Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians (28899 Views)

Economy: PDP Asks Buhari To Resign, And Nigerians React (screenshots) / Enugu: Arase Orders Detention Of Policeman Involved In Massacre / Breaking News : Amaechi Urges Army Chief Not To Send Igbo Soldiers To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
zendy:

Shut up. There was no war when Buhari and co killed over 300 eastern officers in the middle of 1966. The war started in 1967
Was there a war on 15 January 1966 when Ifeajuna, Nzeogwu, Anufuro, Okafor, Ademoyega, Gbulie, etc killed northern and western soldiers and politicians as well as some of their wives?
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by cjrane: 6:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari, the past will continue to haunt you. You committed many atrocities in the past. You joined the Army without certificate, you killed Igbos and Yorubas in the 1966 counter-coup. You violated human rights when you were head of state in 1984, you incited ur followers to kill corpers in Bauchi in 2011.

We have not forgotten.
Buhari is a bigot.

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
Buhari you did what? shocked
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by wordcat(m): 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
polite2:
.PDP and IBOs asking for buhari's role during. de civil. war are de most gullible Nigerians I ve ever heard. Of.

why didn't they ask OBJ his role in. de same war, but voted for him twice .

vote wisely.

I am surprised that some children bought this Fani Kayode's propaganda.

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by ldpele(m): 7:13pm On Mar 22, 2015
SmartChoices:
Ffk should explain his role in fathering ojukwu's children via Bianca!
you can as well tell us how your father wasted all his money sending you to school with u earning your certificate
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by DeBakson(m): 7:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
This post is nothin but nonesense, u should direct d question 2 Gen. Yakubu Gowon who was d highest commandin officer! Nigerians hav decided!! No distraction can stop d change!!!
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by princejayboss: 7:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
polite2:
.PDP and IBOs asking for buhari's role during. de civil. war are de most gullible Nigerians I ve ever heard. Of.

vote wisely.

Are you high on Angel dust or what..... If you are so young to know about the history of the past then find an elder to tell you some story.... What do you think that lead to eastern states of Nigeria breaking away?.... Get facts write before making public disgrace of your sorry self
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by ngmgeek(m): 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians

PDP leaders should start by clarifying their role in the missing $20 Billion

PDP Leaders should also clarify their role in doing nothing in six years of BH insurgency which in turn led to the death of over 15.000 innocent Nigerians.

PDP leaders please clarify your role in encouraging the First lady to ask her supporters to stone anyone who say "Change"

I am not sure Buhari is from the area where Igbo land and houses were treated as abandoned properties.

I am not a Buhari supporter but you people should focus on more serious issues and quit playing with the intelligence of the igbo people. Don't open old wounds in the name of politics.

Mention me in bad terms and jump in the lake!

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
Why are lies flying everywhere?? The igbos got nothing after the war and those that were wealthy only got back £20. Please you guys should read 'There was a country' by the late Chinua Achebe. Many of the soldiers that fought and still alive have not been compensated.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by chibas: 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2015
Olodo ni awon people yi sa,direct ur questions to yakubu gowon.

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Bucacious: 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
any igbo that falls for dis can fall for any rubbish. how can a sane person be talking about the role of a soldier in the civil war. didnt some igbo soldiers kill the northerners? it was called CIVIL WAR for crying out loud. anyway, as usual the igbos will still fall for this. igbos intentionally marginalise themselves. their only party APGA couldnt even exist on his own . They sold themselves to anoda political party pdp. IGBOS its a pity.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Eluwilussit(m): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
zendy:

Shut up. There was no war when Buhari and co killed over 300 eastern officers in the middle of 1966. The war started in 1967

Ok sir. There was "no war", but there was a coup and then a counter-coup. There was crisis. Wars don't start in a day. Things lead to wars. So the war began in 66 through the coups, killings and all the crises.

