Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? (41399 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
vooks:
Don't get worked up because am calling out your BS. The 'standards' exist in your mind and you are trying to impose them on everyone

If you don't know the standards under which the far majority of Nigerians live today, well, that tells us all we need to know about you, and confirms and justifies calling you and your type Brood Of Vipers.

And Btw, standards of living indices such as per capita income, infant mortality rate, unemployment rate, available of affordable health care, etc, were taught in primary and secondary schools, if only you had paid attention.
I fully grasped the concept in my primary school days.

Asking me to show you what standards with which the extravagant lifestyle of a bling bling Nigerian pastor should be measured clearly betrays not only your moral deficits, but your academic and intellectual deficits as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

American pastor abi? They are on another level. Call me harsh but I prefer to listen to white pastors. Too many of our African-American pastors are hustlers for money and materialism
In fact, my white pastor has contributed more donation to Africa than all this our billionaire pastors in Nigeria.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by hamilton62(m): 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

Every labourer has a reward, no matter your talent or calling as a man of God, you need hardwork to achieve the full benefits... After several years of sincerely and honestly worshipping the Lord with months, years of patched panties and emergency fastings due to lack and God manifest His word (Isaiah 55:2; wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? And your labour for that which satisfieth not? Harken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness) which he honours more than His name then people will tell you not to enjoy the good things of life he has given?
Most of those cars are bought for them, remember, the success of the congregations is the success of the church and the pastors, so every successful and Godly pastor prays for his congregations with passion and transfer wisdom, knowledge and understanding through the word of God aided by the spirit of God Himself.
If jesus on earth was never poor; paying the tax of his 12 disciples by sending peter to the river to catch a fish with gold coin in its mouth, hosted 5000 men and another 4000 without borrowing money, rode on the best of beast which wasn't mounted for the triumphant entry... Why will His people whom He told that will perform greater miracles than he did not have these enjoyment before death?
Have you forgotten than in heaven there'll be no preaching nor riding on luxuries apart from singing of Hymns and worshipping Him?
He has given us all these to enjoy here as His children be you a pastor or not but if you sincerely follow Him then you'll enjoy the fullness of wealth because it's GRACE!
I can't be the son of Bill Gate and ride on cars of #10,000,000 please it's too small then talk more of a God who has all wealth...
Mind you, no matter how much I help or sponsor people as a Man Of God, not all will be satisfied so the best thing to do is channel my congregation to the simple and rare knowledge of abundance and providence in God and some financial supports or otherwise as the spirit of God willeth from me.
However, the problem I have with some Men Of God now is that they leave the best of gift to life which is SALVATION and preach finance! finance!! Finance!!!.
If a pastor doesn't take the tithe of his congregation as given to the LEVIS by God from the time of the Israelis in the wilderness will he give it to you or do you want God to come down from heaven and take it?
Do you know that even pastors pay their tithes and none is exempted from it?
How will you feel if I come into your well furnished office of couch, #3,000,000 as wealthy as you are or poor then I preach to you with my wretched dresses with patches and a Golden bible telling you that I have a wealthy God?
Doesn't that mock Him?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by daamazing(m): 3:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
Experienced one too last week...I stay at ayobo,close to this anchor university,don't know which church has it..as I boarded a bus going to iyana ipaja,3 legion vehicles came out 1st den about 8jeeps followed.about 2 oda legion vehicles came out too followed by about 8 more jeeps.I was just wondering how did pastor afforded all did..dem just block road come dey use siren dey make noise...pastors-dem worse pas politicians
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by ElFenomeno1: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
zyzxx:
Because his God is not poor and he owns everything.

Brainwashed tool!
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by xtervaganza(m): 3:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
A week ago, I saw a popular pastor at shoprite coming down from a newer model range rover with a bodyguard. That car should be at least 10-20 million naira. A 2012 range rover sport goes for 11 million naira at least.

I do not want to mention the pastor's name so that his members and followers here do not come and bash me. I am a christian but such extravagance bothers me.

I just want to know what biblical or commonsense justification can be given for such an expensive asset?

religion is a fraud. The earlier you know the better
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by scholarosisi(f): 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

The big boys and kings in those days used horses and chariots. Jesus's triumphant entry was humble.
thank u bro. People saw christ's personality not his luxury
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Obascoetubi: 3:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
THE LORD SHALL SUPLY ALLUR NEEDS ACCORDING TO HIS RICH IN GLORY
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by 36STATES: 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
EngrRolly:
If an Unbeliever, a cheat or a political leader cud own a jet,then y shdnt a Pastor?

He has given us the earth to inherit,let us enjoy it buh whilst we do so we should all remember that hw we inherit this earth is one ultimate Exam we will have to face

You're definitely not very intelligent.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Mollybobog1(m): 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
does being a pastor means living a wretched life, or does it means not being able to satisfy one's hunger as man, pls stop all this pastor criticism, always believe they r pple like us n also they deserve to b happy .
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Daresh(f): 3:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

This is what I keep saying. All these "men of God" are just business men. My Jesus had NOTHING!

