Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,091 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians (28908 Views)

Economy: PDP Asks Buhari To Resign, And Nigerians React (screenshots) / Enugu: Arase Orders Detention Of Policeman Involved In Massacre / Breaking News : Amaechi Urges Army Chief Not To Send Igbo Soldiers To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by IVORY2009(m): 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2015
olas24u:

I know about all what you are saying ,but it is not in all schools and i have posted, to you a writeup on it.

lol young lady, now you can agree with me, grassio senorita.

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Keegan: 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
polite2:
.PDP and IBOs asking for buhari's role during. de civil. war are de most gullible Nigerians I ve ever heard. Of.

why didn't they ask OBJ his role in. de same war, but voted for him twice .

vote wisely.

You want to kill them? Ask OBJ what again?! They can't. They are just online making noise, nothing they can do. Awon omo irankiran.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Arysexy(m): 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
Demmzy15:

I didn't abuse you, so I would like you to respect that fact! Were all the Ibo officers executed?! Femi Fani-Kayode said 300 of them were killed, so are you trying to tell me that ibos had only 300 soldiers?! Moreover, the soldiers killed would have one way or the other be involved in the coup! Even Yorubas who were involved were killed. What angered the Nigerian Army was that when Ironsi toke over, he refused to punish the coup plotters. He was indirectly supporting them, he never passed judgement on them.

5 officers can't execute a coup alone, maybe the 300 were part of the coup. They brought it upon themselves, the civilians who were killed was totally outrageous! The people who did this were the angry mobs who saw the ibos in their land as infidels, I totally condemn this. But for some hypocrite whose father was saved by the Northern officers to come and be blabbing sh+t is annoying!

I will recommend some books for u. Read with open mind, the Nigeria revolution and biafra war by madiebo, my command by obasanjo, there was a country by achebe.

Pick any of these and read.

Guess chinua Achebe also was involved in d coup, go and read How He escaped to d east from lagos, thrice He missed death, igbos were hunted from all around.

Guess the civilians were also involved according to ur warped logic.

Maybe Nigeria army should start kiling civilians in baga, maidugri etc. What ought to be a military issue was trasnfered to innocent civilians, and bastards like u are here giving excuses.

Please don't reply me again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by ichidodo: 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
Etinosajay:

My friend shut up. You talk like an id1ot
Typical APC Attack Dog chihuahua ..GOD bless you for the insult, my son.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Keegan: 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
ichidodo:
He's a murderer..look at Gloria Iyamah and her two daughters..

If you carry drug from 2016 you're going to be killed, enough is enough. You people should stop giving Nigeria bad names. You're warned!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Demmzy15(m): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2015
Arysexy:

I will recommend some books for u. Read with open mind, the Nigeria revolution and biafra war by madiebo, my command by obasanjo, there was a country by achebe.

Pick any of these and read.

Guess chinua Achebe also was involved in d coup, go and read How He escaped to d east from lagos, thrice He missed death, igbos were hunted from all around.

Guess the civilians were also involved according to ur warped logic.

Maybe Nigeria army should start kiling civilians in baga, maidugri etc. What ought to be a military issue was trasnfered to innocent civilians, and bastards like u are here giving excuses.

Please don't reply me again.
Go and watch, "the history of Nigeria" on YouTube to get a video and pictorial message!
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by ichidodo: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
Keegan:
[s]

If you carry drug from 2016 you're going to be killed, enough is enough. You people should stop giving Nigeria bad names. You're warned![/s]

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Keegan: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
owobokiri:
This is one crime against humanity that must be revisted. Even after he must have been thourouly and totally annihilated in the polls, we are going to chase this desert iguana down to Daura and force him to explain his heineous role in those massacers. This shouldn't be swept under the carpet any more. It is because a lot of people have moved on, that's why one haughty but empty buhari is till around fouling the political space with his criminally nauseating presence. Hague beckons. This war criminal must answer some basic questions.

Are you just regained your sanity?
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by jpphilips(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari, the past will continue to haunt you. You committed many atrocities in the past. You joined the Army without certificate, you killed Igbos and Yorubas in the 1966 counter-coup. You violated human rights when you were head of state in 1984, you incited ur followers to kill corpers in Bauchi in 2011.

We have not forgotten.

It is only a dumb person like you will take Kayode seriously.

The Asaba massacre was ochestrated by Murtala Muhammed not Buhari.
After the massacre, he crossed over to Onitsha through the river niger and looted the Onitsha main market and set it ablaze afterwards.

Ojukwu responded by dispatching his hit man Col. Achuzie who orders was "Murtala must die" , in a bid to avoid an open confrontation with Murtala who is ladden with superior fire power, he laid ambush for him at Abagana en route Enugu with a biafran scientist whom at the time has discovered an improvised mine bomb nicknamed "the ogbunigwe".

