Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,460 members, 7,958,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? (39383 Views)

37-Year-Old Ugandan Woman Gives Birth To 38 Children Since Age 13 (Photos) / 37-Year-Old Man Marries 12-Year-Old Girl / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by duperola(f): 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2015
been at work since or wld hv replied,she is beautiful,workin and does not look her age,i really dont know what d problem is.i actually told her 2 just get preggy&be takin care of her kid but she feels somehow abt dt

1 Like

Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by An0nimus: 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
Onegai:
It is oh so easy to say "must she get married, let her take her time, marriage is not for everyone, don't be desperate, let her have kids outside wedlock" from the comfort and security of your home/marriage/relationship. The complaisance stinks.

I know what is like to stop attending weddings because everyone is hooked up (even those small girls), to avoid your fb page before you go crazy seeing all those updates of happy families whilst you're still in your parents' home, the random times people will just start passing comment on your life or discussing your life publicly (well-meaning but you still wanna die).

OP, it is crazy out there and whatever decision she takes is going to be tough. As someone who said "I will find a man and have my kids without marriage" when that situation stared me in the face, I ran like a person being chased by BH. The reality was different from my calculations. Being a single mum is not something you discuss on NL.

It is one thing to half-heartedly want to get married, it is another to want it with every fibre (for the companionship) and be told "marriage is not for everyone, don't be desperate".

A lot of men in your 30s are going to be unserious about you and once you reach 35, all the married ones will show up to attempt to grace your bed. The beauty of age is that you are now bold enough to ask a man "please what are your intentions" immediately he kisses you. The unserious ones will tell you you're rushing them, the serious ones know your age and will straight up say their mind "I want a casual fling, are you interested? " or "I want more than a casual something, I'm genuinely here". Don't get mad, say thanks and move on (I used to tell them "thanks for being honest with me, I'm looking for more than a fling right now but If I change my mind I will inform you" and no hard feelings).

Let her go out. Let her find a hobby. Do things that take her to continually meet people. I was advised that by a single woman in her 40s. Let her not take men seriously, A MAN IS NOT REAL UNTIL HE DECLARES PUBLICLY YOU TWO ARE DATING. That means she should bone all those midnight chatting and phone calls, they mean nothing until the man declares his mind (I see ladies who dump everything and everyone else in favour of those calls, meanwhile he can wake up and decide to stop calling one day and disappear. Then you waste more time in tears and emotion). Grit your teeth and go out (even when you're not in the mood).

Be cautious of that joining some society in church. I have a lot of male friends and they always made it clear that they used church workers and church attendees as their hunting grounds, since they knew most of those women joined church to meet eligible men. So be friendly but remember, he ain't real till he publicly declares your relationship to all of mankind.

Whatever fun you want to have, go and have it starting from now. Every time you say "I'm too tired to go out to this birthday party/office dinner/whatever function", you are reducing your chances of meeting people (we are no longer in the days of Tobit, husbands don't see you praying in your window and knock your father's door down demanding your hand in marriage ). GO OUT THERE AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE.

If things don't work out, at least you won't have spent your life sitting in one spot, waiting for a bus to arrive that wasn't coming.

I speak from experience and that of my sisters and friends. All the best OP.

This is the conclusion of the whole matter.

1,000,000,000,000 likes.

1 Like

Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2015
chubbypearl:
Am not a matchmaker and am sure my brother is capable of choosing his w
ife by himself so save your solution for yourself ...Goodluck with the interrogation.
oh really...we the matchmakers should answer ur questions abi? Wish urself what you want others not to question.
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2015
duperola:
been at work since or wld hv replied,she is beautiful,workin and does not look her age,i really dont know what d problem is.i actually told her 2 just get preggy&be takin care of her kid but she feels somehow abt dt
Can u do that urself? It is like telling women that marriage doesn't make sense when u hold on to urs.

She shld look for men of that age, widowers or polygamous folks. Her charms to bargain and select are dwindling. I hope she has achieved what explains the gap. Not some OND oldie looking for ...
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
Kereokwu:

D right man(God fearing). See with God, hardwork and patience 1'll make it.
hahaha...where are d God-fearing pple?

1 Like

Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by chubbypearl(f): 7:31am On Mar 22, 2015
iykedare:

This is the kind of mentality that kept her where she is .

