Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? (41420 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by M4gunners: 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
goryorhal:

And the funniest thing b say all this so called celeb pastors go drive pass their gullible / poor members wey dey trek for road ...
The members go b " hey that's our pastor / daddy driving ...

Smh
God forgive me sha but the truth hurts !!!!
No be lie.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ogbonoeba: 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
Fussbot:
The thing is why should I believe u or ur God if your life isn't better than mine?you call yourself a pastor yet you are riding a volkswagen,I an unbeliever is using a range worth 20m so y should I give my life to ur God? That is the Nigerian mentality...if a pastors life isn't beta dan an ordinary believer no1 wld belief him or his God.

That been said,concerning the topic,y should a pastor use a 10m car?the thing is y shouldn't a pastor use it?wen a politician can and no1 will give a hoot?Davido,wizkid,linda ikeji olamide can all use 20m car but a pastor can't?what is my point,we lot do 4get these men are humans b4 pastors,aren't range rovers made for men?kkkk now I get it,pastors are angels that should fly!...

So where do they get money?lolz...I laugh at this a lot..see go and check the lives of these so called big pastors,u will find their secret----GIVING! There is no shortcut to blessing it's simply give and take!....these pastors feed widows,award scholarships,sow seeds to their seniors,pay tithes and u rili expect God not to bless them?u accusing dem,wen last did u give somebody 1k?linda ikeji gives away every last monday,davido recently paid for sm1s surgery,psquare gave OJB 10m for surgery...if u had dis money can u give like dem?try giving for 3months and see the changes in ur life!

Anoda factor is this,b4 a pastor uses a 10m car,that means his members are using 20 30m cars..shey u get?

All these been said though,doesn't mean we don't have wolves in sheep clothing...pastors collecting money from politicians,pastors collecting tithes without paying his(the sad part of this is,it won't work for the members that are paying dias..a pastor must give tithe from the tithe giving to him)..etc....and this apply to all spheres of life..bad eggs...

So b4 we condemn our pastors here and there...we need to know them very well...not pointing fingers here and there

Heck!some pastors were even born with a silver spoon!..

My 2cents

Yep, gullible

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by chysam: 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
[quote author=ladon1 post=31329692]Materialism? Hey watch it! It is a deadly sin that slowly turns away the heart of one that follows God into running after the flashy things of tgis world and you all know what?
Materialism can never be satisfied The desire to own more and more keeps growing if not checked on time. The truth is that this vanities of 10m in another 20 years would have passed away and by then no body wants that your car that once cost you 10m cos it has passed away. 70% money could well have been spent to solve the problems of the poor. Materialism leads to greed and greed to covetiousness and on and on.
One of the major evil that hss destroyed our nation Nigeria is materialism. Everyone aspiring to go into government is doing it for just one reason. Acquire money and material poccession. Unfortunately the church which is suppose to be the light of the world is the number one culprit.
Has this pastors ever preached godliness with contempt?
I doubt.

You made absolute sense. This is the only reason why non Jewish Christian pastors made tithing a "MUST" even when Jesus himself and the apostles whom we were directed by the bible to emulate intoto did not pay because they disassociated themselves from the Judaists who paid and received it.They question these fraudulent pastors deliberately refuse to answer is If early Christians worshipped together with the people who practised Judaism where tithes were paid and received.They deliberately fail to teach their congregants that Paul who hitherto paid tithes stopped paying as soon as he received Christ and became born again.They deliberately refuse to teach their gullible followers that Malachi 3:10 was in existence when Paul through the inspiration of God replaced it with freewill giving for those who have and not for those who have not.They deliberately refuse to tell them why Paul stopped paying tithe when he became a Christian. They deliberately refuse to tell them clearly if or not Jesus and the apostles and. The Christian converts who did not pay tithe robbed God.Would God allow someone who robbed him to write over 70% of the gospel?.Would God allow someone who Rob him in tithe and offering heal the sick,raise the dead and perform other miracles like the apostles did.How many of today's
pastors can perform miracles like the non tithe paying and receiving apostles did?. Bottom line is as long as followers remain gullible,thieves who call themselves men of God as if others are men of Satan will continue to amass great wealths,buy jets,ride big cars,sleep with young classy ladies ect..

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

Please educate yourself and stop spreading misinformation.

