the bodyguard? Look truth must be told, most of these pastors are no longer in faith, hear the bible

In the last days......
People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Timothy 3:2 (International Standard Version)

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by NemzySeries(m): 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

Is he suppose to b riding a 2015 carmel?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by tycoon3(m): 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
FIRST SEMESTER EXAMINATION.
GENERAL PAPER (GNS 211)
Time: 1hr 30 mins
Section A (Answer all questions)
1a) How many chibok girls were
kidnapped and state d reason for
their
kidnap.(20marks )
1b) The question “Na only you
waka come" was said by who
and to who?
Why dis xclamation “chai there‘s
is God oo!(15marks)
2a. What are the names of the
two people holding hands when
you switch
on a Nokia phone ?(10 marks)
2b. If the past tense of Take is
Took, what is the past tense of
Make ?(10marks)
3. Which university in Nigeria has
the highest number of ladies
using
blackberry phones? (10marks)
4. If Buhari is a friend to Goodluck
Jonathan on Facebook, who sent
the friend request and why ?
(10marks)
5. if the cost of moi-moi is
N10.50, what is the cost of moi ?
(10marks)
SECTION B (Answer All. 10 Marks
each)
1. Between the Nigerian police
and Nigerian girls, who likes
money more?
2. Using the almighty formula,
calculate the diameter of elegushi
beach. (take pi=3.142)
3. If Ada is a girl and Obi is a boy,
who is Adaobi ?
4. If your X-boyfriend/ X-
girlfriend wins N10,000,000 on
who wants to
be a millionaire a day after you
guys broke up, find the value of
X?
5. If it takes Goodluck 1 hour to
deliver a typed speech in a
national
conference, how many days will it
take Patience to deliver the same
speech on the same occasion?
Assuming the polarity of the
audience is
kept constant.
SECTION C (Answer 2)
1) Tuface was given a Prado and
Ferarri on his traditional wedding
and
white wedding respectively.
There is every likelihood that D
Banj has
gone ahead to print wedding
invitation cards without an
available
bride. Discuss (20Marks)
2) Write a short essay of 500
words on 'My Oga At The Top' (20
Marks)
3) What's the name of the lady
that use to say "please enter your
secret number" at the ATM center
of the banks. State reasons why
she
was chosen and explain too (20
Marks)
START. NO SIDE TALKS..........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ogbonoeba: 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

Learn to read.

This is about comparing the Middle East of then to the world today.

You do realize that the people who wrote the Bible did not have cars, right?

P.S.
What is 'naija, na wa o'?

What's the purpose? The OP is asking how come a pastor is driving an expensive car surrounded by poverty. Where is the money coming from?

Naija na wa o...you can't speak pidgin
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

God is not poor.. he just likes hanging around poor people so he is richer by comparison. Heckling if the pastor wants to drive a plan instead of flying. Is it ya konsain?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by goryorhal(m): 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
pendusky:

U won't understand me esp when ur high on ur drugs!

chill

Mumu Shey na you dey sell the drugs for me ...
You just open that your yeye mouth dey talk nonsense ..
No b your fault na airtel wey dash you weekend MB..
We know your type
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Jerrick(m): 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
...because interesting and wonderful life is not meant for pastors!! #rubbish
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
Billyonaire:
Again, what makes you think your interpretation is right and mine is wrong ? Chariot was was meant for war those days. Will it be right for a Jesus to drive Armor Tank to Jerusalem ? Donkey, and a white one at that represented our today's white Phantom Ghost. I stand by my assertion. And again, we are brothers, and Africans. We need not fight because of some strange religion from the Asians. Jesus is NOT even recognized as God where he was born. Why we dey carry am for head here ?

1. Chariots were used for travel, the wealthy had horses. They most certainly did not use donkeys - to claim such and to stick to such a claim is foolish.

2. You decided to defend the actions of the thieves who deceive the poor to get rich by making a false historical claim.

3. We are not 'brothers'.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by tsdarkside(m): 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
i say close all the churches...

everybody pray to god at home,believe me ,you dont need to be in church,for your prayers to be heard... wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by M4gunners: 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
Trunaijian:
Big cars, private jets, mansions, now body guards too? If my pastor has a professional job aside his pastoring, that can be understood. But if his full job is pastoring, then I will not attend that church or make any donation to it. Nigerians can be very gullible when it come to religion. Open your eyes, all is vanity and if my pastor is in love with vanity, then something is gravely wrong. Body guard ke? Who dey pursue am?!
Thanks bro meanwhile, all these belong to one Pastor while worshipers in the Church are trekking to Church , give their last 5naira for offering.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
voltron:

God is not poor.. he just likes hanging around poor people so he is richer by comparison. Heckling if the pastor wants to drive a plan instead of flying. Is it ya konsain?