Answer the question,how does digging up her past help her present?all ye perfect souls!
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by chubbypearl(f): 7:42am On Mar 22, 2015
ferdimako:

oh really...we the matchmakers should answer ur questions abi? Wish urself what you want others not to question.
oh pls,when you are ready to tell me how questioning her past will help her present situation,then we can continue this back and forth replies until then,do have a lovely sunday!
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Chinwem(f): 10:42am On Mar 22, 2015
The struggle is real...... I wish her well. Stay prayerful
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Age is but a state of mind my dear! grin
Only to "bush Nigerians" is age a biggest deal!
You are sooooo correct!
I don't givva tart's azzzz what nonentities might do or think!

I will always speak my mind.
I am sooooooo fun to be with.
As for my husband, please. . . Feel free!
He knows me better than any of you can imagine or DREAM to understand! grin
Just let me know if you ever get lost trying to find him, so I can help you get to him faster!

I am from EDO state, not CHIBOK, SAMBISA, OGUN OR ABIA!
We do not worship HUSBANDS or MARRIAGE! We have our own lives even WITH HUSBANDS AND CHILDREN!
You tink say we be "NL Newly-Weds"? cheesy

You see 'grey bia-bia" for my toto or head? wink
If you carry NL and NIGERIANS and their nonsense for ya head, you go age die KE!

MUCHECHECHECHECHE

Off to take my darling mom for breakfast AND shopping jare!!!!

Chai. Callotti the Callo, see as old age don dey show for ya face. Hehehe

1 Like

Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
koyyess:
I pity the 35 fagg*ts that liked your shiitty ghetto speech. All you do is come to NL and parade like a miserable deluded mad boy wh*re. You need psychiatric help.

Ori iya e buru undecided
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by otunbadan(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
koyyess:
I pity the 35 fagg*ts that liked your shiitty ghetto speech. All you do is come to NL and parade like a miserable deluded mad boy wh*re. You need psychiatric help.

That kid is deluded n on the crazy side of life

2 Likes

Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by KanwuliaJara: 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
francizy:

The bolded tho.
Lmao, you just contradicted yourself ni.. Thought you said a woman/man at 37 shouldn't be thinking of marriage any more?

Hehehe, am waiting for your Hubby's contact tho..

No complaints contradiction o.
Different SUBJECTS, different CONTEXTS. Don't mix 'em up! kiss

He already has a girlfriend waiting for me to quench, so she can inherit him o.
Nor wassssse ya time abeg! cheesy

You're from Edo state?? shocked shocked :
Who come dash you Igbo name (Kanwulia) na?

My mother is an Igbo woman!
Sorry, we are not local peeps who marry their own children and ancestors from the same villages! cheesy

Gray hairs for your toto? shocked shocked shocked
How I wan know whether gray hairs dey dia when you never show me before. Till I assess am den I fit know whether gray hairs dey dia..
On NL matter, me no get time to carry the matter for head na, unlike those ones way dey trade insults like small pikin.

I been put "the pisssshure" for NL o, dem ban me. grin
You nor get the "copy"? wink
My life tooooooooo sweeeeeet o!
NL or pipo dem issues nor get part for my life!
Amiiiiiiiiiiiiin ooooooooooh!!!!! cool

Finally, nice pic tho.. wink[/quote]

Thank you ma dia!
Nor let E WOR WOR GAAAAAAAAAAAAN NL JOLOSI PIPO QUENCH O! tongue
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by ladygogo: 3:43am On Mar 23, 2015
ogawisdom:

This is d mindset dt creates a lot of problems for ladies. Dt is I dnt need a man in my life to b happy mindset.

A man or a woman can't truly b happy without each other no matter wat. Dey were made for d companion of each other

Lol. Jokes.
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by KriTic24A: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2015
MrPresident:
lol! tell your friend -
the bus driver she turned down is now happily married with kids
the motor mechanic she rejected now has a big workshop in town, married with kids
the bus conductor she slapped for toasting her has traveled to Europe, married to oyibo wife
the ladipo trader she rejected because he is not a graduate is now married to a banker

life is what happens when you are too busy making other plans

Dead on point bro,

still coming back to tread.....