It is quite evident that you have not studied history, or the Bible yet you keep spouting nonsense.

Biga - ancient Roman chariot used for transport:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biga_%28chariot%29

These were also used to make a 'triumphant' entry:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadriga

Were the mythical Jesus a wealthy man he would have, at least, ridden horseback - the stories don't even claim that he did that.

Why didnt Jesus simply trek ? Okay, Jesus used a white donkey, so the Pastors should trek ? What's your point? That a Pastor is supposed to be poor ? Is that your common-sense approach ? Listen young man. You will not even enter that place called Heaven if you are not tolerant. Is this how you win souls for your Jesus ? By being arrogant ? calling people names ? Go back to your Jesus and tell him you have failed him. As for me, you are my friend and brother in Nigeria, and we are NOT Jews. Pastors are following the steps of Jesus, by riding the mechanical white donkeys called Range Rover.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ogbonoeba: 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

OK.

That's another lie.

People do speak out.

But are told to shut up.

This thread is an example.

Saharareporters is another.

I get that many of you are bitter but try and avoid spreading lies, it's a most annoying habit.

Far from it bro, I ain't bitter. My government, cares about me, as for yours, well that depends.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mayorkyzo: 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
So if a servant of God don't drive the car who would drive it...a child of satan
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ademolajames89(m): 1:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
For cryn out loud...
Dere is a difference bt assembly pastor and associate pastor...
For d assembly pastor,he is only entitled to d salary dats been paid to him by the church while the associate pastor who has his own job is entitled to both d salary and d money he has and all...
He is just an assistant to d assembly pastor..
So tell me,if an associate pastor who God has blessed his work is highly favoured and gets a car of 10million,is dere anytn rong with it?
And pls,dnt let us forget dat we have no right to judge any man of God ooo...only God knows d true one...
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ogbonoeba: 1:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
Billyonaire:

Why didnt Jesus simply trek ? Okay, Jesus used a white donkey, so the Pastors should trek ? What's your point? That a Pastor is supposed to be poor ? Is that your common-sense approach ? Listen young man. You will not even enter that place called Heaven if you are not tolerant. Is this how you win souls for your Jesus ? By being arrogant ? calling people names ? Go back to your Jesus and tell him you have failed him. As for me, you are my friend and brother in Nigeria, and we are NOT Jews. Pastors are following the steps of Jesus, by riding the mechanical white donkeys called Range Rover.

And the private jets?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by profolateju: 1:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
It's really a concern and a pertinent point of discussion. Sentiments apart, there's no need for such an extravagant lifestyle. 10 million naira car, private jets and all to me seem very excessive. Living moderately would be better appreciated and save all other excesses for the hungry and needy.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by tsdarkside(m): 1:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
Fussbot:
The thing is why should I believe u or ur God if your life isn't better than mine?you call yourself a pastor yet you are riding a volkswagen,I an unbeliever is using a range worth 20m so y should I give my life to ur God? That is the Nigerian mentality...if a pastors life isn't beta dan an ordinary believer no1 wld belief him or his God.

That been said,concerning the topic,y should a pastor use a 10m car?the thing is y shouldn't a pastor use it?wen a politician can and no1 will give a hoot?Davido,wizkid,linda ikeji olamide can all use 20m car but a pastor can't?what is my point,we lot do 4get these men are humans b4 pastors,aren't range rovers made for men?kkkk now I get it,pastors are angels that should fly!...

So where do they get money?lolz...I laugh at this a lot..see go and check the lives of these so called big pastors,u will find their secret----GIVING! There is no shortcut to blessing it's simply give and take!....these pastors feed widows,award scholarships,sow seeds to their seniors,pay tithes and u rili expect God not to bless them?u accusing dem,wen last did u give somebody 1k?linda ikeji gives away every last monday,davido recently paid for sm1s surgery,psquare gave OJB 10m for surgery...if u had dis money can u give like dem?try giving for 3months and see the changes in ur life!

Anoda factor is this,b4 a pastor uses a 10m car,that means his members are using 20 30m cars..shey u get?it becomes a problem when the pastors car is the most expensive in the church

All these been said though,doesn't mean we don't have wolves in sheep clothing...pastors collecting money from politicians,pastors collecting tithes without paying his(the sad part of this is,it won't work for the members that are paying dias..a pastor must give tithe from the tithe giving to him)..etc....and this apply to all spheres of life..bad eggs...