Social justice should be every responsible person's concern. Especially those of you who claimed to be governed by a just god.

The reason why Boko Haram have been able to run wild and why they've found it so easy to recruit is because of the tacit acceptance of the gross inequality in that part of the world.

If people do not speak out against injustice then it is only a matter of time before those who have been mistreated will seek to lash out.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by tsdarkside(m): 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
nogames:

and what about the bodyguard? Look truth must be told, most of these pastors are no longer in faith, hear the bible

In the last days......
People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Timothy 3:2 (International Standard Version)

most

all of them are wankers...

they self-service to the picture of the white-jesus christ...
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ogbonoeba: 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
voltron:

Smh
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by dsquare33: 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

American pastor abi? They are on another level. Call me harsh but I prefer to listen to white pastors. Too many of our African-American pastors are hustlers for money and materialism
True talk,the black men of God is so possessed by material things,unlike the whites who still preach the whole essence of Christ.they are not obssessed with material things,they preach out of love, extreme love for God and anybody who listen to some of them preach will know this pure unadulterated word of God. However, one can still find some real men of God that are blacks e.bro Gbile akani, bro kumuyi e.t.c
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by masqot(m): 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
He could drive it if the poorest member of his church drives same worth of car. If not, he needs to share his wealth with the poor members and not robbing them of their meager income to acquire such luxurious cars. I saw a pastor's convoy recently whose Hummer Jeep's plate number bears his name with 10 added and his Esclade's plate number bears his name with 9 added to it. So, this man of God has 10 cars in his convoy (and still counting). What a luxury.
For me, I either leave the church or stop giving tithe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by dave2meek(m): 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
Our God is not a poor God...
So those who serve Him will never be poor.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
ogbonoeba:

What's the purpose? The OP is asking how come a pastor is driving an expensive car surrounded by poverty. Where is the money coming from?

Naija na wa o...you can't speak pidgin

No, speak English.

Why should I speak 'pidgin'?

What is the purpose of what?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

1. Chariots were used for travel, the wealthy had horses. They most certainly did not use donkeys - to claim such and to stick to such a claim is foolish.

2. You decided to defend the actions of the thieves who deceive the poor to get rich by making a false historical claim.

3. We are not 'brothers'.

Your analogy is totally wrong. Chariots were meant for war. And Jesus could not possibly ride on a Chariot. Why didnt he trek ? Why did he have to borrow, not a black, but a white donkey ? Jesus wanted to be seen, to be heard, Jesus wanted recognition. This is the same thing that the pastor that drives a Range Rover wants. Jesus, just as his pastor on earth all are doing the same thing. Which is mental re-engineering of the ignorant. Stay civil. You are my brother, we will NOT fight because of a Jesus from Nazareth, we are Nigerians NOT Jews.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by goryorhal(m): 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
M4gunners:
Thanks bro meanwhile, all these belong to one Pastor while worshipers in the Church are trekking to Church , give their last 5naira for offering.

And the funniest thing b say all this so called celeb pastors go drive pass their gullible / poor members wey dey trek for road ...
The members go b " hey that's our pastor / daddy driving ...

Smh
God forgive me sha but the truth hurts !!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ogbonoeba: 1:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

Social justice should be everyone responsible person's concern. Especially those of you who claimed to be governed by a just god.

The reason why Boko Haram have been able to run wild and why they've found it so easy to recruit is because of the tacit acceptance of the gross inequality in that part of the world.

If people do not speak out against injustice then it is only a matter of time before those who have been mistreated will seek to lash out.