With Ogbunigwe blazing left , right and centre on Murtala's convoy and his error of placing a tanker ladden with petroleum product in the convoy, 150 out 200 of his men was roasted alive, miraculously, Murtala escaped the inferno.

Ojukwu's retaliatory hit on Murtala for the Asaba massacre was dubbed the famous "Abagana massacre" any sound history student knows this except you and Fani Kayode.

Shame on you both for skipping history classes and trying to rewrite our history.

Bigger shame on Kayode because he forgot that the death of those Igbo officers was a catalyst to the war, how dare him raise old wounds to score cheap electoral gains?

Can he as a bad student of history stand another civil war in Nigeria? where was he when the war was fought? hidding behind women I guess.

People like you are so stvpid not to know how these inflammatory statements can destroy us, Kayode should be locked up ASAP.

Why is he asking Buhari his role in a war, is he not a soldier? Kayode forgot that the truce of "No victor no vanquished " was reached on that conflict, his statement is treasonable.

Can he hold Asari Dokubo liable for Okoloma pipeline after the FG has declared Amnesty?

Fani Kayode is a non living thing and should not be taken seriously, only f00ls like you think otherwise.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Bruteforce1o1: 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
By Femi Fani-Kayode
Permit me to make my second and final contribution to the raging debate about Lagos, who owns it and the seemingly endless tensions that exist between the Igbo and the Yoruba. It is amazing how one or two of the numerous nationalities that make up Nigeria secretly wish that they were Yoruba and consistently lay claim to Lagos as being partly theirs. Have they forgotten where they came from?
I have never heard of a Yoruba wanting to give the impression to the world that he is an Igbo, an Ijaw, an Efik or a Hausa-Fulani or claiming that he is a co-owner of Port Harcourt, Enugu, Calabar, Kano or Kaduna. Yet more often than not, some of those that are not of Yoruba extraction but that have lived in Lagos for some part of their lives have tried to claim that they are bonafide Lagosians and honorary members of the Yoruba race. Clearly it is time for us to answer the nationality question.
Dr Alex Ekwueme, Chief Achike Udenwa, Dr Samuel Egwu, Senator Ben Obi and Others during an Igbo Summit
Dr Alex Ekwueme, Chief Achike Udenwa, Dr Samuel Egwu, Senator Ben Obi and Others during an Igbo Summit
These matters have to be settled once and for all. Lagos and the South-west are the land and the patrimony of the Yoruba and we will not allow anyone, no matter how fond of them we may be, to take it away from us or share it with us in the name of ’’being nice’’, ’’patriotism’’, ’’one Nigeria’’ or anything else.
The day that the Yoruba are allowed to lay claim to exactly the same rights and privileges that the indigenous people in non-Yoruba states and zones enjoy and the day they can operate freely and become commissioners and governors in the Niger Delta states, the North, the Middle-Belt and the South-east, we may reconsider our position. But, until then, we shall not do so. Lagos is not a ’’no-man’s land’’ but the land and heritage of the Yoruba people. Others should not try to claim what is not theirs.
I am not involved in this debate for fun or for political gain and I am not participating in it to play politics but rather to speak the truth, to present the relevant historical facts to those that wish to learn and to educate the uninformed. That is why I write without fear or favour and that is why I intend to be thoroughly candid and brutally frank in this essay.
And I am not too concerned or worried about what anyone may think or how they may feel about what I am about to say because I am a servant of truth and the truth must be told no matter how bitter it is and no matter whose ox is gored. That truth is as follows.
The Yoruba, more than any other nationality in this country in the last 100 years, have been far too accommodating and tolerant when it comes to their relationship with other nationalities in this country and this is often done to their own detriment.
That is why some of our Igbo brothers can make some of the sort of asinine remarks and contributions that a few of them have been making in this debate both in the print media and in numerous social media portals and networks ever since Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola ‘’deported’’ 19 Igbo destitute to Anambra State a while ago. In the last 80 years, the Igbo have been shown more generosity, accommodation, warmth and kindness and given more opportunities and leverage by the Yoruba than they have been offered by ANY other ethnic group in Nigeria. This is a historical fact.
The Yoruba do not have any resentment for the Igbo and we have allowed them to do in our land and our territory what they have never allowed us to do in theirs. This has been so for 80 long years and it is something that we are very proud of. As I said elsewhere recently, to be accommodating and generous is a mark of civilisation and it comes easily to people like the Yoruba who once ruled empires.
It does not come so easily to those who never had any history at all and who never even had monarchs or structured, properly-organised hierachial societies that placed value on tradition and culture. The reason why many of our people take strong exception to the apparent outrage of the Igbo over this ‘’deportation’’ issue and the provocative comments of my friend and brother Chief Orji Uzor Kalu when he described Lagos as being a ‘’no man’s land’’ is because the Igbo have not only taken us for granted but they have also taken liberty for licence.
Trouble in the North
We cannot be expected to tolerate or accept that sort of irreverant and unintelligent rubbish simply because we still happen to believe in ‘’one Nigeria’’ and we will not sacrifice our rights or prostitute our principles on the altar of that ‘’one Nigeria’’. Whether Nigeria is one or not, what is ours is ours and no-one should test our resolve or make any mistake about that.
‘’One Nigeria’’ yes, but no-one should spit in our faces or covet our land, our treasure, our success, our history, our virtues, our being and our heritage and attempt to claim those for themselves simply because we took them in on a rainy day.
