Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:27 AM

President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (63034 Views)

President Goodluck JonathanĀ and Corruption - Femi Orebe / President Jonathan And Comedian Bovi Smile At Each Other (Photo) / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by itstpia8: 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
tswitch:

Reading punch online now.
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-visits-ooni-monarch-demands-oduduwa-state/

I remember him asking for Odua state and Ile-Ife or so should be the capital.

Mimiko and Agricultural minister were there, do you know tradition more than them?

In my place those staffs yorubas call Opa are called Okwure (spelling sucks I know) but you dare not fabricate such lies against Oba Ne' Edo!

Are you trying to say you're not Yoruba therefore its ok for gej to be seated in an empty room whenever he goes to see your own oba?
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tswitch: 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
itstpia8:

Are you trying to say you're not Yoruba therefore its ok for gej to be seated in an empty room whenever he goes to see your own oba?

I am Nigerian and have a parent from Edo state.
I did not comment on this thread to discusss culture or tradition, I only commented to debunk the misrepresentation of a sacred act.

Off to bed.
Good night.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by emmatok(m): 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
itstpia8:

you are the one lying here.

This is the clip you're referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNEtRc8Ghrg

Ooni's exact words were: there is something we do at the source, which is not done in any other part of Yorubaland.

I hope you can decipher what he was saying?

Did you notice the emphasis on SOURCE and the subsequent qualifiers which mentioned it is NOT practiced by any other part of yorubaland?

And the pause BEFORE he called on the obas to point their sticks?

are you viewing the clip with understanding or with something else?

That was a ritual performed for non-Yorubas who want acceptance.

Its neither a blessing or curse m just a RITUAL.

But notice that most of those pointing staffs @GEJ are not OBAs, but BAALEs.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by heavenstorm: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
It is a curse ooo... A curse for Jonathan cos it shall never be well with him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tsdarkside(m): 9:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
thank you...

it only shows that jonathan does not know is own people.... angry angry angry

the idiat dont understand,that you kneel down to be blessed...BIG APRIL-FOOL....

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tsdarkside(m): 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
NIGERIANS,DO YOU WANT A CURSED MAN TO LEAD YOU ANOTHER 4 YEARS?

THEN THE CURSE WILL BE ON YOU TOO!!!
angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tsdarkside(m): 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
coldsummer:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

abeg i cant laugh too much.

its funny and sad the same time.....

HEAVENS..

this guy is too clueless...

unbelievable...

chai,,,walahi,,,chineke god...jehova....ungbanu.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tsdarkside(m): 9:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
if jonathan is voted another 4 years,than nigeria is DOOOMED!!!!

i am pissed off...am outa here... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by bboshodi: 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
Yes! My people, Blessing or Curse, I think we should all see the level of Desperation here. Even if this guy gets this post by crook, Honestly he's not going to perform anything. This one that every body can lay hands on. President that those not have mind of his own.

Pls temitemi or what's the name of that his internet rat? Pls tell him the Association of witches & wizards will also want endorse him.

He will NEVER come back.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Rick9(m): 12:40am On Mar 10, 2015
grin grin grin grin this is Laughable.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by itstpia8: 3:22am On Mar 10, 2015
tswitch:

I am Nigerian and have a parent from Edo state.
I did not comment on this thread to discusss culture or tradition, I only commented to debunk the misrepresentation of a sacred act.

Off to bed.
Good night.

sweetie I did not ask for your history.

I just said does your claiming anywhere you like, mean gej is seated in an empty room whenever he goes to see your oba?
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tswitch: 9:37am On Mar 10, 2015
itstpia8:

sweetie I did not ask for your history.

I just said does your claiming anywhere you like, mean gej is seated in an empty room whenever he goes to see your oba?

Ask the Esama or Iyase of tradition, not me.
I already told you the reason I commented on the thread.
By the way on the history thingy,you asked if I wasn't Yoruba.
Dayum.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by itstpia8: 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
^ stop googling names just because you want to drop them on a thread.

not cool.

simply admit you have no point whatsoever and exit or view the thread quietly without making noise and being an attention seeker.
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by bilms(m): 6:27am On Mar 12, 2015
wink
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by simdam500(m): 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
igbsam: I know yoruba obas to bless with their feather like staff, and they cast away with their staff. I don't know this particular one jona is receiving o
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Larriekay: 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Apc and its supporters disgust me. They make me sick to my stomach. Must you fools read meanings into everything? I begin to wonder whether some of you were brought into this world through anal sex. Buhari is not half the man president Gej is and will ever be. At 72 he has absolutely nothing to offer Nigerians. A man who failed as a military head of state will surely fail as a civilian president. He's a serial loser. Apc as a party should be auctioned and the money realized from its auction,should be used to feed the beggars and almajiris in Daura, Osun state where tinubu comes from and Rivers state where driver general Amaechi comes from. My 1000 cowries opinion.
u are so pathetic man
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
Oh my God!
They just cursed this idiot and he's sitting down there like a slowpoke.
Chai!
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by adino(m): 10:28pm On Mar 22, 2015
Another Devilish apc lie busted. So the Obas prayed for aregberascal the same way and the children of anger and pain did not say anything about it.

Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tsdarkside(m): 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
adino:
Another Devilish apc lie busted. So the Obas prayed for aregberascal the same way and the children of anger and pain did not say anything about it.

pahhhh....you dey craze....since when you sit down to be blessed...??

even the white-devils know this....soooo,,,,so what are you talking abut....??
Re: President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) by tsdarkside(m): 11:21am On May 16, 2015
speak2emmalex:
If them like make them curse it's won't stop President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR till 2019

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? / Chinyelu Chizoba Ndubuisi, Buhari's Pilot Shares New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.