Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,356 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo (37734 Views)

I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances - Obasanjo / Obasanjo On Boko Haram: They Have Legitimate Grievances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by ilovecritics(m): 9:07am On Mar 17, 2015
Obasanjo is a ...

BIG FOOL undecided

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by geophyscist: 9:07am On Mar 17, 2015
obj you need to be hang
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Defcon1(m): 9:10am On Mar 17, 2015
tunshe:
Kids are too many on front pages these days with immature comments.Some will just pick the headline without digesting the content.

Gen. Obasanjo has not justified the killings by boko haram nor did he condemn the military actions on the sect.

He stated that the carrot stick approach will bring a lasting solution and prevent pyrrhic victory.

Dear kids above, read the sentence below 10 times for effective comprehension and modify your comments.

Thank you.
you are right
However,saying boko haram has legitimate grievances speaks poorly of him
what legitimate grievances?
What marginalization?
They have been called for many peace negotiations which they either boycotted or ridiculed...with no results
They even said they were the ones to grant amnesty to the government,not the other way round
These are simply bloody terrorists ...mindless,godless,bloodthirsty savages who twist religion to satisfy their blood lust
The group that had legitimate grievances was the Niger-delta militants,who could be reasoned with...leading to great results.

I guess Obj thinks that ISIS has legitimate grievances...the same grievances that boko haram is now sharing with them

l rest my case.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by ceejayluv(m): 9:10am On Mar 17, 2015
cyril83:

Bokoharam has been in existence even before democracy but when was mohammed yussuf get killed ?
Mohammed Yusuf got killed after his boys had started attacking police, military and civilian structures. Don't try to paint the story like he was an innocent law-abiding citizen. He was a full-fledged terrorist.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 9:10am On Mar 17, 2015
lovat:
BH was granted amnesty and they threw it @ the face of govt, how did OBJ educational policy affect the North positively, May the loses that BH victims has suffered in the hands of BH come upon anyone that thinks BH has a genuine reason for their bloodbath.

Amen oh. May the blood of the innocents spilled by BH cry out for vengeance, fight and stand against BH, sympathisers of BH, sponsors of BH, Buhari and Obj for their support for and ca louse political statements. Amen.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 17, 2015
So OBJ can be this messed up...

Does he sleep well at all..?

The same people that REJECTED EDUCATION out rightly, are people he is defending by saying that.

The same people who DECLINED AMNESTY and NEGOTIATIONS, are people he is defending..

PLEASE, what do we call this CLINICAL SYNDROME..?

I, will call it ""BRAIN in ANO""
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by cyril83(m): 9:13am On Mar 17, 2015
ceejayluv:

Mohammed Yusuf got killed after his boys had started attacking police, military and civilian structures. Don't try to paint the story like he was an innocent law-abiding citizen. He was a full-fledged terrorist.

Ofcourse i'm not his sympathizer, was only telling you that the whole stuff didn't start during obj administration.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by cacali(f): 9:17am On Mar 17, 2015
asadike:
With due respect sir,I have some questions for u. I heard the insurgency actually started during your tenure sir or even as an elderly statesman, kindly tell us how u nipped it in d bud that got it escalated to this level? Secondly,how did you know that boko haram have legitimate grievances,are u one of the sponsors sir? Finally, if boko haram have legitimate grievances, what do we call that of their victims and every nigerian whose life have been adversely affected by d menace caused by the ins urgency?
God bless you. You took the words right out of my mouth.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by samplegirl(f): 9:18am On Mar 17, 2015
MadCow1:

Occultic Men? undecided

Obasanjo said Boko Haram had legitimate grievances whether rightly or wrongly perceived by them. He never said Boko Haram was right to attack innocent people for those grievances..

Let me give you an example: SampleGirl picks up a Knief and goes around puncturing the tires of all Cars with Government plate numbers and even burning them because she was injured during the last Immigrations exercise and never compensated.

Does SampleGirl have Legitimate grievances? YES.
Does Samplegirl's Legitimate grieviance make her actions justifiable? NO.

Example 2: A robber says he robs people because of the state of the nation. No food, no jobs, rising cost of living, bad governance and the need to provide for his family.

Does the Robber have legitimate Grieviances? YES
Does that mean the robber isn't guilty or that his grieviances justify his stealing? NO..

