Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,400 members, 7,812,174 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo (37731 Views)

I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances - Obasanjo / Obasanjo On Boko Haram: They Have Legitimate Grievances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by justhelp(m): 7:57am On Mar 17, 2015
asadike:
With due respect sir,I have some questions for u. I heard the insurgency actually started during your tenure sir or even as an elderly state man, kindly tell us how u nipped it in d bud that got it escalated to this level? Secondly,how did you know that boko haram have legitimate grievances,are u one of the sponsors sir? Finally, if boko haram have legitimate grievances, what do we call that of their victims and every nigerian whose life have been adversely affected by d menace caused by the ins urgency?
BH did not start during Obj tenure
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Solozzo(m): 7:58am On Mar 17, 2015
CecyAdrian:
How I wish some people commenting here could just take time to read what OBJ said,evaluate it without sentiments, I believe in so doing,wisdom will be granted to see the sense in what the man has said. Fews words packed with a lot of truth in so many aspect.
May the good Lord continue to grant us wisdom to understand what our elders say kiss

Amen o!! Isha Allah!
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 17, 2015
Baba should go and settle with God. Nigeria it is not his problem

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:58am On Mar 17, 2015
I would that Obasanjo keeps quiet than open his mouth and remove all doubts that he is senile and dementiall. How could someone who ruled his country for 3+8 years make the above analysis.
Oya, APC behold your patron.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by 400billionman: 7:58am On Mar 17, 2015
Obasanjo, get yourself blown up to convince me that Boko haram has legitimate grievances.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Juve4(m): 7:58am On Mar 17, 2015
OBJ HAS GONE MENTAL

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by eagleeye2: 7:58am On Mar 17, 2015
tunshe:
Kids are too many on front pages these days with immature comments.Some will just pick the headline without digesting the content.

Gen. Obasanjo has not justified the killings by boko haram nor did he condemn the military actions on the sect.

He stated that the carrot stick approach will bring a lasting solution and prevent pyrrhic victory.

Dear kids above, read the sentence below 10 times for effective comprehension and modify your comments.

Thank you.
And why didn't Gen Obasanjo use this same approach when BH started whether GEJ wins or loses, all I can say that the hate being shown to this man GEJ is just too much.
OBJ that couldn't nip the MEND in the bud during his tenure wants GEJ to totally cleanse BH that are filled with suicide bombers
How do you fight a man who is more than willing to kill himself and also kill you

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Abayhormy(m): 7:59am On Mar 17, 2015
This man is not speaking for the yorubas oh, neither is he speaking for the APC, he is speaking for himself.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Pennywise(m): 8:00am On Mar 17, 2015
Obasanjo would have been such a wonderful president and leader if his self preservation and cowardice Had not got the better of him.

He still sees the ghost of Boko haram even after giving them 100m naira to share for the 'unjust' killing of their leader.

He thinks of himself as their ultimate prize esp with this new Alliance with ISIS.

He is entitled to his paranoia we all have reason to be afraid from time to time but he must not mislead the nation about the evil intention of this murderous organization.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 17, 2015
merry02:
OBJ is noting bt a traitor
When boko haram emerged as a rag tag Small sect in 2002, OBJ's administration out of negligence allowed them to gain some ground in maiduguri at that time and the then governor, Ali modu Sheriff used them to hound his political enemies. After the elections, he had no use of them anymore and as a result, they started becoming ultra radical and recruiting docile youths (almajiri) for institutionalization of sharia law. OBJ's administration saw all this but turned a blind eye since he allowed the sharia law to thrive in their lands, they did not have much altercation. But the sect continued to expand between Yobe, maiduguri, Bauchi,Zamfara and Adamawa.

By the end of OBJ's tenure, seeing that they may soon become a huge threat to the country's security and peace, President Yar adua's government decided to clamp down hard on them killing over 800 and arresting their leader, Yusuf Mohammed who was later killed extra judicially in Police custody.