It is that same attitude of ‘’we own everything’’, ‘’we must have everything’’ and ‘’we must control everything’’ that the Igbo settlers manifested in the northern region in the late 50s and early and mid-60s that got them into so much trouble up there with the Hausa-Fulani and that eventually led to the pogrom in which almost one hundred thousand of them were killed in just a few days.
Again it is that same attitude that they manifested in Lagos and the Western Region in the late ’30s and the early and mid-40s that alienated the Yoruba from them, that led to the establishment of the Action Group in April, 1951 and that resulted in the narrow defeat of Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe in the Western Regional elections of December, 1951. As a matter of fact, they were the ones that FIRST introduced tribalism into southern politics in 1945 with the unsavoury comments of Mr. Charles Dadi Onyeama who was a member of the Central Legislative Council representing Enugu and who said at the Igbo State Union address that ‘’the domination of Nigeria and Africa by the Igbo is only a matter of time’’.
This comment made in that explosive and historic speech did more damage to southern Nigerian unity than any other in the entire history of our country and everything changed from that moment. To make matters worse, in July 1948, Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe made his own openly tribal and incendiary speech, again at the Igbo State Union, in which he spoke about the ‘’god of the Igbo’’ eventually giving them the leadership of Nigeria and Africa.
These careless and provocative words cost him dearly and put a nail in the coffin of the NCNC in the Western Region. This was despite the fact that that same NCNC, which was easily the largest and most powerful political party in Nigeria at the time, had been founded and established by a great and illustrious son of the Yoruba by the name of Mr. Herbert Macaulay.
Macaulay, like most of the Yoruba in his day, saw no tribe and he happily handed the leadership of the party over to Azikiwe, an Igbo man, in 1945 when he was on his dying bed. How much more can the Yoruba do than that when it comes to being blind to tribe? Can there be any greater evidence of our total lack of racial prejudice and tribal sentiments than that? If the NCNC had been founded and established by an Igbo man, would he have handed the whole thing over to a Yoruba on his death bed? I doubt it very much.
Not mere traders
Again when northern military officers mutineed, effected their ‘’revenge coup’’ and went to kill the Igbo military Head of State, General Aguiyi-Ironsi, on July 29, 1966 in the old Western Region, his host, the Yoruba, Col. Fajuyi (who was military Governor of the Western Region at the time), insisted that they would have to kill him first before taking Aguiyi-Ironsi’s life and the northern officers (led by Major T.Y. Danjuma as he then was) promptly obliged him by slaughtering him before killing Aguiyi-Ironsi. How many Igbos know about that and how many times in our history have they made such sacrifices for the Yoruba? Would Aguiyi-Ironsi, or any other Igbo officer, have stood for Fajuyi, or any other Yoruba officer, and sacrificed his life for him in the same way that Fajuyi did had the roles been reversed?
I doubt it very much. Yet instead of being grateful, the Igbo continuously run us down, blame us for all their woes, envy our educational advantages and resent us deeply for our ability to excel in the professions and commerce. Unlike them, we are not mere traders but we were (and still are) major industrialists and investors and when it comes to the professions, we were producing lawyers, doctors, accountants and university graduates at least three generations before they ever did.
That is the bitter truth and they have been trying to catch up with us ever since. For example, the first Yoruba lawyer Christopher Alexander Sapara Williams was called to the English Bar in 1879 whilst the first Igbo lawyer, Sir Louis Mbanefo, was called to the English bar in 1937. Again the first Yoruba medical practitioner, Dr. Nathaniel King, graduated in 1875 from the University of Edinburgh whilst the first Igbo medical practitioner, Dr. Akannu Ibiam, graduated from another Scottish University in 1935.
Suspicion
Despite all these and all that they have been through over the years and despite their terrible experiences in the civil war, we are witnessing that same attitude of ‘’we must control all’’, ‘’we must own all’’ and ‘’we must have all’’ rearing its ugly head again today when it comes to their attitude to the issue of the deportation from Lagos State and when you consider the comments of the Orji Kalus of this world about the Igbo supposedly ’’owning Lagos’’ with the Yoruba and supposedly ’’generating 55 per cent of the state’s revenue’’. It is most insulting.
And I must say that it is wrong and unfair for anyone to lay the blame for the perenniel suspicion and underlying tensions that lie between the two nationalities on the Yoruba because there is simply no evidence to substantiate such an allegation. We are not the problem, they are.
Pray, tell me, in the whole of Nigeria, who treated the Igbo better than the Yoruba after the civil war and who gave them somewhere to run to where they could regain all their ‘’abandoned property’’ and feel at home again? Who encouraged them to return to Lagos and the west and who saved the jobs that they held before the civil war for them to come back to when the war ended? No other tribe or nationality did all that for them in the country- only the Yoruba did so.
And the people of the old Mid-West and the Eastern minorities (who make up the zone that is collectively known as the ‘’South-south’ today) have always viewed them with suspicion, have always feared them and have always resented them deeply.
From the foregoing, any objective observer can tell that we the Yoruba have always played our part when it comes to accommodating others. This is particularly so when it comes to the Igbo who we have always had a soft spot for and who we have always regarded as brothers and sisters. It is time that those ‘’others’’ also play their part by acquiring a little more humility, by knowing and accepting their place in the scheme of things and by desisting from giving the impression that they own our territory or that they made us what we are.
Igbo firsts