People speak out in other countries, most Nigerians could care less. The country is beyond salvation and rotten to the core.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Defcon1(m): 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Well reasoned post.

my brother,these charlatans are preying on our gullibility,obsession with religion and lack of free thinking to milk people dry.

whatever the so called pastors say is taken hook,line and sinker
No questions asked

that is why someone would pay money for a bloody pastor to check whether their name is in the book of life
smh

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Vikhac(m): 1:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
Trunaijian:
Big cars, private jets, mansions, now body guards too? If my pastor has a professional job aside his pastoring, that can be understood. But if his full job is pastoring, then I will not attend that church or make any donation to it. Nigerians can be very gullible when it come to religion. Open your eyes, all is vanity and if my pastor is in love with vanity, then something is gravely wrong. Body guard ke? Who dey pursue am?!
grin Awon aye
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Fussbot: 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
The thing is why should I believe u or ur God if your life isn't better than mine?you call yourself a pastor yet you are riding a volkswagen,I an unbeliever is using a range worth 20m so y should I give my life to ur God? That is the Nigerian mentality...if a pastors life isn't beta dan an ordinary believer no1 wld belief him or his God.

That been said,concerning the topic,y should a pastor use a 10m car?the thing is y shouldn't a pastor use it?wen a politician can and no1 will give a hoot?Davido,wizkid,linda ikeji olamide can all use 20m car but a pastor can't?what is my point,we lot do 4get these men are humans b4 pastors,aren't range rovers made for men?kkkk now I get it,pastors are angels that should fly!...

So where do they get money?lolz...I laugh at this a lot..see go and check the lives of these so called big pastors,u will find their secret----GIVING! There is no shortcut to blessing it's simply give and take!....these pastors feed widows,award scholarships,sow seeds to their seniors,pay tithes and u rili expect God not to bless them?u accusing dem,wen last did u give somebody 1k?linda ikeji gives away every last monday,davido recently paid for sm1s surgery,psquare gave OJB 10m for surgery...if u had dis money can u give like dem?try giving for 3months and see the changes in ur life!

Anoda factor is this,b4 a pastor uses a 10m car,that means his members are using 20 30m cars..shey u get?it becomes a problem when the pastors car is the most expensive in the church

All these been said though,doesn't mean we don't have wolves in sheep clothing...pastors collecting money from politicians,pastors collecting tithes without paying his(the sad part of this is,it won't work for the members that are paying dias..a pastor must give tithe from the tithe giving to him)..etc....and this apply to all spheres of life..bad eggs...

So b4 we condemn our pastors here and there...we need to know them very well...not pointing fingers here and there

Heck!some pastors were even born with a silver spoon!..

My 2cents

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by emeka2847: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
Because his God does not know poverty. But the God of his congregation bestows poverty on them. Double standard which implies foul play
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
Billyonaire:
Your analogy is totally wrong. Chariots were meant for war. And Jesus could not possibly ride on a Chariot. Why didnt he trek ? Why did he have to borrow, not a black, but a white donkey ? Jesus wanted to be seen, to be heard, Jesus wanted recognition. This is the same thing that the pastor that drives a Range Rover wants. Jesus, just as his pastor on earth all are doing the same thing. Which is mental re-engineering of the ignorant. Stay civil. You are my brother, we will NOT fight because of a Jesus from Nazareth, we are Nigerians NOT Jews.

Please educate yourself and stop spreading misinformation.

It is quite evident that you have not studied history, or the Bible yet you keep spouting nonsense.

Biga - ancient Roman chariot used for transport:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biga_%28chariot%29

These were also used to make a 'triumphant' entry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadriga

Were the mythical Jesus a wealthy man he would have, at least, ridden horseback - the stories don't even claim that he did that.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ogbonoeba: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
$1 = N250
$40/BBL OF CRUDE OIL

This is my prayer in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by anwo247: 1:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
zyzxx:
Because his God is not poor and he owns everything.

The early apostles, Peter , Paul, John etc in the Bible that was sharing all they have among brethren, Is their God poor?

Pastors buying aircraft whereas some of their members are in dire need of basic things of life.

Hmmm mm. .....

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by OCHOdee(f): 1:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
Well, honestly, I think it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle... undecidedyou know the rest
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
ogbonoeba:

People speak out in other countries, most Nigerians could care less. The country is beyond salvation and rotten to the core.

OK.

That's another lie.

People do speak out.

But are told to shut up.

This thread is an example.

Saharareporters is another.

I get that many of you are bitter but try and avoid spreading lies, it's a most annoying habit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Celestial Church Of Christ Pastor, His Wife & Son Die In Fatal Accident In Kogi / Father Mbaka Praises Completion Of Abakpa-Emene Link Road / 29 Born Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.