Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts (24908 Views)

Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala / Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala / The Pharaohs Of Ika And Ovie Agas Misled Okowa With Demonic Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 10:38am On Mar 16, 2015
rexbuton:
You may not use the word felon..

but we know that most people ran away from the king were either wanted by the king or commited crimes in old benin empire and that made them felloms or fugitives that came into igbo speaking areas of ika and were given refugee status. they eventually assimilated by the igbo speaking people...

answer my questions

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 10:42am On Mar 16, 2015
tonychristopher:

but we know that most people ran away from the king were either wanted by the king or commited crimes in old benin empire and that made them felloms or fugitives that came into igbo speaking areas of ika and were given refugee status. they eventually assimilated by the igbo speaking people...

answer my questions
Not really... There were times when the land was in distress and people would migrate out. Most notable was the Oba Ewuakpe period in which the town was almost empty until his wife Iden had to sacrifice herself.. These exodus are responsible for many cultural offshoots including the Esan and Oza

3 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 10:43am On Mar 16, 2015
rexbuton:

You are not a bini man.. Get walk into the nearby Uselu market and ask any old lady, they would tell you the truth

stop making a fool of yourself here

The Bini people have four market days: Ekioba, Ekenaka, Agbado and Eken.
the Igbo market days are four also names Eke, Afoe/Ahou, Nkwo and Orie/Olie
The names of the days of the Yoruba week are as follows:--

1. Ako-ojo. First day.2. Ojo-awo. Day of the Secret (sacred to Ifa).3. Ojo-Ogun. Ogun's Day.4. Ojo-Shango. Shango's Day.5. Ojo-Obatala. Obatala's Day.

So you dont need to be from these places to know these

I lived in Benin and I am in lagos now

so stop peddling lies in Public

shame on you must say...next time please do your research well before you contact me .....

have a blessed day

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 10:44am On Mar 16, 2015
rexbuton:

Not really... There were times when the land was in distress and people would migrate out. Most notable was the Oba Ewuakpe period in which the town was almost empty until his wife Iden had to sacrifice herself.. These exodus are responsible for many cultural offshoots including the Esan and Oza

Go and tell me the meaning of those base words and stop peddling lies

i do not believe in hearsay

i do empirical
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2015
Concerning market days, originally they were named after the four cardinal points, which are also the days of the week.. Eken is the east, it was the day of rest that is why real markets do not turn up on Eken day.. It was also the festival day for the Iyase..
I'll explain bini numerology and markets for you later
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 10:48am On Mar 16, 2015
PLEASE CAN ANY IKA PERSON HERE TELL US THESE BASE WORDS?
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 10:57am On Mar 16, 2015
ChinenyeN sonya4all agbotaen ezeagu.. please i need your help with words
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 11:03am On Mar 16, 2015
These are the few my friend here knows

word- ika- bini

chair - aga- aga
bottle- ogor - ogor
knife - ebeke - abe
bush/farm - ugboko - egbo/ugbo
friend- osi - ose
guardian angel -ehi - ehi
Lion - Odum - oduma
God - oselobue - osalobua

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 11:05am On Mar 16, 2015
I also found this by Agbotaen..
ika and benin also shares similar words
1. village in benin is idunwun while ika is idumu
2. old woman in benin and ika is called odede
3. old man in benin and ika is edionma or odion
4. a stool in both benin and ika is ekete
5. a palace in benin is egua and in ika it is ogua
6. a bycycle in both benin and ika is ikeke
7. a servant in benin and ika is odibo
8. a slave in benin and ika is igbon
9. glass in both benin and ika is ughegbe
10. chief in both benin and ika is ohaimen
11. royal servants in benin and ika is ibiegwa
12. a giant in benin is ahuaruan and in ika it is aduaran
13. police in benin and ika is ulakpa
14 .chain or prison in both benin and ika is egan
15. woman is okuo in benin and ika is okpoho
16. needle in both benin and ika is oloden
17. key in benin and ika is isafin
18. palmoil in benin and ika is ofingbon
19. light in both benin and ika is ukpe
20. plate in both ika and benin is okpan
21. bolt in both benin and ika is olaye
22. safe journey and good wishes in both benin and ika is iyare
23. hapiness in both benin and ika is oghogho or ighogho
24. heneden in both benin and ika means something huge
25. deaf means odin in both benin and ika.
26.respect or honour in both benin and ika is ogho
27.money is both benin and ika is called egho
28. neck beads in benin and ika is called ikpehwe
29.during the igue festival in benin, they say oba,iselogbe which means happy new year and in ika we say obi iselogbe.
30.God is called osalobuwe and in ika it is oselobuwe
31. guardian spirit in benin and ika is called ehi
32. fan is called ezuzu in benin and ika.
33. thanks giving in ika is oyinmiseme and it is so in some edo communities,
34. please is dodo in ika and some edo communities.
35.family in both benin and ika is ogbe/ugbe/agbon
36. agbon also means earth in both ika and benin.
37.to bless means bor in both benin and ika language.

