Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? (33022 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Before You Marry A Divorcee. / Ladies, Can You Date A Guy That Drives This Type Of Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by BruzMoney(m): 9:10am On Mar 21, 2015
FTC on d second page.. 2day is my birthday guys

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Acidosis(m): 9:10am On Mar 21, 2015
Lol
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by FitnessNigeria: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2015
Living in a self contain flat but drives a 2 million naira car with no investment anywhere is madness and lack of vision. I will never advise any girl to marry such a person.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by zicoraads: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2015
What kind of nonsense is this? I noe loads of peeps who drive SUVs and still live in rented apartments. You only need come to Abuja!

13 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by zicoraads: 9:12am On Mar 21, 2015
FitnessNigeria:
Living in a self contain flat but drives a 2 million naira car with no investment anywhere is madness and lack of vision. I will never advise any girl to marry such a person.
And what is the big deal? Na wa oo!
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by cr7lomo: 9:12am On Mar 21, 2015
If u really love him then u help him manage his funds if livin a flamboyant life is his weakness

U are meAnt to b his helper and no eater , women sha , they wAnt it easy , smh

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by kay1one2(m): 9:13am On Mar 21, 2015
Him wan marry am put for the self contain? It could just be a phase!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by felifeli: 9:13am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:
I ask because my sister before she got married to another guy rejected a suitor because according to her he drives a car worth 2million yet no investment anywhere and lives in a. Rented selfcontain where he pays 200, 000 yearly.

I actually thought it isn't a big deal until another friend of mine rejected another guy because to her he lives a fake life.
Is it wise to have no investment anywhere but live a flamboyant livestyle?

Ladies over to you, what if you meet someone who has no investment but is willing to spend so much in one day, will you date such a guy believing you can change him or leave him knowing you can't change that part of him?

To the guys can you date a girl who wears the latest designers when you know her job doesn't pay that much for her to live in such a way?

Depends on his age.If he is in his 20s or early 30s why not - he is ambitious . If he is in his 50s he is hopeless.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by kay1one2(m): 9:14am On Mar 21, 2015
zicoraads:
What kind of nonsense is this? I noe loads of peeps who drive SUVs and still live in rented apartments. You only need come to Abuja!

Self contain for abj; lugbe na like 250k. Garki pass 600k. Leave these pepo abeg!
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by ige101(m): 9:16am On Mar 21, 2015
Question for the gods,jumia vocher codes of N15,000 still available till sunday http://www.ebimablog.com/2015/03/free-mtnjumia-gift-n15000-voucher-code-for-your-next-purchase-on-jumia.html
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 21, 2015
See question o.
Na her papa money or is she the one who set my priorities for me when we are not married yet?

So a man cannot drive a good car and live in a rented apartment?

Ah.

The op didn't even tell us what The guy does for a living and if his kind of work demands mobility.

I will drive a good car 1st and build my house later.

Any woman not comfortable with that should "hell 2go".

8 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by phemocheee(m): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2015
Na wah o... The first question i will ask the op is how many years had the guy worked? If the guy had worked for like 10yrs and he used all his savings to buy a 2mill car, then there is a problem. However, there is no big deal if a guy decides to buy a 2mil naira car after working btw 1 to 5yrs because it only means he won't have to think about buying another car for another say 3 to 5yrs. Within this period, he can then invest properly and also settle down.

If you stay in Lagos and you work in a consulting or banking sector, then you will know a young man buying a 2mill naira car (say muscle camry) and living in a rented apartment is just a normal way of life

8 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 21, 2015
I see no wrong doing,pushing an SUV & living in a rented apartment.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by caprini1: 9:18am On Mar 21, 2015
OP smh for you........what about a guy that lives in his mansion in FESTAC ,and drives a Nissan bluebird,that we,ve been pleading with him to change,until it killed him along Lagos Ibadan express way?

13 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by chinkichun: 9:18am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Don't you think he is already made but with a misplaced priority?
Where I come from, guys own landed properties, biz empires yet they still go low with their choice of cars.

This is one of the things I don't like hearing, everybody can't spend their money the same way (invest and own landed properties). Everybody is different and as such, should spend their money whatever way it pleases them whether other people think it wise or not.

As for your sister rejecting his proposal, that's cool and I understand because she has her own standards and taste. But you people should let that guy be, if he's happy spending his money the way he is, he should carry on.