So my dear all Obasanjo is saying is that whilst we are busy dropping tons of Bombs in the North, we shouldn't ignore whatever the underlying grieviances that led us into this mess in the first place.

So there you have it..

Dont thank me, Thank my Verbal Reasoning Teacher in Primary 3.

But I am afraid to inform you that your points are shallow and devoid of intelligence. I can see you are having problems with the word LEGITMATE or you are intentionally playing dirty politics with truth which is dangerous.

Boko haram told us their intention is to islamize certain parts of the country and destroy everything western. They never told us they are agitating for more infrastructure.

Please spare me this your useless theory!
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by boujaye: 9:19am On Mar 17, 2015
vjsmiles:
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-has-legitimate-grievances-obasanjo-says/

Obasanjo should go and park well. Is he saying ISIS the likes of boko haram has legitimate grievances? Had boko haram made him their spokesman? Is it no longer Islamization agenda? OBJ, OBJ, OBJ, how many times did I call you? OBJ you used to speak in tongue, so its all fake.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by nagoma(m): 9:20am On Mar 17, 2015
SmartChoices:
Words of wisdom
Meanwhile GEJ is rearing other insurgents like OPC MASsOB n Mend all anti Nigeria groups now wine n dine with GEJ!

Let them hear Ooo!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by eagleeye2: 9:22am On Mar 17, 2015
justhelp:
that was after 2007 it was yaradua tenure go and check
Please before making argument of this nature, try and do some research. As far back as 2002 BH was already in existent albeit in a low key manner. As of 2007, this group have started making their presence known.
Please Google is your friend, unless you don't want to know which is fact or mere rumors.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Blackkie: 9:22am On Mar 17, 2015
His position ought to be well understood.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Vivipop(f): 9:23am On Mar 17, 2015
barcanista:
The talk of BH being marginalised is out of place. I don't think that should be subject to discussion. As for the ND, the struggle is legitimate though I'm not an apostle of armed struggle.

Btw: you are a beautiful girl...Happy Bday
Thank you...
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by anonimi: 9:24am On Mar 17, 2015
cyril83:
Militants were given enough carrot but their greed for more carrot called for a big stick.

Nice approach for greedy fellow.

Did you get your narrative from somewhere that you can share or you pulled it out of your head or simply fabricated it
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by iykofias(m): 9:24am On Mar 17, 2015
merry02:
OBJ is noting bt a traitor
When boko haram emerged as a rag tag Small sect in 2002, OBJ's administration out of negligence allowed them to gain some ground in maiduguri at that time and the then governor, Ali modu Sheriff used them to hound his political enemies. After the elections, he had no use of them anymore and as a result, they started becoming ultra radical and recruiting docile youths (almajiri) for institutionalization of sharia law. OBJ's administration saw all this but turned a blind eye since he allowed the sharia law to thrive in their lands, they did not have much altercation. But the sect continued to expand between Yobe, maiduguri, Bauchi,Zamfara and Adamawa.

By the end of OBJ's tenure, seeing that they may soon become a huge threat to the country's security and peace, President Yar adua's government decided to clamp down hard on them killing over 800 and arresting their leader, Yusuf Mohammed who was later killed extra judicially in Police custody.

The followers went underground for a while to recieve trainning abroad like OBJ said while some trainned with Al Qaeda in the maghreb(AQIM) here in africa. Until they came back in 2011 not only to revenge but start what is now a global jihad in the country and they have morphed into a highly trainned and organized group ever since. The fall of Libya's strong man, Gaddaffi led to a take over of Libya's military armoury by jihadists fighting in the country and subsequent distribution to affiliate groups all over Africa. Boko haram duely got theirs which empowered them to face our under equipped military and the resultant declaration of a caliphate but for resilience of men of the military they have been unable to establish a state. The painful thing is sheer waste of lives as well as destruction of private and public properties.