3 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by pazienza(m): 11:39am On Mar 16, 2015
ohuzo..in/2010/04/political-suicide-anioma-people-cannot.html?m=1

This would be a good start.
How did a set of people who wrote a petition against the colonial govt,for separating them from the rest of the Igbo nation, fall so badly, that they now deny themselves?
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 11:52am On Mar 16, 2015
i asked you something and you are answering something else..i asked you of base words and beside that they are almost same with igbo

Chair is oche
God is Chukwu, Olisabuluwa or shorform Osabuluwa
Bush is Ugbo
GuadiaN aNGEL OR dESTINY is chi/Ehi ALso
Lion is Odum ALSO

sO YOU CAN SEE IS MAJORITY OF iGBO WORD WITH JUST TWO BENIN BORROWED WORDS, DOES IT TELL YOU ANYTHING?

rexbuton:
These are the few my friend here knows

word- ika- bini

chair - aga- aga
bottle- ogor - ogor
knife - ebeke - abe
bush/farm - ugboko - egbo/ugbo
friend- osi - ose
guardian angel -ehi - ehi
Lion - Odum - oduma
God - oselobue - osalobua
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 11:53am On Mar 16, 2015
pazienza:
ohuzo..in/2010/04/political-suicide-anioma-people-cannot.html?m=1

This would be a good start.
How did a set of people who wrote a petition against the colonial govt,for separating them from the rest of the Igbo nation, fall so badly, that they now deny themselves?

MY BROTHER ASK THEM OOOO

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 11:54am On Mar 16, 2015
rexbuton:
ChinenyeN sonya4all agbotaen ezeagu.. please i need your help with words

RODILLO,IGBOFIRSSON, PEPPYLUV ETC I NEED YOUR HELP HERE

LOL

SO YOU CANT DEFINE AND DEFEND YOUR SO CALLED IKA

LOL
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 11:55am On Mar 16, 2015
rexbuton:
Concerning market days, originally they were named after the four cardinal points, which are also the days of the week.. Eken is the east, it was the day of rest that is why real markets do not turn up on Eken day.. It was also the festival day for the Iyase..
I'll explain bini numerology and markets for you later

SO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING IN EARNERST, SO YOU CAN SEE THAT YOU OFFICICAILLY KNOW NOTHING PERTAINING TO YOUR HISTORY, KEEP CALLING DERANGED AGBONTEAN
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by pazienza(m): 11:59am On Mar 16, 2015
Now,the three Anioma Kings that petitioned the colonial govt in I939 for separating anioma from the rest of the Igbo nation were the Obi of Agbor(Ika), the Obi of Aboh(Ukwuani) and the obi of Idumuje-Ugboko(Ika),no king from Oshimil/Aniocha was involved.

How ironic it is that Igbo denial and Identity crisis is now plaquing the domains of these great kings, it was as if these wise kings saw tommorrow, they recognized the danger spliting Igboland into two regions posed, they saw beyond the time, they saw the future that we now call present, now we have the effect of that division on our hands.

4 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
Interesting topic! Keep it coming,learning a lot.
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by pazienza(m): 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
Recall that prior to the 1906 almagamation of the Southern Nigeria protectorate( present day SS and SE) with the colony of lagos(Present day SW), by Sir Egerton, the whole of Igboland was in one region, the Southern Nigeria protectorate.

