Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (39898 Views)

Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by dinachi(m): 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
Shollypopzz:

-_-
Are you a shema1e?

5 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
babyosisi:

Maybe he had no responses from his 419 letters and taking his aggression out on nairaland.if it keeps him from hitting a woman good
grin grin

Total war declared in here, I ain't even trying to join in grin
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by coogar: 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
babyosisi:

You mean women like dinachi and coogar okwa ya

whatever you say doesn't remove the fact that you are a:-

•hypocrite
•tribalist
•sadist

don't get antsy because i am man enough to call out your bullshyte. are you going to rebut the facts presented concerning women being the biggest culprits of non-reciprocal violence or you are going to display your agbero mentality tonight?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by cococandy(f): 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
njokusboy:

I thought you didn't know me before cheesy
And hey, I know the origin of your feud with freshdude... I hoped/prayed he was gonna stop when he pummeled your a'r's'e and had you running around like a pullet...

Goodbye again

Nwoke m pls stop mentioning me in dead issues.
Ignoring rants equals running
Replying back equals being verbally abusive.

You gotta choose what means what to you.
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
Chai, fuji house of commotion....... cool
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
freecocoa:
You know anyone can actually have an opinion here na, it's their prerogative, it's really not nice reading all these hurtful words.

Okwa nwanne gi nwanyi o, Unu rapu zie ife obuna na ese, biko.

Ask the eediot if I knew who he was until mcdokwe's thread
The mcdokwe he was hailing and high fiving is on record saying that looking back he should have never hit the woman and that there were alternative ways he would have resolved the issue without resorting to violence,
I quoted him on that
He also says he should have never used the phrase " she deserved it on his thread"
I also quoted him.

He still wants the woman back as a matter of fact
But this character carried the whole case on his head and fought with about 12 females on that one thread who dared speak
Maybe he is waiting for a day that I will advise a woman in an abusive relationship to stay and pray or buy red panties to soothe him
I will never say that
Physical abuse is what small men do and it pains him that the true nature of abusers is being exposed ,women are no longer taking it and he has no more hiding place.
What he would have preferred is that mcdokwe 's woman stayed
She didn't and that goes against everything an abuser expects

In 2003, 44% of women justified abuse in Nigeria
That figure is now 22%
It is going down fast
Men like him can't handle that because they will be running out of victims

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by dinachi(m): 9:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
babyosisi:

Hahahahahahaha
Everything I write about an abuser reminds him of his life
More like an obsession of his
When they mention fraudster and scammer you start panting like mama nkechi on top oga driver. grin grin grin. Carry the rotten graveyard between your legs away from here. You are no longer relevant except to magas like shollypoppzz and a few other zombie asswipes in nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
cococandy:

Nwoke m pls stop mentioning me in dead issues.
Ignoring rants equals running
Replying back equals being verbally abusive.

You gotta choose what means what to you.

Mtschew

7 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
dinachi:

When they mention fraudster and scammer you start panting like mama nkechi on top oga driver. grin grin grin. Carry the rotten graveyard between your legs away from here. You are no longer relevant except to magas like shollypoppzz and a few other zombie asswipes in nairaland.

That your description of the thing between ya mamas legs don old
Try another one
Coogar has better lines

I am not relevant yet you are on my thread hyperventilating up till the 7th page and counting
Sweet

Hahahahahahaha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by dinachi(m): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
coogar:

whatever you say doesn't remove the fact that you are a:-
•hypocrite
•tribalist
•sadist
don't get antsy because i am man enough to call out your bullshyte. are you going to rebut the facts presented concerning women being the biggest culprits of non-reciprocal violence or you are going to display your agbero mentality tonight?
Brilliant!
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by bukatyne(f): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2015
@ usual, thread gone to the dogs

Only God knows the survey that was conducted to prove women are more verbally abusive. NL alone disapproves that.

I am willing to see it please

A physically abusive person doesn't need a verbal abuser to trigger the beating and most physical abusers are also verbal and emotional abusers. I don't think someone beating their spouse would be saying I love you.

And the partners of most physical abusers are not verbally abusive.

There is also a difference between a couple that fight than a marriage where a person especially, a woman is abused.

An abused woman after a while would not even be able to talk.

And please verbal abuse is not disagreeing with your spouse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by cococandy(f): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
coogar:

the women are the chief culprits....
the men are just trying to catch up to level things up.
that is usually in self defence.

provide the evidence.....
they do.....
women can't stop talking or stop bringing people's personal lives on to the threads just to score a cheap brownie point. the case of mutter is still fresh in our memories. grin

i trust the men on here not to stoop so low into such rubbish. who went to an old post to dig up mutter's personal experience? grin

male or female?
and i remember her saying the kind of abuses she's received from the women on this forum is horrible - and she's received none from the men. grin

you are getting the message wrong....

women were justifying verbal abuse on this thread. they said verbal abuse shouldn't give the man the cojones to put his hands on a woman - provocation or not. that was what brought the argument.

I really don't like going Over old issues except I can't avoid it.
Coogar you want me to go and dig that your post?
Anyway I won't . But it is true.

