Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts (24923 Views)

Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala / Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala / The Pharaohs Of Ika And Ovie Agas Misled Okowa With Demonic Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2015
tonychristopher:

Your now talking, for you to be at home with igbo means that you have the same way of life and language with them, the same way tiger will be at home with leprads

So you are now cleared about the igboness of Ika

GenIgrigi ,OgologoDimkpa, InyinyaAgbaOku,chibecanglobal,Radoillo,nwadiuko1 AND SOME OTHER notable people that know culture like IyfeNamikaze to talk on this.

Ika migrated from owerri, from my own perception considering the dialect similarity and I know of the historical fact , but i know that there is benin influence during the apex of benin empire but that doesnt mean that Ika are benin, that will be the highest lie. Ika are just igbo speaking clan with edo nuances just like Aro is igbo speaking clan with efik nuances and Nsuka is igbo speaking clan with Benue nuances and non of these are confused about their origin apart from some Ika

NOT ALL ARE THS CONFUSED
Tony has not provided any fact.. The thread is here to read... stop singing language, give me concrete stuff to read
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
tonychristopher:

SO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING IN EARNERST, SO YOU CAN SEE THAT YOU OFFICICAILLY KNOW NOTHING PERTAINING TO YOUR HISTORY, KEEP CALLING DERANGED AGBONTEAN
Read between the lines
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Ojiofor: 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
rexbuton:

Tony has not provided any fact.. The thread is here to read... stop singing language, give me concrete stuff to read
Nobody is here to convince you with facts about who you are.if you like remain a confused being till end of time.

5 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ojiofor:
Nobody is here to convince you with facts about who you are.if you like remain a confused being till end of time.
The world revolves around knowledge.. If not for projects and facts we would have been thinking the world was flat
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2015
Agbor link with Edo people and how their language was corrupted through
missionaries teachings, during their crave to spread their religious
beliefs .

By Emeka Esogbue

The History of Agbor Kingdom like those of other African ancient kingdoms, empires and peoples is based on oral tradition. Various oral accounts on the origin of Agbor and Ika people exist but the most credible being that “Ogunagbon” and his followers who founded Agbor came from Benin and first settled in “Ominije” presently located in today’s Agbor-Nta. Following what can best be described as personal crisis between two princes in Benin and subsequent settlement of this dispute as agreed to by the chiefs and elders of Benin determined by casting of lot, one of the princes settled in what became known as “Agbon”. Agbon like other Anioma towns and communities was later anglicized by the Bjritish who found it difficult to pronounce as “Agbor” the present name of the town. For certain reasons, I have decided to ignore all other events that transpired leading to the foundation of the town called Agbor in acknowledgement of the fact that what concerns us here is the progenitor of the kingdom and his origin. Agbon (Agbor) in Benin means “Earth or “Land”.
Anglicization of names of Anioma communities found difficult to pronounce was not new by the British was not uncommon to these peoples. Igbuzo in circumstances beyond the understanding of the indigenes was anglicized as “Ibusa,” Ahaba (Asaba,) Ogwanshi-Ukwu (Ogwashi-Uku) Isei-Ukwu (Issele-Uku) Isei-Mkpitime (Issele-Mkpitime) Okpam (Okpanam) Umuede (Umunede) Notice also that in some cases the name remains the same but the spelling may change as in the case of Onicha (Onitsha) of Anambra state another of Anioma city.
As noted earlier Cheime, a refugee from Benin is historically credited with the foundation of majority of Anioma communities. Historical accounts records Cheime who was driven away from Benin fled from the kingdom traveling eastwards towards the Niger River and founded Onitsha where he finally settled, his followers having been exhausted founded certain of these Anioma towns. Many of which includes the present day Onicha-Uku, Onicha-Ugbo, Onicha-Olona, Onicha-Ukwu, Issele-Uku, Idumuje-Unoh, Idumuje-Ugboko and a lot more.
At the present day Onitsha in Anambra state, his final place of settlement, Cheime had had a daughter called Owuwu, Owuwu was believed in oral history to have abandoned Onitsha fearing she might lose her life after her father lost nine of his sons in this very town owing to witchcraft. Owuwu was soon to return to Agbor settling at Osarra in Agbor. The name “Owuwu” which now is a Quarter in Agbor is a historical testimony of this.
The argument in certain Quarters that Agbor people bear Igbo names and to some extent assimilates Igbo language and vocabularies is well a defeated one, it is asking why the language of Onitsha people is Igbo having been founded by Cheime from Benin.
Available records show that the British colonial government encouraged Christian missionaries from Igbo land who taught the Ika people using Igbo Bible, hymns and songs. Again the British disregarded homogeneity in their creation of provinces and regions in Nigeria as in else where. Onitsha emerged as a commercial nerve of Anioma but after the Anioma people lost in the Ekwumekwu wars, the town was put in separate province where it now finds itself.

