Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. (2562 Views)

Why Do Ladies Get Jealous Of The NEW PRETTY GIRL / Why I Slept With My Father And Now Am Jealous Of My MUM. I Still Want To Do It A / See Reason Why Am Jealous Of My Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by lewis007: 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
Hello strangers! It's good to finally be a nairalander, the beauty of this forum I think is the ability to get anonymous advice from anonymous people on any topic, no matter how ridiculous!! questions you can't ask your folks in person, you can do here and i'm sure many people have been helped so after years of being a guest, I am now a member and here is my own ridiculous but true and disturbing situation.

I met my girlfriend in year one at our university, what attracted me to her is her beauty and brains which is the major things I like in girls because i'm a nerd myself, but as we have kept on dating I increasingly grow jealous of her success over me, she is the best in class, i'm second...beats me at every test, assignments, exams, etc, we are in 3rd year now and the jealousy is getting worse, but yet I love her so much...i don't understand myself. I love her so much but once she passes me in anything, jealousy and hate flashes into my mind. Pls, what could be the meaning of this? I need help before I murder my girlfriend in final year if she graduates with a higher degree than myself.

1 Like

Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by LadyX(f): 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
Break up with her.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by lewis007: 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
LadyX:
Break up with her.
not an option...love her too much.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
Break up and patch up again.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by tosyne2much(m): 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
OP, please move this thread to the FP
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by LadyX(f): 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
lewis007:
not an option...love her too much.

I know it's hard, but try to see her success as your success too. That will help to reduce the jealous you have towards her. If you convince yourself that she's part of you, it will help.

1 Like

Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
You shouldn't be jealous of her so far you aren't a dullard yourself, and don't try to compete with her because you'll always be frustrated when she edge over you again... Her brain is a gift from God and so is yours, both of you might make a fine couple. Unless you're gonna prefer to date a dullard!!!
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by phlio(m): 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
I understand u bro .once in ur shoes.kindly see it as a beautiful thing...love her d more.........but don't share ur academy secret wif her again.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by sinaj(f): 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
giv urself a break of 2wks nd c how far u will fare without her...
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
It's your male ego. angry

1 Like

Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by tintingz(m): 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
Jealousy is part of human nature, over jealous and the act is what is not good.

You should build your self-esteem and don't be insecure, she's your girlfriend you love her you shouldn't be jealous of her success instead rejoice with her at least you are also intelligent.

Don't take this to your marriage.

Anyway...

Sai Buhari

Sai Osinbajo

3 Likes

Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by wasak(m): 12:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
Rubbish!!!!
if she graduates and gets a job before you will u hang yourself??
if she becomes richer than u ,will u eat a live wire?
now where's d silly love u re talking about when u can't stand her success. the truth is u are egocentric, get a dullard girlfriend nd ur jealousy ends,she'll always b behind u.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by englishmart(m): 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
that's your problem
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by Psalmwise(m): 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
englishmart:
that's your problem
TROLL cheesy
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
Jesus this is serious...You need a therapist cry
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by Rapzino: 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
Aaaah shoki!!!
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by lewis007: 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
LadyX:

I know it's hard, but try to see her success as your success too. That will help to reduce the jealous you have towards her. If you convince yourself that she's part of you, it will help.
somebody told me the same thing and I tried but it did'nt work. We are currently writing our exams and yesterday we wrote a course on computer and you see score immediately afterwards, I scored 58 out of 70, only to come out to hear she scored 65. I avoided her and went home and have'nt picked her calls since, writing this I feel like a 5 toddler. Not an undergraduate, should I tell her how I feel? Will that work?
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by LewisO: 1:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
[size=15pt]Don't think because she's a female u should underrate her intelligence, since she didn't downgrade your intelligence why not over-look that and continue?

And if u aren't please with her surpassing u in class, the best for u is to up ⤴ your game, u must surely pass her.

This is what too much high ego causes. undecided[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by charijee(f): 1:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
Op how can you be jealous of the success of the one you claim to love .....that isn't love undecided
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by valmunich(m): 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
Nna lekwanu ifeanyi oh undecided
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by Noloss(f): 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by Girltee1(f): 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
Igwevalentine:
Jesus this is serious...You need a therapist cry
Is it that serious?shockedgrin
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by guente02(m): 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dude you should be happy that she is progressing na.
Mtcheeew i think say na better thing you wan talk sef.... oloshi radarada
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by despeakableme: 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dear OP,

U shud be happy for the success of others. If you really love her and when I say love I don't mean "p**is feelings" u'd see her success as yours as well.
If u want to score higher than her, work harder than u are doing right now. Jealousy is a stupid thing.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by LadyX(f): 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
lewis007:
somebody told me the same thing and I tried but it did'nt work. We are currently writing our exams and yesterday we wrote a course on computer and you see score immediately afterwards, I scored 58 out of 70, only to come out to hear she scored 65. I avoided her and went home and have'nt picked her calls since, writing this I feel like a 5 toddler. Not an undergraduate, should I tell her how I feel? Will that work?

Don't feel like a toddler. We all have weaknesses; no one is perfect. Recognizing and accepting your problem is the first step towards finding a solution

I don't know whether telling her is a good idea because I don't know how she will take it. If it goes well she will help you to overcome this problem.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by akinsadeez(m): 4:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
Bro, dont be surprised if there are some qualities that you have that she also wishes to possess. In a way, you have painted her as if she is perfect but while she may be perfect in her academics there are other areas in which you can beat her. I think it is a good thing that she is spurring you on to do even better in your academics though.

In our second year in school, a friend of mine was dating a girl in another faculty who was the best student in her class. Her GP was almost times two of his and we used to jokingly make fun of him. What my friend did was to apply as a volunteer in the school campus radio station. after a few months he was on air as an OAP. Within a year he was already very very popular on campus and anytime he took a stroll with the girl different people would be hailing him and demanding his attention. At that point it was d girl who would feel inferior despite being a scholar. When she graduated a year before us, because she read a 4 year course, those that came to celebrate and take pictures with her because she was the known girlfriend of a campus 'celebrity' were more than those who came because she was d best in her class.

Even though you have said you are a nerd, life in school is not all about academics only. Instead of being jealous of her success find another thing to do outside academics, channel your emotions into it and make an outstanding success of it. It might be faculty football, politics, competitions or whatever.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
hmmmmmmmmm

your jealousy big oooo

my advice: break up!!!
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by lewis007: 4:33pm On Mar 13, 2015
Many thanks to all of you who have responded...your contributions have given me a lot to think about...i love this forum.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by Bellalistic(f): 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
charijee:
Op how can you be jealous of the success of the one you claim to love .....that isn't love undecided

he might be in love, but he needs to deal with lack of self confidence and and jealousness...:/
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by cutieberie1(f): 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dimples192:
It's your male ego. angry

seconded..
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. by Mhizizzy(f): 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
Instead of u to be proud of her

Wad plenty guys are looking for angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do I Have A Big Head? / That Sex You Had But Later Regretted It.... Share Your Experience / EBUBEY Is A Theif!!! "Dating A Broke Guy" Is A Thread I Created Two Years Back!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.