Was mutter's post made to insult her?
Whatever sha.

You're biased. At least me I admit everyone is guilty of verbal abuse but you keep ignoring the part the males play in the whole 'word wars'

I reiterate that verbal abuse doesn't justify physical. How about the guys who have sharp tongues, do their wives beat them up?

The earlier we separate the two, the easier it will be to tackle each one for its own peculiarities.

If we keep bringing up the issue of verbal abuse everytime physical abuse is mentioned? What about the cases of those who hit their wives or husband without being verbally provoked to it?
How will their cases be discussed since there is no verbal abuse to tie the physical abuse to?
Sweep it under the carpet because we can't find something to justify the violence with?
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Talon05: 9:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
Today, I learnt, brothers and sisters, it's okay for a woman to verbally abuse her man but wrong for that man to physically abuse the woman in retaliation. Lot of jokers on here.

Quick question; what should be done when a woman verbally abuse her man, damages his phone and locks his shirt preventing him from "walking out like a perfect gentleman" just like some of you advised?

6 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
bukatyne:
@ usual, thread gone to the dogs

Only God knows the survey that was conducted to prove women are more verbally abusive. NL alone disapproves that.

I am willing to see it please

A physically abusive person doesn't need a verbal abuser to trigger the beating and most physical abusers are also verbal and emotional abusers. I don't think someone beating their spouse would be saying I love you.

And the partners of most physical abusers are not verbally abusive.

There is also a difference between a couple that fight than a marriage where a person especially, a woman is abused.

An abused woman after a while would not even be able to talk.

And please verbal abuse is not disagreeing with your spouse.

The only two men that argue about abuse here,one is a confirmed abuser and the other has the tendencies by all accounts.
Go figure

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by cococandy(f): 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
njokusboy:

Mtschew
m
Of course.
cheesy
Nothing to say?
I talk, I'm insulting.
I don't, I'm running.

You don't even know what you stand for.
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by bukatyne(f): 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
coogar:

or you need glasses.

no, she hasn't!
she's just preventing him from leaving the scene. she hasn't attacked him or cause him any pain or injury.

if she runs her mouth after being told to stop several times then she deserves to be slapped. verbal abuse & physical assault are all children under domestic abuse. one is not less hurtful than the other.

I don't need one, I have already

Locking the shirt of an agitated spouse will result in being hit.

Besides, slapping a verbally abusive person is different from battering them.

That said, What do you advice women whose mean are verbally abusive?
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
More nigerian studies

Wife battering in Nigeria.
Odujinrin O1.
Author information

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
To determine the prevalence, types and regularity of spouse abuse among Nigerian women. The effects of socio-economic status, education and alcohol consumption were also investigated.
METHOD:
Questionnaire survey of 1000 randomly chosen Nigerian women was undertaken.
RESULT:
Wife abuse was found to be as prevalent in Nigeria as in other parts of the world, 81.0% of the respondents had suffered either verbal abuse (68.6%) or both physical and verbal abuse (31.4%); occasionally (77.4%), regularly (16.2%) or always (6.0%), Almost half of them (46.2%) were abused in the presence of their children. Education and occupation were found to influence the prevalence, type and regularity of abuse and their children witnessing the abuse.
CONCLUSION:
Wife battering has been found to be very prevalent in Nigeria. However, further research is needed to identify the causes and the psychological effects on these women and their children. This information will be invaluable for designing appropriate medico-social rehabilitation for them.
PMID: 8099032 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by dinachi(m): 10:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
babyosisi:

That your description of the thing between ya mamas legs don old
Try another one
Coogar has better lines
grin grin ;DOh my God so the rotten puccy issue in your family is generational? From mama to daughter so the curse continues grin grin . No wonder you stink so much! grin grin. Now it gets clearer. Women that command respect and dignity has long made their points and made their mark but old hag like you need to stay back to continue her celebration of lunacy. Thank God more and more people now see you for what you truly are: a pretentious, lying vermin hanging loosely to her imaginary fame on naira land.

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by freecocoa(f): 10:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
babyosisi:

Ask the eediot if I knew who he was until mcdokwe's thread
The mcdokwe he was hailing and high fiving is on record saying that looking back he should have never hit the woman and that there were alternative ways he would have resolved the issue without resorting to violence,
I quoted him on that
He also says he should have never used the phrase " she deserved it on his thread"
I also quoted him.

He still wants the woman back as a matter of fact
But this character carried the whole case on his head and fought with about 12 females on that one thread who dared speak
Maybe he is waiting for a day that I will advise a woman in an abusive relationship to stay and pray or buy red panties to soothe him
I will never say that
Physical abuse is what small men do and it pains him that the true nature of abusers is being exposed ,women are no longer taking it and he has no more hiding place.
What he would have preferred is that mcdokwe 's woman stayed
She didn't and that goes against everything an abuser expects

In 2003, 44% of women justified abuse in Nigeria
That figure is now 22%
It is going down fast
Men like him can't handle that because they will be running out of victims

Lol, he loves you but just doesn't know how to express it.

