Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? (33076 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Before You Marry A Divorcee. / Ladies, Can You Date A Guy That Drives This Type Of Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by GANJAFARMER: 10:00am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:
I ask because my sister before she got married to another guy rejected a suitor because according to her he drives a car worth 2million yet no investment anywhere and lives in a. Rented selfcontain where he pays 200, 000 yearly.

I actually thought it isn't a big deal until another friend of mine rejected another guy because to her he lives a fake life.
Is it wise to have no investment anywhere but live a flamboyant livestyle?

Ladies over to you, what if you meet someone who has no investment but is willing to spend so much in one day, will you date such a guy believing you can change him or leave him knowing you can't change that part of him?

To the guys can you date a girl who wears the latest designers when you know her job doesn't pay that much for her to live in such a way?
It depends and because most people judge from afar so they tend not understand these kind of individuals.

I built my first house within two years of working ,it was a twin three bedroom flat which I intended to stay with my live-in girlfriend and rent the other flat out ,but I opted to rent a house in highbrow area just for the security and often at times when I renew the exorbitant rent my girl don't find it funny always insisting we should pack into our own house and live their.

After so much pressure from her I told her my reasons and painted a blurry picture of what could transpire if we pack into the house and she believed me .
Even before she passed on I deliberately rented an apartment all because of her.
sometimes people do the things they do due to some factors that people around might find it difficult to comprehend.

I do not judge a man by his ways but by his thoughts .

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by 400billionman: 10:01am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Don't you think he is already made but with a misplaced priority?
Where I come from, guys own landed properties, biz empires yet they still go low with their choice of cars.

It might also be a mistake. I knew of a case, the guy got the SUV for a reason but that thing later didn't work as planned. He drives it for private use and has a second older car. Right now he has addressed his priorities right and invests all his savings into landed properties.

Will you not marry him for that ?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 21, 2015
laplace12:

From my christian point of view, massive rush to investment is an expression of lack of faith. I don't expect many to understand tho smiley
Lol, so christians shouldn't plan for the rainy days?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Tallesty1(m): 10:01am On Mar 21, 2015
Some ladies won't mind if he sleeps in the car at night. Especially these 30+ babes that are looking for a way to attract a man.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by baslone: 10:02am On Mar 21, 2015
I can talk for myself. I drive a very expensive SUV and I live in a rented apartment.

"How you arrive, that is the price you are".

This is not for salary earners,

Every successful business man I know passed through this stage.

It's called packaging- Respect is key. Prospective business partners, investors,loan sharks won't visit your house.They simply size you up from what they see and it gets the bills paid.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by debeo: 10:02am On Mar 21, 2015
Your sister doesn't love the guy!
If she does SUV or no SUV, rented apartment or not. She will run to the guys house!

When if the car is 2m nko?

Do you know it takes an average of 7m to build a small 2bd?

So the guy should go and steal or build 1 house in 7 years before he marries your sister because your sister is queen Elizabeth or Tracheal or Leah?

Or should he go and live in one bush in ikorodu with snakes and wild animals as neighbours and spend 5 hours in traffic everyday just to get home and be reducing his life span? Abegi

She never wan marry

Shioooo

When there are plenty golden fishes in the ocean

Your sister who wants to marry a landlord what has she amasses for herself?

Any special reasons why the guy should marry her minus the obvious ones?

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by showbobo(m): 10:05am On Mar 21, 2015
Dunno why Nigerians can be so petty. . .shey na everybody go build house ni abi don't u think it's a gradual process

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by ideology(m): 10:06am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

2million can start a good biz innit?

Op mentioned his rent, making it look like, the guy is wasting 200k on rent.

It depends like I said, someone working in a bank may find it difficult to run business at the same time.

we can not just conclude that the guy doesn't have investment plans.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by tivta(m): 10:06am On Mar 21, 2015
mirexxx:
buh really what's wrong in wanting an already made man
do we have to start from the scratch with him??
we dont know who we'll be with in d future
how do u start from d scratch with someone you know nothing about?
naija mentality cry

God blessed u with a man that can cater 4 ur needs and the needs of the family ur going to start together now becomes a problem in this country??
so we must drink garri with him to prove our love?
it really doesn't mean u love him or does it guarantee marriage!

am not in anyway encouraging girls not to work hard 4 a living o
that's what most if you would see it to be sha

a friend of mine once told me she would not marry a rich or well to do man
she prefers they both start from the scratch?
in marriage?? shocked
in this times shocked
and century??