The following names similarly exists between Ika and Bini
1. Agbnifo
2. Ehima
3. Edeje
4. Imade
5. Izegbe
6. Isibor
7. Iredia
8. Iyama
9. Osifo
10. Ozegbe

Common festivals celebrated with Benin

1. Igue
2. Ugbose

The following places with same names exist in Agbor and Benin
1. Ogan
2. Owuwu
3. Ihaikpen
4. Alisor

Commomn vocabularies
1. Ishegwari
2. Ikeke
3. Ulakpa
4. Agara
5. Ise
6. Ikobo
7. Ezuzu

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
By Agbotaen
no one is denying igbo migration or igbo influence in ika ,but we want to be respected as a people who are of a seperate ethnic group called ika , we dont want igbo appendage or Benin appendage we are just Ika nation . We love our culture and tradition and we would defend it to the last.
I am from Owa kingdom and my family is one of the original founders of Owa kingdom and we are fierce warrior, these people tried and failed

my ancestors names are Igbedigin, Oviagbon, Ugbebor,Omoroje,Ibiuzugbe,Imade,Osahon ,Aimonagbare,Okpeaye,Ogbe,Ogbudu,Omigie, i guess you silly igbo lir
lier will tell me it is an igbo name,our Obis name is Ifeizomor ,his father was Oboh Efeizomor, his grandfather was Ikokoh Obaigbena,whose father was called Okundaiye,whose father was Aigbodin Igbeoba,whose father was called Ose,and as far back as 13th century when my ancestor was the Obi of Owa his name was Igbedigin, and after him the next obi was Ewodo, and after that the next obi was ewuare and the next was Orhogbua and the Ozolua. 1906 the british invaded owa kingdom with their cannons, guns and muskets and soldiers owa warriors confronted them and killed captain crewe reade in owanta ,he was the assistant district officer for benin area , and he was beheaded by an owa warrior called tete Okunbor Osagie,that war lasted for 55 days and the British suffered casualties and they had to call for reinforcement with the soldiers and battallion of west african frontier forces and they defeated and captured our obi , aigbodi Igbeoba -Ogbihaga( the king with dreadlocks) and exiled him in Warri ,where he died and his son Obi Okundaiye became king of owa .after that the british respected owa and ika people that was why the colonial governor said he was afraid to go to Agbor area where the people are war like and hostile.
The former Obi of Agbor around 1900, Obi Osaigbobu challenged Oba Eweka the second of Benin then a prince to a wrestling match and he refused to put down his eben and ada when Eweka came to Agbor and it was a tradition for allI Ika or anioma kings to put down their ada when they see the Oba as a sign of the obas seniority, before that time the British made Aiguosinvba the son of Oba Ovoramwen to become the district head of Agbor and he sat at a higher pedestral than the Obi of Agbor ,the agbor people revolted and attack him, they nearly killed him and he was injured and later removed.In 1966 during the civil war the Igbos too lay such claims but trust Ika people they quickly helped the federal troops to expel them. So if all this things have happened i wonder why some people will be pushing an ageda that is already dead before delivery to ika people .finally i will like to say we are Ika people and we belong to ika nation and nothing will make us any other tribe except Ika , we cannever be Igbo but Benin. If you look at the core culture of the main Ika people , and if you go back in time say 500 years or more what you will find are Bini names that our people bore, you will see in the naming of our villages and most towns bini names and if you come to what we worshipped traditionally , you will find they are mostly Edo deities like Olokun, Ovia, Ake, Ohunweeden, Ohointe, Ogun(idigun),Ojuwu,Ikpai,and others with the exception of Ikenga and Ifejiokun that are Igbo deities.