Absolutely nothing but he was the SON of God.

Let them continue fooling people and their gullible followers.

This is why I go to Orthodox church . I have done the whole pentecostal thing and I'm sick to death of their hypocrisy.

Goodluck to them and their followers.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by 36STATES: 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
hamilton62:

Every labourer has a reward, no matter your talent or calling as a man of God, you need hardwork to achieve the full benefits... After several years of sincerely and honestly worshipping the Lord with months, years of patched panties and emergency fastings due to lack and God manifest His word (Isaiah 55:2; wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? And your labour for that which satisfieth not? Harken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness) which he honours more than His name then people will tell you not to enjoy the good things of life he has given?
Most of those cars are bought for them, remember, the success of the congregations is the success of the church and the pastors, so every successful and Godly pastor prays for his congregations with passion and transfer wisdom, knowledge and understanding through the word of God aided by the spirit of God Himself.
If jesus on earth was never poor; paying the tax of his 12 disciples by sending peter to the river to catch a fish with gold coin in its mouth, hosted 5000 men and another 4000 without borrowing money, rode on the best of beast which wasn't mounted for the triumphant entry... Why will His people whom He told that will perform greater miracles than he did not have these enjoyment before death?
Have you forgotten than in heaven there'll be no preaching nor riding on luxuries apart from singing of Hymns and worshipping Him?
He has given us all these to enjoy here as His children be you a pastor or not but if you sincerely follow Him then you'll enjoy the fullness of wealth because it's GRACE!
I can't be the son of Bill Gate and ride on cars of #10,000,000 please it's too small then talk more of a God who has all wealth...
Mind you, no matter how much I help or sponsor people as a Man Of God, not all will be satisfied so the best thing to do is channel my congregation to the simple and rare knowledge of abundance and providence in God and some financial supports or otherwise as the spirit of God willeth from me.
However, the problem I have with some Men Of God now is that they leave the best of gift to life which is SALVATION and preach finance! finance!! Finance!!!.
If a pastor doesn't take the tithe of his congregation as given to the LEVIS by God from the time of the Israelis in the wilderness will he give it to you or do you want God to come down from heaven and take it?
Do you know that even pastors pay their tithes and none is exempted from it?
How will you feel if I come into your well furnished office of couch, #3,000,000 as wealthy as you are or poor then I preach to you with my wretched dresses with patches and a Golden bible telling you that I have a wealthy God?
Doesn't that mock Him?
Thanks.

You are a real conman. A miracle hawker.
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by 36STATES: 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Great reply. Humility gets one into the dinner table of kings.

One thing that no one even considers is the effect of such cars. A pastor in America stated that he drives an electric car to save the environment. Our Nigerian pastors will spend 20 million on a luxury car to look good rather than spending bout 8 million on a fue efficient and environmental friendly car.

Do you think an average nairalander will understand your point?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Adyrin(m): 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
If he doesn't own a car and tells you that God would give you a car W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t would be your response deep down within?
"You wen D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ prophesy God never give you then na me?"
That would be most of our thoughts!
But now he drives a Range and prophesies that God that did that for him will give you a G-Wagon, your Amen go tear race...

Christianity is not a call to poverty sire!
#mayGodgrantUsUnderstanding!!!
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by nnekaregy(f): 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
Y shouldn't they, men and women of God should have the best.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by otiigba1(m): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
why not? he is a buisness man not a pator, the car is perharps his 20 percentage for helping to launder millions of naira through his crooked so called church angry i thought that Bible says a rich man can not go to heaven, correct me if am wrong tongue
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Sunglow: 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
plaetton:

If you think that it is ok for a christian pastor to drive a 10m naira car in a society where the the per capita income is less than 100k, many church members are homeless, many are jobless, many go to church with empty tummies, many die because they cant afford basic healthcare, then I regret to inform you, sir, that you are completely clueless about what christianity is, or is supposed to be.

And this is the general problem with these imported tbings we call religion. Many of you have never understood what it is supposed to be about.
What you are practicing is African churchianity, far far different from the simple teachings of the crucified Nazerene, eas brought to us by the bible.
O ye of little faith! Christians are meant to live by faith not by waiting for someone somewhere to come to your aid.Scripture says pastors should LIVE off the gospel n for your information Solomon was rich very rich and it was God that gave him wealth n there were poor people in Solomon's time did God not know DAT but He still chose to bless Solomon with wealth untowed.The world has not seen anything yet,for not only will Gods children including pastors will drive the best of cars we OWN the best of things for the whole world has been bequeathed to Abraham and his 'seed'and that 'seed'is CHRIST and if u be Abraham's seed then that makes you an heir of God and a joint heir with CHRIST!Christians OWN the whole world! Gods decision not ours!
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by VivaLaFrans: 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by otiigba1(m): 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
36STATES:

You are a real conman. A miracle hawker.
you see how he justified it? most nigerian so called christians are hypocrites, they pick and choose has a justification for every of their actions cool
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by pelumiakinboye1: 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
ogbonoeba:

And he had 300 bytches to nack...you want to emulate him?
I Pirry U
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
Is the pastor God different from ours?