1 Like

Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 23, 2015
manot:
Nigeria will soon be like America Another 50yrs frm now people will not be too desperate for marriage. y she wan kill herself
You think it is a thing of pride to be unmarried? Lol. You don't know shiit about the relationship between marriage, family, population and the nation. Stop being a read and vomit robot. Study and observe.

1 Like

Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by TV01(m): 10:58am On Mar 23, 2015
DSB:
Why is it that people always blame the the lady for being choosy? What if she is a victim of one of those long time relationship where the guy bailed out at the last hour.

I'm afraid she takes responsibility for that too. A mature, clear thinking woman in an adult relationship, should be able to articualte her expectations and desires. If she ends up in a "long time" relationship that's heading nowhere, she is to blame. Either that, or she is not capable - and therefore shouldn't be - in a grown-up relationship.

TV
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Ajekpakororo: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Eggovinma and Ajekpakororo who sayz they cnt Marry a Man who earn 50,000 naira as salary every month are needed on this thread ASAP!

I AM HERE SIR!
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Ajekpakororo: 8:17am On Apr 14, 2015
She go "manage" the one she see na.
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by danbrowndmf(m): 9:59am On Apr 14, 2015
Ajekpakororo:

I AM HERE SIR!
oya read the topic and air your opinion
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Dheartless: 10:06am On Apr 14, 2015
if she is beautiful, I am available.
forget my pics that was 5 years back
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Sunnypar(m): 5:13am On Jul 28, 2015
Sunnypar:
Does she resides in Lagos? If yes, let her listen to this radio stations inspiration fm 92.3 today by 7pm, radio continental 102.3fm by 11.59pm every day(she should listen to todays show) and send a mail to d.akpata@rc1023.fm
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by bukatyne(f): 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
duperola:

So OP, what's the update? This is two years after.
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
Thank you.
Onegai:
It is oh so easy to say "must she get married, let her take her time, marriage is not for everyone, don't be desperate, let her have kids outside wedlock" from the comfort and security of your home/marriage/relationship. The complaisance stinks.

I know what is like to stop attending weddings because everyone is hooked up (even those small girls), to avoid your fb page before you go crazy seeing all those updates of happy families whilst you're still in your parents' home, the random times people will just start passing comment on your life or discussing your life publicly (well-meaning but you still wanna die).

OP, it is crazy out there and whatever decision she takes is going to be tough. As someone who said "I will find a man and have my kids without marriage" when that situation stared me in the face, I ran like a person being chased by BH. The reality was different from my calculations. Being a single mum is not something you discuss on NL.

It is one thing to half-heartedly want to get married, it is another to want it with every fibre (for the companionship) and be told "marriage is not for everyone, don't be desperate".

A lot of men in your 30s are going to be unserious about you and once you reach 35, all the married ones will show up to attempt to grace your bed. The beauty of age is that you are now bold enough to ask a man "please what are your intentions" immediately he kisses you. The unserious ones will tell you you're rushing them, the serious ones know your age and will straight up say their mind "I want a casual fling, are you interested? " or "I want more than a casual something, I'm genuinely here". Don't get mad, say thanks and move on (I used to tell them "thanks for being honest with me, I'm looking for more than a fling right now but If I change my mind I will inform you" and no hard feelings).

Let her go out. Let her find a hobby. Do things that take her to continually meet people. I was advised that by a single woman in her 40s. Let her not take men seriously, A MAN IS NOT REAL UNTIL HE DECLARES PUBLICLY YOU TWO ARE DATING. That means she should bone all those midnight chatting and phone calls, they mean nothing until the man declares his mind (I see ladies who dump everything and everyone else in favour of those calls, meanwhile he can wake up and decide to stop calling one day and disappear. Then you waste more time in tears and emotion). Grit your teeth and go out (even when you're not in the mood).

Be cautious of that joining some society in church. I have a lot of male friends and they always made it clear that they used church workers and church attendees as their hunting grounds, since they knew most of those women joined church to meet eligible men. So be friendly but remember, he ain't real till he publicly declares your relationship to all of mankind.

Whatever fun you want to have, go and have it starting from now. Every time you say "I'm too tired to go out to this birthday party/office dinner/whatever function", you are reducing your chances of meeting people (we are no longer in the days of Tobit, husbands don't see you praying in your window and knock your father's door down demanding your hand in marriage ). GO OUT THERE AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE.