As for festivals our ancient festivals are mainly Bini related like Ikaba,Ugbose, Osiezi, Inneh,Ogbanigbe,Uje and Igue -which still remains the most famous in Ika and Bini land. Our kingship style was not taken from nri or any other igbo land , but from Bini using the Uselu and Edaiken system and chieftancy with a Dein/Obi and three levels of chieftancy called ohaimen - the palace ,town and hereditory chiefs which mostly go by Bini names like Obazuaye, Obaseki, Ozomor, Ologboshere, Uwangue, Esama,Isekure, Ihama, Ihaza, Ihondon, and others these Bini titles are the important ones , vested with traditional authority ,but right now we have Igbo titles occuring in the last hundred years like Ogifurueze,Ezenweanali and others but very few and less significant. The dressing of the chiefs and kings in ikaland attest to the fact that they look exactly like a replica of the Oba of Benin and Bini chiefs.Due to our culture of property rights , marriages and other things which relate us to the Bini ,if there is any cultural problem in Ika and average Ika chief will look towards Bini and that is a fact ,because we share same cultural space.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by 867Y5309(m): 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
[size=48pt]OP you have gone great lengths to press this matter but you must also remember that people believe what they want to[/size]
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
PLS AND PLS WRITE SOMETHING AND STOP QUOTING OUT OF CONTEXT

AGBONTEA IS A KNOWN MAD MAN IN NAIRALAND

FORGET HIM

rexbuton:

By Agbotaen
no one is denying igbo migration or igbo influence in ika ,but we want to be respected as a people who are of a seperate ethnic group called ika , we dont want igbo appendage or Benin appendage we are just Ika nation . We love our culture and tradition and we would defend it to the last.
I am from Owa kingdom and my family is one of the original founders of Owa kingdom and we are fierce warrior, these people tried and failed

my ancestors names are Igbedigin, Oviagbon, Ugbebor,Omoroje,Ibiuzugbe,Imade,Osahon ,Aimonagbare,Okpeaye,Ogbe,Ogbudu,Omigie, i guess you silly igbo lir
lier will tell me it is an igbo name,our Obis name is Ifeizomor ,his father was Oboh Efeizomor, his grandfather was Ikokoh Obaigbena,whose father was called Okundaiye,whose father was Aigbodin Igbeoba,whose father was called Ose,and as far back as 13th century when my ancestor was the Obi of Owa his name was Igbedigin, and after him the next obi was Ewodo, and after that the next obi was ewuare and the next was Orhogbua and the Ozolua. 1906 the british invaded owa kingdom with their cannons, guns and muskets and soldiers owa warriors confronted them and killed captain crewe reade in owanta ,he was the assistant district officer for benin area , and he was beheaded by an owa warrior called tete Okunbor Osagie,that war lasted for 55 days and the British suffered casualties and they had to call for reinforcement with the soldiers and battallion of west african frontier forces and they defeated and captured our obi , aigbodi Igbeoba -Ogbihaga( the king with dreadlocks) and exiled him in Warri ,where he died and his son Obi Okundaiye became king of owa .after that the british respected owa and ika people that was why the colonial governor said he was afraid to go to Agbor area where the people are war like and hostile.
The former Obi of Agbor around 1900, Obi Osaigbobu challenged Oba Eweka the second of Benin then a prince to a wrestling match and he refused to put down his eben and ada when Eweka came to Agbor and it was a tradition for allI Ika or anioma kings to put down their ada when they see the Oba as a sign of the obas seniority, before that time the British made Aiguosinvba the son of Oba Ovoramwen to become the district head of Agbor and he sat at a higher pedestral than the Obi of Agbor ,the agbor people revolted and attack him, they nearly killed him and he was injured and later removed.In 1966 during the civil war the Igbos too lay such claims but trust Ika people they quickly helped the federal troops to expel them. So if all this things have happened i wonder why some people will be pushing an ageda that is already dead before delivery to ika people .finally i will like to say we are Ika people and we belong to ika nation and nothing will make us any other tribe except Ika , we cannever be Igbo but Benin. If you look at the core culture of the main Ika people , and if you go back in time say 500 years or more what you will find are Bini names that our people bore, you will see in the naming of our villages and most towns bini names and if you come to what we worshipped traditionally , you will find they are mostly Edo deities like Olokun, Ovia, Ake, Ohunweeden, Ohointe, Ogun(idigun),Ojuwu,Ikpai,and others with the exception of Ikenga and Ifejiokun that are Igbo deities.