So b4 we condemn our pastors here and there...we need to know them very well...not pointing fingers here and there

Heck!some pastors were even born with a silver spoon!..

My 2cents

do you think,this is gods blessing to be stealing from the poor....LOL ...

HAHAHAHA!!!!
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Fussbot: 1:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
ogbonoeba:

Yep, gullible
and ur smartness has gotten u millions?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
ogbonoeba:

And the private jets?
Jesus said; "With faith, you can do more than me". Men of God have attained that level of faith. Somebody shout Allah-Lujah.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
Billyonaire:

1. Stop lying to yourself - the Bible is very clear about how Jesus felt about material wealth. One of the earliest tales is of him turning over the tables of the traders/money changers at the temple. And yet in 2015 we now have ATMs in churches. Jesus is reported to have said that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to enter the kingdom of heaven - and yet there are pastors brazenly amassing material wealth and setting an unfortunate example to their sheep.

2. Stop making assumptions:
i) I am not a Christian
ii) You do not know where I reside

3. Christians claim to follow the scripture and abuse those that do not. If that is the case then they should follow it and stop being hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Fussbot: 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
tsdarkside:

do you think,this is gods blessing to be stealing from the poor....LOL ...

HAHAHAHA!!!!
the thing is why should a christian be poor in the first place?does christiany=poverty in ur dictionary?

And who are these poor u talking bout sef?the congregation?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by pendusky(m): 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
goryorhal:

Mumu Shey na you dey sell the drugs for me ...
You just open that your yeye mouth dey talk nonsense ..
No b your fault na airtel wey dash you weekend MB..
We know your type

Thank You! Now let's see urs!

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by OURPEPTALK(m): 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I still go to church. I left my baptist church for a smaller one. The pastor drives a car donated to the church- a small toyota. Simple and efficient.

When God increase the small church and they afford a bigger car for your Pastor, you will again leave for a smaller church.
are we really getting blessed?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by tsdarkside(m): 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

1. Stop lying to yourself - the Bible is very clear about how Jesus felt about material wealth. One of the earliest tales is of him turning over the tables of the traders/money changers at the temple. And yet in 2015 we now have ATMs in churches. Jesus is reported to have said that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to enter the kingdom of heaven - and yet there are pastors brazenly amassing material wealth and setting an unfortunate example to their sheep.

i) I am not a Christian

3. Christians claim to follow the scripture and abuse those that do not. If that is the case then they should follow it and stop being hypocrites.

ATMs in churches

HAAHAHAHA....

too much...LOL

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by goryorhal(m): 1:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
M4gunners:
No be like.

I tell you my brother ... You expect me make i dey fetch water pour inside well?
Ko possible ... There are better ways wey this pastors fit help the poor ones ...
But na only God go judge everyone.... I no talk say make pastor no drive Hummer but at least make dem sef dey try give back to the poor ones ..
And no b say dem go dey carry convey up and down like politician ... The only difference btw dem and politicians na just poster ...
Politicians dey suck our money
Pastor sef dey suck our money

Smh

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
ogbonoeba:

Far from it bro, I ain't bitter. My government, cares about me, as for yours, well that depends.

You don't who my government is.

To be honest with you I've found that it is only foolish or irresponsible people who rely on governments to take care of their needs.

Ask anyone who has had to leave active service from the United States Armed Forces how well they were treated by their government - both during and after active service. I would suggest that you speak to those in need of medical assistance, in particular.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by usmana911(m): 1:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
If ONLY the Animals could perfectly understand Human Speech and Language," Men of God" would've long colonised them to be going to manmade houses of Semitic Gods to do thanksgiving for finding a sex-mate, for giving birth to offsprings;
Herbivores: for having grass to graze and escaping from Carnivorous predators;
Carnivores: for locating dumb preys and for having flesh to devour.
"Men of God" would've asked them to bring 1/10 (One-tenth) of the eggs, milk and portions of the raw (devoured) flesh they possess for a divine increase by a Semitic God. Chai!
~ Oyinsky, 2015.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by tsdarkside(m): 1:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
there is no such thing as heaven...

this is the BIG LIE the europeans and arabs used to keep on oppressing us,the chinese dont believe in heaven,they reason... angry angry angry

suffer now,,,enjoy later in heaven..LOL.