After the almagation of SW( Lagos colony) to southern Nigeria in 1906 and subsequent almagation of Northern and southern Nigeria in 1914 to form Nigeria, Colonial governor general, Bernard Bourdillian decided in 1939 to divide Nigeria into three administrative units.
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by pazienza(m): 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
But instead of dividing the 3 new administrative units,to reflect the Original 3 components of the country, ie Lagos colony( todays SW), Southern Nigeria( todays SE and SS) and the North( todays NC,NE and NW), Burdillion decided to take a huge chunk( todays Delta and Edo state and some parts of Bayelsa) of Southern Nigeria( todays SE/SS) and add to the Lagos colony(todays SW) and renamed the new entity Western Nigeria, while the depleted Southern Nigeria( having lost Edo,Delta and part of Bayelsa) was renamed Eastern Nigeria.

This was the genesis of the problem.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by pazienza(m): 12:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
Now, i have read many sociology text books and articles written by Nigerian political analysts. They all seem to believe the Southern Nigeria( ie the post egerton almagamated Southern Nigeria consisting of SE/SS/SW) were the losers in Bourdillion new division, seeing as the division was made in such a way that the North was untampered and so retained her dominant landmass and population.

But i disagree with that view. The biggest losers in 1939 Burdillion division remain the Igbos,as we lost Western Igboland(Anioma) to the people of Lagos colony(SW), a people we barely knew before egerton madness of 19O6.

And the three wise kings from Ika and Aboh had the foresight to see the future implication of that abomination,and righty petitioned the colonial govt against the move.

Too bad that their efforts yielded no fruit, but history would never forget them. Their courageous deeds would one day be taught in Igbo history class, by Igbo teachers to young Igbo students in a united republic of Alaigbo.

5 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
rexbuton:

You are not a bini man.. Get walk into the nearby Uselu market and ask any old lady, they would tell you the truth

So you are now cleared about the igboness of Ika

GenIgrigi ,OgologoDimkpa, InyinyaAgbaOku,chibecanglobal,Radoillo,nwadiuko1 AND SOME OTHER notable people that know culture like IyfeNamikaze to talk on this.

Ika migrated from owerri, from my own perception considering the dialect similarity and I know of the historical fact , but i know that there is benin influence during the apex of benin empire but that doesnt mean that Ika are benin, that will be the highest lie. Ika are just igbo speaking clan with edo nuaces just like Aro is igbo speaking clan with efik nuances and Nsuka is igbo speaking clan with Benue nuances and non of these are confused about their origin apart from some Ika

NOT ALL ARE THS CONFUSED
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 12:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
SOHKAHTOA:
This topic is germaine to me in particular. Am an ika speaking person in present Edo, Igbanke to be precise. I can't claim origin of Igbo,however I am more at home with them because of the language similarity. There is this internal feeling of homogeneity with people of Edo extracts, binis and ishans but for the language dissimilarity. All said, everybody originated from somewhere hence we shouldn't hold on to antiquity and continually subject ourselves to identity crisis. What is most expedient for the ika clans is a reunion with hearts of forgiveness for one another while forging a common front for ethnic identity of their own. All ikas both in Delta( majority) and Edo(minority) should look for a way to come together to promote their uniqueness as an independent tribe.

Your now talking, for you to be at home with igbo means that you have the same way of life and language with them, the same way tiger will be at home with leprads

rexbuton:

So you are now cleared about the igboness of Ika

GenIgrigi ,OgologoDimkpa, InyinyaAgbaOku,chibecanglobal,Radoillo,nwadiuko1 AND SOME OTHER notable people that know culture like IyfeNamikaze to talk on this.

Ika migrated from owerri, from my own perception considering the dialect similarity and I know of the historical fact , but i know that there is benin influence during the apex of benin empire but that doesnt mean that Ika are benin, that will be the highest lie. Ika are just igbo speaking clan with edo nuances just like Aro is igbo speaking clan with efik nuances and Nsuka is igbo speaking clan with Benue nuances and non of these are confused about their origin apart from some Ika

NOT ALL ARE THS CONFUSED
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by pazienza(m): 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
Once we correct the Benard Bourdillion madness,by creating an Anioma state and reuniting it with the rest of the Igbo nation, the Ika and Ukwuani identity crisis would die a natural death, but until then, expect more of this kind of thread from Ukwuani and Ika folks.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by MayorofLagos(m): 1:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
tonychristopher:
This is a big problem, so if fashola will tax igbos and laeve yorubas, sometimes the way the yoruba man reason is baffling...now dont you know that the people that bears the brunt of taxation are the consumers which is you and me. If Fashola raises the bar, the businesses raises the price and consumer pay higher...who gains?