As for festivals our ancient festivals are mainly Bini related like Ikaba,Ugbose, Osiezi, Inneh,Ogbanigbe,Uje and Igue -which still remains the most famous in Ika and Bini land. Our kingship style was not taken from nri or any other igbo land , but from Bini using the Uselu and Edaiken system and chieftancy with a Dein/Obi and three levels of chieftancy called ohaimen - the palace ,town and hereditory chiefs which mostly go by Bini names like Obazuaye, Obaseki, Ozomor, Ologboshere, Uwangue, Esama,Isekure, Ihama, Ihaza, Ihondon, and others these Bini titles are the important ones , vested with traditional authority ,but right now we have Igbo titles occuring in the last hundred years like Ogifurueze,Ezenweanali and others but very few and less significant. The dressing of the chiefs and kings in ikaland attest to the fact that they look exactly like a replica of the Oba of Benin and Bini chiefs.Due to our culture of property rights , marriages and other things which relate us to the Bini ,if there is any cultural problem in Ika and average Ika chief will look towards Bini and that is a fact ,because we share same cultural space.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
For those who need facts

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
tonychristopher:
PLS AND PLS WRITE SOMETHING AND STOP QUOTING OUT OF CONTEXT

AGBONTEA IS A KNOWN MAD MAN IN NAIRALAND

FORGET HIM

Issues he writes on are things I know very much about, I proof read his stuff for errors.

I've been writing since yesterday but you guys are not really impressing me.. Your posts have been filled with abuses, logical and grammatical errors, arriving at wrong premises from imaginative stuff.. Una no try at all

I believe the neutrals won't be impressed too
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 4:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
rexbuton:

Issues he writes on are things I know very much about, I proof read his stuff for errors.

I've been writing since yesterday but you guys are not really impressing me.. Your posts have been filled with abuses, logical and grammatical errors, arriving at wrong premises from imaginative stuff.. Una no try at all

I believe the neutrals won't be impressed too

MOST TIMES PEEPS WRITE WITH CELL PHONES SO THERE IS BOUND TO BE SOME TYPOS

Odozi Nwodozi

First,let me start by correcting the wrong notion that there is anything like Ika.the word Ika came up as a ploy by anti-Agbor elements within the region who are jealous of the socio-political prosperity of Agbor,hence they devised the term Ika to neutralise the Agbor influence in the administration of the area.

On the issue of origin of the Agbor people,i wish to state without mincing words that we should as amatter of urgency begin to retrace our steps as regards our claim to Bini,knowing fully well that the Binis have no place for us in thier history,come to think of it,the Agbor Kingdom (Dein dynasty) is two hundred older than the Bini (Ogiso)dynasty,Agbor kingdom was never under the subjugation of the Bini kingdom,our only undoing was our non-expansionit desire,we were a military might that forced the Bini expansionist to proceed eastwards through the Esan region inestablishing their outpost in Issele-Uku and their spiritual base in Okunzu,at best we had good trade relationship with the Binis,who saw in Ominije a place where people live and trade peacefullyin diffrent languages unlike their place where there was a near absence of peace.They saw Igbo,Igala,Ijaw,Itshekiri,etc hence their naming the place "Agbon" which means the world.

We might have borrowed from the colorful culture of the Binis,but this in no way make us Bini,even them,still refer to us as "OVW'IGBO",for how londg did the Igbo colonise us that has wiped out our Bini tongue or Ika dialect?,without an interpreter an Agbor man understands his brothers across the Niger while he must be taught the Edo language of the Binis. Apart from our brothers from Oza Nogogo who are recent migrant from Bini,the rest of us in Agborspeak a sub-set of Igbo as depicted in our names,market days,etc.