Now let us look at a few historical facts and one or two more Igbo ‘’firsts’ that many may not be familiar with to butress the point. The Igbo people were the FIRST to carry out a failed coup on the night of Jan 15, 1966 under the leadership of Major Emmanuel Ifeajuna, Major Chukuma Kaduna Nzeogwu, Major Christian Anuforo, Capt. Ben Gbulie, Major Timothy Onwatuegwu, Major Donatus Okafor, Capt. Ude, Capt. Emmanuel Nwobosi, Captain Udeaja, Lt. Okafor, Lt. Okocha, Lt. Anyafulu, Lt. Okaka, Lt. Ezedigbo, Lt. Amunchenwa, Lt. Nwokedi, 2nd Lt. J.C. Ojukwu, 2nd Lt. Ngwuluka, 2nd Lt. Ejiofor, 2nd Lt. Egbikor, 2nd Lt. Igweze, 2nd Lt. Onyefuru, 2nd Lt. Nwokocha, 2nd Lt. Azubuogu and 2nd Lt. Nweke in which they drew FIRST blood and openly slaughtered and butchered leading politicians and army officers from EVERY single zone in the country except their own.
I should also mention that even though this was clearly an Igbo coup, there was one Yoruba officer who was amongst the ringleaders by the name of Major Adewale Ademoyega. It was a very bloody night indeed. Amongst those killed were the Prime Minister, Sir Tafawa Balewa, the Premier of the Western Region, Chief S.L. Akintola, the Premier of the Northern Region, Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Federal Minister of Finance, Chief Festus Okotie-Eboh, Brigadier Zakari Maimalari, Brigadier Samuel Ademulegun, Colonel Ralph Shodeinde, Lt . Colonel James Yakubu Pam, Lt. Colonel Abogo Largema and numerous others. They did not just kill these reverred and respected leaders but in some cases they mocked, tortured and maimed them before doing so, took pictures of their dead and mutilated bodies and killed their wives and children as well.
For weeks after these horrific acts were carried out, the Igbo people rejoiced and celebrated them in the streets and markets of the North, openly displaying pictures and posters of the Sardauna’s mutilated body with Nzeogwu’s boot on his neck, loudly playing a famous and deeply offensive anti-northern song in which northerners were compared to goats and listening to it on their radios, jubilating that they had brought an end to what they described as ‘’northern rule and Islamic domination’’ and openly boasting that they themselves would now ‘’rule Nigeria forever’’. Though the first coup failed, the matter did not end there.
At gun point
The very next day after the Jan.15 mutiny and butchery had failed and did not result in Ifeajuna taking power in Lagos, The Igbo people set their ‘’Plan B’’ in motion and they were the FIRST to carry out a successful coup in Nigeria just one day later on Jan. 17 1966.
This was when the Igbo Major-General J.T.U. Aguiyi-Ironsi (who was Supreme Commander of the Nigerian Army and who had inexplicably and suspiciously not been murdered by the young Igbo officers in their violent mutiny and killing spree the night before), in collusion with the Igbo Acting President Nwafor Orizu and the entire Igbo political leadership of that day, invited the remnants of Sir Tafawa Balewa’s cabinet to a closed-door meeting, threatened their lives and took power from them at the point of gun.
Aguiyi-Ironsi did not just ask them to give him power but he took it from them by force by telling them that he could not guarantee their safety if they refused to do so. Meanwhile Orizu point blank refused to do his duty as Acting President and swear in Zana Bukar Dipcharimma as the Acting Prime Minster when the members of the cabinet and the British Ambassador (who was also at the meeting) implored him to do so since by that time there was a power vacuum because the Prime Minister, Sir Tafawa Balewa, had gone missing and had probably been murdered.
It was in these very suspicious circumstances and as a consequence of this murky and deep-seated Igbo conspiracy that General Aguiyi-Ironsi came to power. Amongst those that were present at that famous ‘’meeting’’ that are still alive today are Alhaji Maitama Sule, Chief Richard Akinjide and President Shehu Shagari who were all Ministers in Balewa’s cabinet. Those that doubt the veracity of my account of this meeting would do well to ask any of them exactly what transpired during that encounter.
Yet the seeming success of the conspiracy was short-lived. Only six months later, on July 29 1966, General Aguiyi-Ironsi and no less than 300 Igbo army officers reaped the consequences of their actions and plot when they were all slaughtered in just one night during the northern officers revenge coup which was led by Lt. Colonel Murtala Mohammed, Major Abba Kyari, Captain Martins Adamu, Major T.Y. Danjuma, Major Musa Usman, Captain Joseph Garba, Captain Shittu Alao, Captain Baba Usman, Captain Gibson S.Jalo and Captain Shehu Musa Yar’Adua as they then were.
Lt. Colonel Yakubu Gowon was put in power by this group after that and a few weeks later between September 29th 1966 and the middle of October of that same year, approximately 50,000 Igbo civilians were attacked and slaughtered in a series of horrendous pogroms in the north by violent northern mobs as a reprisal for the killing of the northern leaders, including Sir Ahmadu Bello, the Sarduana of Sokoto, by Major Nzeogwu, Major Ifejuna and other junior Igbo officers on the night of Jan. 15, 1966.
Please note that despite the fact that a number of Yoruba leaders were killed on that night as well, no Igbo civilians were massacred anywhere in the west by mobs in reprisal killings throughout that period.
The Igbos understandably left the North in droves after those terrible pogroms and fled back to the East from whence they came. And perhaps that would have been the end of the story but for the fact that they also declared secession and sought to dismember Nigeria.
They then made their biggest mistake of all by provoking a full scale military conflict with Nigeria when they launched a vicious and unprovoked attack against the rest of the South by conscripting the eastern minorities , overwhelming the Mid-West and attacking Yorubaland in an attempt to capture and enslave it.
Thankfully they were stopped in their tracks by the gallant efforts and courageous fighting skills of Colonel Benjamin Adekunle’s Third Marine Commando (which was primarily a Yoruba force) and who repulsed them, stopped them from entering the Western Region, drove them out of the Mid-West, forced them back into the East, defeated them in battle after battle and eventually brought them down to their knees and forced them to surrender to the Federal forces in Enugu in 1969.
The Igbo and their Biafra fought Nigeria and killed Nigerians for three hard and long years in that brutal civil war in which over one million courageous, loyal and faithful sons and daughters of the Federal Republic lost their lives at the war front trying to stop the Biafrans from succeeding from the federation, from taking our land.
*[size=14pt]Fani-Kayode is a former aviation minister[/size]