The followers went underground for a while to recieve trainning abroad like OBJ said while some trainned with Al Qaeda in the maghreb(AQIM) here in africa. Until they came back in 2011 not only to revenge but start what is now a global jihad in the country and they have morphed into a highly trainned and organized group ever since. The fall of Libya's strong man, Gaddaffi led to a take over of Libya's military armoury by jihadists fighting in the country and subsequent distribution to affiliate groups all over Africa. Boko haram duely got theirs which empowered them to face our under equipped military and the resultant declaration of a caliphate but for resilience of men of the military they have been unable to establish a state. The painful thing is sheer waste of lives as well as destruction of private and public properties.

OBJ governmental incompetence in the area of security lead to the epidemic of oil bunkering/oil theft ,gun running ,hostage taking/ransom fee ,during this epoch our national earning in terms of sale of crude to the international market dropped ,OPEC quota became a mirage for the OBJ government and nigeria oil sale proceed drops to its all time low,during this period OBJ was also clueless to arrest the situations,someone should also call baba attention to the high level incompetence of it's administration so as to set the records, more also to do a comparative analysis of government to government and security peer review ,infact it can be said that OBJ government opens up what can be refers to as a new chapter in oil bunkering or should I call it cowboy oil theft,yes under it's watch GUNRUNING became the order of the day. brother and sisters friends and foes, during this epoch baba also watch and allow hostage taking to become a norm and legitimate bussiness dealing and up-till today this norm has now spread like a ravaging cancer to all the nooks and cranny of the nigerian state thanks to baba sit- down look policy....someone must also remember to inform baba that under it's watch,militants chased away multi-national corporations and staffs. when baba was unable to defend the expatriate they all decided to flee and abandon there businesses in this region due to the high-level of insecurity..militants were very very proactive and coordinated in pipe line bombing which eventually depicted the nigeria and global oil projection...at this junction I will urge OBJ to concentrate more energy and strategies on how he can secure APC presidential ticket in proxy for kwankwaso because the scheming is already on and he should stop playing GOD On GEJ .he should emulate the virtues of an elder statesman e.g kenneth kaunda MADIBA
In as much that am obj fan, I will really agree with your write-up. I could remember that during his tenure, there were security alerts that hundreds of trucks of ammunition were reported smuggling to the north before the election, all he could say was no cause for alarm. I could remember vividly.
That is what brought the problem North are facing now. The weapons and ammunition that might be on individual armoury might be more than Baracks own, from niger delta to boko Haram to civilian jtf. And we can see how Jonathan is buying all militants now - from south West to east to niger delta. The results may not be seen now, but won't be too long to see the implications in coming years. The irony is that many of their families have dual citizenship. Any problems, they know where to go to and enjoy their loot leaving behind the weak and the innocent ones.
I just pray this country survive this election and the next Republic.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by United4lyf(m): 8:01am On Mar 17, 2015
merry02:
OBJ is noting bt a traitor
When boko haram emerged as a rag tag Small sect in 2002, OBJ's administration out of negligence allowed them to gain some ground in maiduguri at that time and the then governor, Ali modu Sheriff used them to hound his political enemies. After the elections, he had no use of them anymore and as a result, they started becoming ultra radical and recruiting docile youths (almajiri) for institutionalization of sharia law. OBJ's administration saw all this but turned a blind eye since he allowed the sharia law to thrive in their lands, they did not have much altercation. But the sect continued to expand between Yobe, maiduguri, Bauchi,Zamfara and Adamawa.

By the end of OBJ's tenure, seeing that they may soon become a huge threat to the country's security and peace, President Yar adua's government decided to clamp down hard on them killing over 800 and arresting their leader, Yusuf Mohammed who was later killed extra judicially in Police custody.

The followers went underground for a while to recieve trainning abroad like OBJ said while some trainned with Al Qaeda in the maghreb(AQIM) here in africa. Until they came back in 2011 not only to revenge but start what is now a global jihad in the country and they have morphed into a highly trainned and organized group ever since. The fall of Libya's strong man, Gaddaffi led to a take over of Libya's military armoury by jihadists fighting in the country and subsequent distribution to affiliate groups all over Africa. Boko haram duely got theirs which empowered them to face our under equipped military and the resultant declaration of a caliphate but for resilience of men of the military they have been unable to establish a state. The painful thing is sheer waste of lives as well as destruction of private and public properties.

