Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,770 members, 7,813,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? (33041 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Before You Marry A Divorcee. / Ladies, Can You Date A Guy That Drives This Type Of Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by elbinmanny(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2015
joenicewake:
Yes, I know someone who came back from Norway to Nigeria last year and he's building a house now but refuses to buy a car. Not that he doesn't have the money for a car, he simply does not want to show off. That guy i guess is a role model.
guy live that thing. In my line of biz, your appearance matters..abi na okada u expect those in construction to use meet a client? Or go to site? No serious client will give u job worth milions if you drop from an okada. For him mind him go say this one no sabi anything say him go use to project money first go buy car.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by urshawmoore(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2015
Apartments pass Apartments o....
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by ToyinDipo(m): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2015
How is this a problem?
We have different taste, some people just like quality, that's all.

So if a guy without car buys a 1.5M car today, and he's already planning for a new project after that, one girl can think his head is not correct?
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2015
elbinmanny:
I did not intend to buy a car just to be a car owner. It depends on the type of biz or career u are into, im into construction and own a mercerdes c class (for private use) and a Nissan frontier truck (for site). I live in a rented apartment cos it was neccesary.
That doesnt mean I dont wanna own my own property. It could be time or the type of house I want to erect.
I wont live my house for someone to build and wont vacate site where I make my money cos I want to build mine. Its time and what I want.
Ladies should look at prospects.
Must guys buy expensive cars to market themselves. cool
Most of these girls who lay more emphasis on what you drive are generally from poor homes and so, go gaga whenever they see what they haven't seen before.

The girl who rejected the man is well-trained and not from a poor family. Even if she does, she's from a good home.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2015
njays24:
It doesn't matter as long as he has the plans of building his own. People do it. I have a friend who lives in a 2bedroom boys quaters in opebi with her husband and 4kids,they drive nice cars,and have built two blocks of 3bedrooms flat at ikorodu and mowe,which they rented out. They are landlords living in a rented place'so it's not new.

That makes more sense, but now the next thing they can do is own a house within that opebi and be paying instalmentally
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Glowww(f): 10:56am On Mar 21, 2015
I will advice him to sell the SUV and invest the money in other biz or build a house. The money payed for house rent can be used for tangible investments. For me, a house first then a car
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by M4gunners: 10:58am On Mar 21, 2015
Shadyswag:
No I can't except if she is from a rich family and gets money from them then dat is understandable. And explains her life style
Gbam you got it.From a rich family Ok but the relationship won't go above that . Anything related to marriage is a no go area.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Some men cannot be changed. They tell you its their money and what you think doesn't matter.
And they would be correct. Your dumb, controlling, arrogant, nosy, greedy and lazy sister should concentrate on HER own investments, if she even knows the first thing about independence.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by elbinmanny(m): 11:00am On Mar 21, 2015
joenicewake:
Most of these girls who lay more emphasis on what you drive are generally from poor homes and so, go gaga whenever they see what they haven't seen before.

The girl who rejected the man is well-trained and not from a poor family. Even if she does, she's from a good home.
dont get me wrong bro. Lets assume u are a potential client. U need an engineer for a million dollar contract.
Which will u consider first,
The one on an okada?
Or the one using an suv.
Considering the fact that u dont know their capabilities yet.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by elbinmanny(m): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2015
Glowww:
I will advice him to sell the SUV and invest the money in other biz or build a house. The money payed for house rent can be used for tangible investments. For me, a house first then a car
and assuming your man is a construction engineer. He goes to bid for a job in an okada and another comes in an suv, who do u think will be considered first ?
Knowing that the job is worth millions of Naira undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Elcemento(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2015
Jarus! Jarus!! The Don Doro-book himself. Good to read your comments again. Keep the flag flying bro.Great Ife!
Jarus:
It's priority though.

However, there are societal expectations.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 21, 2015
debeo:
Your sister doesn't love the guy!
If she does SUV or no SUV, rented apartment or not. She will run to the guys house!

When if the car is 2m nko?

Do you know it takes an average of 7m to build a small 2bd?

So the guy should go and steal or build 1 house in 7 years before he marries your sister because your sister is queen Elizabeth or Tracheal or Leah?

