Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,366 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo (37735 Views)

I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances - Obasanjo / Obasanjo On Boko Haram: They Have Legitimate Grievances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Vivipop(f): 7:31am On Mar 17, 2015
"...a problem of disparity, a problem of marginalisation." Even though these do not justify their babaric acts, there's a little truth in what OBJ said. A clear case of "we don't want no peace, we want equal rights and justice".
It's my birthday today and i'm most grateful for the gift of life

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by smilyice(m): 7:32am On Mar 17, 2015
Baba is Yarning.... ;DBaba is Yarning....
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by nationwide1(m): 7:32am On Mar 17, 2015
In other words, Obasanjo has now endorsed taking up arms against government to air grievances.

If Bokoharam has legitimate grievances, didn't the people of Odi Obasanjo destroyed have legitimate grievances?

Is it hypocrisy or what?

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by ikkkkk: 7:32am On Mar 17, 2015
Am very disappointed that OBJ said this.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by dougivilla(m): 7:33am On Mar 17, 2015
dre11:

Baba talking about dialogue......... shockedshocked
You dey answer the mumu old man? Which carrot him give to UDI and Zaki Biam.

Open University no mean say e go. dey open mouth anyhow.

He should keep quiet until after elections as he promised
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by bewizle(m): 7:33am On Mar 17, 2015
Baba keep confessing u hear! Its a lane every wicked witch must toe before death.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by vjsmiles: 7:35am On Mar 17, 2015
anibestlala:
I suppose all terrorist groups have genuine grievances.we could all direct them to ota farm to meet express their grievances.I hope Al qaeda,isil, isis and bh are hearing. smh
and why the fvck did you have to quote me to pass out your message
_common sense_
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by OLUJAY4REAL: 7:36am On Mar 17, 2015
This is nonesense!
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Iceathome(m): 7:36am On Mar 17, 2015
Obj was in prison when PDP was formed, he gained from Abiola's death. Jonathan has rubbished his egoism in Nigeria politics by not allowing him to dictate his policies for him. Obj is not that important to pdp as of today.

experimentist:
PDP is Boko Haram, OBJ is the father of PDP..

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 17, 2015
OBJ.. have you been sleeping with your son's wife again angry angry

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by mrrock: 7:37am On Mar 17, 2015
At a glance I thought OBJ was wrong but as I read the entire article I realized what he was saying. What he's simply saying here is that people like Buhari have kept the people of northern Nigeria uneducated and poor, and that Boko haram is a product of those.
The military need to pound them more, I agree to that.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Ayanko(m): 7:37am On Mar 17, 2015
Pls ask this old fool how many schools he built in the north. Is this not the same man (Terrorist) that level Odi and killed everybody in Tiv. He is talking of Education for BH that is what they said they don't need, didn't he follow the happenings.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Iceathome(m): 7:38am On Mar 17, 2015
Happy birthday and wishing you all your life desire.

Vivipop:
"...a problem of disparity, a problem of marginalisation." Even though these do not justify their babaric acts, there's a little truth in what OBJ said. A clear case of "we don't want no peace, we want equal rights and justice".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by lastmessenger: 7:38am On Mar 17, 2015
An insane wicked old man.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by moscobabs(m): 7:38am On Mar 17, 2015
Let this man vomit everything in his belly please..... There is sense in nonsense

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Jobig(m): 7:38am On Mar 17, 2015
cyril83:

Cut the man some slack joor, bokoharam didn't really start during his tenure, the whole scenario started during yaradua but not that worse, jonathan administration is just too weak to handle bokoharam.
op when did sharia law started?a law above a country law.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by kraftykc(m): 7:39am On Mar 17, 2015
There is NO IDEOLOGICAL STRUGGLE EVER IN THIS WORLD'S HISTORY, THAT HAS BEEN SOLVED BY VIOLENCE ONLY.

Obj is absolutely right, BH do have legit grievances and were it not for the fact that they went exceedingly overboard with their actions some Nigerians would still be defending them. Now to be honest the only way to go now is to force BH's hand till they can be either tried in court or reabsorbed into society. Many members today are kids who were kidnapped as babies and not given any other option other than fight or die.

Like it or not, we cannot kill off BH.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by LastProphet: 7:39am On Mar 17, 2015
asadike:
With due respect sir,I have some questions for u. I heard the insurgency actually started during your tenure sir or even as an elderly state man, kindly tell us how u nipped it in d bud that got it escalated to this level? Secondly,how did you know that boko haram have legitimate grievances,are u one of the sponsors sir? Finally, if boko haram have legitimate grievances, what do we call that of their victims and every nigerian whose life have been adversely affected by d menace caused by the ins urgency?

