Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (62569 Views)

President Goodluck Jonathan and Corruption - Femi Orebe / President Jonathan And Comedian Bovi Smile At Each Other (Photo) / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by mahyowah(m): 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
all these obas joined together are not as powerful as God. so even if they bless or curse him God alone knows and can determine who'll come out victorious.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by MasterKtops(m): 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
maestroferddi:
Senseless question!

The people of hate and spite are ready to contradict African culture to promote a futile agenda.

A staff is the epitome/embodiment of power in African culture.

Have these ignorant folks promoting mischief heard of "the staff of office"?

God help the agents of division and hate!

God bless you! How can they "pretend" to bless him when they know the world is watching? If it is actully curses they are raining on him, I am very sure the media, which is full of Yoruba people with in-depth knowledge will know this and they would have brought it up. And why would the Obas be so cowardly to trick him and not tell him straight to his fce that they do no like him? OP has some issues spewing hate anyhow! And these other people wagging their tongues as if they know anything about Yoruba culture. Even those that know absolutely nothing are saying they are sure it is a symbol of curse just for the purpose of making fun of GEJ *smh*

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by brainbox2014(m): 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
It doesn't matter whether it's a blessing or a curse. The real power lies with the people not traditional rulers.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by kelvine(m): 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Thanks brother, even if it is a curse it will revert into a blessing.

Adyrin:
Who God bless no man can curse!

GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Horgahkunle(m): 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
gen2briz:
See has him sit down like dummy dey receive curse untop him desperate
urge for power.

But GEJ has to press for full refund.. FFK should explain the meaning of
what the oba's did to him.

This na pure scam
grin
gen2briz:
urge for power.

This na pure scam
Try to understand different btw
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Melahou(m): 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
Pointing the staff is an advance level of blessing.
You don't see such everyday

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by linusbnn(m): 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
wakacome:
grin grin Dem don scam Goodluck jonathan,That was why I was laughing out loud when some clueless pdp supporters said that the obas are blessing jonathan...you can never know the heart of an oba,an oba can claim he is praying for you yet he is also cursing you deep inside his heart.....everyone have turned Goodluck jonathan to a cash cow that you can milk dry,just tell him you will support him and collect your own share and at his back go against him without him knowing,that is what a lot of people around GEJ are doing but it is a shame that even goodluck jonathan does not know that they are deceiving him.....Mark my words "Fani kayode is the number one man deceiving goodluck jonathan but it is a pity that the president do not even know because he is blinded by what he hears from them and not what he feels about them...

Gej robot,how market??

Don't blame him,only blame his stupidity...he thought they are blessing him...grin grin

You know more than the Obas on how to place their staff wen blessing or cursing some1 ba? Nonsense undecided
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by psalmsjob: 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
Babyboy1986:
shocked :oChai too bad oo.. shocked shocked

But the blessing of God is more than the belessing of man.

So wetin carry am go dia den if him no sey God blessing pass man own! Since him don leave God go there go receive curse inplace of blessing even God don turn back from GEJ nobe tuday!

#SaiBuhari

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Ilekeh(f): 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ahmeduana:

THEM YOU ARE IN POSITION TO TELL US WHAT IS AT PLAY, BECAUSE JONATHAN UNDERSTAND YORUBA, AND HE CAN DIFFERENTIATE A BLESSING FROM A CAUSE, AND MORE OVER IS NOT ONLY JONATHAN THAN IS THERE HIS CHIEF OF STAFF, IS PERSONAL ASSISTANCE HIS SPOKE PERSON AND JOURNALISTS ALL OF THEM ARE PRESENT. BY THE WAY DID YOU THINK EVERYBODY MINDS ARE ROTTEN?

GEJ understands Yoruba?

Niggah, just shut up plz
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Eddieactor: 1:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
Senseless post. Yoruba Obas are not cowards, if they didn't like u, they will say it out.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by angelo82: 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
You should know this is the usual way of forcing blessings on someone who is not blessed......You will have to use Epe but that doesn't mean he won't get the positive result..........They can't bless him through the normal way because it won't work as the man might have committed a lot of atrocities unknown to ordinary human being.....So they are cursing him just to bless him by force..........

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Mufasa27(m): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
gen2briz:
urge for power.

This na pure scam
Or better still ask your father what he is doing with the obas.... fool ! well no b your fault sha
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
They're clearly holding wands, who would want to vote in such a credulous candidate? grin
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by gen2briz(m): 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Mufasa27:

Or better still ask your father what he is doing with the obas.... fool ! well no b your fault sha

A fool will surely thinks others are....
Btw who's fault he be.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by HardeyBbee: 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
gen2briz:
GEJ has to press for full refund.. FFK should explain the meaning of

This na pure scam

lmao
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
thunder74:

Op, please go and research further. They can't use the horse tails on the head of the nation that is superior to them but their staff of office. The Obas use irukere (horse tail) to touch their subjects head. The president is not a common man. They dare not use it on him but their Opa Ase (the symbols of office) which is higher than the irukere.

*sighs*

When did the presidential seat become synonymous to a spiritual position?