Or should he go and live in one bush in ikorodu with snakes and wild animals as neighbours and spend 5 hours in traffic everyday just to get home and be reducing his life span? Abegi

She never wan marry

Shioooo

When there are plenty golden fishes in the ocean

Your sister who wants to marry a landlord what has she amasses for herself?

Any special reasons why the guy should marry her minus the obvious ones?
Abi? What has she got to offer except her pusssy that the man will bang a couple of times and get tired of? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 21, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

That makes more sense, but now the next thing they can do is own a house within that opebi and be paying instalmentally
I think they are comfortable being landlords in a rented apartment.

Chyket I get where you're going. Biz starts and fail which to me ispart of life. I have started a business that crumbled within 6months of which I had to start all over again and life goes on.
Now over to the topic at hand, lest say a guy recieves a contract worth 5million naira and makes 1.5million as profit. What do you suggest he does with that money especially when he has another smaller car? Continue to try othe biz or buy more cars because his kind of biz requires him to?
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by mirexxx(f): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2015
tivta:
. My sweet sister. You have a lot to learn about how men think. The summary of marrying a rich man is as follows" he who pays the piper, dictates the tune." Most ready made men are serial cheats, abusive and slave masters. They will treat women like properties that they can discard at any time and more often than not have lots of concubines. If that is the type of man you want, GOODLUCK, cause it will be a miracle to find a ready made man who will respect his wife(even if she is independent) why? Cause of the way women think like you, always putting comfort ahead of respect. Its up to you to decide what you want in a man cause as like solomon did in the bible, a wealthy man will most often than not be a cheat and polygamous.
we're expected to marry for love and not for money but men can treat us the way the like because they are richwell that's y gold diggers are everywhere.
and who told u all rich men behave that way?? comfort over respect?
so marrying a rich man now means u only need the comfort of his wealth??
babe wat are u saying?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Abi? What has she got to offer except her pusssy that the man will bang a couple of times and get tired of? Nonsense.
Abeg park well dumb fellow and read matured comments here.
Foolish ones like you may never grow because you make mundane things a priority.
Do you even know what investments is all about? Ewu
Continue foaming in the mouth while your mates are using their head.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by AmahC(m): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2015
Though it's a matter of choice, One can have a gud car, while putting up a building small small. Like me I don't believe in building a shelter in the name of answering landlord. My dear, if u have money for a good car, go for it.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by mimicious(f): 11:13am On Mar 21, 2015
AreaFada2:

You know some ladies like noisemakers.

Some guys build a house and tell nobody until they collect house keys from the builder.
$
Don't mind dem joor!!
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

Typical gullibe Nigerian
gullible witch
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by iswallker(m): 11:14am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:
I ask because my sister before she got married to another guy rejected a suitor because according to her he drives a car worth 2million yet no investment anywhere and lives in a. Rented selfcontain where he pays 200, 000 yearly.

I actually thought it isn't a big deal until another friend of mine rejected another guy because to her he lives a fake life.
Is it wise to have no investment anywhere but live a flamboyant livestyle?

Ladies over to you, what if you meet someone who has no investment but is willing to spend so much in one day, will you date such a guy believing you can change him or leave him knowing you can't change that part of him?

To the guys can you date a girl who wears the latest designers when you know her job doesn't pay that much for her to live in such a way?

contunu o

be looking for guys who ride a beetle cause they dont own a house yet.

contunu!!!
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 21, 2015
iswallker:

contunu o

be looking for guys who ride a beetle cause they dont own a house yet.

contunu!!!
Lol, just asking them to be wise in whatever decision they make. Is that too much to ask?
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by nkemdi89(f): 11:23am On Mar 21, 2015
We are all tenants in this world. What of a federal civil servants or others that the nature of their job requires regular transfer so they should build houses everywhere they go? Besides this life is too short to discomfort yourself all in the name of building houses. Had some colleagues who were landlords but never had the chance to live in their houses until the day they were buried in six feets somewhere in their compounds after all the sweats to acquire a house.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by martineverest(m): 11:25am On Mar 21, 2015
Na ppl like u dey marry wrong woman....another man with misplace prority
torhuke:
See question o.
Na her papa money or is she the one who set my priorities for me when we are not married yet?