AllNaijaBlogger:

Pastor is not God
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by eripecs(f): 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

The bible says let your moderation be known unto all men. People go for expensive things to show off - pride of life and covetousness. A xtian should always ask God if he/she should buy some desirable things. If God says "go ahead", fine otherwise, it is sin. What Would Jesus Do?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Sunglow: 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
otiigba1:
why not? he is a buisness man not a pator, the car is perharps his 20 percentage for helping to launder millions of naira through his crooked so called church angry i thought that Bible says a rich man can not go to heaven, correct me if am wrong tongue
you are wrong! Solomon was rich,Abraham was rich too and they have gone to heaven.What would u rather prefer prosperity or poverty? God is not poor so stop thinking God will be offended at you if u are rich,in fact God wants you rich and its for a reason.if you can humble yourself to understand Gods reasons for prosperity, u will fight poverty with everything within u.Never forget poverty is of the devil,so don't accept it nor settle for it.Bible says a good Father leaves an inheritance for his children children, hope u are planning on leaving some inheritance for your next generation? Its important bro.Happy sunday
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
The same pastor who will always read this "vanity upon vanity passage in d bible" why will a pastor even require a body guard.? What is he guarding? A true servants of God should not be guarded by solders or armed men. May God help us!

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

American pastor abi? They are on another level. Call me harsh but I prefer to listen to white pastors. Too many of our African-American pastors are hustlers for money and materialism
The white pastors don't drive cars, they use Jets... So get ur facts right. Whether white or african american, whether rich or poor, No one shld take the place of GOD and judge this men
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by hamilton62(m): 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
Weah96:

Personally, I don't care for materials. Money, yes, but not materials. Preachers should emulate Jesus who never indulged in the luxuries of planet earth.

If you must succumb to materialism, then moderation should be the key. A Range Rover is materialistic. It's marketed as a luxury SUV.
What animal and grade did Jesus enter Jerusalem with?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by otiigba1(m): 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sunglow:
you are wrong! Solomon was rich,Abraham was rich too and they have gone to heaven.What would u rather prefer prosperity or poverty? God is not poor so stop thinking God will be offended at you if u are rich,in fact God wants you rich and its for a reason.if you can humble yourself to understand Gods reasons for prosperity, u will fight poverty with everything within u.Never forget poverty is of the devil,so don't accept it nor settle for it.Bible says a good Father leaves an inheritance for his children children, hope u are planning on leaving some inheritance for your next generation? Its important bro.Happy sunday
o yea! poverty is of the devil? Christ parent were poor his father was a carpenter, they never had bentleys or range rover or wore shiny gold watches, does that mean christ is of the devil? angry and poverty does not mean if do not have a range rover your poor
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sunglow:
O ye of little faith! Christians are meant to live by faith not by waiting for someone somewhere to come to your aid.Scripture says pastors should LIVE off the gospel n for your information Solomon was rich very rich and it was God that gave him wealth n there were poor people in Solomon's time did God not know DAT but He still chose to bless Solomon with wealth untowed.The world has not seen anything yet,for not only will Gods children including pastors will drive the best of cars we OWN the best of things for the whole world has been bequeathed to Abraham and his 'seed'and that 'seed'is CHRIST and if u be Abraham's seed then that makes you an heir of God and a joint heir with CHRIST!Christians OWN the whole world! Gods decision not ours!
Oh Gosh! shocked
You slowpoke,
They forgot to teach you in sunday school that Solomon was not a christian.
He was a KING.
And kings live off the wealth of their kingdoms.
Only a slowpoke can publicly boast that King Solomon was a rich christian.

Gosh!
What type of educational system produces these kinds of people.?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by 400billionman: 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
Most Nigerians are funny.

We don't ask questions. These men are enriching themselves with money which advanced countries will label charity..

If such a wealthy man does not pay tax because he is living on charity, then why should the poor pay tax or contribute more for them ?
Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by 400billionman: 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sunglow:

Solomon was a king, that was his primary occupation. Abraham was a cattle rearer. Why won't they be rich ?

Here, we are referring to men whose primary occupation is preaching and living on charity..

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by otiigba1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
plaetton:

Oh Gosh! shocked
You slowpoke,
They forgot to teach you in sunday school that Solomon was not a christian.
He was a KING.
And kings live off the wealth of their kingdoms.
Only a slowpoke can publicly boast that King Solomon was a rich christian.

Gosh!
What type of educational system produces these kinds of people.?
this is how some so called christians justifies their behaviour i wonder which Bible he has been reading he also asserted that poverty is of the devil, so which means if you dont own a range rover 2015, you are of the devil grin

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Pastor Drive A 10 Million Naira Car? by plaetton: 4:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sunglow:

So, Jesus was wrong when he said "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a niddle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven".?
Is that your point, sister?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Winners' Chapel Broadcasting Network On Satellite / Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / Celestial Church Of Christ Pastor, His Wife & Son Die In Fatal Accident In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.