HAHAHA...

unbelievable,the lie is still working till today...WOW. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Fussbot: 1:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
OURPEPTALK:

When God increase the small church and they afford a bigger car for your Pastor, you will again leave for a smaller church.
are we really getting blessed?
thank you!

When God blesses his small church and becomes big and his pastor can now afford a range instead of a toyota..that's when they will start shouting!...
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by disneyjdkeyz(m): 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
They serve d most high God, one who created all things, so men of God shouldn't be broke, If dey re broke how will dey preach d Gospel, d deserve d best things on earth
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
JoeCutie:
This is why all these so called 'Men of God' can never and will never preach poverty. How can they, when they enrich themselves with the Church members' money. And the foolish thing is that all these Church members sheepishly buy this idea, sacrificing their own wealth for the sake of the "man of God". Pathetic.

It's true they don't take vows of poverty like the Catholic priests, or do they? But the reality is that many of their members are poor, and they are rich. This reality is very clear for all to see. "Our God is not a poor God". Rubbish! "There will be no poor man among His children". Blasphemy! God made everything in such a way that some will be rich while some won't. That's the clear message they should preach to their members. But how could you preach poverty when you're a proud owner of a Private Jet, fleet of exotic cars that the President would only be proud of? It's not possible. This is the thing: no matter how faithful all the Christians put together are, there will still be poor people, and it's not because of their unrighteousness, but because that's the way of God. Nothing can change that. The earlier people realise this, the better for the world.

Two of the MAJOR contributors to our problems in this country are: Politicians (Government) and Pastors (or generally, "men of God" ). The Politicians enrich themselves with the Tax payers' money, while Pastors do same with the Tithe payers' money. Any how, they are being paid: Tax or Tithe.

Pastors should live comfortably well, fine; but all these aberrations we see in this country? Only God knows the heart of men; and only Him can judge.

If you don't know, know now Catholic priest are balling hard these days!
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by goryorhal(m): 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
pendusky:

Thank You! Now let's see urs!

Bobo yi fe te!!!

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by mmsen: 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by anonimi: 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
Why?

Because he has many people in his congregation who do NOT read their Bible but follow what the god of men says.
How can someone have knowledge of God without reading His word and becoming free indeed?
QED!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by diamondinyang(f): 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
ladon1:
Materialism? Hey watch it! It is a deadly sin that slowly turns away the heart of one that follows God into running after the flashy things of tgis world and you all know what?
Materialism can never be satisfied The desire to own more and more keeps growing if not checked on time. The truth is that this vanities of 10m in another 20 years would have passed away and by then no body wants that your car that once cost you 10m cos it has passed away. 70% money could well have been spent to solve the problems of the poor. Materialism leads to greed and greed to covetiousness and on and on.
One of the major evil that hss destroyed our nation Nigeria is materialism. Everyone aspiring to go into government is doing it for just one reason. Acquire money and material poccession. Unfortunately the church which is suppose to be the light of the world is the number one culprit.
Has this pastors ever preached godliness with contempt?
I doubt.

well spoken my guy.
you know some times I wonder why a pastor would preach for us not to fear, but at the same time they are going around with bodyguards.
who is pursuing them?

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Sike(m): 1:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
Allah alim
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by fikky2013(f): 1:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

Hmmm
I wouldn't want to judge for the bible says judge not my anointed.
Truly, wealth and riches are meant for Christians. Father Abraham, Isaac, Joseph, king David, king Solomon all in the bible lived a wealthy life. But my question is-is the wealth used accordingly by our so called men of God today?
I don't know o, but I want to believe there are plenty that are still poor in the man's church. There are still many dedicated members of the church that can not afford to pay house rents and pay their children tutions.
Honestly, if a pastor of a wealthy church can cater for members of his church that are poor and the needy that are close by, afterwhich he uses a 30million worth of jeep, I for one will not object.

*personal opinion*
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:

i) I am not a Christian

You have stated that you are NOT a christian, so I forgive you for your mal-understanding, misunderstanding, and under-understanding of the Bible. Go and sin no more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Praises Completion Of Abakpa-Emene Link Road / Gary Foxcroft Saving "Witches" In Akwa-Ibom (Video) / 29 Born Again Christians Return WAEC Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.