this might be off topic sha
saw someone's post and i had 2 say this
smiley smiley
. My sweet sister. You have a lot to learn about how men think. The summary of marrying a rich man is as follows" he who pays the piper, dictates the tune." Most ready made men are serial cheats, abusive and slave masters. They will treat women like properties that they can discard at any time and more often than not have lots of concubines. If that is the type of man you want, GOODLUCK, cause it will be a miracle to find a ready made man who will respect his wife(even if she is independent) why? Cause of the way women think like you, always putting comfort ahead of respect. Its up to you to decide what you want in a man cause as like solomon did in the bible, a wealthy man will most often than not be a cheat and polygamous.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 21, 2015
Tallesty1:
Some ladies won't mind if he sleeps in the car at night. Especially these 30+ babes that are looking for a way to attract a man.
This thread obviously isn't for you, pls don't derail.
Look for an age discussion thread.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 21, 2015
frankmishael1:
thank u Jesus Christ our God Almighty.

for choosing Gej

What if he chose Buhari? Would you decamp to satan or turn atheist?
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by AreaFada2: 10:11am On Mar 21, 2015
mimicious:
........... And do u knw if s SUV guy is laying a foundation som where! Som girls sha

You know some ladies like noisemakers.

Some guys build a house and tell nobody until they collect house keys from the builder.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by menix(m): 10:14am On Mar 21, 2015
OP... How did u know doz guyz ve no investment, do u think its every guy dat runs his mouth..

I was staying wiv my broda in a self contain wen i bought my 1st car wich was an SUV, i would say it was over-due..
And i could tell u 1 truth amongst d gals i dated till date only 1 knew my investments cous she was good at searching my phone.

Dislike guyz wiv fake life buh most tym wat doz guyz need is a kool headed woman to make something out of them..
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by caprini1: 10:15am On Mar 21, 2015
Acidosis:

Oga rent for lekki is not 4m.

You have to be specific about the type of house and the location within lekki. This half baked information isn't healthy on a social media.
Rents in Lekki can be as high as 4m; and as low as N200k
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by horlakunle25(m): 10:15am On Mar 21, 2015
RickRichards:
Atleast he doesn't live in the SUV. grin
What's a 'self-contain' anyway? I hear people say it so much but never got my head around the meaning. I know I should know...so don't scold me, just explain to me.
Me, me, me!!!! The world revolves around me!!! Me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shi!t! I think I'm high! On music. My music!!!! Mine! Me!!!! ROFLMAO
*facepalm*
Wat's dis one saying?? Side effect of taking "mini-pack" b4 typing I guess!
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 21, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

What if he chose Buhari? Would you decamp to satan or turn atheist?
go back to ur slumber
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 21, 2015
400billionman:

It might also be a mistake. I knew of a case, the guy got the SUV for a reason but that thing later didn't work as planned. He drives it for private use and has a second older car. Right now he has addressed his priorities right and invests all his savings into landed properties.

Will you not marry him for that early mistake ?
Good reason if I must say but the bone of contention is towards guys who own very expensive suv just to annouce that they've arrived.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by femi4: 10:17am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Fake live here means he is trying hard to paint a picture of him as a bigboy.
2million can be used to start another income generating business.
2 million naira car is not a big boy car. That's the cost of an average tokunbo car

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 21, 2015
frankmishael1:
go back to ur slumber

Typical gullibe Nigerian
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by caprini1: 10:21am On Mar 21, 2015
Acidosis:

Oga rent for lekki is not 4m.

You have to be specific about the type of house and the location within lekki. This half baked information isn't healthy on a social media.
Rents in Lekki can be as high as 4m; and as low as N200k
I mean a 4 bedroom duplex.....we are talking about homes here and not an apartment!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 21, 2015
femi4:
2 million naira car is not a big boy car. That's the cost of an average tokunbo car
Made in Nigeria brand new SUV's can be bought with that amount.
Come to Nnewi grin
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by bodeoni: 10:34am On Mar 21, 2015
In the world we live today, the package has become more important than the content. A guy my buy an expensive car and still be living in a self contain cos he is trying to make himself into a brand. The car one drives might just be what determines whether or not one gets a major contract

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 21, 2015
It doesn't matter as long as he has the plans of building his own. People do it. I have a friend who lives in a 2bedroom boys quaters in opebi with her husband and 4kids,they drive nice cars,and have built two blocks of 3bedrooms flat at ikorodu and mowe,which they rented out. They are landlords living in a rented place'so it's not new.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by femi4: 10:36am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Made in Nigeria brand new SUV's can be bought with that amount.
Come to Nnewi grin
Made in Nigeria car doesn't have heritage yet
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 21, 2015
FitnessNigeria:
Living in a self contain flat but drives a 2 million naira car with no investment anywhere is madness and lack of vision. I will never advise any girl to marry such a person.