Please, learn to differentiate issues. Whatever happened btw 66-70, should never be used against Buhari. He was a small fish then. The key players should be blamed.

I hate Buhari only as a presidential candidate but not as a northerner. I hate to think that some people will be playing tribal politics with that unfortunate era in our history. It is a big shame.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by criuze(m): 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2015
A P C ? NO PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by anwo247: 9:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
Buhari why now? You no wan enjoy your old age?

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by criuze(m): 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2015
DeBakson:
This post is nothin but nonesense, u should direct d question 2 Gen. Yakubu Gowon who was d highest commandin officer! Nigerians hav decided!! No distraction can stop d change!!!

Oga go and buy any book on nigeria history or borrow one. so you you don't know that gowon was installed after the coup , just to do the interest of his installers
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Eluwilussit(m): 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
babeface3:
You dont know jack about command responsibility which has hitherto been used used to nail many military personnel even at the ICC. What do you mean junior officer? He is answerable to his sins. Do you read about wars at all?

What proof do you have to show that Buhari committed any war crime? I have put in over 200 hours, studying the unfortunate events that led to the war. I have read almost everything written online about it. I ordered Achebe's book, "there was a country". Indeed, there was a country. I started reading about the crisis as a teenager, in the 80s. Believe me, I have read quite a lot. I have watched tons of videos too.

You don't take people to ICC on hearsay. You don't go there with politically motivated propaganda. It is easy to talk about ICC here on NL, but have you stopped for a minute to ask yourself why ICC hasn't done anything about Russia's invasion of Georgia some years back and the current role Russia is playing in the war in Ukraine?

I don't support the killing of the igbos in the north during that era. There has always been a hatred for Igbos in most part of nigeria and we all know why. Jealousy. But to accuse Buhari of war crimes in 2015, can only be politically motivated. I don't buy into that.

I have my issues with Buhari but the 66-70 events are not among them. We can't change what happened and should also understand that most of the actors were not really ready for what happened. I can forgive everyone who was involved in the crisis, no matter his or her roles.

I wish we can judge GMB from his role as minister, head of state, PTF chairman and as a 3-time failed presidential candidate. There's enough reason to reject Buhari without whipping up tribal sentiments based on the crisis of 66-70. That's my position.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by jpphilips(m): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
OneNaira6:

Alex Ekwueme was found innocent on the first trial. Incorrect on the second trial ordered by Buhari. Despite being found innocent, twice on a role for corruption charges, Buhari jailed the man therefore no, the "tribunals" did not jail Alex, buhari did that himself. Don't try to rewrite a known history especially one that was recently revisited by the media ever since Buhari decided to run.

Secondly, why are you trying to change shift. Your initial post was blaming Ironsi for not persecuting the coup plotters as the reason behind the north blood thirsty act. Therefore, I gave you an identical event using that your demi-god buhari. Did he persecute the coup plotters that brought him to leadership since he denied being involved? Yes or no?

Btw: under his leadership, his brother in law was able to transport suitcases of money without any government official bating an eye
Under his leadership, millions of dollars went missing from the PTF fund.
He also declared the most corrupt politician known in Nigerian history aka Abacha as an innocent man due to tribal similarity.

I wish you could proove half of what you said here.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by dmxsyntax(m): 9:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
Buhari! Buhari!! Buhari!!! Why can't this man go and rest.I think nigeria needs a young man in his 40s as the president of nigeria as to lead the country wiith youth-sense and not ill-manners aged people like buhari who has no certificate

1 Like

Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2015
why is buhari still alive after all these atrocities?

this is the height of corruption men! buhari needs to be flogged to death.
72year old man with leather skin still dreaming of Aso Rock!is there no hope for the youths @all?
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
jpphilips:

I wish you could proove half of what you said here.
go to the national library and open history books.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by nigger009(m): 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
BREAK!!!