16 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 21, 2015
FitnessNigeria:
Are you serious? Lack of vision?
So the man who lives in austerity just because he wants to build is full of vision? God forbid that kind of vision for me.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by dharamanil(m): 9:19am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Don't you think he is already made but with a misplaced priority?
Where I come from, guys own landed properties, biz empires yet they still go low with their choice of cars.

SUVs are of different types madam....
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by zicoraads: 9:21am On Mar 21, 2015
kay1one2:

Self contain for abj; lugbe na like 250k. Garki pass 600k. Leave these pepo abeg!
I just tire! She wey de complain, how many investments she get? Naija ladies and their mentality sha.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by unite4real: 9:21am On Mar 21, 2015
Is it the 2m Naira you expect him to buy land and build house with?

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 21, 2015
SUV are built strong for off-road uses. You do not have to own a house to buy a vehicle you need for off-road. You can reject a relationship with a guy because you do not know his source of income, but it is silly to refuse a relationship because he drives SUV and live on a 2m rent. 2m can not buy a house and can not build one where that boy lives. And not everyone is ready to live poor in order to fit your fancy. For someone who lives in a 2m apartment and drives SUV, he has a source of income, it might be illegal. It is not a fake life, it is called questionable life.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by caprini1: 9:23am On Mar 21, 2015
Meanwhile rent for Lekki na 4m,to buy house for igando na 4m...Nissan xterra (tokunbo)na 1m ,LR3 na 6m ,all na SUV.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by swagnine(m): 9:23am On Mar 21, 2015
so cause he is drivin a SuV car nd stil living in a rented apartment..he is automatically living a fake life ''i refuse to concur

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nafikowa: 9:23am On Mar 21, 2015
Its exactly a lame question. I must not own a house where I reside. Nothing fake there.

Cpumping:
just incase

op. I neva still understand wetin u dey ask.
dt I stay in a self contain n drive an suv doesn't necessarily mean I live a fake life.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by dharamanil(m): 9:24am On Mar 21, 2015
caprini1:
OP smh for you........what about a guy that lives in his mansion in FESTAC ,and drives a Nissan bluebird,that we,ve been pleading with him to change,until it killed him along Lagos Ibadan express way?

R.I.P but lemme

Hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by unite4real: 9:24am On Mar 21, 2015
Must a woman depend on a man? What about her own investment. Women are so funny that they want a man to marry them when they cannot support the home but if it's the reverse, they run to nairaland to complain.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by 1miccza: 9:25am On Mar 21, 2015
Brosses the Op said ladies let the ladies post too...
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Tegraeagles: 9:25am On Mar 21, 2015
Pls I will awnser you after election

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by StOla: 9:26am On Mar 21, 2015
Can N2mill buy land close to his area of economic interest?

If the guy works in Victoria Island, is he supposed to go buy land in Sango-ota or Ifo and build a house there and still commute to the Island because he doesn't want to live in a rented apartment closer to work?

7 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by KingsleyCEO: 9:26am On Mar 21, 2015
It's not a big deal, it all depends on your driving force. But it's wise to have an investment so you can leave an inheritance for your kids.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by lolaxavier(m): 9:28am On Mar 21, 2015
I drive a car worth 2 million and live in a self contain doesn't in anyway translate to a fake life. It is called choice/priority. Paying rent shouldn't be seen as a heap of problem.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by unite4real: 9:28am On Mar 21, 2015
Billyonaire:
SUV are built strong for off-road uses. You do not have to own a house to buy a vehicle you need for off-road. You can reject a relationship with a guy because you do not know his source of income, but it is silly to refuse a relationship because he drives SUV and live on a 2m rent. 2m can not buy a house and can not build one where that boy lives. And not everyone is ready to live poor in order to fit your fancy. For someone who lives in a 2m apartment and drives SUV, he has a source of income, it might be illegal. It is not a fake life, it is called questionable life.

Funny enough the report actually stated that the suv was bought for 2m Naira while rent is 200,000 Naira yearly. Is that a flamboyant life without purpose?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Celebrates Two Years Without Sex On Facebook, What Do You Think? (photos) / Men Need To Realise That Having Money Doesn't Make Them A Catch. / 19-Year-Old Shedrack Chukwuemeka Is Missing In Oshodi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.