So a man cannot drive a good car and live in a rented apartment?

Ah.

The op didn't even tell us what The guy does for a living and if his kind of work demands mobility.

I will drive a good car 1st and build my house later.

Any woman not comfortable with that should "hell 2go".
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by martineverest(m): 11:26am On Mar 21, 2015
Na ppl like u dey marry wrong woman....another man with misplace prority
torhuke:
See question o.
Na her papa money or is she the one who set my priorities for me when we are not married yet?

Ah.

The op didn't even tell us what The guy does for a living and if his kind of work demands mobility.

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:28am On Mar 21, 2015
Na wa o.

What has an SUV (which can be bought for less than a million) got to do with living a fake life?

Did you ask your sister what it takes to secure a property and build a house or buy one outright?
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by deeptesting(m): 11:30am On Mar 21, 2015
torhuke:
See question o.

Ah.

I think you are still very young.... When you get to your late 30s to 40s you will understand that it should be the other way round but what is life if you don`t live it the way you want?. I was in my late late 20s driving a Toyota Camry 2010 model(spider) and had a 2000 model Toyota Camry big light as well.. Today i am in mid 30s in my own house and driving a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder. If you give me a second chance i will live in a rented apartment, trekking and investing my money.

Having a job that pays you 6 figure income or business is not an excuse because the job is not your fathers job and someday you might be laid off and business can go wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Glowww(f): 11:33am On Mar 21, 2015
elbinmanny:
and assuming your man is a construction engineer. He goes to bid for a job in an okada and another comes in an suv, who do u think will be considered first ?
Knowing that the job is worth millions of Naira undecided
I don't clearly understand u
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by holusormi(m): 11:34am On Mar 21, 2015
U wey u dey complain, how many investment u don get ? Abi na Mumsii still dey feed u ??
Don't complain about a nigger's money if u ain't got none!!! angry
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by 400billionman: 11:38am On Mar 21, 2015
But why should ladies rate a nan by what he has ,SUV, land and bank account ?

What is the lady bringing to the table ?
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Abeg park well dumb fellow and read matured comments here.
Foolish ones like you may never grow because you make mundane things a priority.
Do you even know what investments is all about? Ewu
Continue foaming in the mouth while your mates are using their head.
What about YOUR mates? What investments are you and your fellow WOMEN making apart from latching on to hardworking men and having the audacity to tell them what to do with THEIR money based on nothing but your stinking pusssy? Any of you jobless prostitut.es masquerading as "economic advisers" can go jump in the lagoon or start YOUR own business instead of being dependent and arrogant about nothing but your tired, boring, two a penny pusssies. Damn idiattt.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by 400billionman: 11:42am On Mar 21, 2015
FitnessNigeria:
Living in a self contain flat but drives a 2 million naira car with no investment anywhere is madness and lack of vision. I will never advise any girl to marry such a person.

Some of them dey for here o. Highlander, Venza and RX 330 guys living on rented apartments..

If a guy works in a bank and lives such life, I won't blame him maybe he has no time for himself. One I know bought land but time to start building no way, he has been making payments for building materials a long time ago.

But if he is a businessman, then we should invite pastors for deliverance.
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2015
Well,Let her keep rejecting...The beauty of it is that there are options available at are disposal....buh in a case where she's 40 will she still keep on rejecting?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Drives An SUV But Lives In A Rented Self Contain? by bee444: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2015
@op, before asking any question next time, always identify with the kind of audience you're addressing your question to.

Your question seems directed to Nja babes only. Mind you, there are thousands of ladies on this forum who lives outside of our shores.

In advanced countries, your car doesn't define you. It's always a necessity to own a car and not a luxury. 80% Nigerians who owns cars rent their homes. In fact, some times, renting an apartment saves you lots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Attitudes That Cheapen You / Men Need To Realise That Having Money Doesn't Make Them A Catch. / 'if You Can't Buy Me Porsche, Stay Away'- Lady Says, But See Replies She Got

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.