OBJ governmental incompetence in the area of security lead to the epidemic of oil bunkering/oil theft ,gun running ,hostage taking/ransom fee ,during this epoch our national earning in terms of sale of crude to the international market dropped ,OPEC quota became a mirage for the OBJ government and nigeria oil sale proceed drops to its all time low,during this period OBJ was also clueless to arrest the situations,someone should also call baba attention to the high level incompetence of it's administration so as to set the records, more also to do a comparative analysis of government to government and security peer review ,infact it can be said that OBJ government opens up what can be refers to as a new chapter in oil bunkering or should I call it cowboy oil theft,yes under it's watch GUNRUNING became the order of the day. brother and sisters friends and foes, during this epoch baba also watch and allow hostage taking to become a norm and legitimate bussiness dealing and up-till today this norm has now spread like a ravaging cancer to all the nooks and cranny of the nigerian state thanks to baba sit- down look policy....someone must also remember to inform baba that under it's watch,militants chased away multi-national corporations and staffs. when baba was unable to defend the expatriate they all decided to flee and abandon there businesses in this region due to the high-level of insecurity..militants were very very proactive and coordinated in pipe line bombing which eventually depicted the nigeria and global oil projection...at this junction I will urge OBJ to concentrate more energy and strategies on how he can secure APC presidential ticket in proxy for kwankwaso because the scheming is already on and he should stop playing GOD On GEJ .he should emulate the virtues of an elder statesman e.g kenneth kaunda MADIBA
Zamfara??God forbid boko haram no dey here woo.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 17, 2015
asadike:
With due respect sir,I have some questions for u. I heard the insurgency actually started during your tenure sir or even as an elderly state man, kindly tell us how u nipped it in d bud that got it escalated to this level? Secondly,how did you know that boko haram have legitimate grievances,are u one of the sponsors sir? Finally, if boko haram have legitimate grievances, what do we call that of their victims and every nigerian whose life have been adversely affected by d menace caused by the ins urgency?

Sorry he didn't hear you. This room is too congested for him to come here to talk of hearing your question.

But don't worry. I will personally deliver your questions to him. I assure he will gives you preferential treatment.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by babasanti: 8:01am On Mar 17, 2015
Grieviances that make man kill his follow man like ram? Of course al queda nd ISIS have grieviances too. Terroism is uncceptable, obj should goto HELL. That's where he belongs. Sensile old man that has corrupted, destroyed the unity of this country. GOD will put you all to shame on march 28th. GEJ TILLLLLLLL 2019

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Bifwoli: 8:02am On Mar 17, 2015
Boko-Haram are only legitimate targets for shooting by Army.

OBJ has a legitimate case of senility.Doc needed asap.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by akanbiaa(m): 8:02am On Mar 17, 2015
I fear if nothing is done about the massive unemployment many Nigerian Youths might become militants, terrorist etc as a lasts resort, we really need to solve the 3 Vicious triangle of bondage, 1. corruption 2.lack/Insufficient electricity 2. Unemployment.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Faraidi(m): 8:03am On Mar 17, 2015
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by eagleeye2: 8:03am On Mar 17, 2015
justhelp:
BH did not start during Obj tenure
BH started during the tail end of OBJ tenure and their leader then was summarily executed by your NPF, that is how the group turned vicious.
Avail yourself of the Google search on news about BH history.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Izontubo(m): 8:04am On Mar 17, 2015
nationwide1:
In other words, Obasanjo has now endorsed taking up arms against government to air grievances.

If Bokoharam has legitimate grievances, didn't the people of Odi Obasanjo destroyed have legitimate grievances?

Is it hypocrisy or what?
obj is annoying... angry
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by kennyone: 8:05am On Mar 17, 2015
Can't believe obasanjo is saying essentially that the north is being marginalised.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 17, 2015
CecyAdrian:
How I wish some people commenting here could just take time to read what OBJ said,evaluate it without sentiments, I believe in so doing,wisdom will be granted to see the sense in what the man has said. Fews words packed with a lot of truth in so many aspect.
May the good Lord continue to grant us wisdom to understand what our elders say kiss
"a problem of disparity and marginalization" quote where he addressed how the Boko harams where marginalized or obj simply do not know the meaning of the word? Or you yourself don't own a dictionary anymore?