O ga ka nma ma igbachi nkiti ma okwube all those plenty things, the matter di zi ka ife umuaka, Nne biko.
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
dinachi:

Are you a shema1e?

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by bukatyne(f): 10:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
babyosisi:

The only two men that argue about abuse here,one is a confirmed abuser and the other has the tendencies by all accounts.
Go figure

I think a lot of them hold that same belief (on NL )

My own is that What is verbal abuse?
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by bukatyne(f): 10:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Lol!

I guess the person asking If you are a transgendered deserves the whopping.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
From the above study half of nigerian men hit their wives in front of their children and end up with the dinachis and coogars of this world
Hmm
Take note
Women
If he hits you,your children are likely yo hit and to tolerate hitting
Get out while you can

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by cococandy(f): 10:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
bukatyne:

I think a lot of them hold that same belief (on NL )

My own is that What is verbal abuse?

Family section is mild. Go to politics and see men running mouth like typewriters.

If only one of them will be honest and straight forward enough to admit that men are verbally abusive too.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, he loves you but just doesn't know how to express it.

O ga ka nma ma igbachi nkiti ma okwube all those plenty things, the matter di zi ka ife umuaka, Nne biko.

Odiegwu
Obsession is not love

Btw,start a thread on verbal abuse if you really want to hear my opinion on that
I didn't want to lose focus on the societal ill of spousal abuse which is the focus of this thread

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by dinachi(m): 10:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Celebrating physical abuse on nairaland. You just confirmed who you really are: Maga!

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Ewuro4: 10:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
Talon05:
Today, I learnt, brothers and sisters, it's okay for a woman to verbally abuse her man but wrong for that man to physically abuse the woman in retaliation. Lot of jokers on here.

Quick question; what should be done when a woman verbally abuse her man, damages his phone and locks his shirt preventing him from "walking out like a perfect gentleman" just like some of you advised?

Honestly dear, besides walking away I don't know another method of de-escalating an aggressive situation like what you just described up there.

Reterliation in anger considering the fact that men are stronger ; may lead to worse physical damage or even death. undecided you don't want that do you?
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Chillis: 10:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
Abeg na dinachi dey call somebody scammer.

Wonders shall never end .
Dinachi the polimonikering who're.

Female moniker, male moniker.

Pussy smeller.
fagg.ot who was raped in the seminary.

I have told him times without number to get help, him still dey Waka from thread to thread .

Dinachi, your client never pay ni.

Abeg Wetin the topic dey talk sef grin

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by coogar: 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
cococandy:

I really don't like going Over old issues except I can't avoid it.
Coogar you want me to go and dig that your post?
Anyway I won't . But it is true.

go & dig it out for clarity sake....
you have your chance to prove me wrong tonight - take the chance! grin

Was mutter's post made to insult her?
Whatever sha.

no, it wasn't an insult.
the post was actually praising her. grin your hypocrisy would sink the titanic.

You're biased. At least me I admit everyone is guilty of verbal abuse but you keep ignoring the part the males play in the whole 'word wars'

there's a reaction to every action....
if the males only resort to verbal abuse in retaliation then why would you expect me to blame them? you have to agree a lot of the women on here mistake kindness for weakness.

I reiterate that verbal abuse doesn't justify physical. How about the guys who have sharp tongues, do their wives beat them up?

verbal abuse doesn't justify physical? cheesy

The earlier we separate the two, the easier it will be to tackle each one for its own peculiarities.

they are all classified under domestic violence.

If we keep bringing up the issue of verbal abuse everytime physical abuse is mentioned? What about the cases of those who hit their wives or husband without being verbally provoked to it?

such men are in the minority!
we have facts they say women start the problem in 70% of such cases.

How will their cases be discussed since there is no verbal abuse to tie the physical abuse to? Sweep it under the carpet because we can't find something to justify the violence with?

if a woman runs her mouth to the point of provoking her hubby to hit her, she deserves the beating. you cannot continue to hide under sėx equality and then turn round to tell us women don't deserve to be hit. what do men do when provoked by fellow men? do they not fight each other? why then should it be different from their reaction if the primary aggressor is female?

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
cococandy:
m
Of course.
cheesy
Nothing to say?
I talk, I'm insulting.
I don't, I'm running.

You don't even know what you stand for.

Nothing to say to you cheesy cheesy
That has got to be the biggest joke of the year...
I just don't relish the idea of dragging you along...
My point is made

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
Ewuro4:

Honestly dear, besides walking away I don't know another method of de-escalating an aggressive situation like what you just described up there.

Reterliation in anger considering the fact that men are stronger ; may lead to worse physical damage or even death. undecided you don't want that do you?

Dats the only thing I fear I swear, many women have indeed earned that slap
Re: Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable by bukatyne(f): 10:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
cococandy:

Family section is mild. Go to politics and see men running mouth like typewriters.

If only one of them will be honest and straight forward enough to admit that men are verbally abusive too.

I read Some threads and step back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Family Abandons Father’s Corpse In Mortuary For 15 Years / The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well / Little Girl Practices Hair Plaiting With Her Dad's Hairless Scalp (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.