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/the-bitter-truth-about-the-igbos/#sthash.tHkTDzmu.dpuf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by koladebrainiac(m): 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
Arysexy:

I ought not to reply u cos it's obvious u are either daft or just ignorant.

The massacre was before d war, ewu. The selective killing of igbo soldiers by Buhari and cohorts resulted to d secession and war.

Again go and read history

But if you are very vast in law of logic. You will know that there is law of #cause n effect,action and reaction. Who first carried out selective killings? Was igbo not the one invaded all the government at all level? I even watch this #movie, by adichie . Igbo caused the war and now playing the victim. Please if u want to be biased I understand . Its typical of u guys to do so. We all read history and don't just come here and distort the history
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by jpphilips(m): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
olas24u:
He knows we dont teach history in our schools and he his trying rewrite history

You can only speak for yourself, when your mates were attending history classes, you were busy looking for boys to get pregnant for.
You see your life?
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by TheMadame(f): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
bunmioguns:
This party called pdp just dey vex me everyday

embarassed embarassed

Just ignore them and vote wisely on saturday. Voting for change is the only way to silence them permanently.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by babeface3: 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
You dont know jack about command responsibility which has hitherto been used used to nail many military personnel even at the ICC. What do you mean junior officer? He is answerable to his sins. Do you read about wars at all?
Eluwilussit:
I don't care how many Igbos he killed during the crisis. At that point, Buhari was not in charge and took orders from his superiors. As much as I hate Buhari, as APC's presidential candidate, I don't support whipping up tribal sentiments based on the account of the crisis.