Secondly, igbos rae in lagos to dominate and expand their economic scpoe the way chinese are in lagos. Lagos is a winner takes it all, so wake up

oh i forgot every yoruba man is a lagosian

Taxation is a social contract in the traditional Yoruba society. Yoruba Obas were paid tax before the whiteman got here and we have not stopped observing that social contract and custom on account of our adopted Western ideals.

In contrast, taxation is a burden on Ibo society. So when you subject the two tribes to live under the same tax regime, Yorubas will take it in stride but Ibos will rebel. You then sell it to the rebels as a choice. Those who accept it are rewarded, those who reject it are penalized. Gradually you shave away at the rebellion and you end up with loyalists more commited to your cause than they care for their own root.

We did not start this today....we have centuries old institutions steeped in social engineering, you just happen to be our newest recruits. grin

Go and review complaints about toll gates on Lagos roads and see who the rebels are. Ibos!

Replay Ladipo market shut down. Replay the seal-off of Orji Uzor Kalu mansion. Cast them in the foreground of what you have learnt from me on this post.

A Yorubaman, an ex Governor at that, would take insult to being shut out of his mansion and would have sold tbe property and take his loss and vamooze. The rewards in Yorubaland have been roped around the Iboman's neck....he is eternally tethered, even if he wants to leave he can't.

Poor beings...messing with Yorubas!

3 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
subject, how, i just do not get your anology..you talk as if taxation is igbo exclusive, everybody pays tax..guy to be honest i no fit read your long letter..bounce abeg

yoruba man and noisy making

MayorofLagos:

Taxation is a social contract in the traditional Yoruba society. Yoruba Obas were paid tax before the whiteman got here and we have not stopped observing that social contract and custom on account of our adopted Western ideals.

In contrast, taxation is a burden on Ibo society. So when you subject the two tribes to live under the same tax regime, Yorubas will take it in stride but Ibos will rebel. You then sell it to the rebels as a choice. Those who accept it are rewarded, those who reject it are penalized. Gradually you shave away at the rebellion and you end up with loyalists more commited to your cause than they care for their own root.

We did not start this today....we have centuries old institutions steeped in social engineering, you just happen to be our newest recruits. grin

Go and review complaints about toll gates on Lagos roads and see who the rebels are. Ibos!

Replay Ladipo market shut down. Replay the seal-off of Orji Uzor Kalu mansion. Cast them in the foreground of what you have learnt from me on this post.

A Yorubaman, an ex Governor at that, would take insult to being shut out of his mansion and would have sold tbe property and take his loss and vamooze. The rewards in Yorubaland have been roped around the Iboman's neck....he is eternally tethered, even if he wants to leave he can't.

Poor beings...messing with Yorubas!

3 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
rexbuton:

Your claim is very possible.. Most works I have examined by white men have proven to be very unreliable.. Could you get us unbiased proof? Maybe intelligence reports on the Agbor settlement?

Getting unbiased proof is such a hard thing when you're dealing with oral tradition. The best one can do is collect traditions from as many sources as possible, and then critically evaluate them. Much of what you have already posted (from Onyeche's work) is based on intelligence reports written by Simpson et al in the 1930s.

I'd suggest you read (if you haven't read it yet) Chief Iduwe's unpublished manuscript on the history of Agbor. You can find it online in pdf format. Iduwe himself was an Agbor man, and a high-ranking chief who spent decades collecting oral traditions before finally finishing the manuscript in the 1970s. So the work is rather very informative (with its flaws of course). I don't think there is another comprehensive history of Agbor out there besides Iduwe's.

Interestingly, Iduwe rejects the theory of Bini origin for Agbor, but rather claims autochthony. Here and there he hinted that the Agbors were of common stock with the East Niger Igbos, but never quite stated it explicitly.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by MayorofLagos(m): 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
pazienza:
Recall that prior to the 1906 almagamation of the Southern Nigeria protectorate( present day SS and SE) with the colony of lagos(Present day SW), by Sir Egerton, the whole of Igboland was in one region, the Southern Nigeria protectorate.

