Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? (33021 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Before You Marry A Divorcee. / Ladies, Can You Date A Guy That Drives This Type Of Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Back to the sender, my sister is married and thank God she never settled for less.
Desperate girls like you will marry anything as long as he drives a car.
Poverty mentality
You be Mumu...First Class Mumu!..was it only your sis u mentioned in what u wrote?.You aint even sure bout wah u wrote sef!
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
MimeeTee:
You be Mumu...First Class Mumu!..was it only your sis u mentioned in what u wrote?.You aint even sure bout wah u wrote sef!
Yeah even my frnd is married.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by 400billionman: 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
idupaul:

Invest in what exactly. Nigerians over use the word invest and when I look around I only see people who can't sustain for a month when salary is stopped.

That's it. Some people in the craze to invest lose their hard earned savings, by buying encumbered lands and fall into the hands of spurious agents.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Yeah even my frnd is married.
Buh u neva mentioned she's married...did u?
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
idupaul:

We are not talking of me .. I am a seasoned entrepreneur , I just keep hearing everyone talk of investments and I really don't see any around .. 80 percent of Nigerians live from hand to mouth .. Please even you can you just specify one sector of the Nigerian economy where u have a working investment ..Abeg don tell me of plot of Land oo
80 percent of Nigerians don't live from hand to mouth, pls correct that notion of yours.
Well for now real estate still remains the best investments then food.
A nigerian lawyer based abroad started a biz in Nigeria and you will be surprise if I tell you he started a cold room where he earns millions in a week.
Some ppl do not knw wat to invest in like you while many are smart enough.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by yaskarahyelhope(f): 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
Moshe! So U can afford an SUV but not a house? This so lame and primitive. In fact I prefer a guy with a house and no bicycle. He can get it later. Landlord go use U do yeye ehn. Crazy dude!
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by 400billionman: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
elbinmanny:
I did not intend to buy a car just to be a car owner. It depends on the type of biz or career u are into, im into construction and own a mercerdes c class (for private use) and a Nissan frontier truck (for site). I live in a rented apartment cos it was neccesary.
That doesnt mean I dont wanna own my own property. It could be time or the type of house I want to erect.
I wont live my house for someone to build and wont vacate site where I make my money cos I want to build mine. Its time and what I want.
Ladies should look at prospects.
Must guys buy expensive cars to market themselves. cool

Most construction guys do this. A friend once said that to me. Clients evaluate their builders' worth before releasing money for their projects.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by 400billionman: 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
Glowww:
I will advice him to sell the SUV and invest the money in other biz or build a house. The money payed for house rent can be used for tangible investments. For me, a house first then a car

Hahaha..

Ladies sef
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by 400billionman: 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

I think they are comfortable being landlords in a rented apartment.

Chyket I get where you're going. Biz starts and fail which to me ispart of life. I have started a business that crumbled within 6months of which I had to start all over again and life goes on.
Now over to the topic at hand, lest say a guy recieves a contract worth 5million naira and makes 1.5million as profit. What do you suggest he does with that money especially when he has another smaller car? Continue to try othe biz or buy more cars because his kind of biz requires him to?

Most guys into construction I know drive neat airconditioned cars. Most of them don't have a house yet. Some are married with kids, some still struggling to put up a house.

One has a Toyota tundra and Honda pilot. Sister, they are packaging themselves to get bigger jobs for you and your children to eat. Tell me, won't it be easy for a guy into construction to build himself a house given that he has already bought land somewhere. He is not silly and the lady is not wiser. It is like a banker who invests in expensive suits to keep his company dressing policy will you tell your banker fiance to stop buying expensive suits ? Do you have another job for him ?

It takes a certain level of intelligence in the first place to make money..
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

Go visit a mental health institution, brainwashed pastor worshiper.
yes i love my pastor so much
pastor Chris oyakhilome
he is god too
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
sihnupa:
suv is it

This one probably lives in his SUV, I know guys who live in shared apartments in lekki, but own priced cars.. I don't get it though.. But hey its not about the apartment or suv. ... it's starts by a woman knowing what she wants.. and accepting to following where the guy is leading.. her choice.. good or bad.

@OP I love suvs, would get one even in a rented apartment.. and buy a better bigger one after numerous investment.. and I am not aspiring to achieve this cos of any woman.. #livingthegoodlive
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
elbinmanny:
guy live that thing. In my line of biz, your appearance matters..abi na okada u expect those in construction to use meet a client? Or go to site? No serious client will give u job worth milions if you drop from an okada. For him mind him go say this one no sabi anything say him go use to project money first go buy car.

