Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? (41422 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by chyket(m): 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
Because he could pay for it.Once you can pay for for an item its yours!!!
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by diamondinyang(f): 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
ladon1:
Materialism? Hey watch it! It is a deadly sin that slowly turns away the heart of one that follows God into running after the flashy things of tgis world and you all know what?
Materialism can never be satisfied The desire to own more and more keeps growing if not checked on time. The truth is that this vanities of 10m in another 20 years would have passed away and by then no body wants that your car that once cost you 10m cos it has passed away. 70% money could well have been spent to solve the problems of the poor. Materialism leads to greed and greed to covetiousness and on and on.
One of the major evil that hss destroyed our nation Nigeria is materialism. Everyone aspiring to go into government is doing it for just one reason. Acquire money and material poccession. Unfortunately the church which is suppose to be the light of the world is the number one culprit.
Has this pastors ever preached godliness with contempt?
I doubt.

well spoken my guy.
you know some times I also wonder why a pastor would preach that we don't have to fear any thing according to the Bible but at the same time, they go about with bodyguards.
what are they really scared of or what is pursuing them?
ladon1:
Materialism? Hey watch it! It is a deadly sin that slowly turns away the heart of one that follows God into running after the flashy things of tgis world and you all know what?
Materialism can never be satisfied The desire to own more and more keeps growing if not checked on time. The truth is that this vanities of 10m in another 20 years would have passed away and by then no body wants that your car that once cost you 10m cos it has passed away. 70% money could well have been spent to solve the problems of the poor. Materialism leads to greed and greed to covetiousness and on and on.
One of the major evil that hss destroyed our nation Nigeria is materialism. Everyone aspiring to go into government is doing it for just one reason. Acquire money and material poccession. Unfortunately the church which is suppose to be the light of the world is the number one culprit.
I doubt.

well spoken my guy.
you know some times I also wonder why a pastor would preach that we don't have to fear any thing according to the Bible but at the same time, they go about with bodyguards.
ladon1:
I doubt.

well spoken my guy.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
Unless it was acquired through illicit means I don't see why he/she shouldn't
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by deebrain(m): 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
Read their books. Listen to how they started. Stop coming to nairaland on the net to judge them. They will inspire you out of poverty and its mentality.

Some of them do not have the leisures of life you have even in your status. You only see the cars, the houses, the jets and the suites. You don't see the seed.

Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by drnoel: 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

What I keep telling nigerians. That mentality of showing is bad.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by chigoizie7(m): 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
zyzxx:
Because his God is not poor and he owns everything.

Because his God is not poor? That's why they should tax/mandate poor people who barely sees a 2qaure meal per day to pay tithe so that they can drive expensive cars and live in a state of art edifice? That's sheer wickedness, whatever happens to helping the needy with that too much money. Also don't forget that the bible also pointed out that it will be easir for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to see the kingdom of God. U drive a range rover evogue and coin one who can't feed himself to pay tithe or donate so that u can fuel ur car or pay the bodyguard, its pure wickedness from man to man. My humble opinion, our ideas might differ.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by psalmuelwater(m): 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
we are not called to poverty, and christians shouldnt be poor. But nevertheless a Ten Million naira car is rubbish, owing jets from tithe payers money is madness. James 1:27 talks about ' religion that is pure and undefiled to God and the father is this;to visit orphans and widows in their affliction,and to keep oneself unstained from the world' using extremely luxurious things dat would identify us to d world shouldnt b heard in d xtian fold. And moreover we are not of this world and we do not own dis world, john 14:30 satan is d ruler of the world, so pratically he is in charge, avin jesus in our life makes him powerless over us. Christianity is all about ur sef nt about a rubbish pastor,u can assist d orphans n widows n d needy. Stop enriching ds pastors. Even apostle paul worked cos e wanted to preach d gospel witout anyone layin claim that e feeds dem. if ur pastor works,where is e working to v acquired dt kind of car wich m sure he has more. I pity dose going to dose churches sha,kip it up.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mumu9gerian: 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I still go to church. I left my baptist church for a smaller one. The pastor drives a car donated to the church- a small toyota. Simple and efficient.
y u comot for ur baptist church?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by bobbyruffy(m): 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b] pastors reaping from church members since 1900
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by MrBUN: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
EngrRolly:
God hath blessed 'us' with all the good things of the earth.
He own the Heavens n the Earth,so we his children shd inherit our Fathers ownings

Including bodyguards, abi...

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

I think it's fair for a pastor to drive a N10m car in Nigeria, the one I can't understand is having 4 private jets.
Gbam, even donald trump a multi billionaire in dollars doesnt have one.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by bobbyruffy(m): 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
Pastor's reaping from the poor masses since 1900
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hell is their home. The gate keeper still have the keys.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Lyrically(m): 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
Are you now saying pastors don't deserve good thing
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by knightsTempler: 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
Trunaijian:
Big cars, private jets, mansions, now body guards too? If my pastor has a professional job aside his pastoring, that can be understood. But if his full job is pastoring, then I will not attend that church or make any donation to it. Nigerians can be very gullible when it come to religion. Open your eyes, all is vanity and if my pastor is in love with vanity, then something is gravely wrong. Body guard ke? Who dey pursue am?!