And I have some questions for u: I thought TANOIDS say Boko haram was created because of Jonathan, so how did it start during OBJ's time?
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by cluksy(m): 7:39am On Mar 17, 2015
Baba is as uneducated as GMB
The difference btw them is success and failure
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by nairo: 7:40am On Mar 17, 2015
beco u have grievance then u go about killing people?
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by kristisking(m): 7:42am On Mar 17, 2015
blackbee:
What's wrong with obj? Age
He is suffering from brain tumour.He needs serious deliverance.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by condralbede(m): 7:43am On Mar 17, 2015
Ode....thr sponsors are coming out one by one.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by dazangel11(f): 7:45am On Mar 17, 2015
gej has adopted the stick approach. baba. can invite them to ota for the carrot approach. ... obj was asked to negotiate and he went to the northeast what happened after he left . how many times did gej invite them to negotiate?

I am deeply disappointed in you sir.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by CecyAdrian(f): 7:45am On Mar 17, 2015
How I wish some people commenting here could just take time to read what OBJ said,evaluate it without sentiments, I believe in so doing,wisdom will be granted to see the sense in what the man has said. Fews words packed with a lot of truth in so many aspect.
May the good Lord continue to grant us wisdom to understand what our elders say kiss
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by LUXRY7: 7:47am On Mar 17, 2015
God will deliver obj,boko hara started during his time,remmmember that nigerian boy call abdulmutallab who try to bomb an aircraft that was later arrested can you people remmembeer now?
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Remii(m): 7:49am On Mar 17, 2015
asadike:
With due respect sir,I have some questions for u. I heard the insurgency actually started during your tenure sir or even as an elderly state man, kindly tell us how u nipped it in d bud that got it escalated to this level? Secondly,how did you know that boko haram have legitimate grievances,are u one of the sponsors sir? Finally, if boko haram have legitimate grievances, what do we call that of their victims and every nigerian whose life have been adversely affected by d menace caused by the ins urgency?
he did his best, he even went to bauchi to meet them, bh became worse after killing of their original leader under yar adua and much worse when gej saw them as northern cum islamic agenda then handled them as such
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Richy4(m): 7:51am On Mar 17, 2015
Many Nigerians has grievances. Not only Boko.

So many graduate that spent much money to get education. After that, no job. And there was no Avenue to create one except maybe being a tug for politicians.

How many of those graduate has taken law into their hands by killing fellow innocent citizens.

There is no justification what so ever in taking another person's life. No matter the grievances

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by gykes(m): 7:51am On Mar 17, 2015
danielmichael:
All of yu here re claptrapping balderdash and vomiting bunches of rigmaroles at will and profusely dafting on proclivities,ad-infinitum.

Non of yu cud decipher what de grand theft(obj) said.

Government asinine and puirile ratiocinnations..

Nonsense

..........and your point?...
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Solozzo(m): 7:53am On Mar 17, 2015
Obasanjo is right! The battle is won in the field but the war is won on the negotiation table. He just echoed my thoughts.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by ikkkkk: 7:54am On Mar 17, 2015
Vivipop:

U are very wrong sis. I think u have to explain to me more what u and obasanjo mean by marginalisation. Since independence, we have more northerners ruling Nigeria. Boko Haram didn't form. Boko Haram formed in 2002 after power shifted from the North. (under obasanjo's regime). With the intention of islamizing Nigeria.
Talking of marginalisation, Which tribe in Nigeria has been marginalized more than the Igbos?
Maybe because they are not carrying guns that's why all of u are blind to it.

Happy Birthday anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by davuvid(m): 7:56am On Mar 17, 2015
cyril83:

Cut the man some slack joor, bokoharam didn't really start during his tenure, the whole scenario started during yaradua but not that worse, jonathan administration is just too weak to handle bokoharam.
You like supporting bad things
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Pamcrest(f): 7:56am On Mar 17, 2015
Baba, ever d no-nonsense military man! I agree...BH should have been caned into submission from d get-go.....more stick than carrot! But this requires a tough focused strong leader, not d lilly-livered clueless drunken coward we have as our c-in-c! grin
My humble submission

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Tony Blair And I Discussed - Bola Tinubu / Photos: Obasanjo And Buhari Meet In Abuja / Bode George: I’ll Dump Nigeria For Togo If Tinubu Becomes President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.