If things don't work out, at least you won't have spent your life sitting in one spot, waiting for a bus to arrive that wasn't coming.

I speak from experience and that of my sisters and friends. All the best OP.

Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
OP, haven't you seen women getting married at 45? Let the will of God be done in your life, make sure you don't spend your life worrying about what you can't do much about, it is well. Enjoy the rest of your life
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Ranchhoddas: 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
Pidgin2:
OP, haven't you seen women getting married at 45? Let the will of God be done in your life, make sure you don't spend your life worrying about what you can't do much about, it is well. Enjoy the rest of your life
Na so! How old are you?
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
duperola:

She should never try such oo.
I won't even advice my enemy to be a single mother. You think it's easy? It's not easy o both financially and emotionally for the kids or kid not even her. Do u know the psychological. Stability a parent is giving to a child or children. ? When both mum and dad are together and in peaceful coexistence.
Such stability cannot be bought with money.
Am. In my 30s. Am not desperate for marriage even though I would love to get married. Have used all these years to better myself and my career.
Am not lonely. And am even in a serious relationship with a 29year old guy. He knows my age and he's comfortable with it.
We both work and we are very comfortable with each other. We both talk about the future with ourselves in unborn kids in it. I don't worry myself at all.

One thing I notice about we ladies getting married late. I think it's in our destiny. No matter how hard we try. If not yet time. U cant force it.

And I vowed I will never be a single mum not matter what!.

One of my friend got married 40years old to a 36years old guy. Everyone was saying be a single mum and forget marriage. But she said no way! And she has prayed to God that, God if a man of my choice does not marry me. I will never bear children. And that the end.

Now she's happily married to a fine tall successful guy. And she has a kid now.

No older lady should. Be coerced or emotionally blackmailed into been a single mother. It's not fair.

1 Like

Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Na so! How old are you?

I hope you are not a sadist o, do you want her to kill herself or to be depressed, as her husband hasn't come to her she should hang herself abi? Since you are not a Christian you will not understand how God works, the word of God says "All things work together for good to those who love God"

I know a woman who never married until her fifties, she prayed but it wasn't to be, after everything God gave her a widower and she took over his four kids, today they are happily married and blessed, Pastor Kumuyi married a single woman over 60, the list is endless and even if she never gets married, God is able to comfort her no matter her circumstance

OP, please ignore everyone (especially people who deliberately want you to feel bad) I am not up to your age but if I should be in your shoes, I will surely exercise patience and live my life happily no matter what, cheers.
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Ranchhoddas: 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

I hope you are not a sadist o, do you want her to kill herself or to be depressed, as her husband hasn't come to her she should hang herself abi? Since you are not a Christian you will not understand how God works, the word of God says "All things work together for good to those who love God"

I know a woman who never married until her fifties, she prayed but it wasn't to be, after everything God gave her a widower and she took over his four kids, today they are happily married and blessed, Pastor Kumuyi married a single woman over 60, the list is endless and even if she never gets married, God is able to comfort her no matter her circumstance

OP, please ignore everyone (especially people who deliberately want you to feel bad) I am not up to your age but if I should be in your shoes, I will surely exercise patience and live my life happily no matter what, cheers.
Your two examples are widowers; do you mean that someone's wife has to die before she gets married?
Tell me your age nah...
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Your two examples are widowers; do you mean that someone's wife has to die before she gets married?
Tell me your age nah...

Look around you and face reality someone's wife or husband will surely die. That said, plenty examples are available of single mature men and women getting married. They are the ones that even understand what true companionship is all about.

Why should I tell you my age, okay I am 192
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Ranchhoddas: 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

Look around you and face reality someone's wife or husband will surely die. That said, plenty examples are available of single mature men and women getting married. They are the ones that even understand what true companionship is all about.

Why should I tell you my age, okay I am 192
I dey find wife!
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I dey find wife!
Wetin do the ones wey you dey see every day?
Re: How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? by Ranchhoddas: 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

Wetin do the ones wey you dey see every day?
I no want them. Na you I want!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jane Iyke Leaves Disturbing Note On Instagram / A Quadruple Amputee & His Girlfriend's Love Story In Pictures / Men And Their Cheating Ways.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.