On EzeChime,its wise we know that he was an Igbo sojourner in Bini whose prosperity made his hosts jealous to the point of their wanting to kill him,no kingdom was powerful enough to habour him for fear of vengeance from thje Binis except Agbor.He stayed long in Agbor and was only sent parkig when some of his co-sojourners began to do abominable things in Agbor...their sack is marked with the Osiezi Festival.

http://www.ikaworld.com/index.php?mod=comment&article=256&page=2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
rexbuton:

You may be right.. I will examine his work shortly.. I just hope the dates are reliable.. cheers

It's based on oral traditions, so expect the dates and the chronology to be somewhat questionable.
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by internetpirate: 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
@MayorofLagos, let me first commend your objectivity and clarity of thought; your example was very apt! I am a mixed Igbo (of Marghi and Oron heritage too) and I grew up in the north, consequently I am still learning the Igbo language, but I speak my Ohafia dialect fairly well.

Do you know why I mentioned my heritage? Do you know my greatest consternation?: When I see people who are Igbo through and through denying their heritage for a mess of porridge! I am not tribalistic (I am married to an Ijaw person), so I personally don't care where an individual is from (my family is too mixed to have the luxury of discrimination), but I personally detest petty and barefaced lies, crudely crafted to revise history.

My irritation may have shown in the statement you highlighted (when you see supposedly educated people taking positions that defy logic, its hard to keep a poker face), but what I actually meant is that from his literature, he tried to suggest that Ikas "worked" for the Binis, and had no relationship with Igbos other than trade!! The strongest store of history is the language! A yoruba man is defined by his language, and the different subsets of yorubas are delineated by dialectical differences that enshrine their individuality (in the midst of communal bonds), and reflect the environmental influences around them. Consequently, yorubas at the fringes (e.g. Ilorin, Kabba,some parts of Ondo) would speak yoruba that is differentiated from the mainstream! Yet their being yorubas is not in doubt!!!

Like you said, the Ika claim is at best dubious, and at worst, very annoying when you consider that one of the majors that took the Igbos into infamy was an Ika...and two others were Anioma!!!! How annoying and wretched can an argument be??

As per the issues of custom and discrimination, you'd be amazed to find that the issue is highlighted out of proportion! In my own neck of the woods, there is nothing like Osu! Its mainly a custom found in some parts of Igbo land! My own people are matrilineal while other Igbos 9and Ikas/Aniomas) are patrilineal!! There is no "Chi" of any type (whether chukwu, chineke, chukwuabiama etc) in my place- God is " Obasi"!! My cuisine is not of Igbo extraction (like Ikas have) but rather of Ibibio/Efik extraction! Yet, I am incontrovertibly Igbo...I can't use my differences to pretend an identity different from Igbos in order to escape the societal stigma!

Moreso, my good MayorofLagos, nobody can offer the other freedom; true freedom is found in the quality of your ideals and world view. You can be in a jail, yet be very free...No one can repress the soul that is thirsty for rebirth and growth. That is how I see the true Igbo spirit- a quest for recharting a great future!

MayorofLagos:
Internetpirate,
I find the Ika claim clearly dubious on the fact their custom is kindred more to the East than it is to the neighbouring cultures on their West and this is exhibited in social identities....
I don't know how Akanbi, an Ilorin indigene whose vernacular is distinctly a Yoruba dialect is going to deny being Yoruba because he is politically labelled a Northerner.

Nonetheless, I think you goofed with this statement:

Are you guys aware one of the underlying reason people are reluctant to own up on their Igbo identity is due to repressive discriminative practices inherent in Ibocustoms...example, osu? It's unbelievable you will prop your offer for freedom delicately on a controvertible custom Igbo is popularly known for.

12 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ututua

You nailed this debate with this postilation and I must say the ika attitude is embarrassing

internetpirate:
@MayorofLagos, let me first commend your objectivity and clarity of thought; your example was very apt! I am a mixed Igbo (of Marghi and Oron heritage too) and I grew up in the north, consequently I am still learning the Igbo language, but I speak my Ohafia dialect fairly well.