At the time in question, anything Buhari did, was in tune with the time. There was war. Most war stories are propaganda.

I judge Buhari as head of state. I judge him from then till now. In my score card, Buhari's score is in the negative. If we have to go to his activities during the nigerian-biafran crisis, then we are not being fair to Buhari and to nigerians.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by thewarrior72: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
Buhari is a terrorists & a pedo-phile like prophet MUHAMMED, piss shit mess be upon him grin tongue cheesy
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by sule5727: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pdp-asks-buhari-to-clarify-role-in-massacre-of-300-igbo-soldiers-civilians/204638/
I'm so much disappointed! Pdp is my party but y nw all dis? were are u ppl in 2011...pls go out and nigeria wat u ll offer us election is jst by corner nw u are coming out to tell us dis!! U ppl are making apc presidential candidate more popular everyday...why pdp !! I ll still vote for d ppl general
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by babeface3: 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
Baldadah! people should at times listen to themselves
koladebrainiac:
I was at under bridhge Ojuelegba last friday listening to People discussing politics. Even after the news paper vendors have closed. I was just going from group to group listening to who they are supporting. I was impressed with whom they are supporting-Buhari. One ibo guy was even supporting buhari and I was like nna mehn ! In my office,headoffice inside busses n in the market people are angry ,hating Jonathan n pdp. Its only my brother who feel indifferent against buhari-imagine. I tried my best to convince him, he always saying buhari is a Muslim so he won't vote for muslim. I told him, Egbon,I want #change but later I discovered why he actually don't want Buhari- he is mechanical engineer who specialize in installing Big generators,industrial generator,shipping generators n any kinds of Big big gen. For him, its good that electricity is bad so people will buy more generators n he thinks Jonathan n PDP won't improve electricity in the next years to come. So he will still be in business.SMH. For that he won't vote someone whom seem likely to improve electricity . Imagine that
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by stan241(m): 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
And my igbo brothers will read this and scream Buhari is a terrorist...FFK is a very naughty and cunny man for using the asaba massacre as a campaign tactic now watch the lazy journalists flash this as headline tommorow...even if i wasn't born then i read Achebe's war memoirs and I'm literate enough to know that FFK is nothing but a paranoid man...to all those who have believed this thrash especially my igbo brothers pls Achebe's "There was a country" is less than 2k get a copy and don't let ethnic bigots re-write our history all in the name of elections
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by OneNaira6: 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
Demmzy15:

I didn't abuse you, so I would like you to respect that fact! Were all the Ibo officers executed?! Femi Fani-Kayode said 300 of them were killed, so are you trying to tell me that ibos had only 300 soldiers?! Moreover, the soldiers killed would have one way or the other be involved in the coup! Even Yorubas who were involved were killed. What angered the Nigerian Army was that when Ironsi toke over, he refused to punish the coup plotters. He was indirectly supporting them, he never passed judgement on them.

5 officers can't execute a coup alone, maybe the 300 were part of the coup. They brought it upon themselves, the civilians who were killed was totally outrageous! The people who did this were the angry mobs who saw the ibos in their land as infidels, I totally condemn this. But for some hypocrite whose father was saved by the Northern officers to come and be blabbing sh+t is annoying!

Likewise northerners committed a coup where Buhari jailed an house arrested the president while jailing the Igbo vice president. Few days ago, he buhari denied being involved with the coup but rather he was appointed presidency by the military after the coup. Buhari never persecuted the coup plotters so what's the difference? Abeg tell us another story.

Btw: spare us the story civilians were jubilating over the leaders death. For years now, people have been asking proof of this statement and still now, we've yet to get any form of evidence supporting una propaganda. Considering we are currently watching northerners blaming GEJ and in the beginning south individuals living up north for the tragedy BH is doing up there, I'm beginning to doubt any form of "save stories" justifying their blood thirsty tendencies
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by ochoi(m): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
In 1967 civil war, Buhari was young nd junior soldier who did exactly wht he had 2 do as a soldier 2 protect his country nd by d way y didn't ffk direct d question 2 Gowon rather dan 2 buhari?secondly d igbos dt were killed were they innocent nd unharmed or they were fighters? Pdp shld stop ds dangerous division of our country alone tribal nd religious line jst because of election.

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Toktee(m): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2015
midolian:
Buhari shall be sworn in on the 29th of May by the grace of God...then, my dear friend, SeverusSnape will shed blood instead of tears....And then, it won't undo what is done.
thank you

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by TruthPower: 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
SmartChoices:
Ffk should explain his role in fathering ojukwu's children via Bianca!