OBJ governmental incompetence in the area of security lead to the epidemic of oil bunkering/oil theft ,gun running ,hostage taking/ransom fee ,during this epoch our national earning in terms of sale of crude to the international market dropped ,OPEC quota became a mirage for the OBJ government and nigeria oil sale proceed drops to its all time low,during this period OBJ was also clueless to arrest the situations,someone should also call baba attention to the high level incompetence of it's administration so as to set the records, more also to do a comparative analysis of government to government and security peer review ,infact it can be said that OBJ government opens up what can be refers to as a new chapter in oil bunkering or should I call it cowboy oil theft,yes under it's watch GUNRUNING became the order of the day. brother and sisters friends and foes, during this epoch baba also watch and allow hostage taking to become a norm and legitimate bussiness dealing and up-till today this norm has now spread like a ravaging cancer to all the nooks and cranny of the nigerian state thanks to baba sit- down look policy....someone must also remember to inform baba that under it's watch,militants chased away multi-national corporations and staffs. when baba was unable to defend the expatriate they all decided to flee and abandon there businesses in this region due to the high-level of insecurity..militants were very very proactive and coordinated in pipe line bombing which eventually depicted the nigeria and global oil projection...at this junction I will urge OBJ to concentrate more energy and strategies on how he can secure APC presidential ticket in proxy for kwankwaso because the scheming is already on and he should stop playing GOD On GEJ .he should emulate the virtues of an elder statesman e.g kenneth kaunda MADIBA
lies for d gods
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by joory1(m): 9:25am On Mar 17, 2015
This man called obj is among the founding fathers of BHT is not how does he know who to contact all this y that he has been secretly going to Maiduguri. Now he is saying the sect have legitimate cause. Haba baba na
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by nortcentrallord(m): 9:28am On Mar 17, 2015
cyril83:

Don't even go there.

Northerners benefitted a lot from obasanjo's administration more than any other zone.

Northern youths and kids of the poor in BH or the northern oligarchy?
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by CecyAdrian(f): 9:28am On Mar 17, 2015
slimmy05:
"a problem of disparity and marginalization" quote where he addressed how the Boko harams where marginalized or obj simply do not know the meaning of the word? Or you yourself don't own a dictionary anymore?

With the agitations of the Boko Haram how have they been marginalized? Do you mean Jonathan would have embraced their desires or want to islamise the northern region free from western education? Why would anyone be forced to practice a religion? Is it not against fundamental human rights? This is not Iran, this is Nigeria
I will appreciate it if you stick to the issue here. Does he (OBJ) need to state categorically how the north has been maginalized before you believe they have been?. You talk about me not owning a dictionary. I believe you have one or better still Google will help thee .now check for the meaning of maginalization and disparity and wait,u might also using same google and apply it to the northern Nigeria.
My dear you can't solve a problem without first tackling the root cause of that problem. The north have been marginalized over the years. Why do u have high rate of poverty and health related issues in that region more than the rest.
No one said Jonathan should embrace their requests. But him paying a little more attention would have changed a lot.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by cyril83(m): 9:30am On Mar 17, 2015
anonimi:

Did you get your narrative from somewhere that you can share or you pulled it out of your head or simply fabricated it

Fabricated ? Nawa for you oh.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by ibietela2(m): 9:31am On Mar 17, 2015
cyril83:

Cut the man some slack joor, bokoharam didn't really start during his tenure, the whole scenario started during yaradua but not that worse, jonathan administration is just too weak to handle bokoharam.

You don't know what you are talking about
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by davuvid(m): 9:31am On Mar 17, 2015
cyril83:

Not all. Obj is not justifying the boko haram act, there must be grievances before any spark, how you handle it will determine the rouse.

Clueless jona is at fault here.
I'll like you to remember that it's still under this Jonathan administration we're making such huge progress against BH. OBJ can't say he's without sin. Besides, wasn't it under his administration we lost the Bakassi territory to cameroun?
I don't like cases of 'pot calling kettle black'.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by MadCow1: 9:34am On Mar 17, 2015
samplegirl:

But I am afraid to inform you that your points are shallow and devoid of intelligence. I can see you are having problems with the word LEGITMATE or you are intentionally playing dirty politics with truth which is dangerous.

Boko haram told us their intention is to islamize certain parts of the country and destroy everything western. They never told us they are agitating for more infrastructure.

Please spare me this your useless theory!

grin grin grin grin

I am Gobsmacked.... grin grin

First you made it appear that Obasanjo justified Boko Harams action or that he said they had "Legitimate" reasons to kill people which he didn't.. Now you are trying to isolate the word "Legitimate" like that would make any difference.. grin

I would ask if you even saw the word "Percieved" in his comment, but that would be beneath your intelligence to even bother with. grin

Please forgive me for even trying to set you straight, I thought I was having a "Legitimate" conversation.. grin grin grin

Goes back to chilling with Black Jesus..