After the almagation of SW( Lagos colony) to southern Nigeria in 1906 and subsequent almagation of Northern and southern Nigeria in 1914 to form Nigeria, Colonial governor general, Bernard Bourdillian decided in 1939 to divide Nigeria into three administrative units.

I have corrected you repeatedly that,

1. Iboland was the property of a British trading company and you were never a member of Southern Nigeria until the colonialists paid some cash to purchase your land.

2. The Crown entered into treaty with the Kings of each and every Kingdom that formed Southern Nigeria, except Iboland, which as I said above was a purchase.

This means the Kingdoms in these treaties were already sovereigns.

Stop rewriting the history of Southern Nigeria. Common amongst the territories of Southern Nigeria is a treaty signed with British Crown promising trade and security.
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
Radoillo:

Getting unbiased proof is such a hard thing when you're dealing with oral tradition. The best one can do is collect traditions from as many sources as possible, and then critically evaluate them. Much of what you have already posted (from Onyeche's work) is based on intelligence reports written by Simpson et al in the 1930s.

I'd suggest you read (if you haven't read it yet) Chief Iduwe's unpublished manuscript on the history of Agbor. You can find it online in pdf format. Iduwe himself was an Agbor man, and a high-ranking chief who spent decades collecting oral traditions before finally finishing the manuscript in the 1970s. So the work is rather very informative (with its flaws of course). I don't think there is another comprehensive history of Agbor out there besides Iduwe's.

Interestingly, Iduwe rejects the theory of Bini origin for Agbor, but rather claims autochthony. Here and there he hinted that the Agbors were of common stock with the East Niger Igbos, but never quite stated it explicitly.
Thank you sir.. I will l
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by MayorofLagos(m): 1:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
tonychristopher:
subject, how, i just do not get your anology..you talk as if taxation is igbo exclusive, everybody pays tax..guy to be honest i no fit read your long letter..bounce abeg

yoruba man and noisy making

Yeah, I didnt think you would have a defense against it. Oh, taxation is not Ibo exclusive but Ibo is exclusively the victim of deportation...Ibo is exclusively targeted by tolled roads... Ibo is exclusively denied PVCs.

In another 50yrs or so your next generations in Lagos will be repeating to Iboland the same denouncements you are getting from Ika today. Its a matter of time!

grin grin grin
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by pazienza(m): 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
MayorofLagos:

1. Iboland was the property of a British trading company and you were never a member of Southern Nigeria until the colonialists paid some cash to purchase your land.

2. The Crown entered into treaty with the Kings of each and every Kingdom that formed Southern Nigeria, except Iboland, which as I said above was a purchase.

Stop rewriting the history of Southern Nigeria. Common amongst the territories of Southern Nigeria is a treaty signed with British Crown promising trade and security.

I remember telling you and your co travellers to take your resentment of that historical fact to this thread:www.nairaland.com/1019602/dont-blame-1914-amalgamation-rather

But you ran with your tail between your legs.

I throw the challenge to you again. Bring your wits to that thread, let us test Yoruba propaganda and falsehood with the fire of facts and truth.

The era when Ndiigbo left the media for you to turn falsehood into facts are gone. Never again.

Thanks.

11 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 2:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
Radoillo:

You may be right.. I will examine his work shortly.. I just hope the dates are reliable.. cheers
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Exactly.. so i do not know where they get the theory that The South was once joined with the east... The south had Sovereign states with kings like Bonny, oPOBO, Benin, Okirika etc while the Igbos had Warrant chiefs.. They were never together else it would not have been called ALMAGAMATION
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
It is just Owa/Agbor that people are even suggesting that may have migrated from the east.. One out of eleven is not sufficient claim for Biafra/Alaigbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

TAN Leader, Ifeanyi Ubah, Weeps Over Jonathan's Loss / LASTMA, 7UP Officials Clash As Ambode Is Stuck In Traffic / Soldiers Arrest Grace Abdu, VOA Journalist For Interviewing Resident Of Oyigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.