Though not true; but are you against One who produced life versus the other who took life
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by kay1one2(m): 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
midolian:
Buhari shall be sworn in on the 29th of May by the grace of God...then, my dear friend, SeverusSnape will shed blood instead of tears....And then, it won't undo what is done.

Don't wake up! Keep dreaming!

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Toktee(m): 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
olas24u:

He was a junior officer back then and was not at that level of authority ,it is all a lie
now i can read a reasonable coment,GOD BLESS U SWEET.
I wonder y some people reason with their anuss.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by sethken: 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
polite2:
.PDP and IBOs asking for buhari's role during. de civil. war are de most gullible Nigerians I ve ever heard. Of.

why didn't they ask OBJ his role in. de same war, but voted for him twice .

vote wisely.

Why did Buhari imprison Alex Ekwueme at Kirikiri, and held Shehu Shagari under house arrest in his villa in Sokoto. Ekwueme was only deputizing, Shagari was at the helm of the said corruption Buhoori gave as a reason for toppling Shagari? Doesn't make sense. Shagari is a Northern brother, and Ekwueme is a bloody Igbo. Classic Buhari.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by EJanni(f): 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
"under general BUHARI we saw a perfectly egoistical dictatorship, we witnessed a period when the cries of the innocent were ignored in a carapace of indifference and vulgar cynicism, we watched justice debased to tokenism and cynical symbolism, we watched the vertiginous rise of scapegoatism, citizens were brutalized and the judiciary was emasculated".
forward ever! never again should we allow history to repeat itself. PEACE!
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Toktee(m): 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pdp-asks-buhari-to-clarify-role-in-massacre-of-300-igbo-soldiers-civilians/204638/
Direct the question and your frustration to General Gawon,he was the one that fought the criminals.

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Demmzy15(m): 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
OneNaira6:

Likewise northerners committed a coup where Buhari jailed an house arrested the president while jailing the Igbo vice president. Few days ago, he buhari denied being involved with the coup but rather he was appointed presidency by the military after the coup. Buhari never persecuted the coup plotters so tell us another story.

Btw: spare us the story civilians were jubilating over the leaders death. For years now, people have been asking proof of this statement and still now, we've yet to get any form of evidence supporting una propaganda. Considering we are watching northerners blaming GEJ and I'm the beginning south individuals living up north for the tragedy BH is doing up there, I'm beginning to doubt any form of "save stories" justifying their blood thirsty tendencies
I don't know whether Buhari was there or not! So I'm not answering about his involvement in the coup

You said he jailed Chief Alex but placed Shagari on house arrest(!?). Buhari was not responsible for the sentencing, the TRIBUNALS was! The TRIBUNALS consisted of Hausa, Ibo and yoruba judges, the TRIBUNALS passed the judgments not Buhari. So you are caught lying again, if you have any problems, write a petition against the TRIBUNALS.

Moreover, the TRIBUNALS jailed enough Northerners. Buhari even went to the extent of trying to kidnap his fellow MUSLIM NORTHERNER(Umaru Dikko) to face corruption charges! I didn't like that step but it clearly refutes your sick arguments, let's face fact. He is winning the election and you can't deal with but rather you're trying to console yourself.

Better embrace the breeze of change!
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Toktee(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
sethken:

Why did Buhari imprison Alex Ekwueme at Kirikiri, and held Shehu Shagari under house arrest in his villa in Sokoto. Ekwueme was only deputizing, Shagari was at the helm of the said corruption Buhoori gave as a reason for toppling Shagari? Doesn't make sense. Shagari is a Northern brother, and Ekwueme is a bloody Igbo. Classic Buhari.
i thought you want to said,shagari was pardon while ekwueme was sent to jail,since you are good at history,why don't you state what sent them to jail individually for all to know?
What was ekwueme's offence and that of shagari?
Dnt mind my English,just answer the question
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Demmzy15(m): 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
sethken:

Buhari wasn't the judge, the TRIBUNALS made the judgement. Tribunals had judges, so if you have any questions meet the judge if the TRIBUNALS. Stop blowing rumours!
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by jpphilips(m): 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2015
anonimi:

You are a lost cause.
Issue based, did you say? Let's try on security only:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2035028_buhari_jpeg124530d5bd433c751b175a8e21349689

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193460_buharifaultsbokoclampdown_jpega413ed39790bd6df7c30d3a27da2352c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2197070_stopkillingbokoharammembers2_jpeg5f078169b2de9f9501c7a9bbf6933c41

You want more issue based than what has ALREADY been done here and elsewhere, please let me know- just state the particular issue and I can compare Buhari's record to Jonathan's record clearly showing that Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy ahead of his daft old pensioner competitor.