How does this bloody ab*ki sleeps at night
I need explanation now now!!
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
Click like for GMB and share for GEJ
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by olisa4(m): 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
koladebrainiac:
I was at under bridhge Ojuelegba last friday listening to People discussing politics. Even after the news paper vendors have closed. I was just going from group to group listening to who they are supporting. I was impressed with whom they are supporting-Buhari. One ibo guy was even supporting buhari and I was like nna mehn ! In my office,headoffice inside busses n in the market people are angry ,hating Jonathan n pdp. Its only my brother who feel indifferent against buhari-imagine. I tried my best to convince him, he always saying buhari is a Muslim so he won't vote for muslim. I told him, Egbon,I want #change but later I discovered why he actually don't want Buhari- he is mechanical engineer who specialize in installing Big generators,industrial generator,shipping generators n any kinds of Big big gen. For him, its good that electricity is bad so people will buy more generators n he thinks Jonathan n PDP won't improve electricity in the next years to come. So he will still be in business.SMH. For that he won't vote someone whom seem likely to improve electricity . Imagine that
then your egbon is an id.iot
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Austin4lif: 11:28pm On Mar 22, 2015
polite2:

vote wisely.
northern slave
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
[quote author=DaMaster post=31890929]
Sometimes, I wonder d kind of school you attended. Probably the same your Mama Piss attended. Answer this question:

How old was Buhari in 1966? From my calculation, he was 23.

What rank do you think he had to be responsible for all these?

You obviously need good education.
[/quote
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari
doing a little bit of research b4 posting doesnt hurt.en since ur obviously too lame en lazy to do it,i have taken the liberty to post a link.all u need do is click on the link en rid urself of ignorance.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
BlackMaria:

If I hear,dat coward,who led millions of igbo to die with dat senseless war of his,only to run away.
A true general commits suicide,wen he losses a battle.
Ojukwu is a coward.
ojukwu led millions of igbos "willingly"to war .yes millions died but,he saved more .he is the grestest leader igbos ever had of yet.if ever he was alive en such circumstances arose again,i dunno for my igbo bros but i would gladly be lead by him
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Was there a war on 15 January 1966 when Ifeajuna, Nzeogwu, Anufuro, Okafor, Ademoyega, Gbulie, etc killed northern and western soldiers and politicians as well as some of their wives?
the northern officers didnt only kill eastern officers but civillians whom the swore to protect.
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 23, 2015
eduj:

ojukwu led millions of igbos "willingly"to war .yes millions died but,he saved more .he is the grestest leader igbos ever had of yet.if ever he was alive en such circumstances arose again,i dunno for my igbo bros but i would gladly be lead by him
Taaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by poseidon12: 1:04am On Mar 23, 2015
polite2:

vote wisely.

OBJ fought as a soldier on the Nigerian side. He did not participate in the massacare of unarmed Igbo civilians and unarmed Igbo officers. But Buhari, together with a number of other young northern soldiers, participated.
People should be held accountable for their past deeds; don't you think so?
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by jpphilips(m): 1:27am On Mar 23, 2015
shadowgwalker:
go to the national library and open history books.

The onus is on you to provide evidence to support your claims, referring me to the national library is as good as asking me to take patience Jonathan's IQ seriously.
Do you have it or not?
Re: PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians by dombenis(m): 5:57am On Mar 23, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari, the past will continue to haunt you. You committed many atrocities in the past. You joined the Army without certificate, you killed Igbos and Yorubas in the 1966 counter-coup. You violated human rights when you were head of state in 1984, you incited ur followers to kill corpers in Bauchi in 2011.

We have not forgotten.
...... after all this that Buhari did, he has the gods to come to Igbo land to campaign, men. he deserve to sentence to death. and Jonathan just keep silent, please my president, go and order his arrest now so that he ill be forget in jail. because is what he plan for you if he win,and I know that he can't win.thanks and God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar: "FG May Collapse" / EndSARS Protesters Block Kogi Government House, Deny Security Operatives Access / Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.