Bla bla bla$$

Don't go buying land in lagos if u no get cash to build upon it.. else u will wish u burnt the money chilling in SUVs.

Investment is not for impatient, get rich quick minded 9jaborns. Investment is strategic and with directed timelines. Most worthy investment are not going to yield ample profit for the present.. but for the future or ur posterity.

So be sure of what u mean by investment.. is it equity? NTBills e.t.c. Or investing in multi income streams, career, packaging :-)..
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2015
RickRichards:
Atleast he doesn't live in the SUV. grin
What's a 'self-contain' anyway? I hear people say it so much but never got my head around the meaning. I know I should know...so don't scold me, just explain to me.
Me, me, me!!!! The world revolves around me!!! Me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shi!t! I think I'm high! On music. My music!!!! Mine! Me!!!! ROFLMAO
*facepalm*

Same as en suite or studio
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by tellwisdom: 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Don't you think he is already made but with a misplaced priority?
Where I come from, guys own landed properties, biz empires yet they still go low with their choice of cars.

Where u come from?? sad
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Cachez(m): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
I see the amazement in people's eyes when they came to my compound in Abuja, and discovered that I'm the owner of a 4 bedroom flat, and 2 units of 2 bedroom flats in it despite the fact that I drive Toyota corrolla S 2006 model. Many say I live a modest life, however I do not totally agree with this assumption. I believe I live a life that is comfortable and sustainable. I do have this friend that drives a SUV, and live in a self contained. That's what siut s him. The guy recently got a mouth watery contract mainly as a result of his sophisticated lifestyle. What suits Paul might not suit Peter.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by sCun: 3:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
debeo:
Your sister doesn't love the guy!
If she does SUV or no SUV, rented apartment or not. She will run to the guys house!

When if the car is 2m nko?

Do you know it takes an average of 7m to build a small 2bd?

So the guy should go and steal or build 1 house in 7 years before he marries your sister because your sister is queen Elizabeth or Tracheal or Leah?

Or should he go and live in one bush in ikorodu with snakes and wild animals as neighbours and spend 5 hours in traffic everyday just to get home and be reducing his life span? Abegi

She never wan marry

Shioooo

When there are plenty golden fishes in the ocean

Your sister who wants to marry a landlord what has she amasses for herself?

Any special reasons why the guy should marry her minus the obvious ones?
This is the best comment on this thread.
Contained all my thoughts plus more.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by manie(m): 3:10pm On Mar 21, 2015
ideology:

Op mentioned his rent, making it look like, the guy is wasting 200k on rent.

It depends like I said, someone working in a bank may find it difficult to run business at the same time.

we can not just conclude that the guy doesn't have investment plans.

The OP is worried that the guy does not have any form of investment, driving a car of N2 million without an investment is a very bad financial planning strategy.

The guy can buy a car of N1 million and have another N1 million invested in an income generating asset, likr real estate, money market instrument, small businesses or stocks in blue chip companies.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by manie(m): 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
njays24:
It doesn't matter as long as he has the plans of building his own. People do it. I have a friend who lives in a 2bedroom boys quaters in opebi with her husband and 4kids,they drive nice cars,and have built two blocks of 3bedrooms flat at ikorodu and mowe,which they rented out. They are landlords living in a rented place'so it's not new.

Same here, I am a tenant in the city Lagos but have two income generating houses on the outskirt of Lagos and the third house is 90% completed.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by manie(m): 3:22pm On Mar 21, 2015
nkemdi89:
We are all tenants in this world. What of a federal civil servants or others that the nature of their job requires regular transfer so they should build houses everywhere they go? Besides this life is too short to discomfort yourself all in the name of building houses. Had some colleagues who were landlords but never had the chance to live in their houses until the day they were buried in six feets somewhere in their compounds after all the sweats to acquire a house.

They can build to rent, the rent from the house will be another cash-flow that can be channeled for more investments. Provided the house has the right titles, the house can be used to access for funds for further wealth creation.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by elbinmanny(m): 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2015
iykrichie:

Bla bla bla$$

Don't go buying land in lagos if u no get cash to build upon it.. else u will wish u burnt the money chilling in SUVs.

Investment is not for impatient, get rich quick minded 9jaborns. Investment is strategic and with directed timelines. Most worthy investment are not going to yield ample profit for the present.. but for the future or ur posterity.

So be sure of what u mean by investment.. is it equity? NTBills e.t.c. Or investing in multi income streams, career, packaging :-)..