With the agitations of the Boko Haram how have they been marginalized? Do you mean Jonathan would have embraced their desires or want to islamise the northern region free from western education? Why would anyone be forced to practice a religion? Is it not against fundamental human rights? This is not Iran, this is Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by anwo247: 8:07am On Mar 17, 2015
This old pikin from ota has started again.

GEJ pls ignore as usual. Our victory at the polls is more than sure.

Nigerians are seeing clearer who their enemies are and a lot of revelations will come out before election.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Bloggz74(m): 8:09am On Mar 17, 2015
cyril83:

Cut the man some slack joor, bokoharam didn't really start during his tenure, the whole scenario started during yaradua but not that worse, jonathan administration is just too weak to handle bokoharam.

Boko Harams first leader was killed by OBJ so how does he justify his statement?
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Abayhormy(m): 8:09am On Mar 17, 2015
noblezone:

First: “They (Boko Haram) have legitimate grievances,”

Then "The response of the government initially was definitely not enough. When Boko Haram started showing their fangs about four years ago, the reaction should have been firm and unmistakable,”

This should be warning to all!

Never join the "Progressives"!

Once you join them, your sense of reasoning is gone!

OBJ is either mentally sick or simply biter!

This s he senior pilot of the "Change" agents.

These are the people calling for "change".
Obasanjo has not joined APC. He is not a member of APC when he tore his PDP membership card he said he is now an Elder State Man.
Get Your facts right. It is Atiku that joined APC.
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by justhelp(m): 8:10am On Mar 17, 2015
eagleeye2:

BH started during the tail end of OBJ tenure and their leader then was summarily executed by your NPF, that is how the group turned vicious.
Avail yourself of the Google search on news about BH history.
that was after 2007 it was yaradua tenure go and check
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by AmaechiLinus(m): 8:10am On Mar 17, 2015
Baba Iyabo,mind ur tongue. U r nt d only old man in 9ja o!
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by ikkkkk: 8:11am On Mar 17, 2015
gykes:

..........and your point?...

I think short memory is the problem u and ur co- commenters have. How could u forget that Boko Haram were offered amnesty and several chances for dialogue? When Jonathan was doing that, the likes of u were calling him clueless, weakling, etc.
Those things he did then suddenly made sense to u all because one deranged old confusionist came out to say trash in order to discredit the achievements of the president just because he isn't in good terms with the president. Then afterwards u all followed his foot steps like a programmed robot who can't think for itself.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Myself2(m): 8:11am On Mar 17, 2015
[size=24pt]YAYYY SOMEBODY CALL 911.....

A SICK BABOON HAS ESCAPED FROM THE ZOO.....[/size]
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Abayhormy(m): 8:11am On Mar 17, 2015
noblezone:

First: “They (Boko Haram) have legitimate grievances,”

Then "The response of the government initially was definitely not enough. When Boko Haram started showing their fangs about four years ago, the reaction should have been firm and unmistakable,”

This should be warning to all!

Never join the "Progressives"!

Once you join them, your sense of reasoning is gone!

OBJ is either mentally sick or simply biter!

This s he senior pilot of the "Change" agents.

These are the people calling for "change".
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by balakbalam: 8:11am On Mar 17, 2015
Don't mind that old fool, why must he now? Today is my birthday
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by agabaI23(m): 8:13am On Mar 17, 2015
cyril83:

Cut the man some slack joor, bokoharam didn't really start during his tenure, the whole scenario started during yaradua but not that worse, jonathan administration is just too weak to handle bokoharam.
You don't know the history
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by ndcide(m): 8:13am On Mar 17, 2015
OBJ has no point at all. only a daft person will agree with him on this.

so what are their "legitimate grievances" ?

can we juxtapose it to other Nigerians? Is that why they are killing innocent Nigerians and bombing places of worship?

The world should know that boko haram is a strong political onslaught against this administration and it cuts across political divid

The problem is , when these people make this statements don't they ask them questions?
Re: Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2015
Obasanjo:
Criticising the response of the current administration to the Boko Haram insurgency in some parts of the North, Obasanjo highlighted low level of education as a contributory factor.
And who is to blame for the low level of education in the NE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INEC Under Fire For Giving Certificate Of Return To ‘wrong Person’ In Ogun / Tinubu’s Assault On Subsidy Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious — Obahiagbon / Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.