I am sure Jonathan either prostates or bends his head in salutation. He will never dare to stand in front of them to greet.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Mufasa27(m): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
gen2briz:

A fool will surely thinks others are....
Btw who's fault he be.
I won't exchanges words with ya, but all thanks to Gej at least he made paupers like you afford cheap connections,that's why u come here and yarn dust... ode..
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by kelvine(m): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
Bros you are operating with superior wisdom relating the rod to that of Moses. Moses' rod was initially just a stick until God made him realize how much of a blessing or miracles it can perform. Once again I salute your thinking process.

thunder74:

What did Moses turned to snake and used to swallow Pharaoh's snakes? What was used to part the red Sea? What was used to bring water from the rock? It not the stick that does the wonder but the power in the stick.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Bizibi(m): 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
The freedom of information bill is really working....
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by lovely17(m): 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
Yoruba people no dey carry last
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by gen2briz(m): 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
Mufasa27:

I won't exchanges words with ya, but all thanks to Gej at least he made paupers like you afford cheap connections,that's why u come here and yarn dust... ode..

By their words you shall you them....
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Mufasa27(m): 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
gen2briz:

By their word you shall you them....
...... and by their useless grammatic error you sha know them.... u see why I called you a fool pauper.?
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by thunder74(m): 1:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
IYANGBALI:
dey there dey compare Moses stick with those of these evil people,moreover Moses was picked by God and not by man like all these fetish Obas. Man mi shine your eye forget bible and face reality of life
Bros permit me to laugh at this your post. Omode o m'ogun, o n pe l'efo (A child does not know juju, he calls it vegetable soup). The same tongue that tastes bitter is also used to taste sweet. I am an Ijebu man, ogun wa (Juju dey). It is because they are truely evil, that is why you admitted they are evil.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by WOCKHARDI(m): 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
bishopjoe02:
Staff of authority can either be use to curse or bless. .
depending on what on the king mind and what comes out of their mouth doing the ceremony.

The two pictures show kings pointing or placing a staff of authority on someone. what will determine if it is a curse or blessing is what comes out of their mouth.

even the Bible say life and death are in the power of the mouth.
Because of the numerous number of kings present doing Jonathan's blessing its totally impossible to place the staff of authority on him.

Open your eyes guys..
The best answer to that question. I know that blessings definitely proceeded from their mouths during the ceremony, and that's what matters.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by adaybayor(m): 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
onatisi:
God bless u one million times for this comment. I have said it many times that apc supporters are dumber than buhari cows in his farm. It is just pointless and worthless arguing with them. The only two language and words in their brains is shout change like a bus conductor or sai baba like a cattle rearer .

to you, it is all about what you want to hear and not what is the fact. those staffs are called opa itele not opa ashe, two very different symbols. the guy you quoted doesn't know what he is saying, why cant obas pray for the president with the horse tail? yes, the preaident is superior to them constitutionally but not traditionally. they can decide to pray for anybody with the horse tail or the opa ashe (staff of office) but never with the walking stick

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by IYANGBALI: 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
thunder74:

Bros permit me to laugh at this your post. Omode o m'ogun, o n pe l'efo (A child does not know juju, he calls it vegetable soup). The same tongue that tastes bitter is also used to taste sweet. I am an Ijebu man, ogun wa (Juju dey). It is because they are truely evil, that is why you admitted they are evil.
thank you jare,its only the people with spiritual eyes that understood what happened that day at the ooni's palace
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by bokohalal(m): 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Apc and its supporters disgust me. They make me sick to my stomach. Must you fools read meanings into everything? I begin to wonder whether some of you were brought into this world through anal sex. Buhari is not half the man president Gej is and will ever be. At 72 he has absolutely nothing to offer Nigerians. A man who failed as a military head of state will surely fail as a civilian president. He's a serial loser. Apc as a party should be auctioned and the money realized from its auction,should be used to feed the beggars and almajiris in Daura, Osun state where tinubu comes from and Rivers state where driver general Amaechi comes from. My 1000 cowries opinion.
If GEJ had been a military leader ( not that he could have, he would have been overthrown after one week. Democracy is his saviour.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by cjudy(m): 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
APC robots, can I tell u something? GEJ is a Christian and he believes in "Who God has blessed, no man can Curse". if na lie ask 2face
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by upsonn(m): 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
Phrankin:
So what you are saying in effect is that the obas are cowards and backstabbers who can't look someone in the face and tell them their mind. Instead they hide behind symbolic gestures while pretending to be your friend.

There is nothing like coward or pretending... Go n read yoruba obas history... They are very confrontation and bold. but nah d guy carry himself go meet the obas n when they told him our pple here in sw are not going to support u, he resulted into begging n bribing me.... When he did nt hear n he insisted that they should do fake acceptance for him n they did... Sikena.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by mekstaniac(m): 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
Their curses cnt do him nothing. Na dia time dey waste finally
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by russy: 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
[b][/b]this jona no go kill me ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, wahali he needs to come to fela shrine too and we use india hemp to pray for him. grin grin grin
let him orunmila for prayers too but he should not forget their dollar.......ooooo
even the association of prostitutes is still waiting for him................................................
even more the indian temple he should not forget to visit them.

listen, Mr president and his team, when God choose you in 2011 how many of the so call places did u visit.........
stop behaving like saul after samuel rejected him.................................is not too late
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by layinkakeem(m): 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
They are spiritually,mentally,physically,socially,emotionally,
Placing curse in him,

Fool presido with no sense and ideas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fire razes David Mark’s residence in Benue / Epic Reply This Guy Gave Osinbajo On Twitter / See The Controversial Front Page Of Sun Newspaper That Got Nigerians Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.