Do you know why I mentioned my heritage? Do you know my greatest consternation?: When I see people who are Igbo through and through denying their heritage for a mess of porridge! I am not tribalistic (I am married to an Ijaw person), so I personally don't care where an individual is from (my family is too mixed to have the luxury of discrimination), but I personally detest petty and barefaced lies, crudely crafted to revise history.

My irritation may have shown in the statement you highlighted (when you see supposedly educated people taking positions that defy logic, its hard to keep a poker face), but what I actually meant is that from his literature, he tried to suggest that Ikas "worked" for the Binis, and had no relationship with Igbos other than trade!! The strongest store of history is the language! A yoruba man is defined by his language, and the different subsets of yorubas are delineated by dialectical differences that enshrine their individuality (in the midst of communal bonds), and reflect the environmental influences around them. Consequently, yorubas at the fringes (e.g. Ilorin, Kabba,some parts of Ondo) would speak yoruba that is differentiated from the mainstream! Yet their being yorubas is not in doubt!!!

Like you said, the Ika claim is at best dubious, and at worst, very annoying when you consider that one of the majors that took the Igbos into infamy was an Ika...and two others were Anioma!!!! How annoying and wretched can an argument be??

As per the issues of custom and discrimination, you'd be amazed to find that the issue is highlighted out of proportion! In my own neck of the woods, there is nothing like Osu! Its mainly a custom found in some parts of Igbo land! My own people are matrilineal while other Igbos 9and Ikas/Aniomas) are patrilineal!! There is no "Chi" of any type (whether chukwu, chineke, chukwuabiama etc) in my place- God is " Obasi"!! My cuisine is not of Igbo extraction (like Ikas have) but rather of Ibibio/Efik extraction! Yet, I am incontrovertibly Igbo...I can't use my differences to pretend an identity different from Igbos in order to escape the societal stigma!

Moreso, my good MayorofLagos, nobody can offer the other freedom; true freedom is found in the quality of your ideals and world view. You can be in a jail, yet be very free...No one can repress the soul that is thirsty for rebirth and growth. That is how I see the true Igbo spirit- a quest for recharting a great future!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by OneNaira6: 4:38am On Mar 17, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** Ojukwu never added anioma because anioma was not under the purview of his administration. It is the evidence that he wasn't a greedy man unlike what many hungry nigerian journalists portrayed him to be. Gowon and Awo would have called him greedy if he did. Even at that the Aniomas still stood and fought with their brothers from Enugu, Aba, Ebonyi as heroes. **LOLS**

cc: Onenaira6

Can you people please please please stop dragging me to ika related topics. I'm not one of them and I'm in no way related to them at all. I actually see them as an embarrassment. They are an inferiority complex community that I wish not to be associated with. Just because I share the "Anioma" community with them does not mean I'm related to them.
And finally, I've lost count how many times I and many other delta igbos on this forum have told you people that the "denials" are a huge attention seeking individuals. The way we deal with them is by ignoring them..that's how most of us deal with them back home but No, SE you all want to continue entertaining them and they know that. Therefore, please go ahead and continue but Biko STOP ccing me.
Thank you!!!

13 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Umunede(m): 6:33am On Mar 17, 2015
Following
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by signz: 6:44am On Mar 17, 2015
internetpirate:

I am owing you 10 cartons of Hero beer.

Thank you sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by tonychristopher: 7:27am On Mar 17, 2015
OneNaira6:

Can you people please please please stop dragging me to ika related topics. I'm not one of them and I'm in no way related to them at all. I actually see them as an embarrassment. They are an inferiority complex community that I wish not to be associated with. Just because I share the "Anioma" community with them does not mean I'm related to them.
And finally, I've lost count how many times I and many other delta igbos on this forum have told you people that the "denials" are a huge attention seeking individuals. The way we deal with them is by ignoring them..that's how most of us deal with them back home but No, SE you all want to continue entertaining them and they know that. Therefore, please go ahead and continue but Biko STOP ccing me.
Thank you!!!
One thing I like. About you is your ability to say the truth and you have proved it again

I dey shame for ika peeps
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 8:09am On Mar 17, 2015
Since the Ika people have failed to speak for themselves, I being an outsider cannot push it further. You cannot scratch someone's back the way he would scratch it himself
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 17, 2015
rexbuton:
Since the Ika people have failed to speak for themselves, I being an outsider cannot push it further. You cannot scratch someone's back the way he would scratch it himself

You are not Ika?