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by cyril83(m): 9:35am On Mar 17, 2015
davuvid:

I'll like you to remember that it's still under this Jonathan administration we're making such huge progress against BH. OBJ can't say he's without sin. Besides, wasn't it under his administration we lost the Bakassi territory to cameroun?
I don't like cases of 'pot calling kettle black'.

Nope, bakassi has already been traded by gowon, obj only followed normal procedure.

Get you fact right.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by davuvid(m): 9:39am On Mar 17, 2015
CecyAdrian:

I will appreciate it if you stick to the issue here. Does he (OBJ) need to state categorically how the north has been maginalized before you believe they have been?. You talk about me not owning a dictionary. I believe you have one or better still Google will help thee .now check for the meaning of maginalization and disparity and wait,u might also using same google and apply it to the northern Nigeria.
My dear you can't solve a problem without first tackling the root cause of that problem. The north have been marginalized over the years. Why do u have high rate of poverty and health related issues in that region more than the rest.
No one said Jonathan should embrace their requests. But him paying a little more attention would have changed a lot.
My dear, left for me I would say the northeners marginalised themselves. When people from other regions were busy empowering themselves with education, they were busy filing into the NA as recruits thinking Nigeria would still be ruled by military forever.
Do you know that Northerners are allowed into their universities with a 'D' result in maths and english in their waec certificates. All these just to encourage them to go to school and then you come out saying the north has been marginalized. To me, that's bullshit!
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Feraz(m): 9:40am On Mar 17, 2015
CecyAdrian:

When a people reject treatment that is supposed to make them better, what are you supposed to do about it? Do you go forcing them? When you build legacies that is supposed to help them out in form of education and they reject it, what will you do about it?
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by lovat(m): 9:41am On Mar 17, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Amen oh. May the blood of the innocents spilled by BH cry out for vengeance, fight and stand against BH, sympathisers of BH, sponsors of BH, Buhari and Obj for their support for and ca louse political statements. Amen.
Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Zane2point4(m): 9:43am On Mar 17, 2015
pls this is a very rhetoric utterances that can even ginger some gullible fellows who might think they have been since marginalized to pick up arms, if we should buy OBJ staments then biafra, opc, niger delta militants etc should pick up arms?
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 17, 2015
OBJ's carrot and stick is exemplified in his handling of the Tiv and Odi affairs, when some soldiers were killed; he sent in the military to shell villages and kill old, young, female and anything that moved.
It is again demonstrated in his handling of Niger Delta militants.
With due respect, I must say this man is the most evil and selfish leader Nigeria ever produced.
We look forward to his obituary.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by akatekpe(m): 9:45am On Mar 17, 2015
asadike:
With due respect sir,I have some questions for u. I heard the insurgency actually started during your tenure sir or even as an elderly statesman, kindly tell us how u nipped it in d bud that got it escalated to this level? Secondly,how did you know that boko haram have legitimate grievances,are u one of the sponsors sir? Finally, if boko haram have legitimate grievances, what do we call that of their victims and every nigerian whose life have been adversely affected by d menace caused by the ins urgency?
what a lovely n sensible post. It' high time OBJ' children chained his mouth if not caged him indoor. OBJ is not the only state man in Nigeria,we have Gowon,Shagari and others,but they don't disturb the way this talkative does.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by gud4dbest(m): 9:45am On Mar 17, 2015
Baba,ur thinkin faculty is nosediving...they av greviance and they continue with wanton decimation,carnage,discriminate genocide 4 4years.They bursted peace treaty d government encouraged@one time.Baba,I tink u shud die...am advising!
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Caution30: 9:46am On Mar 17, 2015
vjsmiles:
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-has-legitimate-grievances-obasanjo-says/
It obvious that baba is not happy with the current situation of things ,he would have prefer the insurgency to continue.sorry sir ,it is only the will God for Nigeria the will prevail, not yours.
GEJ on point!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Tony Blair And I Discussed - Bola Tinubu / Photos: Obasanjo And Buhari Meet In Abuja / Bode George: I’ll Dump Nigeria For Togo If Tinubu Becomes President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.