Which pipeline was vandalized recently that we don't know about? people are saying they don't have money again to import products and you are talking nonsense!, how can you expect me to spend 450m on a product that 320m used to buy because you devalued the naira?

I continue telling Nigerians, by the time Jonathan is done with their ars@, they will regret Jonathan 2019.
It is clear that the nation needs to start afresh but we must punish the culprits at the polls, the government's austerity measures is suffocating and the masses think its cool!!

How can you have kids studying abroad and you want to vote Jonathan, are you insane? what devalued the naira? shortage of FOREX
where does our FOREX come from? Sale of Oil, under Jonathan 400,000bbls of this oil is stolen daily worth $46,000,000 when oil was $115.
Jonathan had the temerity to award a security pipeline contract of $1.3b to Tompolo who is part of the theft, can you imagine the wickedness of this man?
Tompolo got his $1.3b in 2011, yet millitary got theirs in 2014 after boko has killed over 13,000 Nigerians? Is jonathan not wicked? are you guys ok! how can you vote poverty on your counscience? Let the Abuja big boys vote him, let us see how many votes he will get, yet the poor people who will soon become armed robbers and prost!tutes are shouting Sai Jonathan!! shame on your souls!!

Other oil producing countries saved at the time reason they are not complaining much, Russia saved $480b, their only achilles heel is their EU sanction.

Norway saved $780b, they are not complaining, Saudi Arabia saved $920b, depleted to $760b they are not complaining, Iran could not save because they were funding several terrorists organizations with their wealth, in cohort with Qatar, Nigeria decided to deplete the ECA and Foreign reserve, that is the genesis of this mess and we say SAI Jonathan? Why did the governors demand for their share of the ECA, because Jonathan was misappropriating it, several personal withdrawals from the account was proved in court.
Under OBJ nobody touched that account, that was how we survived drop in oil price as low as $38, Jonathan is $60, right now and Nigeria is on fire, can't you guys see?

You are an importer getting dollars at 225 naira and you say jonathan 2019? you are a m0r0n.
By the end of 2015 if Jonathan continues, most of the students here will drop out because your parents will lose their jobs, I am firing three next month and a lot of people are doing the same, you guys have no idea what is going to happen by this year end.

let me give you the history, oil price down, devalued naira, shortage of fuel, removal of all subsidies including HIV drugs, do you guys know where austerity measures end? food shortages.

You are a student and you want to vote Jonathan, sorry for you because when the government is running budget deficit like now, salaries will be owed and your lecturers will go on strike, cant you see?

If you took any loan bank , office or cooperative loan, with a devalued currency, you are in for an upward review of your interest rate, and some people think it is cool to be shouting GEJ 2019, those people deserve to be shot without trial grin

All government funded subsidies will disappear, if you have HIV, just save for your burial because in rivers state now, they are stranded, the ones supplied by the Americans can no longer go round, cant you guys see?

We must punish PDP at the polls, why are you scared of Buhari, are you a thief? the undisciplined and the thieves don't want buhari, while you a nobody is singing their praise, what are you scared of?
Anytime you fall in love with Jonathan ask yourself? what do you have to lose?

We are already down with Jonathan, we cannot fear any worse.

Buhari is not a jesus but Jonathan must be punished for this mess, he should be held responsible and accountable for this mess, How can Jonathan approve austerity measures for Nigerians while he could not cut his feeding budget and you guys think its ok!!

He flies 9 private jets and you don't even have a tokumbo car shouting SAI jonathan?

Crude price is down and you think Jonathan is not responsible are you daft? how about saving and appreciating the naira when it was high so that as it goes down, it won't be this low?

jonathan is a walking disgrace if you support Jonathan and you are rich, benefitting from this government, you are wise, if you are an average Nigerian who is gonna face this austerity measures and still support his presidency, you are a f00l and a m0r0n, shaken together and runneth over.

This election has exposed one thing, Nigerians are very bad people, they are willing to stand and die for evil, the next hitler will be a Nigerian, mark my words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by ebukaOtika(m): 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I've said this times without number, [size=14pt]Buhari IS A BLOOD THIRSTY MANIAC[/size]
He is a war criminal who killed helpless women and children of Biafra. **crying**
Can't you see the atrocities he committed are still haunting him?... How does Buhari sleep at night?.

If you can remember where KYLE XY DO SLEEP ,.,,, THATS WHERE THE OLD MAN SLEEPS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Moves To Stop Pdp’s Plot For Senate President / Joe Igbokwe On Channels TV, Trends On Twitter / Ahmed Indimi And Teddy Guema, Vice President Of Guinea Crack Jokes (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.