I could have sworn you were.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 12:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
Radoillo:

You are not Ika?

I could have sworn you were.
I'm from Benin
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Malawian(m): 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
rexbuton:
shocked shocked shocked you are not IKA? i was even thinking you were agbontaen himself. angry angry

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
rexbuton:
bowing down like a coward.

3 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by GenIgrigi: 1:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
rexbuton:

I'm from Benin

**grins** You are not Ika and you are here playing and making noise and trying to rewrite their history. You are a bloody yorubaman. Only yorubas fight to rewrite people's history and cry blue murder when the truth is slapped on their hammerheads. **LOLS**

3 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by GenIgrigi: 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
tonychristopher:

One thing I like. About you is your ability to say the truth and you have proved it again

I dey shame for ika peeps

**grins** I think Onenaira is right, we need to ignore some of these peeps but there is a risk- If you do not spell out things clearly, these yorubas will fill the internet with loads of crap. They borrowed Obaship from Benin but deny it today. **LOLS**

3 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
GenIgrigi:

**grins** You are not Ika and you are here playing and making noise and trying to rewrite their history. You are a bloody yorubaman. Only yorubas fight to rewrite people's history and cry blue murder when the truth is slapped on their hammerheads. **LOLS**
Funny Guy.. It was worth it, rather sad that the people concerned seem to be preoccupied with other issues like Okowa's governorship dreams
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 2:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
bowing down like a coward.
Your tone and language is a hallmark of your tribe.. You could improve on that
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Malawian:

shocked shocked shocked you are not IKA? i was even thinking you were agbontaen himself. angry angry
Agbontaen should be a bini man just like me.. Or i prefer to use the term Igodomigodo since benin is not our real name

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2015
Probably this issue shall be revisited in the future when more Ika people have access to Information technology and actively use it. For now, people would see our discussion and be pleased that attempts have been made to solve one long-lasting debate. We must remember that there is always the true side of every story no matter how many versions
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by cheruv: 3:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
rexbuton:
n'ikpeazu,o kwuola eziokwu grin
NO TRUE IKA SON WOULD DENY HIS IGBO ROOTS,NO MATTER HOW HARD THINGS ARE FOR THE IGBO NATION

as for that Bini man called rexbuton,I'd commend your aggressiveness in trying to claim for yourself the westernmost fortress of the Igbo realm.moreover it was quite shameful kos you failed just like your obas of old failed to conquer Agbor embarassed
when the time comes, the sins of the Bini nation against the Igbo realm will be remembered and addressed appropriately

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by rexbuton: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
cheruv:

n'ikpeazu,o kwuola eziokwu grin
NO TRUE IKA SON WOULD DENY HIS IGBO ROOTS,NO MATTER HOW HARD THINGS ARE FOR THE IGBO NATION

as for that Bini man called rexbuton,I'd commend your aggressiveness in trying to claim for yourself the westernmost fortress of the Igbo realm.moreover it was quite shameful kos you failed just like your obas of old failed to conquer Agbor embarassed
when the time comes, the sins of the Bini nation against the Igbo realm will be remembered and addressed appropriately

Of course grin
cheers
Re: The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
Lol I think say u be Ika defender, would have love I if you continue with your baseless argument
rexbuton:

Your tone and language is a hallmark of your tribe.. You could improve on that
nye m efe biko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Solomon Adeola Yayi & Segun Adewale Aeroland Take Political Fight To New Height / NNPC Scandal: PENGASSAN, NUPENG Pledge Support for Baru (Photos) / Kalu: Those Killing Nigerians Are Not Fulani Herdsmen, They're From Niger Republ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.