Some of us don't let anyone in when we embark on any kind of project until its completion. The said guy may have investments the lady doesn't even know about. He may be building his house and the lady won't know. Afterall he isn't in anyway obligated to let her know—they aren't married. Moreover, investments aren't limited to landed properties, you know?

No right-thinking guy would own a SUV and be living in a self con. without having atleast a land, or working earnestly to get one. He just may not let the lady know about it. Only takes a lady with a discerning mind to understand.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by tuffgongjo(m): 10:42am On Mar 21, 2015
Tuntheycr7:
Hymmmmm.
Only few and reasonable ladies would reject such.
Cos these days, some ladies even pressurize their spouse to buy an expensive cars just to impress families and friends..

But the nature of some guyz job warrant the use of a good car.
So he can get a car before building his own house. Things are done steps by steps.

So what if the guy doesn't have a house or a car at all
That your picture is a Hat-trick of Lands now.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by chyket(m): 10:43am On Mar 21, 2015
In Life some people pretend as if where they get to in life is always because they are hardworking,smart and very discerning but life is not as simple as that.
From most of the posts i ve gone through here,it seems to most people that its automatic that once you make an investment that it will succeed and prosper but statistics show that 75% of start ups ie new businesses fail within the first 3 years,look around your environment and see how often businesses spring up and disappear.
Most businesses struggle in Nigeria because of poor foundation like inadequate capital,copycat syndrome and lack of basic management skills etc.
Most. genuine businessmen in Nigeria know that the greatest threat and competition in business comes from people who have access to drug money,government funds etc and they patiently wait for you to develop a business model and once they notice that you are making a headway,they float a similar business and pump so much resources into it that yours will look like a child's play.
I have seen Millionaires become beggars and beggars become Millionaires so people should not base their marriage on what you have now or what you do not have.I have been married for over 14years and I can tell you from my personal experience that things will always change but what always keeps a marriage is believeing in yourselves and a decision that you will make a success out of the marriage.
You could even own properties and investment at inception of the marriage and circu mstances beyond your control may make you to sell them off in other to survive.
Once a Man has genuine plans for the future and he is willing to work together with the wife to achieve it and He believes and trusts in God,I personally believe that they are on their way to a successful marriage irrespective of the hiccups that may come up once in a while.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 21, 2015
coolbibz:

No right-thinking guy would own a SUV and be living in a self con. without having atleast a land, or working earnestly to get one. He just may not let the lady know about it. Only takes a lady with a discerning mind to understand.
A lot of guys do.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Fake live here means he is trying hard to paint a picture of him as a bigboy.
2million can be used to start another income generating business.
Yes, I know someone who came back from Norway to Nigeria last year and he's building a house now but refuses to buy a car. Not that he doesn't have the money for a car, he simply does not want to show off. That guy i guess is a role model.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by justmag(m): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2015
This is a very good post that should have people thinking ahead. It's very important to understand the one you are with. So many people are draw to people with a lavish lifestyle without observing longevity. I can be lavish today but will it be consistent? A girl will see a Mercedes Benz and automatically assume this guy is wealthy and can a garantee a proper future with her. Money can disappear over night. So I don't blame the woman who left the man with the 200,000 naira self contained. She has a plan.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by elbinmanny(m): 10:45am On Mar 21, 2015
I did not intend to buy a car just to be a car owner. It depends on the type of biz or career u are into, im into construction and own a mercerdes c class (for private use) and a Nissan frontier truck (for site). I live in a rented apartment cos it was neccesary.
That doesnt mean I dont wanna own my own property. It could be time or the type of house I want to erect.
I wont live my house for someone to build and wont vacate site where I make my money cos I want to build mine. Its time and what I want.
Ladies should look at prospects.
Must guys buy expensive cars to market themselves. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I'm Getting Married Everyone! Despite All The Odds / Top 10 Most Beautiful Romancelanders / Miss Nairaland Contest Giveaways - FASTEST FINGERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.