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by nogames: 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
deebrain:
Read their books. Listen to how they started. Stop coming to nairaland on the net to judge them. They will inspire you out of poverty and its mentality.

Some of them do not have the leisures of life you have even in your status. You only see the cars, the houses, the jets and the suites. You don't see the seed.

Shame on you.
Can you give me just one verse where Jesus inspired his disciples out of poverty? no wounder the bible says

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears" 2 Timothy 4:3

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by sparkleboy(m): 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
ladon1:
Has this pastors ever preached godliness with[b] contempt?[\b]
I doubt.

Content not contempt! No harm meant
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by distinctguy: 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
plaetton:

Even as an atheist, I could make a much better, more moral, more effective pastor than the christian pastors in Nigeria.

I am for hire. grin
Just don't tell the congregation that I am atheist.
cheesy

lol
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by kingilemona298(m): 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
Heheheheheh una never see anything grin
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by deebrain(m): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
nogames:
Can you give me just one verse where Jesus inspired his disciples out of poverty? no wounder the bible says

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears" 2 Timothy 4:3

Read (even only) your Luke 6 vs 38 with understanding. He was even inspiring all that heard him aside his disciples. And true, his disciples had issues with giving that was why he was responsible for their major financial and feeding issues.

Don't you ever quote a verse of scripture in ignorance to reply me.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Irunmole(m): 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
Simple really. There are tonnes and million gullible mugs out there to fund his lavish lifestyle in the forms of tithes and search for utopia in the name of "religion and salvation".
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by winner01(m): 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
ogbonoeba:

And the private jets?
Eventually, I will buy evangelist reinhard bonke a private jet to ease his movement and the spread of the gospel around the world....I believe the money given by God should be used for the expansion of God's kingdom......Great children of God like joseph, josiah, joash, david, abraham, etc were multi rich and would you tell me der were no poor people then....
Finally, king solomon was far richer than bill gates put together with more than half of the worlds multibillionaires put together and how did he make his money? Would you tell me there were no poor people in his country?

Lol
However I won't rule out the fact that the Bible warned us against fake prophets.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Emmasonic4me: 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

@ the bolded. Do you mean to say EXPENSIVE LIABILITY? If it were an asset, the car should be generating income daily. Try and differentiate between an asset and a liability.

BTW, imagine a pastor has up to 300 congregation that earn at least 100,000 naira and above (don't forget that some earn far more into six figures salary but let's analyse it with a minimum of 100k). Normally, tithe should be 10% of your monthly income. 10% of 100k is 10,000 naira multiplied by 300 and that will give us 3,000,000 naira (three million naira)....chai! ***O boy na oil well be this ooo*** gringringrin
All the pastor needs is to save the money for 3 months and he can buy that 10m naira luxury liability of a car and yet maintain it with the tithe payer's money. No wonder churches grow exponentially these days...Chai ,there is God oo.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mikron(m): 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

so because he is a pastor he is supposed to be poor? Ur way of thinking is appalling no insult intended
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by slap1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
I prefer to not comment on threads like this, but when members of your congregation dwell in poverty and you live in opulence, it doesn't look good.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by slap1(m): 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
mikron:
so because he is a pastor he is supposed to be poor? Ur way of thinking is appalling no insult intended
He hasn't implied so. His worry, as I understand, is that the pastor apparently lives in affluence when he could have used the money to help the poor members of his congregation.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by caryourdey(m): 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
[b][/b]I don't knw y some pastor will b using 10m naira cars y their followers will b using"legedise". this is unfair. I suggest pastor business should b stop in this country.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by 989900: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
Role models i.e. Clergy, regardless of religion, or wealth they may posses, should lead an exemplary simple life. Same goes for politicians too.

They are not MJ, Birdman, Don Jazzy, or P.Diddy.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by udemzyudex(m): 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
nogames:

and what about the bodyguard? Look truth must be told, most of these pastors are no longer in faith, hear the bible

In the last days......
People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Timothy 3:2 (International Standard Version)
i'm not talking about body guard.. Just trying to let some people know that pastors are not meant to suffer for us to know they are real..yes we av fake pastors but using wealth to describe whether a pastor is geniue is wrong..
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by udemzyudex(m): 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
notoriousbabe:
moderation is the key word,Jesus lived a very very moderate life.
i guess its because he have a body guard right? Anyway thats is own biz,at least av made my point clear..
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Originalsly: 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hmmm.....I always thought a pastor should live in humility and not in luxury.... especially on the backs of the poor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Praises Completion Of Abakpa-Emene Link Road / Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) / 29 Born Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.