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by elbinmanny(m): 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
400billionman:

Most construction guys do this. A friend once said that to me. Clients evaluate their builders' worth before releasing money for their projects.
my brother no one will entrust mullions of naira if u dont look like someone who has handled such before grin
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
frankmishael1:
yes i love my pastor so much
pastor Chris oyakhilome
he is god too

SMH
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
I'm one, I will get married to a Nairaland Girl this year grin
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by nkemdi89(f): 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
manie:

They can build to rent, the rent from the house will be another cash-flow that can be channeled for more investments. Provided the house has the right titles, the house can be used to access for funds for further wealth creation.
The girl in question isn't considering that she wants to live in her husband house as landlady not tennant she doesn't knw house is capital project which most men don't even embark on it until they are married and have the support of their spouse.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2015
i can't with reasons, any man that drives a car worth millions then don't invest or think about his future is a foolish man, think of it na,its so shameful, driving in a car worth millions,flaunting it around and u still live in someone's house? That's foolishness.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:
I ask because my sister before she got married to another guy rejected a suitor because according to her he drives a car worth 2million yet no investment anywhere and lives in a. Rented selfcontain where he pays 200, 000 yearly.

I actually thought it isn't a big deal until another friend of mine rejected another guy because to her he lives a fake life.
Is it wise to have no investment anywhere but live a flamboyant livestyle?

Ladies over to you, what if you meet someone who has no investment but is willing to spend so much in one day, will you date such a guy believing you can change him or leave him knowing you can't change that part of him?

To the guys can you date a girl who wears the latest designers when you know her job doesn't pay that much for her to live in such a way?

Just a 2million naira car lmaooo....
Omo nigeria sef... poverty no good sha....

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by kikelomojessy(f): 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2015
Most guys won't lay out dir plans in front of gurls, u hav to earn it, u must hav been with the same guy for somtime before u guys can start sharing dreams. I know of so many guys that drive good cars and live in a rented apartment while building their own house. Before u know it they hav moved in with their family.

Saying he used 2m to get a car, do u know how long it took him to get that car? So why expect him to build a house in a day. He might need the car for easy movement (work, visit etc) or do u think jumping from one bus to anoda dey sweet?

A friend of mine bought a car for the wife cos of his kids and says he still need to finish his house by next year.

Yahoo boys wen no get original money sef dey try get plan na person Wey dey work hard for money no go get plan.

Check most of dis celebs how many of dem hav dir own houses.

Ladies should just get to know dir guys well and see if they hav dreams or not before rushing into conclusion.
Ladies Wey dey shout dreams, how many Wey get sef? If u love the guy and plan no dey him head, tell him ur own plan and achievement and see if he will not sit up.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by steppin: 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
icebeatz:

Just a 2million naira car lmaooo....
Omo nigeria sef... poverty no good sha....
Wow! You must own a Bugatti veyron! I envy you.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
Build a house first before getting a car, be wise!
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2015
steppin:

Wow! You must own a Bugatti veyron! I envy you.

Nooo hommie... but 2million is not something I would see as a big deal.
2million cant set up a good biz, 2m cant buy u a house, 2 m cant get u a land in good area... buying a car for 2m is actually a good deal if u ask me.
Besides, if I talk the worth of my garage una go talk say I too show and I live in a rented duplex though there is an ownership plannin the working.

The girl na either heavy bush girl or serious poverty don wash am.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:
I ask because my sister before she got married to another guy rejected a suitor because according to her he drives a car worth 2million yet no investment anywhere and lives in a. Rented selfcontain where he pays 200, 000 yearly.

I actually thought it isn't a big deal until another friend of mine rejected another guy because to her he lives a fake life.
Is it wise to have no investment anywhere but live a flamboyant livestyle?

Ladies over to you, what if you meet someone who has no investment but is willing to spend so much in one day, will you date such a guy believing you can change him or leave him knowing you can't change that part of him?

To the guys can you date a girl who wears the latest designers when you know her job doesn't pay that much for her to live in such a way?
Ur sister na glutton jare. If d guy she got married to gets into any problem,wich I pray don't hapun,dis ur said sister will run away from her husband. I pray,I don't meet a female who behaves lyk ur sister.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2015
Eliba:
Build a house first before getting a car, be wise!

So, u will trek everywhere and jump molue... nawaao for people.... very myopic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Celebrates Two Years Without Sex On Facebook, What Do You Think? (photos) / Men Need To Realise That Having Money Doesn't Make Them A Catch. / 19-Year-Old Shedrack Chukwuemeka Is Missing In Oshodi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.